Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Yoruba Group Demands Secession, Calls On Un To Conduct Referendum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Group Demands Secession, Calls On Un To Conduct Referendum (4148 Views)

Tribunal Cancels The Election Of Nyesome Wike, INEC To Conduct Fresh Election / Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive / Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Yoruba Group Demands Secession, Calls On Un To Conduct Referendum by Nadanbata: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2012
This will never ever happen until either there is revolution in Nigeria or you vote PDP out of office. Simple as that.
Re: Yoruba Group Demands Secession, Calls On Un To Conduct Referendum by Onlytruth(m): 7:22am On Jan 02, 2012
PointB:

Igbos have been on the forefront of the secession march for a very long time. We shall continue pushing for it regardless of what Yoruba does. When our objective matches and interest matches we will cooperate. But putting our hope or aspiration in a Yoruba group - a nondescript one at that - might actually look like a desperate move. i don't particularly 'trust' this move even though I support it.

I totally agree. I also believe that Nigeria being a weird place, you never know when something serious may be brewing. Do I believe that Yorubas would unilaterally lead a secession like Igbos? I HIGHLY doubt that of course. lol

Nadanbata:

This will never ever happen until either there is revolution in Nigeria or you vote PDP out of office. Simple as that.

I sort of agree on the bolded too.
Re: Yoruba Group Demands Secession, Calls On Un To Conduct Referendum by JamesDoe: 7:35am On Jan 02, 2012
Around 90% of the posts on this thread are from accounts that appear to be "non-Yoruba".

There is also a significantly negative or derogatory bias in the posts made by those "90% accounts".

This is what happens when people just can't get a life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RSIEC Announces Election Dates In Rivers State. / BOKO HARAM!!! 3 Chad Soldiers, 123 Boko Haram Militants Killed In Cameroon / Ekweremadu: Igbos To Lose SGF Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.