Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,922 members, 7,838,287 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1645399 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
A-40:
Who are those that still expect the Nets to make the playoffs?

I dey hia.
Re: The NBA Begins by ayusco: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
When did the nba franchises decide on a new jerseys for their players? They look sorta awkward
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
birdman:

I dey hia.
You do know Brook Lopez is done for the season right?
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
ayusco: When did the nba franchises decide on a new jerseys for their players? They look sorta awkward

Just 4 the festive period sir...pls bear with us!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:52am On Dec 27, 2013
A-40:

You do know Brook Lopez is done for the season right?
yes
Re: The NBA Begins by Injera(f): 4:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
How did the Hawks lost to the Heats?motherluck keeps smilng on Miami..remember also Game 6 against Spurs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:30am On Dec 28, 2013
Looks like we are stuck with Mike Woodson this season ... Fucking Dolan doesn't look like hez up for changing things

The rot continues! cry
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
whats with the injuries? westbrook out till after the all-star break. lebron seems hurt too

birdman:
yes

and you know he's their only reliable option on offense
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:35am On Dec 30, 2013
A-40:
whats with the injuries? westbrook out till after the all-star break. lebron seems hurt too

and you know he's their only reliable option on offense

Most reliable? OK. Only reliable? Nope
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:07am On Jan 03, 2014
birdman:
Most reliable? OK. Only reliable? Nope
What you mean Joe Johnson,Paul Pierce and Deron Williams are reliable? Lolol ok

Happy New Year people!

Almost approaching the midway point of the regular season so which team is the biggest disappointment so far? Most people would say the Nets but me I'd go with the Cavs because I saw bust written all over the Nets team

With Irving,Waiters, a reloaded and motivated Bynum coupled with a defensive minded coach like Brown and a #1 pick I thought they would make some noise. Obviously Bynum is looking like a bad investment and Bennett is already being regarded as the biggest bust in the last twenty years (Olowokandi,Kwame Brown would have something to say about that) they have absolutely under-performed
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:32am On Jan 03, 2014
Anyone that takes Bynum is an idiot. GM ought to be fired for that move. That dude is useless. As soon as he got his contract, the real Bynum showed up. Shaq feels stupid right now for ever comparing Bynum to DH

And yeah, Nets are the most dissappointing. But the east is so weak that even with a quarter season left, they could win enough games to make the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:24am On Jan 03, 2014
Good win last night .. Thank God Melo came back

I didn't even fancy us at all against the San Antonio Spurs.

Rotten season so far, with only the Milwaukee Bucks with less wins than us. smh

But that win last night will go a long way in restoring confidence and hopefully we can go on a good run

Special mention to Iman Shumps .... #KnicksTape
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:25am On Jan 03, 2014
One of the other two teams i enjoy watching last night didn't disappoint me. Golden State Warriors.....

Steph Curry, did his thing again ..... What a lad!

Klay Thompson was on it and David Lee ... hmmmmm.... #Lovethat
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:37am On Jan 03, 2014
A-40:

Happy New Year people!
Almost approaching the midway point of the regular season so which team is the biggest disappointment so far? Most people would say the Nets but me I'd go with the Cavs because I saw bust written all over the Nets team

Happy New Year dude.

Biggest disappointment so far? Cavs? hehe.. Nah bro ...

For me the biggest disappointment so far would have to be New York Knicks in the Eastern Conference

And in the Western Conference, Memphis or Lakers ....
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2014
And curry....for threeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! grin

This dude is really a blessing guyz!u just gotta love him
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
Anyone that put money on the Knicks,Nets,Sixers,Warriors winning last night would be crip-walking to the bank right now
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
Polio:

Happy New Year dude.

Biggest disappointment so far? Cavs? hehe.. Nah bro ...

For me the biggest disappointment so far would have to be New York Knicks in the Eastern Conference

And in the Western Conference, Memphis or Lakers ....
Lool disappointment for me is when I don't see the failure coming! Picking up Bargnani and Metta World Peace I knew not to take you guys serious

As for the Lakers the West is too deep,Nash was never going to discover the fountain of youth,Kobe is still hurt and Gasol isn't interested anymore

Memphis still don't have a perimeter scorer and worst of all they sacked maybe the best coach in their history! No suprises there

Actually T/Wolves have disappointed the most in the West IMO
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
A-40:

Lool disappointment for me is when I don't see the failure coming! Picking up Bargnani and Metta World Peace I knew not to take you guys serious

As for the Lakers the West is too deep,Nash was never going to discover the fountain of youth,Kobe is still hurt and Gasol isn't interested anymore

Memphis still don't have a perimeter scorer and worst of all they sacked maybe the best coach in their history! No suprises there

Actually T/Wolves have disappointed the most in the West IMO
what was Memphis reason for firing their coach again? bad bad move, didn't think they traded any player actually. Not disappointed in Lakers, actually more disappointed in Timberwolves, with K.love in his prime, they should be in top 8 in the west.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2014
Donlittle: what was Memphis reason for firing their coach again? bad bad move, didn't think they traded any player actually. Not disappointed in Lakers, actually more disappointed in Timberwolves, with K.love in his prime, they should be in top 8 in the west.
Unreasonable ownership to blame perhaps because the sacking made no sense. Gasol's injury also a factor

With the T/Wolves they need a defensive stopper quite badly looking at their roster they have no one that plays passable defence. Kevin Love is the best rebounder in the game but is an average to poor defender
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2014
Donlittle: what was Memphis reason for firing their coach again? bad bad move, didn't think they traded any player actually. Not disappointed in Lakers, actually more disappointed in Timberwolves, with K.love in his prime, they should be in top 8 in the west.

They really didn't fire him. He left. The Rudy Gay trade pretty much undid years of team chemistry. The front office obviously didnt care for all the father figure psychology Hollins had taken time to build. Hollins said the right things in front of the camera, but supposedly let the front office have it behind the scenes. It was very obvious the Spurs series would have been more competitive with Gay in the mix. As soon as they lost, it was obvious Hollins was leaving.

The annoying part was the classless front office - as soon as they knew he was leaving, they tried to stop him from talking to other teams so they could fire him first. I know he will bounce back at some point. Man, I loved that team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 5:00am On Jan 05, 2014
Durant did his thing again. OKC last gasp rally to deny Timberwolves.
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 5:05am On Jan 05, 2014
A-40:

With the T/Wolves they need a defensive stopper quite badly looking at their roster they have no one that plays passable defence. Kevin Love is the best rebounder in the game but is an average to poor defender

This bolded part was highlighted again in the game tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by oluwasun: 6:12am On Jan 05, 2014
You guys can try betting for Basketball at http://wbet7.com/basketball/ . They accept Perfect Money, deposit/withdraw payment are processed automatic and instantly (24/7/365). Minimum deposit/withdraw amount is very low ($1.00 for deposit and $0.01 for withdraw)
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 6:32am On Jan 05, 2014
Thaddeus Young.....to say he has been playing well of late is an understatement
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
^^ I heard you guys want to do a Melo and Blake Griffin swap? If I'm Blake I'm casting and binding everyone involved in such deal

The Clippers are in deep shyte with this Chris Paul injury, Deep deep shyte
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
A-40:
^^ I heard you guys want to do a Melo and Blake Griffin swap? If I'm Blake I'm casting and binding everyone involved in such deal

The Clippers are in deep shyte with this Chris Paul injury, Deep deep shyte

RE clippers, they are indeed.

On the Melo and Blake swap, hearing that as well.... we are done this season anyway, so they could swap Melo for Dennis Rodman, i dont care! lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
If Melo moves to the Clippers for Blake I think the Knicks lose and the clips win, Paul is not going to remain injured for life!!!! Blake is a very rigid players, there exist no inside presence the Knicks desperately need, he plays highlight basketball, meanwhile Melo is a pure scorer with heart, playing with Paul means the awareness of another super star and that can only get better with the knowledge Doc Rivers brings to the table.
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2014
Fine win for Memphis Grizzlies who met no serious challenge in the home of Detroit Pistons.

48 points to 18 in the last 19 minutes shows that Detroit struggles in the final quarter of games that has blighted them in the last 4 weeks is far from ending.
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gasol - Bynum trade talks gathering pace.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:07pm On Jan 05, 2014
Polio: Fine win for Memphis Grizzlies who met no serious challenge in the home of Detroit Pistons.

48 points to 18 in the last 19 minutes shows that Detroit struggles in the final quarter of games that has blighted them in the last 4 weeks shows no signs of ending.

The pistons organization should hide their face in utter shame and despair for such horrendous display, why on earth would a fan irrespective of the financial situation in the city of Detroit spend a dime to watch that mediocre team..

Refunding every fan who paid to watch that despicable performance is the right call if you ask me.
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 12:25am On Jan 06, 2014
Roland17:

The pistons organization should hide their face in utter shame and despair for such horrendous display, why on earth would a fan irrespective of the financial situation in the city of Detroit spend a dime to watch that mediocre team..

Refunding every fan who paid to watch that despicable performance is the right call if you ask me.

Terrible display.

They raced out of the block in usual fashion, huffed and puffed, and fizzled out hopelessly.
Re: The NBA Begins by Polio: 10:05am On Jan 06, 2014
Knicks win... Love that

We took advantage of the Maverick's rim protector's absence (Samuel Delembert) and notched about 42 points in the paint.

Lovely

Detroit Pistons next. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.