Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

My Most Embarrassing Moment! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Most Embarrassing Moment! (3210 Views)

Share Your Most Embarrassing Moment, Up Until Now.. / An Awkward Moment At The Office Today / How Embarrassing Can It Get During The 9months Course(pregnancy). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Most Embarrassing Moment! by eezzy(f): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2007
embarassed Fellow Nairalanders, have you ever suffered a major embarrassment?!

A few days ago I was out shopping with my teenage daughter and as you know
shop windows have become major reflectors. As we went past one, I saw this rather fat
lady waddling along and with a loud laugh I told my daughter that the woman should
surely enrol into a gym. The people around turned to look for the fat woman as my daugter
nudged me and told me that the woman in the reflection was ME! cry
You cannot begin to imagine the shame and embarrassment as all the people around us began to laugh including
my own disloyal daughter, who has since never let me live that one down. HORRORS!

Do you have a story to tell - I dare you!
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by opokonwa(m): 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2007
Ha! Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

It was an extra-curricular lesson. I just stepped into the class when the lesson teacher asked; how many of you think Mathematics is easy?!

Wanting to be among the 'winners' and 'positive thinkers', I raised up my hand along with a few others. But something about my own hand, it was too long, too straight, too sure and too fair. Though I was sitting at the back of the class, I was picked out of the lot to demonstrate my 'mathematical abilities' by solving what appeared to be a simple simultaneous equation.

I had been summoned, the appointed time has arrived, the whole class turned at me and since I was sitting at the back, it was a full 270 degrees turn. My lesson teacher made an already intriguing situation worse by praising the new Mathematics Genius as I took my gallant strides forward to the blackboard and picked up the chalk.

What happened next was horror! embarassed I couldn't recognise, neither could I understand the 'puzzle' before me. I was holding the chalk, scribbling nonsense while the whole class were quiet like a cemetery, everyone watching. shocked shocked shocked

After what seemed like an eternity of disgrace, the teacher stepped up and relieved me, himself diappointed at his pick and bluttering; you see, Mathematics is not as easy as it appears.

I remember walking back to my seat, head bowed. and thinking about the whole experience throughout the lesson.

I have never forgotten that experience; I was about 15 years then and 14 years later, it sticks in my memory like glue . . . like it was yesterday.

That was the most embarrassing moment in my life. embarassed
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by eezzy(f): 6:53am On Oct 08, 2007
@opokonwa

Soorryooo I surely know the feeling
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by whiteroses(f): 10:52am On Oct 08, 2007
@eezzy i'm so sorry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed i wouldnt wanna be you that time.
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by eezzy(f): 11:39am On Oct 08, 2007
smiley Thanks whiteroses - HELL I would'nt want to be myself at this point either cry
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by dupebaby(m): 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2007
im sorry, angry angry angry
i myself do have a story to tell, i think i was 16 when it happens but anyway, i was expecting my period to start but it never did, so i decide to go to class the following days with pads or nothing , at 8:00am i start feeling something in my underwear, i try to get up but i don;t want to since i was sitting in front of the class, and there were more boys than girls, the teacher knew wat was wrong but i can;t tell him since he is a guy.later on , my friend told me that she can see blood dippin from the bottom of the chair, at the moment i got up and to the nurse office, which was two building from the school, but trust me, the boys in my class helped me count my period for the next 9 months,

2 Likes

Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by Gold(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2007
whiteroses:

@eezzy i'm so sorry embarassed i wouldnt want to be you that time.

What an embaras , Moment,

I am waiting for my friend to come back to the Country, so that we can laugh it off together before I can posibly keep this out of my mind.

He called my from (Oyinbo Man's Country) that he needed some stuffs, and I had to packaged it through an Agency Firm at Balogun in Lagos Island.

The place (Agency Firm) was actually very close to my office, therefore on that faithful Monday afternoon, I took a bike from my office at Broad street straight to the place, the bike man did a very nice job in quickly locating the place, I paid him, while I was waiting to get the change from him, (as usual there were several buses loaded in and out with Good) while a woman selling Rice was trying to walk across one of the load on one of the buses fell and landed on the rice seller the woman fell with the pot of soup.

Every thing poured on me from head to toes, you can imagine the loud roar of laughters, few people ran to me with water some with bottles of coke to get my face clean.

It was only after 30 minutes that i understood what happen, and I closed from there.

1 Like

Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by sylvao2000(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2007
l have a very short and funny story to talk about but that will be tomorrow ok because am very tired have being working all day hhhhhhhh bye
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by finemocha(f): 5:19am On Oct 09, 2007
O, this actually happened to me a couple of months ago. i am in med school so everyday we have to wear professional outfits. But on tuesdays when we have lecture days we can basically wear whatever we want. so on this beautiful, rainy, slippery day i decided to wear these cute wedges that i purchased while on vacation, now whenever i decide to walk to the hospital for classes, u know people stare and admire, so of course that makes my head grow so big that i can't even fit it through the door. but on this glorious morning, i felt i was looking xtra cute and sexy. so here i am cat walking my stupid ass on the streets and all these guys are staring and tryin to get my attention. now im totally feeling on top of the world as usual, then next thing i noticed, the floor just gave away underneath me.
Now mind u it was rather grey but of course i had on my huge ass prada sunglasses, and hmm funny enough they hindered my vision so apparently i didnt notice the narrow but deep ditch right in front of me, and guess what. i fell right in (NO I DIDNT FALL, I PLUMMETED). It was such a bad fall that i couldnt even redeem myself by pulling off one of those matrix moves to make it look like i planned the fall. NOw falling on my ass hurt sooooo much and then these guys went from admiring me to laughing their freaking buts off. i was sooooooo embarassed, i couldnt even run the rest of the way to school i had to hop my bruised ass and ego all the way to class. so now i just have my friends pick me up whenever i get the urge to wear high, dangerous footwear.
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by eezzy(f): 6:31am On Oct 09, 2007
dupebaby:

i myself do have a story to tell, i think i was 16 when it happens but anyway, i was expecting my period to start but it never did, so i decide to go to class the following days with pads or nothing , at 8:00am i start feeling something in my underwear, i try to get up but i don;t want to since i was sitting in front of the class, and there were more boys than girls, the teacher knew what was wrong but i can;t tell him since he is a guy.later on , my friend told me that she can see blood dippin from the bottom of the chair, at the moment i got up and to the nurse office, which was two building from the school, but trust me, the boys in my class helped me count my period for the next 9 months,

embarassed embarassed Gosh! So sorry sister, that was totally eeek!
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by oyinyechi(f): 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2007
eeh ya sanu ko!
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by TruAkebaje(f): 9:37am On Apr 29, 2011
dupebaby:

i myself do have a story to tell, i think i was 16 when it happens but anyway, i was expecting my period to start but it never did, so i decide to go to class the following days with pads or nothing , at 8:00am i start feeling something in my underwear, i try to get up but i don;t want to since i was sitting in front of the class, and there were more boys than girls, the teacher knew wat was wrong but i can;t tell him since he is a guy.later on , my friend told me that she can see blood dippin from the bottom of the chair, at the moment i got up and to the nurse office, which was two building from the school, but trust me, the boys in my class helped me count my period for the next 9 months,

My goodness, I'm so sorry! this was the fear of every schoolgirl back then. Kai, i feel for you o, kpele,
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by maclatunji: 10:40am On Apr 29, 2011
dupebaby:

But you say you are Male in your profile
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by Ishilove: 11:09am On Apr 30, 2011
I have SEVERAL painfully embarassing moments but there are 2 incidents in particular that stand out in my portfolio of embarassing moments
The first was in 2006. I had gone to Afe Babalola Auditorium in UniLag to attend the BLW Christmas Carol show. Now my eyes are myopic,so i use realy thick nerdy lenses. That memorable evening,i didnt want to wear my nerdy glasses becos of all the cute guys that were going to be in attendance so i took off my glasses at the entrance of the hall,put them in their case,straightened my hair and walked confidently in2 the hall. I had barely taken a few steps when i fell with a thunderous crash. Apparently there was a little stair that descended in2 the hall but owing to my weak sight i hadn't seen it. Infact my people,i fall yakata like small pikin. The crash was so loud that the packed hall fell silent. All eyes on me. I was so stunned that i lay supine for a couple of seconds b4 i felt soft hands lifting me. I looked up to behold my elder sister lifting me while struggling to keep from laughing. "Ishi why didnt u wear your glasses?",she asked me,but i was in too much pain and shock to answer. Lo,the said glasses were a few feet away from me where it had fallen out of my bag. I limped shamefacedly to the nearest seat while the hall reveberated with laughter. Of course the rest of the evening was ruined for me and i couldnt enjoy the show.
Fast forward 2yrs to 2008. I had attended a Valentine Day's youth programme in my church with a friend. A contest called "Miss take home Mama" was part of the programme. I am rather homely in appearance but somehow somehow i was picked and i found myself on stage. Now the winner of the contest will be picked by the crowd and we were four girls on stage. The other girls had a fair amount votes,but when it got to my turn, only THREE people in a crowd of close to a THOUSAND voted for me,and the three people consisted of my frend i came with and the pair of twins who were sitting next to us. I was so embarassed,i wished i could just shrink and disappear from the stage. Even as i type i still cringe from the mortifying memory
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by Ishilove: 11:10am On Apr 30, 2011
I have SEVERAL painfully embarassing moments but there are 2 incidents in particular that stand out in my portfolio of embarassing moments
The first was in 2006. I had gone to Afe Babalola Auditorium in UniLag to attend the BLW Christmas Carol show. Now my eyes are myopic,so i use realy thick nerdy lenses. That memorable evening,i didnt want to wear my nerdy glasses becos of all the cute guys that were going to be in attendance so i took off my glasses at the entrance of the hall,put them in their case,straightened my hair and walked confidently in2 the hall. I had barely taken a few steps when i fell with a thunderous crash. Apparently there was a little stair that descended in2 the hall but owing to my weak sight i hadn't seen it. Infact my people,i fall yakata like small pikin. The crash was so loud that the packed hall fell silent. All eyes on me. I was so stunned that i lay supine for a couple of seconds b4 i felt soft hands lifting me. I looked up to behold my elder sister lifting me while struggling to keep from laughing. "Ishi why didnt u wear your glasses?",she asked me,but i was in too much pain and shock to answer. Lo,the said glasses were a few feet away from me where it had fallen out of my bag. I limped shamefacedly to the nearest seat while the hall reveberated with laughter. Of course the rest of the evening was ruined for me and i couldnt enjoy the show.
Fast forward 2yrs to 2008. I had attended a Valentine Day's youth programme in my church with a friend. A contest called "Miss take home Mama" was part of the programme. I am rather homely in appearance but somehow somehow i was picked and i found myself on stage. Now the winner of the contest will be picked by the crowd and we were four girls on stage. The other girls had a fair amount votes,but when it got to my turn, only THREE people in a crowd of close to a THOUSAND voted for me,and the three people consisted of my frend i came with and the pair of twins who were sitting next to us. I was so embarassed,i wished i could just shrink and disappear from the stage. Even as i type i still cringe from the mortifying memory
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by beejaei: 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ishilove:

You actually look good. Those 1000 people no sabi better thing.
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by Fhemmmy: 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
What is embarrassing in that?
Now that you know how you feel, then, hit the gym
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by Ishilove: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2011
beejaei:

You actually look good. Those 1000 people no sabi better thing.
Thank u jare. Don't mind those people,they need glasses
Re: My Most Embarrassing Moment! by AlvanT(m): 12:35am On May 24, 2017
Ishilove:
Oh Mistress if I had known I would have marched the peasants and villagers down to the arena,what pooh!!! I wouldn't mind them walking several leagues for you my Queen to turn the lots in thy favour.Pardon me your highness,thy noble desires are my command.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Silent Pain Of Fathers / The Best Wedding Invitation Card ? / Inter Ethnic Marriages Can Be Very Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.