Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635136 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:53am On May 05, 2013
Mynd_44: I wonder what makes Joey think the Spurs will go as far as game 7 to win the Warriors and to A-40......I reserve my comment

clearly you don't know the players you're up against
The way they erased the team with the best home record was class

I'm seeing upset sef undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 1:47pm On May 05, 2013
joeydozzy:

clearly you don't know the players you're up against
The way they erased the team with the best home record was class

I'm seeing upset sef undecided
And you must have missed the way Spurs took out the Lakers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 05, 2013
Mynd_44:

even Celts will sweep Lakers undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:40pm On May 05, 2013
Looool sweeping the Lakers without Kobe don't count! All they had was Gasol and Dwight

Golden State has plenty weapons Curry,Lee,Jack,Barnes,Landry,Thompson and Bogut who is becoming stronger and a defensive force too
San Antone would definitely have their hands full and I smell an upset
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2013
Spurs vs Warriors: this is a very unpredictable match up, but I think the experience of spurs would prevail. Warriors have already over achieved by reaching the semi's.

Okc vs Grizzlies: the grizz are the only genuine team left with a post game and defensively apt, okc is a jump shooting team and without westbrook it has become tougher, I am going with the grizzlies, hopefully zibo can stay out of foul trouble during the series.

Knicks vs Indiana: this is the end of the road for the AARP knicks, the pacers are overtly physical and pound the glass, the pacers would win this one.

Heats vs Bulls: the bulls might steal one or two games, but they lack instant offensive, the heats possess too much fire power, especially three point shooting, thus they get my vote...
I would not wish to see rose come back, the team is already struggling with chemistry, I doubt rose would solve it...

But i would sure love an upset.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:00pm On May 05, 2013
^^
+1
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 05, 2013
Mynd_44:
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 05, 2013
OKC grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 05, 2013
joeydozzy:

even Celts will sweep Lakers undecided

Ode
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 05, 2013
REALITY101:

Ode

take heart, it's one of those days
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 8:59pm On May 05, 2013
joeydozzy:

take heart, it's one of those days
Wikid
Re: The NBA Begins by 2legit2qwt: 1:19am On May 06, 2013
Thunder Up!!
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 3:04pm On May 06, 2013
Roland17: I think KG has ran the last lap of his professional career, i doubt he would be back next season.
I rebuke you!

And where would Paul Pierce play next season?
I rebuke you again! cheesy cheesy

Pierce & KG will be back in Celtics uniforms for a final season...or Danny Ainge and me will share the leg of one pant (or trousers for you brits) angry walahi! e go talk true when I involve my jazzman, the gloves will come off.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 3:06pm On May 06, 2013
Roland17: Spurs vs Warriors: this is a very unpredictable match up, but I think the experience of spurs would prevail. Warriors have already over achieved by reaching the semi's.

Okc vs Grizzlies: the grizz are the only genuine team left with a post game and defensively apt, okc is a jump shooting team and without westbrook it has become tougher, I am going with the grizzlies, hopefully zibo can stay out of foul trouble during the series.

Knicks vs Indiana: this is the end of the road for the AARP knicks, the pacers are overtly physical and pound the glass, the pacers would win this one.

Heats vs Bulls: the bulls might steal one or two games, but they lack instant offensive, the heats possess too much fire power, especially three point shooting, thus they get my vote...
I would not wish to see rose come back, the team is already struggling with chemistry, I doubt rose would solve it...

Solid analysis as usual Roland. Indiana exposed the deficiencies of the Knicks. It'd be a much better finals anyways between the Pacers & Heat...plenty of bad blood left over from last year cheesy.

And I feel so bad for OKC...they just had the rug pulled out from under them with Westbrook's injury. I expect it to go 7games...but I think Durant's superstar factor can be enough to send them to the WCF. We'll see....
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 3:07pm On May 06, 2013
^^
Lmao.......
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:35pm On May 06, 2013
Damn! Durant balled out of his mind last night! He probably was pissed off Lebron got MVP! I don't get the gap tho! Lebron's stats where not vastly superior to Durant's with assists and FG% the only places Lebron had a distinct edge! Fairplay to him he does deserve his 4th!
Dunno if Durant can maintain this level of play over the series against the Grizz
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 4:42pm On May 06, 2013
Roland17: Spurs vs Warriors: this is a very unpredictable match up, but I think the experience of spurs would prevail. Warriors have already over achieved by reaching the semi's.

Me too, but NBA playoffs so boringly easy to predict. few surprises Most people agree it's Heat vs. Spurs final and Miami wins it all.

I'm rooting for this Grizs to get to the final. A deep, balanced, tough and rugged team. This is the one team that can take the Heat down to the wire. In the end though the Heat simply has too much firepower to overwhelm any defense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:00am On May 07, 2013
everyone predicts Heat to win this year's ring

Playoff this season is boring. No competition, no players. Even players there aren't stepping up
Missed Rose, Rondo, Bryant, Westbrook, Stoudemire, Lee, etc

Nba needs new spice of players
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:38am On May 07, 2013
JeSoul: I rebuke you!

I rebuke you again! cheesy cheesy

Pierce & KG will be back in Celtics uniforms for a final season...or Danny Ainge and me will share the leg of one pant (or trousers for you brits) angry walahi! e go talk true when I involve my jazzman, the gloves will come off.

Lol, me my sef would struggle without those guys, honestly i feel Paul pierce deserves the chance to end his career with the Celtics, he has been very faithful, i remember when he was draft and the dry spell we went through, but he stuck with us until KG's coming, i would be very sad to see him leave if Danny Ainge makes that financial decision, as for KG, i don't think there is a player more respected than this Guy in the NBA, save for Duncan, but his future with the Celtics is really bleak, but hey we can only cross our fingers and hope.

Even the biggest OKC apologist know that victory against the Grizzlies brings more worries than joy, they barely made it, they were pounded in very aspect.

As Occam rightly said, the NBA has become way too predictable, where players with speed and athleticism are revered and celebrated compared to players with Ball IQ and Intelligence.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:54am On May 07, 2013
And the pounding begins with the heat, how i wish they can generate some form of instant offense...
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 3:02am On May 07, 2013
It's the Kryptonite Nate night! The smallest player in this playoff and the biggest surprise so far. He carried the Bulls on his shoulder to cool down the red Heat. I'm so excited. Yes, one game does not decide a series but could this be the upset we've been waiting for?
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 4:50am On May 07, 2013
chris bosh = bum
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 4:56am On May 07, 2013
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:51am On May 07, 2013
ekt_bear: chris bosh = bum

that was all wade...even after a week's rest dude looks injured
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 7:52pm On May 07, 2013
ekt_bear: chris bosh = bum
Chris Bum? cheesy
birdman:

that was all wade...even after a week's rest dude looks injured
ROTFLOL cheesy grin funny.

Nice win for the Pacers! And Wake up Miami, looks like the long break took ya'll off your game. I'm not sure how much longer Chicago can run the Nate train...something's gotta give soon...
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 7:55pm On May 07, 2013
Roland17:

Lol, me my sef would struggle without those guys, honestly i feel Paul pierce deserves the chance to end his career with the Celtics, he has been very faithful, i remember when he was draft and the dry spell we went through, but he stuck with us until KG's coming, i would be very sad to see him leave if Danny Ainge makes that financial decision, as for KG, i don't think there is a player more respected than this Guy in the NBA, save for Duncan, but his future with the Celtics is really bleak, but hey we can only cross our fingers and hope.
My fingers ain't crossed oh...they are in trigger position...let Danny Ainge just make one false move...FIRE! grin seriously, they absolutely deserve to close out their careers in green...especially as they are still productive on the floor...KG with 17rebounds the other day. They ain't scrubs at all.

Meanwhile, just to make sure ya'll didn't miss this news:
Thunder's Fisher fined $5K for flopping
http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/06/derek-fisher-fined-flopping.ap/index.html?cid=nba_13_OBNews
Waz a'bout time! hope members of the heat are soon tagged as well...those guys are drama queens.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:29am On May 08, 2013
JeSoul: My fingers ain't crossed oh...they are in trigger position...let Danny Ainge just make one false move...FIRE! grin seriously, they absolutely deserve to close out their careers in green...especially as they are still productive on the floor...KG with 17rebounds the other day. They ain't scrubs at all.

Meanwhile, just to make sure ya'll didn't miss this news:
Thunder's Fisher fined $5K for flopping
http://www.nba.com/2013/news/05/06/derek-fisher-fined-flopping.ap/index.html?cid=nba_13_OBNews
Waz a'bout time! hope members of the heat are soon tagged as well...those guys are drama queens.

Nobody flops on the heat. Honestly, I think Battier takes way too many charges - those hurt your career long term.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:51am On May 08, 2013
Oh wow

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:49am On May 08, 2013
birdman:

Nobody flops on the heat. Honestly, I think Battier takes way too many charges - those hurt your career long term.

Even though i agree with your assertion, i doubt Shane is a typical example...

Shane Battier is 34, he would turn 35 in September, which longer term are u talking about with Shane? except u mean after his NBA career.lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:50am On May 08, 2013
REALITY101: Oh wow

I am not buying their Circus
Re: The NBA Begins by dayokanu(m): 5:04am On May 08, 2013
Can OKC pull this off
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:14am On May 08, 2013
Roland17:

Even though i agree with your assertion, i doubt Shane is a typical example...

Shane Battier is 34, he would turn 35 in September, which longer term are u talking about with Shane? except u mean after his NBA career.lol

i guess you have a point there. dude has been in the league for a while.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: will007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.