Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,087 members, 7,849,406 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:47 PM

Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan (19105 Views)

Nigerians Must Live With The Consequences Of "CHANGE" - FFK / Murtala Foundation Offers Buhari Fresh Opportunity To Debate With Jonathan / Kaduna Easter Bomb-Blast: A Victim's Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by safarigirl(f): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
A referendum should be called for, let Nigerians decide if we want to remain one or if we wish to become separate entities.
Let's hope our leaders don't rig that too.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2011
safarigirl:

A referendum should be called for, let Nigerians decide if we want to remain one or if we wish to become separate entities.
Let's hope our leaders don't rig that too.

i think we should give this thought serious consideration, living together no be by force.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by velo10: 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2011
@Dalover, this is no issue to use for ur tribalistic notions cos lives like urs and mine are being taken away. boko haram first reared its ugly head in 2009 under Yar Adua, who was a northern president. at lease he contained it to a level unlike Jona who seems clueless about it. This is not about south-outh or not, its about being able to undertake the task of presidency and solve national problems. if this guy cant handle it, then he shud resign cos people's lives are paying the price for both boko haram's madness and Jonathan's incompetency to contain them.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2011
gulfer:

What NLders are saying is that the statement is un-leaderlike and does not inspire confidence. Will you always explain the president's statement as something else, even when the man has spoken from his heart's abundance in his own honest way?

And what the other NLders are saying is that the sentence should not be threated in isolation, and that this is specifically done out of mischieve, also it is being propagated by known opponents of GEJ, who will never see anything good in GEJs administration, finally we on the other spectrum have observed to a large degree the band wagon mentality resulting from shallow mindedness on these NLers you are refering to.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Obalende: 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2011
Goodluck Jonathan is a Satanist and probably a freemason. Let us expose these people for who they really are. Whenever the "illuminati" want to infringe on civil liberties, they start with a crisis; people get afriad and will accept anything in fear. What can happen next is that the government will start tracking people using cell phones to "contain terrorism" or given rights to intercept radio communication.

Solving Boko Haram is easy. The full strength of the Nigerian military, and cooperation with US and air raids on suspected BH cells will solve it. But GEJ will not act because he is taking orders from his masonic lodge and satanic masters.

GJ silence says he is dark and part of something dark,.

stupid vagabond. christian is not by mouth.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2011
Its a pity cry cry Where do we go from here?? Our president have told us 'point-blank' that he can not protect us sad sad
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2011
how does this translate into "we are on top of the situation"
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2011
I don't know, but this president sounds like some one on cheap drugs. angry
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2011
we have to live wth bombz while they fortify themselves with mossad armourd cars and tanks.nigerians we r on our own
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by gulfer: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
DaLover:

And what the other NLders are saying is that the sentence should not be threated in isolation, and that this is specifically done out of mischieve, also it is being propagated by known opponents of GEJ, who will never see anything good in GEJs administration, finally we on the other spectrum have observed to a large degree the band wagon mentality resulting from shallow mindedness on these NLers you are refering to.
You are certainly one of GEJ enemies, sycophants.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by mubaraqqq(f): 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2011
Why do people keep saying Nigerians voted for GEJ. Who actually thinks GEJ won the election fair and square without rigging it.

I have to stop reading Nigerian papers because i just want to slap somebody after reading it.

Pretty much this guy has no plan for dealing with Boko Haram.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by touchmeder: 6:16pm On Dec 26, 2011
This man is not it. He is just occupying space there.
INSECURITY ZERO ZERO ZERO undecided
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 6:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
velo10:

@Dalover, this is no issue to use for your tribalistic notions cos lives like urs and mine are being taken away. boko haram first reared its ugly head in 2009 under Yar Adua, who was a northern president. at lease he contained it to a level unlike Jona who seems clueless about it. This is not about south-outh or not, its about being able to undertake the task of presidency and solve national problems. if this guy cant handle it, then he shud resign cos people's lives are paying the price for both boko haram's madness and Jonathan's incompetency to contain them.
unfortunately life is not black and white as you would like to believe, this type of activity first happened when OBj came to power, northern states suddenly remembered that sharia existed, look BH is just a tool to express the norths anger at loss of power, pls do some deep thinking here,
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
^^^^
Did Bokoharam start during GEJ's tenure?
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2011
mubaraqqq:

Why do people keep saying Nigerians voted for GEJ. Who actually thinks GEJ won the election fair and square without rigging it.

I have to stop reading Nigerian papers because i just want to slap somebody after reading it.

it a good thing you admitted not reading new papers, hence you willl definately not be informed of any plans at all, you definately will not be aware of the legal cases against identified BH sponsors, the military encounters with members of the BH sect, the special security units setup to counter this new type of threat, the registration of mobile phones, the digital registration of drivers and vehicle licences, the linking of drivers and vehicle licences, and othe processes being put in place, please resume reading papers and be informed again,
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 6:45pm On Dec 26, 2011
kokoA:

^^^^
Did Bokoharam start during GEJ's tenure?

mr kokoa, does it matter when BH started? What should matter is when it changed from a small religious organisation to a political tool,
today OPC is dormant, tomorrow someone or pple may reactivate it as a political tool to fight against the FG, i am sure you probable expect the FG to lock all the yoruba leaders in jail, without hard evidence, just arrest them because they are yoruba, itg baffles me how generality of people reason, no one has produced any hard evidence against northern elite, only that they are not castigating the militants, imagin that in front of a judge,
my lord, the case against buhari and the sultan of sokoto today it that they are amonst the northern elite keeping quiet againt boko haram, thereby indirectly supporting
bombings in the country, and commiting a crime invented in nairaland called quiet bombers,
Some of us need to step back, take a look at the situation and jusgt try to be smart,
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by velo10: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2011
@Dalover, are u paid to defend this guy doing a bad job while hundreds of lives pay the price? Maybe when you become a victim of your president's incompetence, dats when ur thinking may realign to the right lane. capisce!
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 7:26pm On Dec 26, 2011
velo, i am not, to answer ur question, but do not subject youjrself to crowd mentality, with regards to performance of gej, be specific, choose an area you want to critisize, what has been done so far? How was that area? How long do you estimate it will take to fix the area? Is he moving in the right direction? If not, what should he have done better or what can he do better? This is how i expect enlightened people to engage in constructive critisim of anyone leading their country, but when people line up to poor insults because of a statement threated in isolation out of a speach, you just to be ashmed that this is all we have to offer
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by muyoto: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
Each time I read that statement, I just can't help but wonder, WTF WAS HE THINKING
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2011
live with it while gej cruises around in his Mercedes Benz armored car

not me worry
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by GuruD: 7:53pm On Dec 26, 2011
Goodluck Nigeria as you all live with the bomb blasts till 2015 when we can have a someone else. please more fresh air, thanks.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by gulfer: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2011
2015 is a year full of the unknowns. Are we going to be together still?
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by DaLover(m): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
mubaraqqq:

So at the last election, which canidate was the best choice for nigerian? Which party was the best party? We had ACN, APGA, CPC, Labour party etc, did you expect 9jan to vote for democratic party? We have to choose from the options availiable, we will rather choose a currupt party with a national spread than a currupt party that is tribally based, if your argument is that nairaland mugus party was not registered, then that is another matter,
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by reagand200(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2011
Too bad that all the people who really know how to run the country are busy driving taxi cabs,cutting hair and concocting intelligent comments on NAIRALAND.

For how long shall we continue dissipating our dear energy commenting and counter-commenting without taking adequate steps and action towards complementing the efforts of the CLUELESS and INSENSITIVE government.
What kinda legacy are we going to leave for the generation yet unborn.
The Gift of LIFE is to contribute more than you have reaped from this thing called life.
My own contribution, my advice, :
1. Since NAIRALANDERS are a subset of intelligentsia, let us arrange a PUBLIC FORUM/DEBATE on selected current issues of disturbing nature.
2. Set-up a kind of NGO HOTLINE (first of its kind), with the aims of subduing the activities of terrorist groups and combine it with the superior advantage of Information technology to tackle this menace.
3, less talk(for now) and more pro-activeness .
4 , more action
5, and yet action

Please feel free to add more forward-moving positive and action-fuelled contribution/advice.
Let the ball roll pls.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by dizboy40: 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2011
im tired of jonathan, it seems we all made a mistake voting him,he is an infidel.
i just wonder if he would be talking like this if his relative died in dat bombing, really sad sad
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by jidewin(m): 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2011
in as much as i hate boko harams and whatever blood lust they stand for,i hope it wont be too much to ask them if the presidents parents house could be bombed before the year runs out.let me then see him come out and say the same rubbish.useless man.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
These are text from the speech Bush delivered to the American people after 911. GEJ, there is no shame in plaigiarism.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve. America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining. Today, our nation saw evil -- the very worst of human nature -- and we responded with the best of America. With the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared.

The search is underway for those who were behind these evil acts. I have directed the full resources of our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and to bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 26, 2011
NTA news reports it like this:

Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by naijaking1: 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2011
It's either the president can't properly articulate his thoughts in a proper fashion, or his is really incapable, or his public relations officers have no idea what they're doing. What ever it is, is quite sad.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by forkadict(m): 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2011
This Christmas is the worst i have celebrated in a very long while. First of, a chic i had plans of forking to a state of coma did not honor our appointment. Omo men, e no funny. Konji nearly scatter my head!

Next was the series of bombing across the nothern cities. Then came the stooooooopid utterance by GEJ who i feel is the daftes and most stooooooopid president in the whole world.

But why the hell are nigerians so sentimental, shortsighted and downright stoooopid? How could this guy have won the last presidential election? Nigerians knew full well that this guy was a failed governor of a tiny state (both in land mass and in population)  in the south south region. Yet they expected him to succeed as President of a complec country like naija?

Please my people, let us start mobilising now for Buhari come 2015. Weve got just 3 yrs. We should not let these sentimental and foolist bigots put our lives in jeopardy for another 4 years.
Re: Bomb Blast: A Burden We Must Live With – Jonathan by TippyTop(m): 10:19pm On Dec 26, 2011
TALK IS CHEAP

For the imps castigating the president pray tell where terrorist are wiped out completely in a flash. The BH people are waging an asymmetric warfare on the population but we need a political
solution to a political/religious problem.
The Russians have been fighting the Chechens since 1994, as have the Chinese with the Tibetans. For more than 50yrs the IRA were active in the UK, even the great Margaret Thatcher couldn't end it.
GEJ probably hate BH more than we do but he recognise the fact that  it's a political/religious problem and would need a political solution. Only a foool would advocate fire for fire

Shut up if you don't understand world affairs and don't cave in to conformism. Most people hate GEJ because their tribe "leader" says so. Well next time you have problem consult your supposed "leader" for help.
PEACE OUT!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Expect One Naira To One Dollar If I'm Elected - Okorocha / Tinubu Is Just A Bookkeeper, Thought He Understood Economics - Pearse / We Get Many Complaints Against Obasanjo Foundation –UK Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.