Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,147 members, 7,867,338 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:08 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1665232 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (2261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
birdman:

couldnt catch this game - was this just a fluke, or cavs really that much faster in just one game?
Rodney Hood and Clarkson shot at almost 80% while The Celts were 9/35 from the 3pt line.

The Cavs look energized though. JR doesn't look like a D-League player and these guys the Cavs added can play off the ball and not hog it like IT and Wade used to do. Still early days anyway
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 7:58pm On Feb 12, 2018
A40:
The Raptors have learned this and now have arguably the most dynamic bench in the league. CJ Miles has been a massive steal!!!

You know this...

Casey has turned that team around, having the right balance of offense and defense in the NBA. They are the team for me to come out of the East.

Whichever team comes out no be my business, I no just wan see Cavs/Warriors again
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
MitrikDenholm:
Did someone say...MVP? cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6686490_img20180212212727_jpeg76308412253c2e4c2695f39bc771b094

LeBron will surely be back in it. After all, he got what he wanted as the only alpha on the team. These players now, have submissive talents to give him the stats he needs.

Na the Ws matter, if he can rack enough; then his chance would be good. He should be tied with Curry for 2nd...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:00am On Feb 13, 2018
SmooshCHN1:
Kevin Wayne Durant is the best player on the Warriors and Wardell Stephen Curry is the most important player on the team.

Y'all can stop with the attention seeking now. We've seen you..
How is it that when one airs his or her opinion considering a topic or argument,you call it attention seeking? shocked

Cos as for me,i learn from these opinions...#Justsaying

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:07am On Feb 13, 2018
Roland17:
I like our activity under the rim.

A night about the truth and nothing but the truth!
Much respect to the 'TRUTH'

But there's been this argument that his career is over-hyped or getting more praise than it deserves..For e.g,Robert Parish saying Pierce is Celtic's best offensive player ever whereas most people including me will pick Bird as your best offensive player ever.

Who else but you to educate us more on 'THE TRUTH' i.e if his career is truly over-hyped or it(career) deserves all the praise and accolades its been getting recently?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:03am On Feb 13, 2018
aliondo:

How is it that when one airs his or her opinion considering a topic or argument,you call it attention seeking? shocked

Cos as for me,i learn from these opinions...#Justsaying
Lol.. Anyways, I called it attention seeking twice cos it seemed obvious. One when I said OKC had a 3 game losing streak and they'd be seeking to end that streak vs Warriors and person ask me what my issue is with OKC? Na notice me I call am sef. And I talk sorry. grin.

But on saying Warriors fan think Curry is better than KD, it's just too obvious. Has anyone ever said that nonsense? That's justepure seeking attention. Is there anything new to learn about KD being the better player?

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 13, 2018
SmooshCHN:
Lol.. Anyways, I called it attention seeking twice cos it seemed obvious. One when I said OKC had a 3 game losing streak and they'd be seeking to end that streak vs Warriors and person ask me what my issue is with OKC? Na notice me I call am sef. And I talk sorry. grin.

But on saying Warriors fan think Curry is better than KD, it's just too obvious. Has anyone ever said that nonsense? That's justepure seeking attention. Is there anything new to learn about KD being the better player?

Stay in yo lane you re.tarded brain dead mo.ron.

If you think it's attention seeking you can simply choose not to pay any mind can you not? Or is your ape intuition against restraint? Attention seeking? On this useless forum? Who's attention? Yours? You have lost your mind. Not that there was much of it to begin with.

"No one has ever said that". How about you just stay off commenting about me yeah? Foolish insecure im becile. Your sister is attention seeking. Fagg ot.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:02am On Feb 13, 2018
Lol Roland your Blackhawks are a crying disgrace
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:07am On Feb 13, 2018
aliondo:

But there's been this argument that his career is over-hyped or getting more praise than it deserves..For e.g,Robert Parish saying Pierce is Celtic's best offensive player ever whereas most people including me will pick Bird as your best offensive player ever.

Who else but you to educate us more on 'THE TRUTH' i.e if his career is truly over-hyped or it(career) deserves all the praise and accolades its been getting recently?
The truth is somewhere in the middle. I think he also played in terrible teams for a long time after Antoine Walker left and that hurt his legacy somewhat. Bird was definitely better than Pierce. Nobody was phucking with Prime Bird. Parish must have been using. He's no Kobe or Lebron but few guys could score like Pierce at that 2-3 position

He's definitely a top 5 SF of his era, and top 10 Swingman (SG/SF) PP was good

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:13am On Feb 13, 2018
aliondo:

Who else but you to educate us more on 'THE TRUTH' i.e if his career is truly over-hyped or it(career) deserves all the praise and accolades it is been getting recently?

It is beyond disrespectful to the game for anyone to even harbor such insidious perspective about the career of "The Truth". I can assure you that no great player who played the game and led a roster to a championship would ever muster such. The man was the definition of "Cluth", a player you could rely on when the chips were down and out. He redefined jump shooting especially inside the perimeter and even though he did not have the pace, he was very smart and perhaps the craftiest player while driving to the basket. That being said, Parish like other Celtic greats are entitled to their own opinion.

Bill Russel (11 titles, 5MVP's, 12 All-Star nomination, excellent defensive player), in my opinion, remains the best offensive player to wear the green. However, I would definitely rank L. Bird over "The Truth". The man played and won championships with a damaged back, he could barely stand straight during some games and that pushed him into retirement earlier than envisaged. These days, when I see him on the Pacers stand, I just smile and marvel because not too many knew what he did during an era basketball was taking a sharp curve.

#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 13, 2018
Roland17:

It is beyond disrespectful to the game for anyone to even harbor such insidious perspective about the career of "The Truth". I can assure you that no great player who played the game and led a roster to a championship would ever muster such. The man was the definition of "Cluth", a player you could rely on when the chips were down and out. He redefined jump shooting especially inside the perimeter and even though he did not have the pace, he was very smart and perhaps the craftiest player while driving to the basket. That being said, Parish like other Celtic greats are entitled to their own opinion.

Bill Russel (11 titles, 5MVP's, 12 All-Star nomination, excellent defensive player), in my opinion, remains the best offensive player to wear the green. However, I would definitely rank L. Bird over "The Truth". The man played and won championships with a damaged back, he could barely stand straight during some games and that pushed him into retirement earlier than envisaged. These days, when I see him on the Pacers stand, I just smile and marvel because not too many knew what he did during an era basketball was taking a sharp curve.

#greenrunsdeep

Bill Russell? Offensive? LOL. I'm glad you added opinion to that.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 13, 2018
Arghhhhhhhh.

Just received word regarding Lonzo's injury.

He's getting more and more closer to his return,about 3weeks remaining and he can't wait to start balling. cheesy cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:39am On Feb 13, 2018
Steve Kerr trying to get the guys mentally engaged. I like the move.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:48am On Feb 13, 2018
Lol.
Jazz must be dosing all their opponents with something...
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:27am On Feb 13, 2018
Decale:
Lol.

Jazz must be dosing all their opponents with something...
The answer to your question is in your question... grin cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:28am On Feb 13, 2018
Roland17:

#greenrunsdeep
Tnx bro...learnt a lot from your post...You know your basketball well.....
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:29am On Feb 13, 2018
A40:
The truth is somewhere in the middle. I think he also played in terrible teams for a long time after Antoine Walker left and that hurt his legacy somewhat. Bird was definitely better than Pierce. Nobody was phucking with Prime Bird. Parish must have been using. He's no Kobe or Lebron but few guys could score like Pierce at that 2-3 position

He's definitely a top 5 SF of his era, and top 10 Swingman (SG/SF) PP was good
Have to agree with this...you on point..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
Time to admit that Donovan Mitchell is a MVP candidate.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
Loool Donovan is definitely in the Rookie of the Year convo. Especially if he can lead the Jazz to the playoffs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:13am On Feb 14, 2018
Stephon Marbury has called it quits with basketball after 22 years. Sadly, he would be remembered for his off the court problems especially with his coaches and the media and not his talent. I am happy he found a safe place in China where he is revered.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:36am On Feb 14, 2018
The foul RW was tech'ed on and the one he was just given are both non-fouls. He is being marked well by George Hill but Russell's first complaint has forced the refs to dash him 2 FTs.

But..But GSW players complain too much.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:03am On Feb 14, 2018
This Rodney Hood sha..was wishing we would get him during the trade deadline.

Man looks like a great steal..

What is J.R smoking?? shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:06am On Feb 14, 2018
WestBRICK came with a truck of BRICKS today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:17am On Feb 14, 2018
Not too early at all. Cavs look rejuvenated. They are younger and have length themselves so they can easily shake off screens and cover the paint. If OKC plan to jump shoot their way into a W they have a long way to go. The team that enters the paint more will win this one.

Cavs look like they would come out of the east.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:34am On Feb 14, 2018
Curse you Steven Adams.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:54am On Feb 14, 2018
Not quick to conclude yet but definitely an upgrade...
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:24am On Feb 14, 2018
The way James Harden iced this game fam
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:24am On Feb 14, 2018
Larry Nance > TT.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 14, 2018
"60 wins countem.

Puts us in the one seed, and our team goes 12 men deep.

We are the Spurs of the East."
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:19am On Feb 14, 2018
A40:
Lol Roland your Blackhawks are a crying disgrace
The thing don tire me. Honestly, it's been frustrating watching them. Very inconsistent and you even know what to expect.
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:53am On Feb 14, 2018
MitrikDenholm:
"60 wins countem.
Puts us in the one seed, and our team goes 12 men deep.
We are the Spurs of the East."

You don start ooo
Make we no hear anything about "no help" when the losing streak starts...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 14, 2018
Decale:

You don start ooo

Make we no hear anything about "no help" when the losing streak starts...

What I don't want to hear is the east is weak after we sweep through it. Or the league rigged trades to make things easy for Lebron after we sweep the rockets.

(1) (2) (3) ... (769) (770) (771) (772) (773) (774) (775) ... (2261) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: etidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.