Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,880 members, 7,862,973 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:59 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1661702 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (2257) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
A-40:

The Nets are too old! Too many egos on that team!

Deron Williams has regressed his days of being top 3 PG in the league long gone.

Iso-Joe is still Iso-Joe and he is regressing too

Pierce and KG are like one million years old

Brook Lopez the only bright spot

Good to see Kevin Love back! Looks like he's taken Dirk's spot as the best shooting 4 in the league and is back to reclaim his spot as the best rebounder in the league! Let's see how it goes but so far Paul George has been the best in the East and Love the best in the West
lmao @ "too old" true that though but the experience will always work in favor of them cause they just still look like the spurs trio veterans(parker,ginobili and duncan)

Time will tell,hopefully they find the rhythm cause on paper their roster isn't looking too bad
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
A-40:

If Rondo comes back who knows? 7th or 8th seed is feasible

@kliq
Steve Nash is done BTW! Too bad nobody would want to take him off your hands
Steve is not just doing it right,truly it feels like he's done for good...@ the point guard position I guess players like stve blake,jodie meeks or even wesley johnson(SG) fits in well...we jus need a consistent shooter(where we missing kb)
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
kliq: Steve is not just doing it right,truly it feels like he's done for good...@ the point guard position I guess players like stve blake,jodie meeks or even wesley johnson(SG) fits in well...we jus need a consistent shooter(where we missing kb)
That ninja turns 40 next year! Unless he magically discovers the magic fountain of youth he is pretty much done. He's always been a liability on defense now he's looking like a liability on offense too

I hope Kobe comes back soon enough and tries to fit in with the team and not the other way round! I know he's chasing MJ's record but there's plenty time to beat it

kliq: lmao @ "too old" true that though but the experience will always work in favor of them cause they just still look like the spurs trio veterans(parker,ginobili and duncan)

Time will tell,hopefully they find the rhythm cause on paper their roster isn't looking too bad
Chemistry >>>> Talent,Experience

Spurs have Chemistry the Heat have youth the Nets well they have age and chemistry is also an issue. You just fear that any athletic team they face would run them out of the building
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 3:13am On Nov 11, 2013
A-40:

That ninja turns 40 next year! Unless he magically discovers the magic fountain of youth he is pretty much done. He's always been a liability on defense now he's looking like a liability on offense too

I hope Kobe comes back soon enough and tries to fit in with the team and not the other way round! I know he's chasing MJ's record but there's plenty time to beat it

Chemistry >>>> Talent,Experience

Spurs have Chemistry the Heat have youth the Nets well they have age and chemistry is also an issue. You just fear that any athletic team they face would run them out of the building
. "Chemistry" I agree with you but then the nets can still build that...they need more games together to get there.

For uncle Nash 40 is no joke o!
He has never really been good @ the defensive end of the floor and he doesn't even take enough shots,gasol remains that soft big man. If by the time kobe comes back,will he regain that same form? I just feel lakers need to start a re-building process.

Lastly,the coach might not be doing something right.

It is well

Laker Nation still
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:10am On Nov 12, 2013
Constant rotation, Ball movement, pressure defense in a high octane offense seem to be Brad Stevens philosophy, I have watched all seven games and I think we are heading in the right direction with our new style of play considering the players at our disposal..

I am glad Stevens did not bulge into playing Bradley as point guard, Jordan Crawford has done a magnificent job in his make shift PG position, he has been very disciplined with the ball, keeping it very simple by passing the ball and finding the open man as a result of the constant rotation and movement, I also believe this would fit rondo's style whenever he comes back.

The turn overs have also reduced, my only problem is our defense inside the paint, as opponents have made more than 85 points, I hope we can fix this, I am impressed with this team and the maturity of Jeff Green, he understands this is a new chapter and in this chapter he is more than just a role player...

4 wins in a row.. Celtic Pride..

Oladipo is a very huge prospect in the NBA, i watched him tonight again, I just hope Jacque Vaugh, head coach of the Orlando Magic does not distort his growth with his plan of using Oladipo as a sub PG to Nelson, Oladipo is not a PG, he is a shooting guard, the responsibility of handling the ball and moving the ball is not something he is accustomed to and I think it's way to early to expose him to such position especially if he not one, I understand it would make him a better guard but not in his rookie season, maybe during his sophomore season or third season.
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:57am On Nov 12, 2013
Pacers (8-0) cool

Jazz 0-8 undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:54am On Nov 14, 2013
kliq: Pacers (8-0) cool

Jazz 0-8 undecided

Pacers are peaking too early.
Re: The NBA Begins by dayokanu(m): 7:24am On Nov 14, 2013
OKC managed to lose this game vs Clippers

These boys are not ready to win the ring

I really feel for Durant, A player who IMO is only behind Queen GAYbron James in the whole NBA
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2013
birdman:

Pacers are peaking too early.
Loool peaking ke? They've not scored 100pts this year and have had to come from behind for most of their wins

dayokanu: OKC managed to lose this game vs Clippers

These boys are not ready to win the ring

I really feel for Durant, A player who IMO is only behind Queen GAYbron James in the whole NBA
Their decision to choose Ibaka over James Harden was a massive mistake! I'm sure they realized that when Westbrook went down
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2013
A-40:

Loool peaking ke? They've not scored 100pts this year and have had to come from behind for most of their wins

Their decision to choose Ibaka over James Harden was a massive mistake! I'm sure they realized that when Westbrook went down

Ibaka plays well defensively hence he's more effective than Harden in the team as wesbrook and Durant do the scoring.
Meanwhile Utah ended their 8 game losing streak with a defeat against the Pelicans.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
A-40:

what does points have to do with peaking
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
birdman:

Shows they are a balanced team both offensively and defensively,they are averaging just 94.9pts per game which ranks 21st on the list of total average PPG for each team stats.
The point is they top the league with 94.9pts PPG because they concede fewer PPG(good defense)
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
birdman:

You seem to be carried away by the 8-0 record and not the circumstances surrounding the wins.

They've won about half of those games without their starting PG

Came from deficits on some of these games

Inconsistent bench play

Granger is still out

And yeah not scoring up to a 100pts in 8 games is enough reason to assume they are yet to peak

kliq:

Ibaka plays well defensively hence he's more effective than Harden in the team as wesbrook and Durant do the scoring.
Meanwhile Utah ended their 8 game losing streak with a defeat against the Pelicans.
Ibaka is a great shotblocker but is he a great defender I strongly doubt that

I still think Harden was picked as the fall guy from the 2012 NBA Finals! Which is quite rich cos Ibaka was even poorer and had no answer for Bosh or Lebron all series long. I'm not quite sure OKC woulda survived guys like the Spurs without Harden who can score and also dish the rock
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:56am On Nov 15, 2013
A-40:

You seem to be carried away by the 8-0 record and not the circumstances surrounding the wins.

They've won about half of those games without their starting PG

Came from deficits on some of these games

Inconsistent bench play

Granger is still out

And yeah not scoring up to a 100pts in 8 games is enough reason to assume they are yet to peak

Granger may even be a hindrance at this point . I think he is valuable, but I get the vibe the coaching staff feel they can do without him. I think the <100ppg is a matter of style not firepower

kliq: Shows they are a balanced team both offensively and defensively,they are averaging just 94.9pts per game which ranks 21st on the list of total average PPG for each team stats.
The point is they top the league with 94.9pts PPG because they concede fewer PPG(good defense)

But can they keep this pace up all season? I doubt it. You actually want to have a good but not perfect record before the all star break so you can work out weaknesses. Long winning streaks are notorious for hiding glaring issues. Those issues get will exposed big time come playoffs.

Anyways the season is still really young - im sure the streak will end before 15
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 15, 2013
Lmao, how many people just laugh their assess off when dwight wants to post up? like dude just push the bleeps out of those players, so funny, strong arms lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:16am On Nov 15, 2013
Screams in Shaq's voice..BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN!!!

Don't get carried away by the performances of the Pacers, as much as people love to join bandwagons I am not buying just yet...

Honestly it would be a big shame, yet of no surprise to me if the Pacers after a successful regular season loose in the first or second round to the bulls, nets or even the Celtics.....form, injury, balance and chemistry are inevitable factors.. Their best player in George is very much guard able in the east especially by the heats and the bulls if they are able to work their chemistry and keep Rose healthy...

And if anyone thinks the pacers can win anything without Granger accepting his role on the bench which is very very important then you must be joking.

I already mentioned it would be a big shame and indictment on the league if the heats make the finals for the fourth time consecutively and win It all for the third time consecutively..... Although questionable officiating has been a part of the heats story in the past four season, I expect someone to kick them out this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2013
Roland17: Screams in Shaq's voice..BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN!!!

Don't get carried away by the performances of the Pacers, as much as people love to join bandwagons I am not buying just yet...
The last two seasons show they are a team on the rise

Roland17:
Honestly it would be a big shame, yet of no surprise to me if the Pacers after a successful regular season loose in the first or second round to the bulls, nets or even the Celtics.....form, injury, balance and chemistry are inevitable factors.. Their best player in George is very much guard able in the east especially by the heats and the bulls if they are able to work their chemistry and keep Rose healthy...
That Pacers team is very well coached! They have age on their side and Paul George is playing for a max deal! He would die on that court every night just to get that contract and benefit from the "Derrick Rose" rule

Nets loool Celtics bigger looooool Indy would beat those guys to a vegetative state

Paul George is not guardable infact he's like Lebron he's just not fully aware of his offensive abilities yet. He's only 23 and still growing! Defensively he's already elite

Injuries would definitely play a role but I like this Pacers team they have the depth and the star player to fight the Heat to a stand still! The Bulls can't do that not even with a healthy Rose and homecourt advantage

Roland17:
And if anyone thinks the pacers can win anything without Granger accepting his role on the bench which is very very important then you must be joking.

I already mentioned it would be a big shame and indictment on the league if the heats make the finals for the fourth time consecutively and win It all for the third time consecutively..... Although questionable officiating has been a part of the heats story in the past four season, I expect someone to kick them out this year.
I think even Granger knows his days as a starter are long gone its stopped being his team a long time ago

If you want an end to the Heat reign you better support the Pacers with renewed vigor. The Nets are too old the Bulls don't have "it" to beat the Heat 4 times and the rest of the East would be fortunate to take more than 1 game in a seven game series

birdman:
Granger may even be a hindrance at this point . I think he is valuable, but I get the vibe the coaching staff feel they can do without him. I think the <100ppg is a matter of style not firepower

But can they keep this pace up all season? I doubt it. You actually want to have a good but not perfect record before the all star break so you can work out weaknesses. Long winning streaks are notorious for hiding glaring issues. Those issues get will exposed big time come playoffs.

Anyways the season is still really young - im sure the streak will end before 15
They are still going to need someone to put in the points from the wing when Paul George has a bad night! I think Granger knows he is pretty much not a starter anymore judging by the growth of Lance Stephenson but he is approaching free agency and at 30 would find it hard to corral a good contract if he doesn't perform

It is a matter of firepower when you go 8 straight games without 100pts and the point guard missing time is a factor! They are leaning heavily on their D what with Roy Hibbert blocking like 4 shots per game. You claim the Pacers are peaking too early I'm telling you they have not peaked at all! Even with the wins the flaws are glaring so its rather confusing to hear you go on about their weaknesses yet claim they have peaked

Every team would go through slumps at any point in time! I'm sure their goal is to finish with the best record in the East and not go 82-0
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2013
birdman:

Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2013
A-40:

That Pacers team is very well coached! They have age on their side and Paul George is playing for a max deal! He would die on that court every night just to get that contract and benefit from the "Derrick Rose" rule

Nets loool Celtics bigger looooool Indy would beat those guys to a vegetative state

Paul George is not guardable infact he's like Lebron he's just not fully aware of his offensive abilities yet. He's only 23 and still growing! Defensively he's already elite

Injuries would definitely play a role but I like this Pacers team they have the depth and the star player to fight the Heat to a stand still! The Bulls can't do that not even with a healthy Rose and homecourt advantage

I think even Granger knows his days as a starter are long gone its stopped being his team a long time ago

If you want an end to the Heat reign you better support the Pacers with renewed vigor. The Nets are too old the Bulls don't have "it" to beat the Heat 4 times and the rest of the East would be fortunate to take more than 1 game in a seven game series

They are still going to need someone to put in the points from the wing when Paul George has a bad night! I think Granger knows he is pretty much not a starter anymore judging by the growth of Lance Stephenson but he is approaching free agency and at 30 would find it hard to corral a good contract if he doesn't perform

It is a matter of firepower when you go 8 straight games without 100pts and the point guard missing time is a factor! They are leaning heavily on their D what with Roy Hibbert blocking like 4 shots per game. You claim the Pacers are peaking too early I'm telling you they have not peaked at all! Even with the wins the flaws are glaring so its rather confusing to hear you go on about their weaknesses yet claim they have peaked

Every team would go through slumps at any point in time! I'm sure their goal is to finish with the best record in the East and not go 82-0
They made it 9-0,the 1st team with a 9-0 start since the 02/03 season hopefully they extend the streak against the bulls on saturday...apart from the streak they are playing so well especially on the defense with roy hibbert coming up with so many block shots and rebounds.

My lakers: angry
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 11:37am On Nov 16, 2013
A-40:

They made it 9-0,the 1st team with a 9-0 start since the 02/03 season hopefully they extend the streak against the bulls on saturday...apart from the streak they are playing so well especially on the defense with roy hibbert coming up with so many block shots and rebounds.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
kliq: They made it 9-0,the 1st team with a 9-0 start since the 02/03 season hopefully they extend the streak against the bulls on saturday...apart from the streak they are playing so well especially on the defense with roy hibbert coming up with so many block shots and rebounds.

Hibbert is a beast man! 8 blocks! If he keeps working on his offense that Indy team would be trouble. Seems to be slowly playing up to his huge deal

As for the Lakers well 7th or 8th seed would be a success in itself

Just couldn't overpower the Heat. Smh! Not sure we've beaten them since the NBA Finals
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
A-40:

Hibbert is a beast man! 8 blocks! If he keeps working on his offense that Indy team would be trouble. Seems to be slowly playing up to his huge deal

As for the Lakers well 7th or 8th seed would be a success in itself

[b]Just couldn't overpower the Heat. Smh! Not sure we've beaten them since the NBA Fin[/b]als
Talking about dallas? we could have today, if we didnt turn the ball over 18 times, just had to quit after one minute to go, was painful, so many turnovers, it was ridiculous
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
Something needs to be done about our poor road form tho! Also those turnovers! Calderon is not doing his job effectively enough either that or the offense is just being badly run
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Watching Dirk is always a delight...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:13am On Nov 17, 2013
See how the Pacers lost? Thats what I meant by win streaks hiding your bad habits. When a good team that means you finally gets to you, you lose bad. Pacers didnt look like an unbeaten team tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:36am On Nov 17, 2013
#team chi-city...........I hope this marks the begining of sumtin good 4 d'rose and d bulls
Re: The NBA Begins by kliq(m): 10:56am On Nov 17, 2013
birdman: See how the Pacers lost? Thats what I meant by win streaks hiding your bad habits. When a good team that means you finally gets to you, you lose bad. Pacers didnt look like an unbeaten team tonight.
Perhaps that's the beauty of the game cause you can't possibly win all games.
I believe they would learn from this defeat and bounce right back to winning ways.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:05am On Nov 17, 2013
kliq: Perhaps that's the beauty of the game cause you can't possibly win all games.
I believe they would learn from this defeat and bounce right back to winning ways.

Its a good thing they lost d last game,that way they will be able to coRrect their flaws and get better..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2013
HEY GUYS
WOW DIDNT KNOW THIS THREAD EXISTED WOW
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2013
birdman: See how the Pacers lost? Thats what I meant by win streaks hiding your bad habits. When a good team that means you finally gets to you, you lose bad. Pacers didnt look like an unbeaten team tonight.
Hehehe see Captain Obvious! Who said the Pacers would not lose? I even pointed out their weaknesses when you claimed they were peaking so your point is still a mystery. They are also on the 2nd leg of back to back road games its not unexpected that they could have lost

Beasley looking like a valuable pickup for the Bulls while the Nets can't stop losing

Mavs are 6-4 yet to beat a big team tho so I can't place a read on em
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
That eastern conference is just an apology
How can someone sit comfortably at the 4th seed with an 0.5? angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
I mentioned this earlier and i am not reiterating this cos the pacers lost.. Far from that.. The pacers might possess the strongest opposition to the heats but it in no way guarantees them a ticket to the conference finals and that is because George is very much guardable in the east.. His style of play has evolved tremendously but it's still over reliant on jump shots and three's,p and that is where Queen James has bullied this generation of NBA players, he has mastered all forms of scoring except his free throws which could be suspect especially during clutch moments.

Last night he went for 3-14(FG Attempt) 0-3 ( 3ps) and a total of 6 rebounds in 34 mins... I am in no way undermining George but I am still not convinced they can defeat a team like the bulls or the nets in the eastern conference playoff's.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (2257) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.