Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,515 members, 7,854,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:24 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1655848 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
EAST=Bosh,King James,paul george,dwayne wade,kyrie irving

WEST=K.durrant, blake griffin, dwight howard,james harden, chris paul
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
Babzilla:

MONTA ELLIS IS THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE NBA
THAT GUY SHOULD HAVE MADE SEVERAL ALL STAR TEAMS
SOME TIMES I WONDER WHAT WE FANS R WATCHING
Lool played on awful teams for starters. He also had shot selection issues to be honest, his FG percentage was poor last season. I had no doubt he would be an excellent addition to the Mavs because of
1) Better coaching
2) Playing with Nowitzki

I sorta saw him as JET's replacement someone who could generate his own offense and also a competent passer of the ball! Also he has been suprisingly tenacious on the defensive end though he's always had active hands and is a perennial top steals contender

Finally a legit team is beat 6-0 at home! Impressive so far. Suprised Carlisle didn't deploy a Hack-a-Dwight especially since he was making all those shots early

My boy Paul George did it again last night! Dude lit the Knickerbockers up. Boneheaded play from Shumpert but he still had to make those freethrows! Also D'd up on Melo in key stretches,once this boy works on his shot selection and gets enough muscle to bang in the post there would be problems

The Heat have started bullying ninjas again! Just handing out beatdowns
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Where are those ninjas telling me about Nets in the playoffs? Talk to me I'm listening! If they were in the West they would probably have zero hope at this point

joephemzyz: EAST=Bosh,King James,paul george,dwayne wade,kyrie irving

Lool Dwight is soft as phuck on the defensive end these days no way he should be starting ahead of Kevin Love. Anyway I still think its a tad too early for all-star teams
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
Shumpert's FT shooting is jus soo baaad!...haba...scored jus 3 of 17 this season
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
A-40:
Where are those ninjas telling me about Nets in the playoffs? Talk to me I'm listening! If they were in the West they would probably have zero hope at this point

Lool Dwight is soft as phuck on the defensive end these days no way he should be starting ahead of Kevin Love. Anyway I still think its a tad too early for all-star teams

Bro...Please don't tell me you have already made your list of teams that would make the playoff's at this stage of the season, the Nets would be awful all season, but they would also make the playoff's, so would the Knicks..even though I believe Melo is leaving the Knicks after this season....just as you alluded, it's the east, a conference where teams with loosing records make the playoff's.

It's relatively a new team and D. Williams should be thrown into the D-League if you ask me, but I know at some point during the season they would build a chemistry strong enough to get them into the playoff's..

Ummm, am I the only one here who has noticed the quality of play in the NBA this season has be abysmal and appalling to say the least? No team seems to be playing any form of defense!!! They just grab the ball, without any ball movement of rotation shoot, the opposing team picks the ball and does the same thing..
It's a shame this generation of players are not ready to improve other parts of their game as everyone wants to become a jump shooter, I fear the Center position would soon become a thing of the past if the pace of the game does not slow down...

As for my Celtics.. Hmmm ... Na Sidon look oooooo
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Roland17:

Bro...Please don't tell me you have already made your list of teams that would make the playoff's at this stage of the season, the Nets would be awful all season, but they would also make the playoff's, so would the Knicks..even though I believe Melo is leaving the Knicks after this season....just as you alluded, it's the east, a conference where teams with loosing records make the playoff's.
It's relatively a new team and D. Williams should be thrown into the D-League if you ask me, but I know at some point during the season they would build a chemistry strong enough to get them into the playoff's..

The Nets would not do shyte come playoff time and that is even if they make it there! That team is too phucking old! All the chemistry in the world cannot remedy that

Its not about it being a new team its about guys not playing up to their abilities. Deron Williams used to be in the discussion for top 3 PG's in the league. Iso-Joe used to be an all-star now ninja is averaging 13pts per game! KG,JET,Pierce are a combined 109 years old with over 50yrs in the league that's a lot!

Guys like the Pistons and Cavaliers have been letdowns so far that's why I can't fully go all out and totally write off the Nets but there's an 85% chance they won't make it

The Knicks can make it once Chandler gets back and Melo and JR keep connecting

Roland17:

Ummm, am I the only one here who has noticed the quality of play in the NBA this season has be abysmal and appalling to say the least? No team seems to be playing any form of defense!!! They just grab the ball, without any ball movement of rotation shoot, the opposing team picks the ball and does the same thing..
It's a shame this generation of players are not ready to improve other parts of their game as everyone wants to become a jump shooter, I fear the Center position would soon become a thing of the past if the pace of the game does not slow down...
Everybody following the Heat template man! They have shown you don't need a traditional center to win titles! The last two Finals we saw teams with traditional centers on the losing side! They don't add enough to today's game to be the core focus as they are usually liabilities on offense and fastbreak points and all that has rendered most of them redundant! Look at the much vaunted Dwight and Omer Asik partnership its been a disaster! Even with just Dwight the Rockets are still bleeding points
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Roland17:

The Nets would not do shyte come playoff time and that is even if they make it there! That team is too phucking old! All the chemistry in the world cannot remedy that

Its not about it being a new team its about guys not playing up to their abilities. Deron Williams used to be in the discussion for top 3 PG's in the league. Iso-Joe used to be an all-star now ninja is averaging 13pts per game! KG,JET,Pierce are a combined 109 years old with over 50yrs in the league that's a lot!

Guys like the Pistons and Cavaliers have been letdowns so far that's why I can't fully go all out and totally write off the Nets but there's an 85% chance they won't make it

Roland17:

Everybody following the Heat template man! They have shown you don't need a traditional center to win titles! The last two Finals we saw teams with traditional centers on the losing side! They don't add enough to today's game to be the core focus as they are usually liabilities on offense and fastbreak points and all that has rendered most of them redundant! Look at the much vaunted Dwight and Omer Asik partnership its been a disaster! Even with just Dwight the Rockets are still bleeding points
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
Roland17:

Roland17:

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
Roland17:

Roland17:

Re: The NBA Begins by DigitalSportz: 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sports on the Go @ www.digitalsportz.tv Get the recent Sports news as they happen (Football,Rugby,NFL,NBA,Cricket,Boxing,Tennis,F1 and so on. like us on www.facebook.com/digitalsportz Follow us on Twitter @digitalsportz Circle us on Google+ Subcribe to our youtube channel: digital sportz tv Please kindly share with your friends. Thanks

Like our page https://www.facebook.com/digitalsportz to get the recent Sports news as they happen in Football (EPL,Laliga,UEFA,FA CUP,EUROPA LEAGUE)Rugby,NFL,NBA,Cricket,Boxing,Tennis,F1 and so on.

WWW.DIGITALSPORTZ.TV
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2013

URE DEFINITELY A HEAT FAN
I WOULD LIKE TO C SOME NEW BLOOD IN THIS ALL STAR
IF I WANT TO WATCH BOSH AND WADE PLAY TOGETHER ID WATCH
MIAMI'S GAMES

I SELECTED A MORE INTERESTING FRONTCOURT FOR THE WEST WITH KEVIND DURANT BLAKE GRIFFIN AND
LEMARCUS ALDRIDGE HOLDING IT DOWN
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 21, 2013
A-40:

Lool played on awful teams for starters. He also had shot selection issues to be honest, his FG percentage was poor last season. I had no doubt he would be an excellent addition to the Mavs because of
1) Better coaching
2) Playing with Nowitzki

I sorta saw him as JET's replacement someone who could generate his own offense and also a competent passer of the ball! Also he has been suprisingly tenacious on the defensive end though he's always had active hands and is a perennial top steals contender

Finally a legit team is beat 6-0 at home! Impressive so far. Suprised Carlisle didn't deploy a Hack-a-Dwight especially since he was making all those shots early

My boy Paul George did it again last night! Dude lit the Knickerbockers up. Boneheaded play from Shumpert but he still had to make those freethrows! Also D'd up on Melo in key stretches,once this boy works on his shot selection and gets enough muscle to bang in the post there would be problems

The Heat have started bullying ninjas again! Just handing out beatdowns
THE KNICKS ARE A JOKE
CANT 4GET WHEN THEY BROUGHT MELO
MADE IT LOOK LIKE THE 2ND COMING OF CHRIST
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
A-40:

WE ALL KNOW THE HEAT WON BECAUSE OF LEBRON JAMES
IN FACT THEY WON THE LAST TIME BECAUSE THE SPURS JUST PISSED THEIR CHANCES AWAY
DIDNT CAPITALIZE ON THE OPPORTUNITIES THATWERE THERE
LIKE THEY JUST REFUSED TO PLAY
IN THE WORDS OF PHIL JACKSON 'DEFENSE +REBOUNDS =CHAMPIONSHIPS'
WE ALL KNOW THAT DEFENSE REMAINS KEY TO MAKING A WINNING TEAM
DWIGHT'S STRENGTH'S HAS ALWAYS BEEN THAT. HE IS OK ON THE OFFENSE
BUT OVERALL I THINK THE ROCKETS NEED TIME TO JELL
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
A-40:

The Knicks can make it once Chandler gets back and Melo and JR

I WOMT BE QUICK 2 WRITE OFF THE NETS
I THINK THEY HAVE A DECENT TEAM
WITH SOME STRONG MEN AT THE FRONT COURT
ITS THE COACH THATS THE ISSUE HERE
ADERON WILLIAMS
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
A-40:

The Knicks can make it once Chandler gets back and Melo and JR

I WONT BE QUICK 2 WRITE OFF THE NETS
AND DERON WILLIAMS ........
GET A VETERAN COACH AND WATCH THESE NETS KICK A$$
AS 4 THE KNICKS,DONT HOLD UR BREATH MAN THEY REALLY
REALLY REALLY SUCK. I DONT CARE WHO COMES BACK
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Babzilla:

WE ALL KNOW THE HEAT WON BECAUSE OF LEBRON JAMES
IN FACT THEY WON THE LAST TIME BECAUSE THE SPURS JUST PISSED THEIR CHANCES AWAY
DIDNT CAPITALIZE ON THE OPPORTUNITIES THATWERE THERE
LIKE THEY JUST REFUSED TO PLAY
IN THE WORDS OF PHIL JACKSON 'DEFENSE +REBOUNDS =CHAMPIONSHIPS'
WE ALL KNOW THAT DEFENSE REMAINS KEY TO MAKING A WINNING TEAM
DWIGHT'S STRENGTH'S HAS ALWAYS BEEN THAT. HE IS OK ON THE OFFENSE
BUT OVERALL I THINK THE ROCKETS NEED TIME TO JELL
Lol the Spurs just pissed away that title yo! Shoulda ended it in Game 6 like the Mavs did

Dwight has not been of much help on defense that's the problem! He's made zero impact

Babzilla:
THE KNICKS ARE A JOKE
CANT 4GET WHEN THEY BROUGHT MELO
MADE IT LOOK LIKE THE 2ND COMING OF CHRIST
Even Amare claimed the Knicks were back when they signed him! Smh! He has been a massive bust

Babzilla:

URE DEFINITELY A HEAT FAN
I WOULD LIKE TO C SOME NEW BLOOD IN THIS ALL STAR
IF I WANT TO WATCH BOSH AND WADE PLAY TOGETHER ID WATCH
MIAMI'S GAMES

I SELECTED A MORE INTERESTING FRONTCOURT FOR THE WEST WITH KEVIND DURANT BLAKE GRIFFIN AND
LEMARCUS ALDRIDGE HOLDING IT DOWN
Playing in a small market sucks! Lamarcus Aldridge is actually having a better season than Blake Griff so far and the Blazers are 10-2!! Soft schedule but its still remarkable numbers. Damian Lillard is also continuing where he left off last season
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:34am On Nov 22, 2013
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1860060-dallas-mavericks-have-found-something-with-dirk-nowitzki-and-monta-ellis

Babzilla:

I WONT BE QUICK 2 WRITE OFF THE NETS
AND DERON WILLIAMS ........
GET A VETERAN COACH AND WATCH THESE NETS KICK A$$
AS 4 THE KNICKS,DONT HOLD UR BREATH MAN THEY REALLY
REALLY REALLY SUCK. I DONT CARE WHO COMES BACK
The Nets would show flashes but their collective age would tell over 80sumn odd games. Garnett is a warrior but this is his 19th year in the league at some point father time would be a factor! Brook Lopez is velvet soft as well
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:38am On Nov 22, 2013
A-40:
Even Amare claimed the Knicks were back when they signed him! Smh! He has been a massive bust

Injury is his Achilles heel and has been the past couple of seasons.
I remember his first season in Knicks, he and Carmelo literally carried Knicks to the playoffs, him especially

Now he's just a bench warmer averaging some 15mins a game
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:52am On Nov 22, 2013
Tonight=LAC vs OKC
CHI vs DENVER
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 6:11am On Nov 22, 2013

mine should look like this:

Starters

EAST : Kyrie Irving,Bradley Beal,Lebron James,Paul George and Roy Hibbert

WEST : Chris Paul,James Harden,Kevin Durrant,Kevin Love and Dwight Howard

West to win as usual

cool
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 22, 2013
joeydozzy:

I remember his first season in Knicks, he and Carmelo literally carried Knicks to the playoffs, him especially

INJURY AND THE FACT THAT HE CANT PLAY D
I MEAN WITH THAT SIZE AND STRENGTH U CANT PLAY D
ITS ALMOST LIKE THE GUY IS ALLERGIC TO PLAYING DEFENSE
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2013
All-star so far

East: Kyrie Irving,Lance Stephenson,Paul George,Lebron James,Roy Hibbert

West: Tony Parker,Monta Ellis,Kevin Durant,Lamarcus Aldridge,Blake Griffin

Babzilla:

INJURY AND THE FACT THAT HE CANT PLAY D
I MEAN WITH THAT SIZE AND STRENGTH U CANT PLAY D
ITS ALMOST LIKE THE GUY IS ALLERGIC TO PLAYING DEFENSE
Just like Boozer! Its a disgrace players their size and experience can't play D

joeydozzy:

Carried? He and the Knicks weren't pulling shyte till Melo came and they still got swept!

The Atlantic division is a weeping disgrace it must be said
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
A-40:
Carried? He and the Knicks weren't pulling shyte till Melo came and they still got swept!

Na the same thing we dey talk

He had Stoudemire when a playoff ticket wasn't possible.
Now he's got nobody and if he plans to get a ring, it's definitely not going to be Knicks
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
joeydozzy:

Na the same thing we dey talk

He had Stoudemire when a playoff ticket wasn't possible.
Now he's got nobody and if he plans to get a ring, it's definitely not going to be Knicks

THAT GUY IS A DISEASE
I KNOW MANY A DENVER FAN WHO WERE HAPPY 2 C HIM GO
AND A GOOD NUMBER MORE WHO THINK THEY ARE BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM
ID SUGGEST HE JOINS THE MIAMI BANDWAGONERS IF HE HOPES 2 GET A RING
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
A-40:
All-star so far

East: Kyrie Irving,Lance Stephenson,Paul George,Lebron James,Roy Hibbert

West: Tony Parker,Monta Ellis,Kevin Durant,Lamarcus Aldridge,Blake Griffin
AT LEAST WE CAN ALL AGREE ON 1 THING
EAST : PAUL GEORGE, ROY HIBBERT AND LEBRON JAMES
WEST: KEVIN DURANT, LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE AND BLAKE GRIFFIN
ID REALLY LIKE TO C DEMARCUS COUSINS START
THAT GUYS IS A BEAST
OTHERS ID LIKE TO C PLAY ARE DAVID LEE, KLAY THOMPSON ANTHONY DAVIS IN THE WEST
IN THE EAST ID LIKE TO SEE JEFF GREEN RUDY GAY AND BRANDON JOSH SMITH PLAY
WHY DONT I SEE NOBODY ROOTING 4 OLADIPO
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
What about Monta Ellis, nobody is rooting for him
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:39am On Nov 23, 2013
Babzilla:
AT LEAST WE CAN ALL AGREE ON 1 THING
EAST : PAUL GEORGE, ROY HIBBERT AND LEBRON JAMES
WEST: KEVIN DURANT, LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE AND BLAKE GRIFFIN
ID REALLY LIKE TO C DEMARCUS COUSINS START
THAT GUYS IS A BEAST
OTHERS ID LIKE TO C PLAY ARE DAVID LEE, KLAY THOMPSON ANTHONY DAVIS IN THE WEST
IN THE EAST ID LIKE TO SEE JEFF GREEN RUDY GAY AND BRANDON JOSH SMITH PLAY
WHY DONT I SEE NOBODY ROOTING 4 OLADIPO
Loool Rudy Gay??

Donlittle: What about Monta Ellis, nobody is rooting for him
Monta is on my list! Best 2 guard in the West so far I don't care what anyone else thinks

Spare a thought for Derrick Rose looks like he's shredded his ACL again
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 2:42pm On Nov 23, 2013
A-40:

Loool Rudy Gay??

Monta is on my list! Best 2 guard in the West so far I don't care what anyone else thinks

Dude has injured his right knee.....so sad..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
This is not looking good one bit.. I knew something was up cos it was a non contact injury...sooo sad...

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
A-40:

Loool Rudy Gay??

So glad monta ellis is finally getting some recognition, Started watching him at bucks and i thought he had something, so glad cuban picked him up, hopefully we get DEVIN harris back quick, will be good on the defensive end, better than Jose. And on derrick rose,i feel sorry for him, so sad though, hope his talent doesnt go to waste because of Injury.
The question now is are the bulls gonna tank and get jabari parker / Andrew wiggins during the draft? undecided because they cant rely on D.rose
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:14pm On Nov 23, 2013
Donlittle: So glad monta ellis is finally getting some recognition, Started watching him at bucks and i thought he had something, so glad cuban picked him up, hopefully we get DEVIN harris back quick, will be good on the defensive end, better than Jose. And on derrick rose,i feel sorry for him, so sad though, hope his talent doesnt go to waste because of Injury.
The question now is are the bulls gonna tank and get jabari parker / Andrew wiggins during the draft? undecided because they cant rely on D.rose
The team is very good offensively the only issue is on defense. This team can go very far if they improve on the defensive end

Rose would probably never be the same again. He relies too much on his athleticism for his knees not to be in top shape! The fear factor is also there due to previous injuries so that's also a problem. He's been awful this season to be honest 35percent shooting 4 assists 3 turnovers

The East is too weak they can't possibly do a professional job of tanking in such a weak conference were you have a division with all the teams under .500
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:18pm On Nov 23, 2013
SoRry for rose....luv dat guyz style ......its a pity bulls didn't retain nate robinson...#Mr.excitement

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (2248) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.