Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? (4935 Views)

Bankers are very Fake and Stingy!!! living a borrowed lifestyle,ladies beware! / Photos! If You Attended This Traditional Marriage What Would You Have Done. / Two Female Bankers Fight Over Rich Businessman ( Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Macutie(f): 7:27am On Oct 04, 2007
I work with a bank and its really hectic i must tell you! The thing is i dont know if my bank Job and marriage would work. what do you think?
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 04, 2007
I wouldn't have thought bank working hours would affect a marriage, unless your man was bone idle, or worked in dribs and drabs. . .
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by almondjoy(f): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2007
Macutie:

I work with a bank and its really hectic i must tell you! The thing is i don't know if my bank Job and marriage would work. what do you think?

Not compartible with married life in Nigeria. angry Especially if the female is in the "investment" sector. Long hours outside the home and too many meetings with you know what to increase their "marketablity". Would not want my wife in that kind of environment at all. Some women do not come home till after 10PM at night. What kind of a job is that? shocked For single ladies okay. But married ladies, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

1 Like

Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 04, 2007
almondjoy:

Not compartible with married life in Nigeria. angry Especially if the female is in the "investment" sector. Long hours outside the home and too many meetings with you know what to increase their "marketablity". Would not want my wife in that kind of environment at all. Some women do not come home till after 10PM at night. What kind of a job is that? shocked For single ladies okay. But married ladies, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

That would point to insecurity on the mans part. A lot of Nigerian men feel threatened, by their wife's success in the investment sector. Why? Don't they trust them?

In the same vein, most Nigerian men just want a stay-at-home wife, which in this day and age, is pretty sad.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by almondjoy(f): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2007
Siena:

That would point to insecurity on the mans part. A lot of Nigerian men feel threatened, by their wife's success in the investment sector. Why? Don't they trust them?

In the same vein, most Nigerian men just want a stay-at-home wife, which in this day and age, is pretty sad.

Not at all Siena. I do not want a stay-at-home wifey.  If something were to happen to me in the future, I would like to know that she could take care of herself and the kids. It is just that I have seen the havoc caused by women in the banking sector and how it affects marriages in Nigeria.  Now, in other countries-bank officials leave at the close of the day--5-6PM undecided.  What is a married woman with a family doing in a Nigerian bank as late as 10PM for heaven's sake? shocked  I am not the "insecure" type of guy by anymeans because my wife is free to leave if she ever feels the marriage is not working, sad as it may sound.  I do not believe in "bondage" marriages.

However, it is my wish that if she chooses to work in a bank, to care enough about my happiness to work in area other than "marketing and investment."  I really need her at home after 7PM so we can "unwind" together and prepare for the next day. wink  Most of these ladies come back so fagged out that they cannot even eat dinner before they go to bed.  I think it is a preference and I wish not my wife to stay out of the house after 7pm--5 DAYS A WEEK? shocked  Sorry buddy--that is not a marriage for me.  Anything that interfers with my marriage and my family life---count me out! I will not do that to her so I do not expect that kind of set-up. It is something we have to discuss and agree on.

1 Like

Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Easybaby(f): 9:41am On Oct 04, 2007
I don't think anything . . .quit your job or marriage undecided
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by almondjoy(f): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2007
Yeah!  Those female bankers with mini-skirts----I worked with a lot of them. Hmmmmmmmmm! undecided Wonders!
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by sillyboy(m): 11:33am On Oct 04, 2007
I work with a bank and its really hectic i must tell you! The thing is i don't know if my bank Job and marriage would work. what do you think?

It can work if and only if you know where to draw the line.

I wouldn't have thought bank working hours would affect a marriage, unless your man was bone idle, or worked in dribs and drabs. . .

I would not say you are right there most especially if we are considering banking job work hours in the nigerian context. The fact that banking industry is very aggresive and rugged in it's approach in retail and investment sector, makes bankers give more hours and some "other stuffs" than they should. I can't really go into this, because I don't like to write long. The ladies are more at the disadvantage because of some obvious reasons.

Not compartible with married life in Nigeria. Especially if the female is in the "investment" sector. Long hours outside the home and too many meetings with you know what to increase their "marketablity". Would not want my wife in that kind of environment at all. Some women do not come home till after 10PM at night. What kind of a job is that? For single ladies okay. But married ladies, naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If the female banker in investment and retail section really want to draw the line and work morally and achieve results, marriage is very possible. It's only that she will have to put in more efforts professionally instead of relying on her sex to achieve result. Also, the hubby can help her too.

Personally, I'd like to get married to a professional lady, a banker to be more precise. I've come to realise that most of the ladies that get to excel in the financial sector of the economy, tends to be good in management and that points to the fact that they will be good in managing their homes too. My few years in the financial sector is my reason for believing so and I stand to be corrected.

It's a matter of understanding between the spouses and proper planning of their homes. I believe this shouldn't scare both the guys and the ladies.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2007
i see no big deal in working in a bank, but in Nigeria i would definitely not work in a bank, no way.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by CrazyMan(m): 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2007
I agree with ThoniaSlim. Nigerian banks close very early, so you should have enough time to come home and do your daily chores. There is nothing really hectic in working in a bank.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by somze(f): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2007
Crazykid
That must be some sort of joke cuz the opposite holds here grin
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by CrazyMan(m): 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2007
Believe me it isn’t a joke.

Banks in Nigeria don’t operate for as long as 5: pm. So if she gets home 5:30pm, she can’t still make dinner for her husband and to other hosehold duties.

For couples to survive in Marriage they have to plan it properly.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2007
@ crazykid its obvious you've never lived with or been friends with a bank worker in Nigeria.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Joey82(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2007
@poster,
2 b honest, banking job in 9ja is quite hectic, really not good 4 a married woman considering the Nigerian banking setting.
And its not about insecurity but imagine u waking up arround 5am to work only 2 return 10pm, even ur kids wont know u, cos apart from weekends, they dont see mummy in the day time, sometimes not even at night.

This at times leads to hiring house helps and u know how many homes have broken up just because of this.

Well, its all up to u and the man in question, many women out there have survived the terrain even in their married homes,so, make ur choice - ur man or ur job
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2007
@crazykid
i meant the opposite of what your saying, Nigerian banks sucks in the aspect of how staff are made to work long hours without considering the fact they might have families or not.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by lafile(m): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2007
women i wouldn't marry: Doctors, Nurses and Bankers.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by lafile(m): 3:30pm On Oct 04, 2007
crazykid:

I agree with ThoniaSlim. Nigerian banks close very early, so you should have enough time to come home and do your daily chores. There is nothing really hectic in working in a bank.

crazykid:

Believe me it isn’t a joke.

Banks in Nigeria don’t operate for as long as 5: pm. So if she gets home 5:30pm, she can’t still make dinner for her husband and to other hosehold duties.

For couples to survive in Marriage they have to plan it properly.

Oh boy banks only close to customers at 4. By 6pm they are just leaving the office in V/I on a staff bus, only to get to say GFestac by 8.30 or 9. And I'm talking about the ordinary bankers. The 'special' bankers (including investment bankers) dont leave till 9pm after series of meetings.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by 2dye4(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2007
i know 1,2, 3, 40,, 100 young, hot, and happily married female bankers! @ poster: how do they cope? it's called trade-off!
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Bblak(f): 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2007
Not all bankers close that late,it all depends about your sector and the task at hand for the day.I work in an IT firm now but intend working in a bank soonest.It's all about you.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by almondjoy(f): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2007
lafile:

women i wouldn't marry: Doctors, Nurses and Bankers.

Tee! hee! hee! hee! hee!

I agree with you! Please I am anxious to know your reasons though. Please share. I have a sneaky feeling that you do not agree with their "nocturnal" or "clandestine" schedules of work. grin I just cannot deal with the fact that my wife escapes at night from my bed to some "job"! undecided It would never work for me. I cannot be away from my home at night and I think I would look for a partner who can work with me and I could work with her. Night job--no way! grin
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by almondjoy(f): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2007
Joey82:

@poster,
2 b honest, banking job in Nigeria is quite hectic, really not good 4 a married woman considering the Nigerian banking setting.
And its not about insecurity but imagine u waking up arround 5am to work only 2 return 10pm, even your kids wont know u, because apart from weekends, they don't see mummy in the day time, sometimes not even at night.

This at times leads to hiring house helps and u know how many homes have broken up just because of this.

You have summed it up! Imagine all the hassles to work as a "banking female"!  For a guy it is bad enough.  Not not to talk of for a female.  In Nigeria? shocked

ThoniaSlim:

i see no big deal in working in a bank, but in Nigeria i would definitely not work in a bank, no way.

ThoniaSlim:

@crazykid
i meant the opposite of what your saying, Nigerian banks sucks in the aspect of how staff are made to work long hours without considering the fact they might have families or not.

Well, its all up to u and the man in question, many women out there have survived the terrain even in their married homes,so, make your choice - your man or your job

Now this a a young lady who knows what she is talking about.  God bless you! kiss

lafile:

Oh boy banks only close to customers at 4. By 6pm they are just leaving the office in V/I on a staff bus, only to get to say GFestac by 8.30 or 9. And I'm talking about the ordinary bankers. The 'special' bankers (including investment bankers) don't leave till 9pm after series of meetings.

This is my problem. Then when do these special banking females and males get home after a "hard day's job"? undecided Special meetings with "Cultic Otumbas", "Leprous Alhajis"  and "Perveted Esamas".  All to bring better businesses for the "banking" industry.  Anyway--it is the couple's choice.  We all understand that "someone" has to do this kind of job--but it is definitely going to be from someone else's house not mine! grin

I have said my piece. It just will not work for me.  Allowing my wife to be groped and prodded by every Akin, Usman, Chike, Effiong, Osaro, Dafe and heaven knows what else?  No way! grin  I worked with a lot of them and I know what the deal is!  No way!  I say!  No way! cheesy
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by ghengis(m): 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2007
@Crazykid
Its obvious you have absolutely no idea wat entails in working in a bank. My fiance works in one and my guy i know better. While there are days they close early (which the earliest is 6:30-7pm), there are many days that its just plain crazy. I most times have to go pick her up from work daily.

@poster
Marriage can work well even if you work in a bank, it all depends on the understanding you have with your man. I many times wish she could get a better job but we work very well with what she has. My problem most times isn't even with the time but the risk related with the job. The time i couldn't stand was wen she just joined and had to do cash pick-up, from CBN and stuff.

Well, i guess its only that bad for those in 'operations', the others like risk management, investment etc only have few moments.

But my own opinion, marriage can work very well for female bankers, i mean why not?
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by almondjoy(f): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2007
ghengis:

@Crazykid
Its obvious you have absolutely no idea what entails in working in a bank. My fiance works in one and my guy i know better. While there are days they close early (which the earliest is 6:30-7pm), there are many days that its just plain crazy. I most times have to go pick her up from work daily.

@poster
Marriage can work well even if you work in a bank, it all depends on the understanding you have with your man. I many times wish she could get a better job but we work very well with what she has. My problem most times isn't even with the time but the risk related with the job. The time i couldn't stand was when she just joined and had to do cash pick-up, from CBN and stuff.

Well, i guess its only that bad for those in 'operations', the others like risk management, investment etc only have few moments.

But my own opinion, marriage can work very well for female bankers, i mean why not?

Thank you for another baffling female banking lingo--"operations"!!!!  The news just keeps getting worse!  "Operations"!!!!  grin  Operation "bang my wife or my husband"!!! grin  Please enjoy your "operating" wife! grin

Look at the terms--"marketing", "investments" and "operations".  In Nigeria, all these spell doom for any marriage-especially if it the female that is "marketing", "investing" and "operating"!  Gosh! tongue  For you to stomach all these you have to be a "musketeering marketer",  "an incredulous investor" and also "an opportunistic operationeer"!  Sounds like a marriage made in heaven to me.  Enjoy!  Lots of marriages have survived this bizarre math.  We all know our capabilities!

To each his or her own! I will drink to that! grin
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by ghengis(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2007
@almondjoy
you're a crazy one, aint ya! lol
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by JustGood(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2007
I dont understand why a woman would get married and want to work for such long hours. How long do you then get to spend with your husband?

My personal opinion is that I cant have a wife that will get home late such that we will not have enough time to be with each other. Besides, after working for so long, she'll naturally be tired and just about ready to lay down and sleep. What use is that in a FAMILY?

Thankfully, my wife does not have any desire to work very long hours.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Seun(m): 9:08am On Oct 05, 2007
Hmmm, why is it ok for the man to work long hours but wrong for a woman to work long hours?
Why is it ok for a married man to work long hours when he knows his wife wants to spend time with him?
Why is it ok for a man to demand that his wife spend time with him but not vice versa?
Sexual discrimination is becoming a thing of the past; a way of life that only suits illiterates.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Seun(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2007
Talking about long hours, what are you bankers really doing that requires long hours?
99% of the rubbish that you guys insist on doing could be done perfectly well by computers.
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by almondjoy(f): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2007
JustGood:

I don't understand why a woman would get married and want to work for such long hours. How long do you then get to spend with your husband?

My personal opinion is that I can't have a wife that will get home late such that we will not have enough time to be with each other. Besides, after working for so long, she'll naturally be tired and just about ready to lay down and sleep. What use is that in a FAMILY?

Thankfully, my wife does not have any desire to work very long hours.

Spoken with true understanding of the subject matter.

Seun:

Hmmm, why is it ok for the man to work long hours but wrong for a woman to work long hours?
Why is it ok for a married man to work long hours when he knows his wife wants to spend time with him?
Why is it ok for a man to demand that his wife spend time with him but not vice versa?
Sexual discrimination is becoming a thing of the past; a way of life that only suits illiterates.

It is not okay for a man to spend long hours at work if he has a family.  But Nigerians have come to accept that as part of the "breadwinning" xteristics of success.  Even most women have come  to accept that.  It is not okay for men or women.

It takes 2 or more--as team work--- to run a family and the more one is absent the family suffers on the long run. See the way Nigerian children are turning out? Even worse than their western or eastern block counterparts. All because the man or woman is chasing "investing", "marketing" and "operations" projects!

Seun:

Talking about long hours, what are you bankers really doing that requires long hours?
99% of the rubbish that you guys insist on doing could be done perfectly well by computers.

I guess the "female bankers" in the house can shed more light on your question.  The male bankers--well we know what they are doing---.  Let the poster who started this topic tell us about her "hectic" schedules. Over to you "Macutie".  We want to know what your "hectic" schedule entails. cheesy

Long hours of work means "extracurricular" activities for both males and females.  An excuse to go messin' around.  We all know the deal but no one wants to come out and spell it out plainly.  No qualms then.  We all know the deal!

Not only can these jobs be done on computers--there are laptops at home and cell phone conference calls to make this "banking" jobs easier to work from home sometimes.  I do not like to take my work home.  But if I have to do that just to keep an eye on my family--then so be it.  What some men and women do till 10PM at night is what I cannot understand.  When it is not a security guard job or a hospital where emergency surgery is taking place. undecided
Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
Sorry for bringing this thread back to life...is the above still the plight of married females in the banking sector? shocked undecided

Need responses and insights please smiley

1 Like

Re: Female Bankers And Marriage. What Is Your Take On It? by femilambor007(m): 8:23am On Oct 16, 2017
Is it still valid?

(1) (Reply)

Help! After Our Breakup He Is Now Telling Everyone He Disvirgined Mi.why? / Some Awfull Things Ladies Do In Bed That Killed My Libido / HELP! Save Me From This Olosho Babe O!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.