Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,626 members, 7,865,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1663945 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:10am On May 03, 2017
There is a reason I wanted Utah. The games will be strenuous but we would learn from it. But refs need to be careful with their whistles so early.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:24am On May 03, 2017
Draymond Green dey para. Reminds me so much of Pip
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:28am On May 03, 2017
Warriors shooting like 15% from 3 and still up 10
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:31am On May 03, 2017
My goodness. Draymond and durant subbing on the same team. And some cats were complaining when lbj said he needed help. Warriors are the most loaded team in the league.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:32am On May 03, 2017
This Warriors defense is just sucking life out of the Jazz.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:39am On May 03, 2017
A40:
This Warriors defense is just sucking life out of the Jazz.

Too much fire power for the Warriors, this series would be quick and clean for the Dubs..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:41am On May 03, 2017
Lmao see as Steph put Gobert for hoverboard for there

birdman:

I thought that too at first. But is Harden more dangerous at the 3pt or in the paint? Same with Gordon, Beverly, LouWilliams. All these guys get hot from 3, but they will damage you in the paint guaranteed.

Im going to guess Popovich stays stubborn and sticks to his philosophy of protecting the paint. Now, they will show and try to defend a little more at the 3, but they will not show hard and risk penetration in the paint. Harden is already an expert in this, no need to encourage those dribbles to the paint grin

If spurs go down, they will go down with their game plan.
Rockets will have to repeat this hot shooting 3 more times. And I believe this will be dantonis game plan. Run the system until spurs show you they can stop it
The lack of mobility from the Spurs bigs were an underrated issue. The Grizzlies exposed it. LMA, Gasol, Lee. Once they start slowly the Rockets can toggle through lineups and run you out of the gym. At a point D'Antoni was playing Ariza at PF
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 4:49am On May 03, 2017
Iggy too damn cold from 3. Should be hitting those. KD still shaking off the rust, Utah should be worried 2nd half.

Curry breaking ankles and giving me life while at it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:53am On May 03, 2017
You have to give Draymond DPOY. This guy does more than just guard his primary assignment. He actually cleans up the mess and covers for the lapses of his teammates

Roland17:

Too much fire power for the Warriors, this series would be quick and clean for the Dubs..
Basically eating off turnovers. They are still on Gear 1.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:02am On May 03, 2017
A40:

Your boy Crosby suffering a concussion may just be the break the Caps needs. Truthfully, i am surprised the league did not consider any retrospective punishment for Ovechkin, because i think he was culpable for a high stick which hit Crosby on the head, and also shoving him to the waiting knuckles of Niskanen.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:10am On May 03, 2017
birdman:
^Dont matter smoosh. Wizards are a lazy and weak willed team. If celtics push, they will give up the next 2 home games too. These guys are not mentally ready for a long playoffs run - they got out of the first round, so mission accomplished. They have already checked out.

Oh, and John Wall is lazy
The Celtics own their soul. That their outburst after the Warriors loss really fall my hand. They are sweet. And its a shame because John Wall was out of his mind. Lazy ke? What would we now say about his teammates? What Wall does is not easy oh. He has to score and create unlike Isaiah (not downplaying his epic feat)

I still think this is a 6 game series at least. The Wizards role players should play better at home.

Special mention to Isaiah. What he is doing is unheard of for a guy his size

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:18am On May 03, 2017
Roland17:

Your boy Crosby suffering a concussion may just be the break the Caps needs. Truthfully, i am surprised the league did not consider any retrospective punishment for Ovechkin, because i think he was culpable for a high stick which hit Crosby on the head, and also shoving him to the waiting knuckles of Niskanen.
Thunder fire those people. It was truly dirty play. It was Niskanen's knee actually on Crosby's head. The league always tries to portray hockey as some tough guy sport that's why we keep seeing these nonsenical plays.

I'm banking on Malkin, Bonino, Kessel and Hornqvist to step up
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:19am On May 03, 2017
When would Steph stop throwing these nonsense passes
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:40am On May 03, 2017
David West still nice with his passes in the paint
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:41am On May 03, 2017
I just realized isaiah is 5'9. I gotta drop much respect....ma nigga shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:43am On May 03, 2017
birdman:

I thought that too at first. But is Harden more dangerous at the 3pt or in the paint? Same with Gordon, Beverly, LouWilliams. All these guys get hot from 3, but they will damage you in the paint guaranteed.

Im going to guess Popovich stays stubborn and sticks to his philosophy of protecting the paint. Now, they will show and try to defend a little more at the 3, but they will not show hard and risk penetration in the paint. Harden is already an expert in this, no need to encourage those dribbles to the paint grin

If spurs go down, they will go down with their game plan.
Rockets will have to repeat this hot shooting 3 more times. And I believe this will be dantonis game plan. Run the system until spurs show you they can stop it
All very true, i couldn't agree less. Old habits die hard, ask Arsenal fans à la Wenger grin grin .

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:52am On May 03, 2017
A40:

Thunder fire those people. It was truly dirty play. It was Niskanen's knee actually on Crosby's head. The league always tries to portray hockey as some tough guy sport that's why we keep seeing these nonsenical plays.

I'm banking on Malkin, Bonino, Kessel and Hornqvist to step up

I am in support of that because i think its the toughness of the sport that makes it attractive, however, i have seen retrospective actions for similar hits, especially considering he was blindsided. Niskanen cross checked him to protect himself, and that was how the knees got Crosby's head, however, if u look closely you see his fist go through Crosby's head, which made it worse.

The NHL does not want to fall prey like the NFL, softening the game would lead to loss of followers and ratings like the NFL. Its a thin line, but that was a dirty play on Crosby. Don't forget Crosby has a history with concussions.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:54am On May 03, 2017
birdman:
I just realized isaiah is 5'9. I gotta drop much respect....ma nigga shocked

5'9 is wayyyy to generous. If u have watched him live, you would realize he is 5'4 at most, he is that small.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:13am On May 03, 2017
Warriors should do quick and wrap this tin up, can't wait for the Warriors - Rockets finals grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:19am On May 03, 2017
Roland17:

5'9 is wayyyy to generous. If u have watched him live, you would realize he is 5'4 at most, he is that small.
Baba why don't you just call him a basketball dwarf? cheesy grin
I kuku know say you wanna big up your small man. It's allowed, IT is phenomenal buh he should keep some tricks in the bag. They would come in handy vs LeBron's Cavs
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:30am On May 03, 2017
Easy for the warriors.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 6:32am On May 03, 2017
birdman:
My goodness. Draymond and durant subbing on the same team. And some cats were complaining when lbj said he needed help. Warriors are the most loaded team in the league.

I don't think they are. The system makes them better but look at the cavs team as well. Loaded if not better but warriors system of play makes them better and are better coached. My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:12am On May 03, 2017
Dont think the warriors can win a championship without Draymond....

D'antoni's system is similar to the warriors...Pop has successfully neutralized this system in the past...Just dont know if he will be able to presently...Dont want to write off the Spurs yet tho but LMA gotta step up.....

#THUNDERUP
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:15am On May 03, 2017
una suppose don see the highlight by now.
curry on gobert,too funnygrin
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 10:19am On May 03, 2017
Manutd19:

I don't think they are. The system makes them better but look at the cavs team as well. Loaded if not better but warriors system of play makes them better and are better coached. My opinion tho
how na?
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 11:16am On May 03, 2017
SIRcumalot:

how na?

LEBRON!!

That alone is enough problem for any team to deal with.
Kyrie/Steph
JR Smith/Klay
Love/Draymond
TT/Pachulia
THE BENCH.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:49am On May 03, 2017
SIRcumalot:
una suppose don see the highlight by now.
curry on gobert,too funnygrin

That was really really unfair on Gobert, I share similar sentiments as Charles Barkley, and i have been consistent with it. Why are coaches keeping Big players at the top of the key? Popovic, and Brooks did the same thing, i don't think disrupting the shooting of a guard is enough justification.

Theses big's are on uncharted territory when they are forced to protect the perimeter, especially the top of they 1v1. We saw that with LA, Gobert, Morris, Gortat. They all got roasted, with ankles almost breaking.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:50am On May 03, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Baba why don't you just call him a basketball dwarf? cheesy grin
I kuku know say you wanna big up your small man. It's allowed, IT is phenomenal buh he should keep some tricks in the bag. They would come in handy vs LeBron's Cavs

Lol grin grin

The Cavs are a totally different demon,and the Wizards series is far from over.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:02pm On May 03, 2017
Manutd19:

LEBRON!!

That alone is enough problem for any team to deal with.
Kyrie/Steph
JR Smith/Klay
Love/Draymond
TT/Pachulia
THE BENCH.

so no be only me they wish say KD no join this warriors team. grin grin.
it is alright mehn.

fork KD.cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:18pm On May 03, 2017
Roland17:

That was really really unfair on Gobert, I share similar sentiments as Charles Barkley, and i have been consistent with it. Why are coaches keeping Big players at the top of the key? Popovic, and Brooks did the same thing, i don't think disrupting the shooting of a guard is enough justification.

Theses big's are on uncharted territory when they are forced to protect the perimeter, especially the top of they 1v1. We saw that with LA, Gobert, Morris, Gortat. They all got roasted, with ankles almost breaking.
i think it is better than the alternative. which is almost always an easy three pointer.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 03, 2017
We no fit talk true because you love a player, OK continue.. I hope the Celtics will be impressive against the Cavs.. The Eastern Conference dey always tire person with LeBron just riding the wave peacefully.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 4:16pm On May 03, 2017
Only 2 teams have not played WCF since 2000: New Orleans and Clippers

Guess the common denominator guy there? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) ... (2260) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.