Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,339 members, 7,864,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1663194 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2017
SmooshCHN:
KDs mental toughness us just on court. That was embarrassing. He's really having issues embracing the Villain Status.
I follow him on social media. Why he feels the need to respond to every troll that attacks him I don't even understand. How can you have that much success and be remotely bothered about how you are perceived? Kobe need to follow am talk
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
A40:
I follow him on social media. Why he feels the need to respond to every troll that attacks him I don't even understand. How can you have that much success and be remotely bothered about how you are perceived? Kobe need to follow am talk

"Some of the new generation NBA stars should wear dresses"- Charles Oakley.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2017
If he dominates this year a lot of us would put him over Lebron (whose window is closing anyway)
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

"Some of the new generation NBA stars should wear dresses"- Charles Oakley.
Lol smh
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:54am On Sep 21, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Whats bugging him even more is he feels after winning the ring and finals MVP hed be rated ahead of lebron but he sees that because of his decision no one is doing that and now he feels the need to defend it. No coincidence this came right after every list ranks lebron ahead of him.
Where did you hear this from? He's not doing all those to be ranked ahead of LeBron so that's out. He's doing it because, he's trying to justify his "weak Move" which is hard for a nice guy like him. Not everyone can make that move and still keep things cool both on the inside and out like LeBron. He needs to clear his head and get off social media.
A40:
You earn over $50M a year and still feel you should reply common people.. Talk about being haunted by conscience.. He accepted this season role last season. Why he needed to justify after 1 ring is immature. At least he was honest and didn't claim he was hacked. He needs to meet LeBron to lecture him about things like this and delete that Twitter and IG before season starts. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:20am On Sep 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Where did you hear this from? He's not doing all those to be ranked ahead of LeBron so that's out. He's doing it because, he's trying to justify his "weak Move" which is hard for a nice guy like him. Not everyone can make that move and still keep things cool both on the inside and out like LeBron. He needs to clear his head and get off social media. You earn over $50M a year and still feel you should reply common people.. Talk about being haunted by conscience.. He accepted this season role last season. Why he needed to justify after 1 ring is immature. At least he was honest and didn't claim he was hacked. He needs to meet LeBron to lecture him about things like this and delete that Twitter and IG before season starts. grin

You really think Durant doesn't want to be thought of as the best player in the league? You really think he isnt tired of always being second place? Why the need to justify that move now of all times?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:44am On Sep 21, 2017
Durant struggles with emotional insecurity and is constantly seeking external validation as a form of acceptance for his choices. Individual or team success only increases the burden of this insecurity as he is forced to constantly explain (writings under his brand shoes, alternative twitter handles to monitor comments about him, tough guy during press conferences) his success even when he seems likable. I don't think this would be the last especially if he continues to be successful.

This weird behavior is definitely associated with a traumatic childhood experience, one that may have been highlighted by the deprivation of a necessity not necessarily food or shelter but maybe a relationship. This is more than just a basketball issue.

#mypersonalopinion
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:27pm On Sep 21, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

You really think Durant doesn't want to be thought of as the best player in the league? You really think he isnt tired of always being second place? Why the need to justify that move now of all times?
He proved himself against Bron in the finals. Whether he is better than LeBron can never be admitted by majority of fans as they still remember he left OKC while he was up 3-1. If he cared about leading or being first place he wouldn't even think of Warriors. He has been trying to validate himself a long time since his move only that he got caught now ad apologized for it.
Roland17, I'm sure he will stop. He was really embarrassed by his mess..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2017
SmooshCHN:
He proved himself against Bron in the finals. Whether he is better than LeBron can never be admitted by majority of fans as they still remember he left OKC while he was up 3-1. If he cared about leading or being first place he wouldn't even think of Warriors. He has been trying to validate himself a long time since his move only that he got caught now ad apologized for it.
Roland17, I'm sure he will stop. He was really embarrassed by his mess..

And i'm saying this is what bugs him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 2:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
Warriors will come the biggest winners of all this Durant's shit. I see him having a hell of a season trying to prove more with his basketball.
He should forget the idea he's better than LeBron though.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
Upcoming Rookie of the Year.

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
VivaLaByke:
Upcoming Rookie of the Year.
overrated
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 22, 2017
rotimi9:
overrated
Okay bro.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 22, 2017
Still kd

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:46pm On Sep 22, 2017
rotimi9:
Still kd
This is old abeg. He apologized and didn't claim his account was hacked.. And yes!! He spoke the truth about OKC tho.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
Eruditor:

Only Lebron will win a ring with GSW and he would do it playing his own way and not Kerr's. GSW will not win near 73 games in a regular season with Lebron. Draymond Green would not be the player that he is, playing with Lebron.

Read me clearly; take Curry off GSW last season and leave the rest of the team with KD (any of the PGs you mentioned above) and the rest of the roster against Cavs. Cavs win in 6 or 7.

Curry took 2 almost 3 games away from SAS in 2013/14 (their championship year) dropping 44 and 42 in 2 of the 6 games. A 51-win GSW team because of him if you remember (first year they truly handed their franchise to him). To put this feat in context, that same year, Lebron and his Miami Heatles lost 4-1 to the same Spurs. 4 of those losses were blow-outs!

I cringe to see the other names you mentioned there even as I wonder how many of them control the type of gravity SC does. How many free-way dunks did Iggy and KD have these playoffs simply because defenders would rather stop Curry from shooting a 3?

I said it before, Kawhi is a phenomenal robot but he simply does not do enough to add anything to GSW; The skill set he brings is not wanting in the team.

Green defends more positions than him. KD is a better offensive weapon. Curry has more gravity. Klay is more precise a spot-up shooter and Kawhi is not a center standing at 6'7. He does not pass the ball better than any of the starters bar Klay (and this is even debatable).

Put Curry on SAS as PG, and you would see how good a shooter 'long-arms' Green is. Put Curry on SAS and see Aldridge make 25ppg on 15spg. Heck, Spurs did very well against so many teams (Rockets) without Kawhi, KD went down and GSW started winning by greater margins and with more consistency. I fear to know the struggles KD would go through without Curry on this team.

For evidence, watch GSW VS OKC 2016 WCF. And just incase, you won't watch it, KD loses the ball far easily when he is doubled or tripled. GSW used that strategy in that SCs 46 point win against OKC at Chesapeake. We reverted to it in games 5, 6 and 7 against OKC in the comeback.

Without the gravity that Curry brings to the team, thus freeing KD, sure KD would get buckets (he is mega-skilled). But he would do it at far less efficiency and with a large margin of error.
most basketball fans and analysts ignore the importance of curry to the GSW team,the fact that he dictates the pace of GSW attack.KD is a great score no doubt, moreso, his towering height singles him out for dominance.I have been following Curry's career and there is 1 quality he has that i admire, patience.I think he handled KD's presence well by stepping back,it effected the team's dominance throughout their title run.People wondered how they would play together, 1 of the two had to give in to the other,cos they are accustomed to different plays, unfortunately people don't care about the intangibles, the creator of the atmosphere of excellence, they only care about the tangibles in this atmosphere,but due to his singular ability to surprise the basketball world while he is not under pressure, as he did in his MVP seasons,I have a feeling that he will dominate offensively this season(ahead of KD), and his stats will be generally impressive.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:06am On Sep 23, 2017
Lebron backing up K Love on twitter! Love it! I just love this new look cavs, the depth at every position! I'm super optimistic about this season! They wont know what hit them!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:33am On Sep 23, 2017
VomeSchakleton:
Lebron backing up K Love on twitter! Love it! I just love this new look cavs, the depth at every position! I'm super optimistic about this season! They wont know what hit them!

I hope you don't mean the Warriors because the Cavs are still very short against the Warriors.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 23, 2017
Roland17:

I hope you don't mean the Warriors because the Cavs are still very short against the Warriors.

Of course i do. Not on the same level, but i feel they are in a much better position than they were last season. Depth was the defining factor last playoffs IMO and this time the cavs have that, from jae crowder, derrick to dark horses like cedi osman, zizic and tavares. Kevin love looks like hes finally fitting in.

And dont forget, the cavs might still get wade, or melo or heck even Boogie.

A team like that plus a motivated lebron? I'll take any bet.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:27am On Sep 23, 2017
Golden State Warriors Roster

Starters:
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
Kevin Durant
Zaza Pachulia

Bench:
Shaun Livingston
Nick Young
Andre Iguodala
David West
Javale McGee

Reserve:
Patrick McCaw
Omri Caspi
Kevon Looney
Jordan Bell
Damian Jones

I don't think the Cavs are this close to this kind of depth..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Golden State Warriors Roster

Starters:
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Draymond Green
Kevin Durant
Zaza Pachulia

Bench:
Shaun Livingston
Nick Young
Andre Iguodala
David West
Javale McGee

Reserve:
Patrick McCaw
Omri Caspi
Kevon Looney
Jordan Bell
Damian Jones

I don't think the Cavs are this close to this kind of depth..

Cavs

Starters:
Isaiah Thomas
JR Smith
Lebron James
Kevin Love
Tristan Thompson

Bench:
Derrick Rose
Shumpert
Jae Crowder
Kyle Korver
Edy Tavares

Reserves:
Jose Calderon
Cedi Osman
Richard Jefferson
Jeff Green
Channing Frye
Ante Zizic

Then like i said, the possibility of melo or wade or boogie is not to be written off.

May not be as good as the warriors but its miles ahead of their depth last season. You rate some of these warriors because you know them but you'll underrate a lot of these cavs because you dont know them. People like Cedi Osman who recently lit up the EuroBasket Championship, good offensively and defensively, Edy Tavares who is a ginormous defensive powerhouse and had 6 blocks in his first game or Zizic who is part of a promising generation of balkan players. Jeff green was a good experienced addition too. Derrick Rose has been very impressive so far according to cavs sources and you already know what Jae Crowder can do. Like i said, i'm optimistic.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ersan:

Cavs

Starters:
Isaiah Thomas
JR Smith
Lebron James
Kevin Love
Tristan Thompson

Bench:
Derrick Rose
Shumpert
Jae Crowder
Kyle Korver
Edy Tavares

Reserves:
Jose Calderon
Cedi Osman
Richard Jefferson
Jeff Green
Channing Frye
Ante Zizic

Then like i said, the possibility of melo or wade or boogie is not to be written off.

May not be as good as the warriors but its miles ahead of their depth last season. You rate some of these warriors because you know them but you'll underrate a lot of these cavs because you dont know them. People like Cedi Osman who recently lit up the EuroBasket Championship, good offensively and defensively, Edy Tavares who is a ginormous defensive powerhouse and had 6 blocks in his first game or Zizic who is part of a promising generation of balkan players. Jeff green was a good experienced addition too. Derrick Rose has been very impressive so far according to cavs sources and you already know what Jae Crowder can do. Like i said, i'm optimistic.
Melo/Cousins would make things better for y'all but please don't tell me you think Shumpert and a First pick for Demarcus Cousins or Carmelo is possible. cheesy cheesy Anyways, I hope the Cavs get these guys so there'll be no excuses if they don't make 2nd round.

Wait!! Optimistic huh?? I'm just waiting for that part where Curry sits and Kerr asks Livingston to posts up your starting PG. grin

Optimistic grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Melo/Cousins would make things better for y'all but please don't tell me you think Shumpert and a First pick for Demarcus Cousins or Carmelo is possible. cheesy cheesy Anyways, I hope the Cavs get these guys so there'll be no excuses if they don't make 2nd round.

Wait!! Optimistic huh?? I'm just waiting for that part where Curry sits and Kerr asks Livingston to posts up your starting PG. grin

Optimistic grin

Cousins will become a free agent next year so the pick alone might be enough for him, no need to throw in shumpert. And why would the cavs give up a pick for want-away Melo? SMH!

I wonder when they blow a 3-1 lead this time who they'll start calling in the locker room to come save them, Kawhi? grin Bunch of soft as- bitxhes! grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
grin grin

With which salary cap?

SmooshCHN, grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
Eruditor:
grin grin

With which salary cap?

SmooshCHN, grin

The idea would be if they're getting boogie, they should get rid of TT. If they're getting Melo, or Wade, they should sign for the veteran min since they're ring chasing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
Camelo Anthony has expanded the list of the teams he wants to get traded to with okc being among the list.#why not

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
rotimi9:
Camelo Anthony has expanded the list of the teams he wants to get traded to with okc being among the list.#why not

wont mind a melo in my team...

#THUNDERUP
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
rotimi9:

This would be really really fvcking dope!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ersan:

This would be really really fvcking dope!!!
but do they stand a chance against the warriors

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
Ersan:

Cousins will become a free agent next year so the pick alone might be enough for him, no need to throw in shumpert. And why would the cavs give up a pick for want-away Melo? SMH!

I wonder when they blow a 3-1 lead this time who they'll start calling in the locker room to come save them, Kawhi? grin Bunch of soft as- bitxhes! grin
I can feel your pain behind the emoji. grin grin grin grin
Eruditor:
grin grin

With which salary cap?

SmooshCHN, grin
You dey answer am? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
rotimi9:
but do they stand a chance against the warriors

On paper they dont have the depth but at least now it'll be more of a battle.

KD vs PG

Curry vs Brodie

Melo vs Klay?

We are the true winners!

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (2260) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: birdman(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.