Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,557 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635122 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:02am On May 15, 2013
Roland17: @ Akpan-40

You have been sold about the AARP's even before this run and who am i to blame you for buying their market? We(Boston) are not interested in moving up the ladder in the East, we are content with 7th and playing the Knicks and God!!! i can't wait for another sweep.

The Magic is not with the players, boy!!!! the magic is with Doc Rivers and his game calling, which is the reason we are still relevant.

I don't care if all their retirees come back, that AARP team are bunch of dead wood, who depend solely on jump shots, come playoff's hopefully they are playing against us, the game would definitely slow down, those jump shots opportunities would die down and they would be forced to play playoff's basketball.

Akpan!!! i am reiterating my earlier prediction, except the AARP's avoid the Celtics in the first round, they are at best second rounders.

@Jesoul, whats up? its been a while.. hope u are warming up for the post season, not expecting tooo much though.

April 10th, 2013.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:07am On May 15, 2013
Roland17: i have watched the Knicks and to tell u the truth, apart from the three's nothing excites me, maybe thats just me, but am looking forward to the post season.

Jan 11, 2013.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:16am On May 15, 2013
Roland17: Oooo come on Man, are u really serious about this Knick thing they are a shooting team, they live and die by 3 points with a huge turn over ratio, they do not play any form of defense, their defenders foul out before the end of the 4th quarter, those shots would not fall every day and i still maintain my stance about them being a first round, at best second round post season team.

Am not buying that circus...

The Celtics pierced my heart tonight, a triple double by Rando, but we should have won that game, we are over reliant on K.G, but i loved the performance, especially defensively as a unit.

Dec 8, 2012
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:20am On May 15, 2013
Roland17: @A-40
Hey bro,i told u am not buying that Knicks circus and they proved me right last night against the Grizzs, i know u might be tempted to excuse them for one game, but if u look deeply u would realize what i mean, the Knicks live and die by 3 the points and when that is not going for them, they are rattled, they do not have a post game(save for R. Wallace), which is critical in post season, although i agree they are sharing the ball better than they did last season but their defense is still erratic..

Am not buying this Circus, they remain first rounders, at best second rounders in the post season for me.

November 17, 2012.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23am On May 15, 2013
Roland17:

As for the Knicks, i am definitely not buying this circus show!!!, they have a good back court, with additions Kidd, R. Felton and Prigioni, but i still think they are First Rounders, at best second round, but am not Buying their show...

November 16, 2012
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:40am On May 15, 2013
birdman:

Uncle ke? lmao. Here is why all the talk of flop, fairness, etc is not bugging me:

The league is a business. The reason you dont have any compromising videos of Jordan is because it does not help the NBA's cause. Just like every star player's career has been whitewashed, so will Lebron's. And there will be endless "moving" documentaries on NBA TV making you think he, Kobe, etc are the best things since sliced bread. If you think Lebron's was bad, you shoulda seen Jordan. You couldnt even touch him. Or check out the Kobe's second, third championship runs. Who cares about that 10 years later? Few people even remember.
Chai this guy no get sense at all! The initial argument was did any member of the Heat flopped? After seeing a freightliner of proof this poof has resorted to calling Kobe and Jordan!
Can you at least admit you are wrong and stop trying so hard to look ignorant
This coon does not even know refs where not as whistle happy in the MJ era like they are now! You could hand-check then! Bang in the low post! Charges where earned not like now where ninjas would flop all over the place

birdman:
The sooner you realize this, the earlier you save your energy - find a team you like and just enjoy the game. If there is one thing I like in Lebron over Kobe, its that he has figured the game out. Not the game itself, but the fact that this is fundamentally a business. He may be chasing rings, but he understands this is a business first, sport second. I hope he becomes as rich as Magic by the time he is done.
Lmao! You think Kobe is broke?

birdman:
Meanwhile A-40, keep wasting your time ragging on millionaires.
Hahahaha see this dangbana so after providing your dumbass with proof that your boy's a flopper this is the best you can come up with? What an eediot! I'm sure he shares his millions with you
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 6:51am On May 15, 2013
And Spurs win game 5. One more game and we are done. No point taking this to game 7. Simply no point.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:04am On May 15, 2013
JeSoul: Bingo! exactly! I don't understand why he is "day-to-day". Get on the floor or simply say you're out for the season, not the cat and mouse game he's been playing. The thing tire me.
Let's see if he would try and come back in Game 5 when all is truly lost! I think deep down he doesn't believe he can beat this Heat team. Its just awful to watch with their offensive arsenal consisting mainly of Nate Robinson and Carlos Boozer they shot at 26% looool
Going forward this behavior just might affect his game and how he is perceived by his teammates

JeSoul:
grin grin lol@ vast repertoire lol. Hilerious vids. Lebron will look back one day and wonder why he was embarrasing himself so much. I think it greatly diminishes from his legacy. True legends like Kobe, MJ cannot be caught dead looking for cheap bailouts- they go out and will their team to win, not looking for help from the Refs.
Its crazy really! He is supposed to be a beast that doesn't need any help! Why would a beast resort to that kind of theatrics? He was flopping on bigger guys,smaller guys it was truly irritating to watch my dear

@Roland
Calm down bro! The Knicks aint out yet and even if they do get knocked out! They beat up on your Celts which I rightly predicted and you got wrong as usual grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:26am On May 16, 2013
Lebron be flopping in his sleep bruh! Gotta respect the Bulls for fighting
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:22am On May 16, 2013
So its Heat-Pacers in the east. Melo vs Lebron in MSG would be something, but it aint happening
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:51am On May 16, 2013
This season is entirely a joke... Meanwhile bye bye OKC and Chicago.. Knicks next. I was hoping for Knicks and Heat.. I owe 13 Heat fans dinner 13 playoffs ticket for next season if Heat win back2back and only God knows why em thiefs would wanna go if they win.. They must not win... I hate James

OKC ain't shhit without Westbrook...

LAKERS FOREVER BABY
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:54am On May 16, 2013
Poor Bulls if only the odds where not so stacked against them! The Heat are halfway there it seems barring a miracle but the Pacers match em well so let's see how it goes

OKC never stood a chance! With Harden and Westbrook they barely beat this same team so it was highly unlikely they escaped this Memphis team
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:10am On May 16, 2013
Okc really sucks
No a lil dream finals this year sad

Will still wait for my dream final Lakers vs Heat wink
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:33pm On May 16, 2013
joeydozzy: Okc really sucks
No a lil dream finals this year sad

Will still wait for my dream final Lakers vs Heat wink
Lol OKC's dreams tore up with Russ Westbrook's knee! Not that they coulda beaten the Heat anyway cos they just don't match up well with them! They really need to do sumn about Perkins dude is an offensive bum and his defence is not what it used to be they would do well to pick up Blatche from the Nets if they still have cap room
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:16pm On May 17, 2013
In the end inexperience cost the Warriors! It was a good run tho they just couldn't get stops when it mattered most

Western Finals are set then! Spurs vs Grizzlies

The Knicks hang on but can they steal a game in Indy? Especially with Melo and JR shooting so poorly all series long?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 17, 2013
^^^I doubt
playoffs is now a bore. Roland Garros should come up quick lol
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2013
A-40:
In the end inexperience cost the Warriors! It was a good run tho they just couldn't get stops when it mattered most

Western Finals are set then! Spurs vs Grizzlies

The Knicks hang on but can they steal a game in Indy? Especially with Melo and JR shooting so poorly all series long?

Seriously who cares about this series? Given the atrocious shooting by both teams, the games are so painful to watch. In any case, who ever wins will be scorched by the Heat in 4 or 5 games.

All eyes should be on the Griz-Spurs match up. An intriguing series awaits us with both teams peaking at the right time. I tip my hat for the Grizzles in 6 or 7 games. Also, I believe the Grizs is the only team left that can outlast the Heat
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:25pm On May 17, 2013
occam:

Seriously who cares about this series? Given the atrocious shooting by both teams, the games are so painful to watch. In any case, who ever wins will be scorched by the Heat in 4 or 5 games.

All eyes should be on the Griz-Spurs match up. An intriguing series awaits us with both teams peaking at the right time. I tip my hat for the Grizzles in 6 or 7 games. Also, I believe the Grizs is the only team left that can outlast the Heat
Lool I expected a slugfest anyway I just didn't expect Melo and JR to shoot so poorly! I think the Heat are the only team that has moved the ball decently in the entire East! The Knicks to me are still the only team that can match the offensive firepower of Miami! They just need to select their shots better tho I don't know if they can fix that at this point. This Miami team can be beat! The short-handed Bulls showed that

I think that series is a toss up men! The Spurs are deeper so they have the edge but Memphis has beaten them before so I wouldn't write em off either
Re: The NBA Begins by occam(m): 6:33pm On May 17, 2013
2013 Western Conference finals

Spurs vs. Grizzles: Which starting 5 has the edge?

PF: Tim Duncan vs Zach Randolph --- Too close to call
C: Tiago Splitter vs. Marc Gasol --- Definitely Marc will pound Tiago to submission
SF: Kawhi Leonnard vs. Tayshun Prince --- I pick the more athletic Kawhi over the veteran Prince
SG: Danny Green vs. Tony Allen --- Trick or treat Allen will be too much for Danny
PG: Tony Parker vs. Mike Conley --- wow! I’m stuck here but if you put a gun to my head I’ll go for Tony Parker.

Potential game changers coming off the bench:

For Spurs:
Manu Ginobilli --- can change a game with his 3 point shooting and exciting drives to the basket. That said, the solid perimeter defense of the Grizzles should curtail Manu and force turnovers. Also Manu may not be healthy enough to withstand the suffocating defense of Prince and Tony Allen

Matt Bonner and Gary Neal have been inconsistent thus far in the playoffs, but either can still come up with a momentum changing 3 pointer

Will T-Mac see floor time? If so, can he even have any impact in a series that’s expected to be a defensive battle?

For Grizzles:
Quincy Poindexter and Jarryd Baylis have become reliable 3 point shooters for the offensively challenged Grizzles bench. With Marc & Zach dominating the paint, there will be plenty of 3 point opportunities for these guys.

Prediction:
I say Grizzles in 6 games but Pop’s ability to draw up smart plays during time outs may give Spurs an edge. Also Timmy, Tony Parker & Manu are masters in executing down the stretch.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 8:57pm On May 17, 2013
A-40:

Lool I expected a slugfest anyway I just didn't expect Melo and JR to shoot so poorly! I think the Heat are the only team that has moved the ball decently in the entire East! The Knicks to me are still the only team that can match the offensive firepower of Miami! They just need to select their shots better tho I don't know if they can fix that at this point. This Miami team can be beat! The short-handed Bulls showed that
This statement is actually not a praise of the NY Knickerboxers, but rather a sharp indictment of the poor offensive capabilities of eastern conference teams. Chai! east coast has suffered cheesy

I would actually go with the Pacers over the Knicks as "capable of beating Miami". NY just don't have the physicality to match up. Na so so 3pters and jacked up shots late in the shot clock. Chandler is a force in the paint, but he alone cannot stop the penetration of Heat forwards. Pacers at least have shown some history vs. Miami that they can get down and grind. But alas the Pacers are sketchy...as they showed vs. Atlanta in round 1. Still too young & immature to beat an experienced squad like Miami over 7 games.

Damn...when will this yeye east get some diversity like the west?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:39am On May 18, 2013
Roland17: Spurs vs Warriors: this is a very unpredictable match up, but I think the experience of spurs would prevail. Warriors have already over achieved by reaching the semi's.

Okc vs Grizzlies: the grizz are the only genuine team left with a post game and defensively apt, okc is a jump shooting team and without westbrook it has become tougher, I am going with the grizzlies, hopefully zibo can stay out of foul trouble during the series.

Knicks vs Indiana: this is the end of the road for the AARP knicks, the pacers are overtly physical and pound the glass, the pacers would win this one.

Heats vs Bulls: the bulls might steal one or two games, but they lack instant offensive, the heats possess too much fire power, especially three point shooting, thus they get my vote...
I would not wish to see rose come back, the team is already struggling with chemistry, I doubt rose would solve it...

But i would sure love an upset.

May 5th 2013..

90% complete
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:29am On May 18, 2013
JeSoul: This statement is actually not a praise of the NY Knickerboxers, but rather a sharp indictment of the poor offensive capabilities of eastern conference teams. Chai! east coast has suffered cheesy
Loool really the Heat have too many weapons offensively to rely on just defense to beat them! What are the odds of Lebron,Wade,Bosh,Allen,Chalmers all having a bad night for 4 games in a series?

JeSoul:
I would actually go with the Pacers over the Knicks as "capable of beating Miami". NY just don't have the physicality to match up. Na so so 3pters and jacked up shots late in the shot clock. Chandler is a force in the paint, but he alone cannot stop the penetration of Heat forwards. Pacers at least have shown some history vs. Miami that they can get down and grind. But alas the Pacers are sketchy...as they showed vs. Atlanta in round 1. Still too young & immature to beat an experienced squad like Miami over 7 games.
NY have depth! They have been quite underwhelming this post season with Melo and JR trying to rebuild the World Trade Center with those bricks and the role players just doing nothing! There would be games you have to outscore this Heat team I just dunno if Indy would be able to do that! Indy just might win this series tho but I doubt they can get past the Heat

JeSoul:
Damn...when will this yeye east get some diversity like the west?

Lool you know the westside is the best side grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:56am On May 19, 2013
Roland17: Spurs vs Warriors: this is a very unpredictable match up, but I think the experience of spurs would prevail. Warriors have already over achieved by reaching the semi's.

Okc vs Grizzlies: the grizz are the only genuine team left with a post game and defensively apt, okc is a jump shooting team and without westbrook it has become tougher, I am going with the grizzlies, hopefully zibo can stay out of foul trouble during the series.

Knicks vs Indiana: this is the end of the road for the AARP knicks, the pacers are overtly physical and pound the glass, the pacers would win this one.

Heats vs Bulls: the bulls might steal one or two games, but they lack instant offensive, the heats possess too much fire power, especially three point shooting, thus they get my vote...
I would not wish to see rose come back, the team is already struggling with chemistry, I doubt rose would solve it...

But i would sure love an upset.

Ummmm Uncle Akpan-40 please come and defend your AARP's, a useless team in my opinion, they were pounded on the board, the knicks as usual depnd on three's and jump shots with all big men fouling out with less than 8 points each...

And what more can i say about Mike Woodson's play call!!!! 50 seconds to the end of the game and the AARP's have exhausted their time outs grin

In-fact its become very boring arguing about the knicks, i would leave that to Uncle Akpan-40...

Give me my props for predicting 100% abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:09am On May 19, 2013
Grizzlies vs Spurs: As much as many would doubt, i am giving this series to the Grizzlies, they are a complete team mentally and the players understand role play better than any other team left in the playoff's.

Gasol is by far a better rim protector/ ball passer at this stage to Duncan of their career (no disrespect to the great Duncan).
Zibo is by far the player with the highest ball IQ left in the playoff's, his ability to position for rebounds and that very soft left touch would be too much to handle for the Spurs.

Defensively, Tony Allen, Prince pose more threat and wing span compared to what the spurs can offer, although their three point shooting is way below as they barely attempt much of it, i think they would pound and grind this series.

Pacers vs Heats: tough!!!tough!!!! match up, but this is the end of the road for the flopping Heats, the joker for this series would be Roy Hibbert, if he pounds the board and stay out of foul trouble,, the heats can forget this series.

Although the heats have superior fire power especially three point shooting, i expect a disciplined defense from the pacers to force jump shots and out rebound the Heats.
Re: The NBA Begins by ektbear: 7:13am On May 19, 2013
Kareem Hibbert Jabbar.

Great game from Hibbert, George, and Stephenson.

I hope the Heat spank them though.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:02am On May 19, 2013
Pacers vs Heats 2-4

Grizzlies vs Spurs 4-2
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2013
Heat-Pacers (4-1)
I see the Heat beating the Pacers 4-1. Pacers claim to be a physical team, but the only legit physical starter is D. West. The rest try to feed off of him. Hibbert's fake toughness is particularly hilarious. In fact they are lucky they didn't meet the Bulls because the Pacers would have been out by now. Their only shot is Hibbert getting a ton of offensive rebounds against the generally shorter Heat - I don't see that happening 4 out of 7 games. I look forward to an overconfident Pacers team eating dust cool

Spurs-Grizzlies (2-4)
Frankly, I want the Grizz to sweep the Spurs, and put an end to Popovich's messed up, ugly, eyesore brand of basketball that he has refused to give up because he won chanpionships with it a decade ago angry. I guess his pride wont let him admit everybody now knows his style of play, which is why even the Warriors gave them fits. Unless Popovich suddenly changes his plays, the Grizz know what to expect. Spurs will win one or two, because its hard to stop Parker's penetration for a full 48, even with Tony Allen on him. I can't wait to see Pops go fishing..again.
Re: The NBA Begins by JeSoul(f): 3:30pm On May 20, 2013
A-40:
Lool you know the westside is the best side grin grin
Akpan-40....mind yaself oh angry cheesy

birdman: Heat-Pacers (4-1)
I see the Heat beating the Pacers 4-1. Pacers claim to be a physical team, but the only legit physical starter is D. West. The rest try to feed off of him. Hibbert's fake toughness is particularly hilarious. In fact they are lucky they didn't meet the Bulls because the Pacers would have been out by now. Their only shot is Hibbert getting a ton of offensive rebounds against the generally shorter Heat - I don't see that happening 4 out of 7 games. I look forward to an overconfident Pacers team eating dust cool
I agree the toughness of the Pacers is not yet there, but I wouldn't be so dismissive. Its true Hibbert is not made of beast material, but he's good enough to do some damage - IF they come to play ball, focused and passionate...cos they obviously mentally check out of games as they did against the inferior Hawks in Rd 1. If not anything, I would attribute them not being able to beat Miami due to youth, immaturity & inexperience - not necessarily talent.

Spurs-Grizzlies (2-4)
Frankly, I want the Grizz to sweep the Spurs, and put an end to Popovich's messed up, ugly, eyesore brand of basketball that he has refused to give up because he won chanpionships with it a decade ago angry. I guess his pride wont let him admit everybody now knows his style of play, which is why even the Warriors gave them fits. Unless Popovich suddenly changes his plays, the Grizz know what to expect. Spurs will win one or two, because its hard to stop Parker's penetration for a full 48, even with Tony Allen on him. I can't wait to see Pops go fishing..again.
Lol. Popovich has 4 championship rings and you call his "brand of basketball an eyesore"? haba lol. I will be the first to agree Spurs ball is by and large boring and predictable - BUT he was not hired to make Sportscenter Top 10 plays - he was hired to win championships and he has done that for a long time, able to draft wisely and maximize potential. Spurs ball may be 'predictable' but it doesn't mean just because you know what they're going to do, you'll be able to stop them.

That said, the Grizz have a great chance of upsetting the Spurs, they're a solid all-around team. But there's a reason the Spurs are still relevant year after year. I'm not dismissing them like many people are.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2013
JeSoul:
Lol. Popovich has 4 championship rings and you call his "brand of basketball an eyesore"? haba lol. I will be the first to agree Spurs ball is by and large boring and predictable - BUT he was not hired to make Sportscenter Top 10 plays - he was hired to win championships and he has done that for a long time, able to draft wisely and maximize potential. Spurs ball may be 'predictable' but it doesn't mean just because you know what they're going to do, you'll be able to stop them.

Well Pops has done one thing different this year. Lionel Hollins even admitted that the spurs had plays he had never seen before. Lets see if he can surprise the grizz in game 2
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:53pm On May 21, 2013
Lool the Spurs boring? Hahaha I hate the Spurs with every fiber of my being but this present Spurs are anything but boring! Whaat! I was amazed at the clinic they put on against the Grizzlies

Roland17:

Ummmm Uncle Akpan-40 please come and defend your AARP's, a useless team in my opinion, they were pounded on the board, the knicks as usual depnd on three's and jump shots with all big men fouling out with less than 8 points each...

And what more can i say about Mike Woodson's play call!!!! 50 seconds to the end of the game and the AARP's have exhausted their time outs grin

In-fact its become very boring arguing about the knicks, i would leave that to Uncle Akpan-40...

Give me my props for predicting 100% abeg
I would give you props when you give me props for predicting the a$$-whooping the Knicks handed your Celtics!

My prediction
Spurs over Grizzlies in six! They have waaay more depth offensively! Guys like Danny Green,Ginobili,Leonard would spread the Grizzlies past their elastic limit at the perimeter

Pacers over Heat in six! This is more in hope than actual reality but the Pacers really handled the Heat in the regular season. They actually have a player in Paul George that can stop Lebron or limit him at least! Wade's knee is still bum and I expect the Heat to take a beating in the paint from guys like West and Roy Hibbert in this series
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:43am On May 22, 2013
15-13 at the end of the 1st! Hehehe this is just ugly man
Tony Allen is such an offensive bum its not even funny! I don't care how good he is defensively no one should be that clueless on the offensive end! The Spurs are just clogging the paint giving zero room for Gasol and Z-Bo to work with and its so easy for them cos they don't have shooters to spread the floor
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:14am On May 22, 2013
The Grizz shooting percentage must be in negative
Either or both of Allen and Prince has to ride the bench in this series men! Their defence is of no use if they aren't bringing anything to the table offensively! They need somebody/anybody that would spread the floor and allow Gasol and Z-Bo to work!

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.