Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan (19085 Views)

Nigerians Must Live With The Consequences Of "CHANGE" - FFK / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan / Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 26, 2011
moremi2008:

What part of sarcasm don't you understand? grin
haaaaaaa, i guess, didn't think this was a matter for sarcasm, anyways, goodluck to Nigerians, Nigeria is definitely doomed!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by NegroNtns(m): 3:43am On Dec 26, 2011
To those calling for Yorubas to leave North, I quite feel your sentiments but I believe it's a wrong call. The Yoruba - Hausa interconnection is greater than Boko Haram. We will not run for Boko but we encourage our brothers and sisters in North to be vigilant as everyone else is required to do, whether Hausa, Kanuri, Ibo or anyone else.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 3:56am On Dec 26, 2011
soloqy:

I read that statement in the news and I have been so depressed since then. I am currently in a state of severe depression stemming from the fact that I voted him and supportedhim. I am asking myself, where did I go wrong? I usua
lly make good
choices and decis

ions in things like this. I have been on a rant since I read this in the news. I am hurting seriously. I know that all hope is from God but God uses a man to carry out his will and rule. So where is this man? GEJ's words depress me.
Will tell u where u got it wrong. U said u voted for the reardeen? May I ask, on what basis? Were u aware that this same dumbo failed miserably as a governor of a state? It's unbelievable peeps expect much from this guy.
Still expecting his supporters though. Those clowns will soon emerge here.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by denzel2009: 4:02am On Dec 26, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

To those calling for Yorubas to leave North, I quite feel your sentiments but I believe it's a wrong call. The Yoruba - Hausa interconnection is greater than Boko Haram. We will not run for Boko but we encourage our brothers and sisters in North to be vigilant as everyone else is required to do, whether Hausa, Kanuri, Ibo or anyone else.

How can you be vigilant? do you have to wear bomb proof babariga everywhere you go?

Christians in the northern part should make conscious effort to move south cos these Boko harams will still do more bombings.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Ess: 4:05am On Dec 26, 2011
Trust beaf n co to come to his aid, GEJ is their god! what money can make ppl do!
Its a pity seeing ppl losing lives as they celebrate, but ur president is directly telling you to take it as it come o!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by naijaway(m): 4:18am On Dec 26, 2011
Instead of encouraging fear with such unstrategic statements; He should have reassured the nation that the culprits will be brought to justice. As a president of a complex nation like Nigeria, he cannot and should not differentiate militant in the south from militants in the north regardless of their causes; Because they both kill innocent civilians.
  He should begin to always take a stand and have a principle regarding the innocent citizens of Nigeria regardless of tribes or religion. Everyone should know that if an innocent citizen gets hurt or gets killed, then those responsible are against the nation.
 At this time, he should begin with honest and serious inquiry as to the status of our electricity issues in the light of the public; Call out and continue to call out and poke nose senators, governors, representatives, etc who are eating all the money by calling for a pay cut across the the board of the top 5% beginning with elected leaders, fight for them getting paid $60,000-80,000 a year; Recruit and revamp the police force with higher standards of entry and retaining the job because they should be paid $800 or more a month and the money can come from the excesses cut off from the senators and other elected officals. The police should be trained and equipped with helicopters and drones, massive equipments for forensics beginning with the police force, emphasis on threat identification and not all out brutality, and always making them feel and everyone in the nation feel valued. Teachers should also be paid more than their current monthly salary coupled with benefits at least $600 or more monthly.
  The borders of niger, chad, cameroon, benin and more need to have more military presence. It should be a crime for the military to brutilize a civilian if its not a man to man fight.
  Tell southern militants and northern militants there will be no more negotiations if its not a peaceful gathering. Capture or kill a lot of them on both sides after you have warned them throughly meaning privately and publicly, reassure them and nigerians that their rightful causes of disdain are the national causes of disdain and hopelessness and all they need to do is work with you and the nation at large.  Tax churches and mosque along with every other private house especially private houses that are too large land wise.  
   Tell the nation that we will never buckle or adapt to home grown terrorism by all means and many more visionary and intelligent ideologies.
 May God bless those who were affected by this tragic event and grant their families the strength to overcome.  May God bless Nigeria.  Amen.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by soloqy: 4:33am On Dec 26, 2011
This article claims that Church members arrested two of the suspected bombers

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/31096-bloody-xmas-day.html

Also, an expert suspects that the bomb was planted a day earlier.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by 2mch(m): 4:40am On Dec 26, 2011
What are the members of the senate and house of assembly doing about this? At least the northerners should be outnumbered in this. The Sw, SE, SS and MB reps can team up and ask for an investigation into GEJ and his tenure. What happened to those Boko Haram members that blew themselves up. I am sure some survived. Have we forgotten so soon that we have those people in the governments hands? Is GEJ trying to tell us that those people have not been questioned and we dont know who their sponsors are? I trust Nigerian police, they can make anyone admit to anything. Why have those boys not been tortured? It is time for the people to demand their reps start working very hard for their overbloated salary or they should all return home and step down, including GEJ. Who blames GEJ, he has the mossad guarding him in aso rock. He may think as long as he and his family is safe, Nigerian's can keep being the long sufferer's that we are. GEJ is doing what we let him do, and has reached the capacity that his simple mind may permit. We put him there, he either does the job or steps down. I think people should demand the heads of the sponsors of BH NOW! shocked sad
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by lukkie(m): 5:34am On Dec 26, 2011
That's the goat you guys voted as your president talking. Nigeria is doomed with this animal.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Shaunscot(m): 5:37am On Dec 26, 2011
I remember a similar quote to this from the same clueless man earlier this year just after the UN blast.
'Terrorism is a global phenomenon.Maybe its the turn of Nigeria'.
Real fresh air.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by gulfer: 5:59am On Dec 26, 2011
How else do you expect a reluctant Jonathan to behave or talk? All this nonsense about him being clueless would not arise if only Nigerian voters had clues while voting him in on sentimental grounds, serves us right.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by chinnyonwu(m): 6:02am On Dec 26, 2011
Let's fashie the criticisms and pray. Insulting our poor president wouldn't help issues. Remember he is tryna his best, though Ʋ may feel that its not good enough. And don't complain about sth you've not prayed about.
Cheers to boxing day
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:10am On Dec 26, 2011
Wondering why fellas are going ballistic over Clueless Joe's statement.
Is it surprising, given his earlier statement on the UN building bombing?

Awaiting mad-cow Beaf's response. . .let's see what the legendary muppet has to say in defence.
God help us.if this is our leader,we are in deep shyte.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by gists: 6:11am On Dec 26, 2011
Well what can I say? May be its the northern cabal and Buhari that are trying to discredit our very "ïn-creditable", uninspiring GEJ like beaf/pointB will want to make us belief. I'm sure they put those words in his mouth grin grin grin grin I said it when people blindly rejoiced when he won that naija is like a sinking ship. Nigerians thank you for voting GEJ and not PDP all we have to do now is to live with BH and not bombs. Thank God gej is a xtian because if he was a muslim, people would have said he is pursuing an agenda to islamise nigeria. However, the situation can still be rescued with or WITHOUT JUDAS Jonathan.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Lovine: 6:15am On Dec 26, 2011
This is BAD LUCK and it seemed GEJ is confused, the soldiers should take over the government or don't you think he will be the last Nigerian President
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by john6006: 6:16am On Dec 26, 2011
A BURDEN WE MUST LIVE WITH:
For a president to issue this kind of statement means that more people will still die for unjust courses .
This statement is enough for the world to continue laughing at us as country classified as terrorist .
who will like his or her life to  be taking away just like that?
I strongly believe if the MR PRESIDENT WIFE OR CHILDREN IS INVOLVED  NIGERIANS WILL WITNESS A STRONG CHANGE IMMEDIATELY

Who want to live with this burden?
I THINK THIS ANSWER CAN ONLY COME FROM THE PRESIDENT AND  HIS CABINET.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by onyekabe(m): 6:19am On Dec 26, 2011
There is noting gej will say that will pacify us what we need is two country from nigeria just like india and pakistan, koreans or the south will completely hands of from fed got ie blowing the hausa fulani to rule indefinately which is impossible
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by BabaEleko(m): 6:22am On Dec 26, 2011
[size=50pt]SPLIT NIGERIA!!!![/size]
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Hablad47(m): 6:30am On Dec 26, 2011
Plz, nd plz, nairalanders kindly help me click on my link below nd hit d *like* button below d story.plz it might luk weird buh u liking d story is all i need
www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=319585604732340&id=158495220841380&refid=20&_ft_a=100001547612636&_ft_tf=319585604732340&_ft_tpi=158495220841380&_ft_ti=100&_ft_aoi=158495220841380&_ft_fth=5e1cd21ac484a8de&_ft_time_ft=1324858091 for dose hu cares 2 help.u can also copy my link and askd friends 2 like it.hope 2 gt 2thousands upward likes b4 31st of december.consolation prizes r byn giftd out to d person wit most hittd *likes*.any1 wit an idea of a group dat knws i cn easily get up to a thousand of link shud kindly refer me to.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by BabaEleko(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2011
Hablad47:

Plz, nd plz, nairalanders kindly help me click on my link below nd hit d *like* button below d story.plz it might luk weird buh u liking d story is all i need
www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=319585604732340&id=158495220841380&refid=20&_ft_a=100001547612636&_ft_tf=319585604732340&_ft_tpi=158495220841380&_ft_ti=100&_ft_aoi=158495220841380&_ft_fth=5e1cd21ac484a8de&_ft_time_ft=1324858091 for dose hu cares 2 help.u can also copy my link and askd friends 2 like it.hope 2 gt 2thousands upward likes b4 31st of december.consolation prizes r byn giftd out to d person wit most hittd *likes*.any1 wit an idea of a group dat knws i cn easily get up to a thousand of link shud kindly refer me to.

Fcuck outta here!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by MissEZ(f): 6:35am On Dec 26, 2011
chinnyonwu:

Let's fashie the criticisms and pray. Insulting our poor president wouldn't help issues. Remember he is tryna his best, though Ʋ may feel that its not good enough. And don't complain about sth you've not prayed about.
Cheers to boxing day

I bet if you lost a family member to the bombings, you wont be so laid back. Its sad that Nigerians cannot empathize with people who have lost relatives to attacks, and will never ever receive justice because our government doesnt care. If someone close to you had died in any of the bombings or violence going on in the country, you will not be speaking like this
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by NegroNtns(m): 6:36am On Dec 26, 2011
I remember a similar quote to this from the same clueless man earlier this year just after the UN blast.
'Terrorism is a global phenomenon.Maybe its the turn of Nigeria'.

hmmm. . . .     It would appear from his statements that, in exchange for his acquiesce and acceptance of Boko's terror Jonathan is benefitting in some shady way.  When you piece all his crazy statements together, this looney is deriving some promised outcome.  hhmm . . .  cool
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Yinkay: 6:43am On Dec 26, 2011
Just finished reading JP Clark poem the Casulties again, how apt for the situation in the country now.
Poets are Prophets,

THE CASUALTIES

John Pepper Clark

The casualties are not only those who are dead;
They are well out of it.
The casualties are not only those who are wounded,
Thought they await burial by installment
The casualties are not only those who have lost
 Person or property, hard as it is
To grape for a touch that some
May not know is not there
The casualties are not those led away by night;
The cell is a cruel place, sometimes a heaven,
No where as absolute as the grave
The casualties are not those who started
A fire and now cannot put to out. Thousands
Are burning that had no say in the matter.
The casualties are not only those who escaping
The shattered shell become prisoners in
A fortress of falling walls.

The casualties are many, and a good number well
Outside the scene of ravage and wreck;
They are the emissaries of rift,
So smug in smoke-room they haunt abroad,
They are wandering minstrels who, beating on
 The drum of human heart, draw the world
Into a dance with rites it does not know

The drum overwhelm the guns…
Caught in the clash of counter claims and charges
When not in the niche others have left,
We fall.
All casualties of war,
Because we cannot hear other speak,
Because eyes have ceased to see the face from the crowd,
Because whether we know or
Do not know the extent of wrong on all sides,
We are characters now other than before
The war began, the stay- at- home unsettled
By taxes and rumor, the looter for office
And wares, fearful everyday the owners may return,
We are all casualties,
All sagging as are
The case celebrated for kwashiorkor,
The unforeseen camp-follower of not just our war.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by kettykin: 6:46am On Dec 26, 2011
why dont you people reason for once , what do you want gej to do, you asked for one nigeria in a mutli religous nation, you even are too blind to realise this is a religous , ethnocentric war, so you live with the bombing until it fizzles out alternatively you organise your selves into an antibokoharam ( eastern education is sin)  . The moment reprisals start in aba and onitsha bokoharam will cease. Nigeria is filled with so much backstabbers and traitors for gej to do much.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by naptu2: 6:48am On Dec 26, 2011
Solving any problem becomes difficult if you cannot analyse a problem properly and discover its causes. Boko Haram has splintered.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by blackboi(m): 6:56am On Dec 26, 2011
It doesn't matter what he says. That's what you get from someone learning on a job; gej is learning on the JOB (period)
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by djeezy(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2011
This is really the height of Incompetency, not fit for president at all.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 26, 2011
chinnyonwu:

Cheers to boxing day
You are so so DUMB!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 26, 2011
This jona monkey needs to be hung by the neck till he dies.
Better still, send the slowpoke a letter bomb. It'll be glorious if he dies that way,
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by muyoto: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2011
onyekabe:

There is noting gej will say that will pacify us

We are well aware of that. He should, at least , refrain from FURTHER AGGRAVATING US!!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by brightk(m): 7:29am On Dec 26, 2011
what is the sultan of sokoto saying about this recent bomb blast
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by omoredia: 7:32am On Dec 26, 2011
buhari is a supporter of all these bombings!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: INEC Clears Underage Candidates To Contest Senate, House Of Reps / BREAKING: Kachikwu’s Appointment Absolves Buhari Of Blame As President/oil Minis / Buhari Meets South African President, Ramaphosa (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.