Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,640 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:45 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1663227 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:26am On May 02, 2017
the threes will still stop falling,only fear for the spurs is the lead fit done be too big.
flashes of kawhi on harden,they might have to go this matchup earlier than they would want to.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:27am On May 02, 2017
LMA is passing up shots he used to feast on.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:27am On May 02, 2017
Personally I think GSW marks the 3pt line better than Spurs and can match Rockets for transition buckets as we are as fast. Only issue now is rebounds and Harden's ability to draw fouls or use his open wings.

Spurs are being run ragged but it is partly to do with poor shooting and rebounds. A lot of mins still to play for but I won't be surprised if Rockets close this game 1.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:28am On May 02, 2017
SIRcumalot:
LMA is passing up shots he used to feast on.

He regressed this year. He was better his first season with them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:29am On May 02, 2017
This is Bullying..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:33am On May 02, 2017
Law of averages suggests 3s wont fall so easy for rockets all game. This will give spurs more defensive rebounds so they can run down the court before rockets defense sets.

Still, spurs have to keep lead under 20 before half otherwise lead will be too big anyhow
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:37am On May 02, 2017
Spurs players are gasping for breath because of the pace, they have to slow this game down else this would be over by the 3rd.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:40am On May 02, 2017
I do not want to be a spurs player going in to half time. Popovich go cane pesin tonite grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:41am On May 02, 2017
What a wow.

69-39 Houston lead. Largest ever deficit by Pop in playoffs history. I am shocked.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:43am On May 02, 2017
birdman:
Law of averages suggests 3s wont fall so easy for rockets all game. This will give spurs more defensive rebounds so they can run down the court before rockets defense sets.

Still, spurs have to keep lead under 20 before half otherwise lead will be too big anyhow

This game is gone. They might make the final score respectable but 30 is too much. Pop would make adjustments for next game. Perhaps Manu will feature more in this series as he has looked money.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:43am On May 02, 2017
birdman:
I do not want to be a spurs player going in to half time. Popovich go cane pesin tonite grin

Na the reporter wen go conduct Popovic interview i dey pity pass. grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:44am On May 02, 2017
If third quarter starts, and Aldridge still wants to be useless, i will go to bed. Better things to do tomorrow.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 4:12am On May 02, 2017
let see what adjustment the spurs makes in game 2.
the excuse can't always be age.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:22am On May 02, 2017
Kawhi getting some phantom foul calls.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:22am On May 02, 2017
It's just game 1 but is anyone still holding out for the Spurs to clinch the series?
I don't think Pop would out think D'Anthony in this series.
Warriors - Rockets would be an ideal final, just that it would give the advantage to the Cavs who would still be fresh from blitzing their conference finals.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:52am On May 02, 2017
sapiosexual1:
It's just game 1 but is anyone still holding out for the Spurs to clinch the series?
I don't think Pop would out think D'Anthony in this series.
Warriors - Rockets would be an ideal final, just that it would give the advantage to the Cavs who would still be fresh from blitzing their conference finals.

The adjustments coaches make should not be underrated o. Last year, Pop beat Donovan by 42 points or so in the first game loss of OKC against Spurs- WCSF.

Next thing, OKC stole game 2 and by series end spanked Spurs 4-2. I think both teams will steal home games of the other so I am not surprised that Rockets have stolen 1. Na after game 2 we go confirm if there is fire on the mountain.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2017
The Raptors for me aren't even as good as last year. And bad as the Cavs D might be the Raptors do not have the perfect blend of stars and role players to cause an upset. Plus there's LeBron and if Paul George couldn't slow him down you just wonder who in the Raptors can.

For the Spurs vs Rockets. The Grizzlies series and the mighty struggle to beat them planted my seeds of doubt. They did a horrible job of guarding the 3pt line it must be said, still I don't know if the Rockets can continue with that NBA Jam type of shooting. What has impressed me however is the flexibility of D'Antoni. The way he is toggling matchups and going with who is hot offensively and defensively is unique. Everything is going through Kawhi and are turning him to an iso player almost.

LMA has been a complete liability. The damage he did even with his limited minutes is obscene.

You got to give it to D'Antoni. Those passes Harden makes nowadays it takes a coach with foresight to have seen that potential

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 02, 2017
Eruditor:

The adjustments coaches make should not be underrated o. Last year, Pop beat Donovan by 42 points or so in the first game loss of OKC against Spurs- WCSF.

Next thing, OKC stole game 2 and by series end spanked Spurs 4-2. I think both teams will steal home games of the other so I am not surprised that Rockets have stolen 1. Na after game 2 we go confirm if there is fire on the mountain.
Yes game 2 is very critical. I expect Rockets to go for small ball or pick and roll cos Spurs would be looking to lock down the perimeter.
Anyhow sha, this is going to be one very interesting series.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:42am On May 03, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Yes game 2 is very critical. I expect Rockets to go for small ball or pick and roll cos Spurs would be looking to lock down the perimeter.
Anyhow sha, this is going to be one very interesting series.

I thought that too at first. But is Harden more dangerous at the 3pt or in the paint? Same with Gordon, Beverly, LouWilliams. All these guys get hot from 3, but they will damage you in the paint guaranteed.

Im going to guess Popovich stays stubborn and sticks to his philosophy of protecting the paint. Now, they will show and try to defend a little more at the 3, but they will not show hard and risk penetration in the paint. Harden is already an expert in this, no need to encourage those dribbles to the paint grin

If spurs go down, they will go down with their game plan.
Rockets will have to repeat this hot shooting 3 more times. And I believe this will be dantonis game plan. Run the system until spurs show you they can stop it

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:09am On May 03, 2017
This your IT guy dey carry ball any how. Now I understand what Bulls coach was saying cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:21am On May 03, 2017
Been checking Livescores for the Celtics game. Saw them down by 10 even into the 4th quarter only to check now and see them up by 3 with 7 mins to go. 102-99

Washington bottling company.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:22am On May 03, 2017
^Dont matter smoosh. Wizards are a lazy and weak willed team. If celtics push, they will give up the next 2 home games too. These guys are not mentally ready for a long playoffs run - they got out of the first round, so mission accomplished. They have already checked out.

Oh, and John Wall is lazy
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:24am On May 03, 2017
birdman:

I thought that too at first. But is Harden more dangerous at the 3pt or in the paint? Same with Gordon, Beverly, LouWilliams. All these guys get hot from 3, but they will damage you in the paint guaranteed.

Im going to guess Popovich stays stubborn and sticks to his philosophy of protecting the paint. Now, they will show and try to defend a little more at the 3, but they will not show hard and risk penetration in the paint. Harden is already an expert in this, no need to encourage those dribbles to the paint grin

If spurs go down, they will go down with their game plan.
Rockets will have to repeat this hot shooting 3 more times. And I believe this will be dantonis game plan. Run the system until spurs show you they can stop it

First quarter of game 2 will be very important because if you guys come out the block without the shots falling it could affect the team's rhythm.

Sure, you beat OKC by playing good defense rather than shooting them lights out like you did the Spurs yesterday, but I doubt y'all would be able to beat Spurs without the 3-ball as they are experts at protecting the paint.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:25am On May 03, 2017
birdman:
^Dont matter smoosh. Wizards are a lazy and weak willed team. If celtics push, they will give up the next 2 home games too. These guys are not mentally ready for a long playoffs run - they got out of the first round, so mission accomplished. They have already checked out.

Oh, and John Wall is lazy

I said it about them before the playoffs. A mentally weak team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:47am On May 03, 2017
SmooshCHN1:
This your IT guy dey carry ball any how. Now I understand what Bulls coach was saying cheesy

Baba,

Abeg make everybody stop that jab abeg. Don't get me wrong, i am not saying he is not carrying, however, if he is carrying the ball, then every ball handler in the league is carrying the ball. No be the same John Wall i dey watch so? he is also carrying the ball, so does Harden, Curry, Rondo, Jamal Crawford, D. Wade, CP3 and most ball handlers in the league.

Problem is, players have been allowed to do this for soo long it has become a habit, it is not any different from travelling calls in the league.

Emmm, you watch Kobe na... how about A. Iverson (I am not questioning his greatness)?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:56am On May 03, 2017
50 points.. Show some respect!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:56am On May 03, 2017
Man how did Wall regress to this. He barely crosses half court at 16s left in the shot clock EVERY TIME. This guys body langiage is bad
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:59am On May 03, 2017
birdman:
Man how did Wall regress to this. He barely crosses half court at 16s left in the shot clock EVERY TIME. This guys body langiage is bad
Probably fatigue,
That three he shot was really stupid.

iT was huge all game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:01am On May 03, 2017
This one was for CHYNA..
Re: The NBA Begins by raumdeuter: 4:02am On May 03, 2017
Isaiah..................
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:03am On May 03, 2017
3 minutes to go in the fourth, i turned off the TV because i thought it was over. How did hell did these heathens lose?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:07am On May 03, 2017
Donlittle:
3 minutes to go in the fourth, i turned off the TV because i thought it was over. How did hell did these heathens lose?

Crazy as it sounds these guys dont want the intensity of the playoffs. Bout this time they usually are on summer vacay. Wizards are done......soft @ss *lord forgive me* ...like ultra soft charmin angry angry angry

Finally, utah a team with some passion

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (2260) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.