Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? (12363 Views)

Where Are The Buses GEJ Promised Us After Subsidy Protest? / Subsidy Protest Was Staged - Jonathan / Nigerians In The Uk Cleared For Fuel Subsidy Protest On Friday 6th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by mukina2: 11:00am On Jan 03, 2012
AbangMercy Abang Mercy
RT "@KenOliko: Young people mobilize to join the #FuelSubsidy protest in Ibadan - yfrog.com/es8jxmij"
http://twitter.com/AbangMercy/status/154131026225012736

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg532/scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=8jxmi.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by dmainboss: 11:07am On Jan 03, 2012
Is this a joke or what? Is this the kind of protest that will change government's decision? Look, naija people. If you want to protest, you better come out your houses and stop watching Legend  of the seeker and prison break and go to the streets with 3 days food and water supply in your bag. If you know you aint ready for that, then go out there and buy the fuel with a smile on your face. Lets make up our mind and not be deceiving ourselves. Shiooor!

Just imagine what you call protest. A group of maybe yahoo boys? and they even get swag sef.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by ify4king(m): 11:09am On Jan 03, 2012
Very good, I wish Abj citizens will mobilize and do same!
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by dmainboss: 11:12am On Jan 03, 2012
ify4king:

Very good, I wish Abj citizens will mobilize and do same!

What is very good there? You are sitting on your desk typing and talking yamayama on NL and saying a picture of 15 yahoo boys on the streets of Ibadan is very good. If you want the government to take you serious, you better come out your houses and do a proper protest. You are deceiving yourself
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by freecocoa(f): 11:13am On Jan 03, 2012
Dmainboss, Guy you funny sha.

@Topic,this kind protest get comma sha.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by stepo707: 11:15am On Jan 03, 2012
dmainboss:

Is this a joke or what? Is this the kind of protest that will change government's decision? Look, naija people. If you want to protest, you better come out your houses and stop watching Legend  of the seeker and prison break and go to the streets with 3 days food and water supply in your bag. If you know you aint ready for that, then go out there and buy the fuel with a smile on your face. Lets make up our mind and not be deceiving ourselves. Shiooor!

Just imagine what you call protest. A group of maybe yahoo boys? and they even get swag sef.
LOL at the bolded.This kind of protest would not change shit
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Demdem(m): 11:21am On Jan 03, 2012
mukina2:

http://twitter.com/AbangMercy/status/154131026225012736

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg532/scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=8jxmi.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

This picture shows how impoverished the Nigerian masses are. They cant even afford 20naira cardboard to write upon for better clarity yet the govt still want to take the little they have. So unfortunate.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Afam4eva(m): 11:28am On Jan 03, 2012
Haba, no be this kain protest go change Nigeria now.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by dmainboss: 11:30am On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

This picture shows how impoverished the Nigerian masses are. They cant even afford 20naira cardboard to write upon for better clarity yet the govt still want to take the little they have. So unfortunate.

Who told you these boys cant afford N20 cardboard? Cant you see what they are wearing? Cant you see their skins? These are typical chop up boys. That light brown canvas/trekkers to your right is at least 8k. What the heck are you talking about? The guy to your left is wearing designer glasses. The guy leading them is wearing an original BYC underwear. You no see as the thing dey white?. Thats 1.2k. Very poor people dont wear underwear? I am sure they all have bb there. Please lets protest if we must, but lets stop making a joke of these issues
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by mukina2: 11:31am On Jan 03, 2012
Blocking the speaker of the State House of Rep #ibadan #CutGovtWaste #occupyNigeria this is gettn, yfrog.com/odiw2clxj
[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg877/scaled.php?tn=0&server=877&filename=iw2clx.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by kruku: 11:32am On Jan 03, 2012
we should do this now and avoid the marshal music!
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Demdem(m): 11:34am On Jan 03, 2012
dmainboss:

Who told you these boys cant afford N20 cardboard? Cant you see what they are wearing? Cant you see their skins? These are typical chop up boys. That light brown canvas/trekkers to your right is at least 8k. What the heck are you talking about? The guy to your left is wearing designer glasses. The guy leading them is wearing an original BYC underwear. You no see as the thing dey white?. Thats 1.2k. Very poor people dont wear underwear? I am sure they all have bb there. Please lets protest if we must, but lets stop making a joke of these issues

who are u deceiving. u are not supporting these protests instead u are for the subsidy removal now and a confirmed retarden asss suucker. we know ur kind. The truth of the matter is the vast majority of the population simply cant afford this draconian policy.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by akinmusi(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2012
There is always fear naw.
You should know the core naija mentality- who wan die?
Even wey yah mama go dey tell you say, " mo omo eni ti iwo n se".
I beg I go dey watch Yoruba films, not season films oo. LOL.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by digi101(m): 11:36am On Jan 03, 2012
I've been across ibadan this morning Challenge-bashorun-bodija-sango-ui-ojo  and i can categorically state ibadan is calm and everyone is going about there business. The few "swag protester" that were pictured above i heard on the news were easily dispersed with tear gas by the police.
We need the labour unions to kickstart a massive protest that will get noticed. A good one would be getting tankers to strategically park starting under the bridge from toll gate at the ibadan end and also the flyover into challenge. With that kind of obstruction you can cause some massive gridlock within ibadan and traffic passing into the interland of the nation. But alas even organized labour seems to be lacking leadership sad embarassed
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by doctokwus: 11:37am On Jan 03, 2012
That's how it starts,are u expecting d whole state to erupt in mass frenzy,just wait b4 evening when word wud av gone round of protests in other states,d crowd wud av swelled tremendously.
I evn prefer this citizens driven type than waiting for d NLC,who I humbly think are compromised,imagine them waiting till tomorrow to take a stance when d horrendous effects av started biting hard,viz,people who travelled being stranded due to astronomical rise in fares,prices of fud stuffs hitting d roof,workers that can't afford to go to work,etc.
This may end up being a landmark protest,unless nigerians behave true to type& fatigue sooner than later
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Demdem(m): 11:40am On Jan 03, 2012
digi101:

I've been across ibadan this morning Challenge-bashorun-bodija-sango-ui-ojo  and i can categorically state ibadan is calm and everyone is going about there business. The few "swag protester" that were pictured above i heard on the news were easily dispersed with tear gas by the police.
We need the labour unions to kickstart a massive protest that will get noticed. A good one would be getting tankers to strategically park starting under the bridge from toll gate at the ibadan end and also the flyover into challenge. With that kind of obstruction you can cause some massive gridlock within ibadan and traffic passing into the interland of the nation. But alas even organized labour seems to be lacking leadership sad embarassed

U alone this morning. its obvious u have enough fuel. take am easy ooo.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Ayoobscom(m): 11:42am On Jan 03, 2012
Somebody is turning a serious issue into a laughing matter by the time the fuel in your generator is finished and you cannot refill your fuel tank we will have no more of your comics making on this serrious issue,

Although they should have bought placards instead of indomie cartons--them still want add join this penury
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by deandavid(m): 11:49am On Jan 03, 2012
a frustrated unemployd Tunisian
graduate commited suicide by settin fire
himsef using petrol on 17th Dec 2010, he
probably didnt knw his death was a
singular action dat wud initiate massiv
chains of revolution across d arab nations of Tunisia, Egypt, &Lybia.
Truout dis countries, citizenz mobilized
demselvz n occupied ȡ streets 2protest
i̅ƞ anger, resilience, n courage, for days
till dey succeded i̅ƞ forcin ∂iä dictator
leaders out of power thus lettin i̅ƞ a fresh wind of change.
Today, petrol sells for 141 naira/litre i̅ƞ
Nigeria( a country richer but wit a worse
economy dan any of ȡ aformentioned
nations). Funnily enof, our youths choose
2laugh Ãήϑ mk jokes abt an issue of such magnitude, both ∂iä mobile
(blackberry) phones &online web pages
(facebook n twitter) by circulating
images Ãήϑ texts D̶̲̥̅̊åt only portray how
cowardly, lazy and unconcerned we are
abt our future. LETS EMULATE OUR MATES IN EGYPT, let's ask dem how dey used
τ̅hξ media n social networking sites 2
awake frm dia slumber n kick τ̅hξ tyrants
amongst dem out.
PLEASE, IF U LOVE NIGERIA beyond mere
words, JOIN US IN THIS REVOLUTION 2morow (Jan 3) by 8a.m at τ̅hξ following
converging venues:
LAGOS (NLC Council 29 Olajuwon Str.
Yaba)
PH (12 Igboukwu Street, D/Line, PH)
IBADAN (Mokola, i̅ƞ front of Tanties, 9 a.m)
ENUGU (No 1, works road, by onitsha rd 9
a.m)
MAKURDI (Woodland Park, 10 a.m)
GOMBE ( Emir's palace 9 a.m)
ABUJA (Labour headquaters 8 a.m) AKWA (5, Udoka Housin Estate)
Pls if ǜ ar outside any of dis areas, we
assure u ∂iä ar already plans for protests
i̅ƞ ur zone, locate Ãήϑ join dem, or
better still mobilize people).
NB: KINDLY REBROADCAST dis message as soon as ǜ get it, there are rumours that
to forestall protests tomorrow, BIS
services will be shut down by service
providers (†☹ be ordered by
government). If that happens, text or call
07003200882. COALITION FOR A NEW NIGERIA
(Enough is Enough). Thanks.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by NGNFuture: 11:52am On Jan 03, 2012
We need to come out enmass to fight this injustice to the Nigerian Masses.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by deandavid(m): 11:53am On Jan 03, 2012
sumtin dat suprises me is d police, r dy nt affectd? Y ll dy disperse protestr?
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by dmainboss: 11:55am On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

who are u deceiving. u are not supporting these protests instead u are for the subsidy removal now and a confirmed retarden asss suucker. we know your kind. The truth of the matter is the vast majority of the population simply cant afford this draconian policy.

You are talking poo again. Many Nigerians are in support of removal. What is not clear to many is how it should be done. So whether I support subsidy removal or not is not important. If I support GEJ, it doesnt mean I will blindly support every policy he makes. I am not like ACN supporters who blindly support Tinubu and fashola. If there must be a protest, let there be a protest and lets stop deceiving ourselves. If the Nigerian people unanimously come out to say they dont want it and go on the streets, I will support them 110%. I dont talk from both sides of the mouth like you. I tell you as it is and lay bare my mind.

Ayoobscom:

Somebody is turning a serious issue into a laughing matter by the time the fuel in your generator is finished and you cannot refill your fuel tank we will have no more of your comics making on this serrious issue,

Although they should have bought placards instead of indomie cartons--them still want add join this penury

Nobody is turning it into a laughing matter. The picture posted above is a joke. Did you not watch the Arab Spring? We cannot sit in our houses and be protesting and typing on our laptops. I was very active in the 1994 June 12 riots where we turned Benin upside down. So I know what I am saying. unfortunately, The only people that can do sustained protest effectively are students and the schools are on strike. Even when the school are back in session, the mindset has so changed that students no longer protest. Imagine LASU students could not even tackle Lagos state government. If it was back in Uniben in those days it happened, Fashola would have run out of Lagos. If you want to protest, come out. Even if you are not in Naija, go to the Naija embassy in the country where you reside and do your bit
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by digi101(m): 11:56am On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

U alone this morning. its obvious u have enough fuel. take am easy ooo.

cool tongue - Yes o. Thats the beauty of buying a car for its efficiency and economy! The whole trip cost me around 1.5L, N210

Back to the issue. Update: It would seem the Student Union Government of UI is at the forefront of the protest  (my kudos to them). They just passed by agbowo right now with 5 security patrol teams on there tail. Hoping organised labour can get there acts together. NURTW has effectively been divided and subdued to be able to be effective in this issue
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by dmainboss: 11:58am On Jan 03, 2012
Have you seen how many cartoons and jokes that have been coined out of the fuel subsidy matter? Shows you how Nigerians think.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by akinmusi(m): 12:02pm On Jan 03, 2012
Fuel Subsidy Removal Ikorudu Road LockDown, :Reports emanating from eye witnesses says there has been a Violent Protests Ikorodu Road which has lead 2 d lock down of d road from fadeyi 2 maryland, BRT buses Aπϑ Petrol Tankers have been used inorder 2 keep motorist of d Road while several motorist Aπϑ pedestrians have been left stranded .d Road, Witnesses also say that †ђξ Nigerian Police are already been mobilised to intervene.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Demdem(m): 12:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
dmainboss:

You are talking poo again. Many Nigerians are in support of removal. What is not clear to many is how it should be done. So whether I support subsidy removal or not is not important. If there must be a protest, let there be a protest and lets stop deceiving ourselves. If the Nigerian people unanimously come out to say they dont want it and go on the streets, I will support them 110%. I dont talk from both sides of the mouth like you. I tell you as it is and lay bare my mind.

Of cos many want the fuel subsidy to go including me but very few and apologist like u may be confused about how it should be done. we have discussed this several times on this forum so am not in for that now. support the guys on the field now, that is the issue on ground now

PH here is just so quiet, peeps are complaining but no one seems to be coming out to join forces with me. so unfortunate.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by dmainboss: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Demdem:

Of cos many want the fuel subsidy to go including me but very few and apologist like u may be confused about how it should be done. we have discussed this several times on this forum so am not in for that now. support the guys on the field now, that is the issue on ground now

PH here is just so quiet, peeps are complaining but no one seems to be coming out to join forces with me. so unfortunate.

Which guys on the street? I cant see any except boys playing football and waiting for this afternoon premier league matches. And you are obviously here typing on NL. How can they join forces with you? Are you matrix? cheesy
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by muami(m): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2012
If NLC wants us to believe that they have all the answers to Nigeria's problems, then I think the best example they can provide is to show us the wonders that Adams Oshiomole has performed in Edo state. Otherwise, they should keep quiet!
By the way, all the so called protests are in ACN controlled states so we know it is political and would not last
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Demdem(m): 12:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
mukina2:

[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg877/scaled.php?tn=0&server=877&filename=iw2clx.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640[/img]

ode, those guys on the field in Ibadan above seems to be playing football eh?
i said nothing is going on in PH where i am currently.

dmainboss:

Which guys on the street? I cant see any except boys playing football and waiting for this afternoon premier league matches. And you are obviously here typing on NL. How can they join forces with you? Are you matrix? cheesy
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by freecocoa(f): 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
This Dmainboss guy is really a character.
How did you know how much what those dudes are wearing costs? For all you know it could be ABA made,ABA makes it hard to identify original these days.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by kay: 12:23pm On Jan 03, 2012
dmainboss, sorry but you're missing the whole point. Let's assume that these guys in the picture really have BB, wear designer shoes and glasses and probably have DVDs at home that they can use to watch prisonbreak and Legend of the seeker. All the above presupposes that they probably will be able to afford the increase in fuel prices and its attendant effects. But still, they chose to come out to demonstrate against an unfair fuel price regime. The fact that their kind can come out shows that this protest is not going to be like other protests in Nigeria. Its a protest by all, not protest by the rich alone or the poor alone.

dmainboss, have you ever seen a protest break out spontaneously in Nigeria like this?  People are not even waiting for organised labour before taking to the streets. And I tell you, this is only day one. This is a protest that is going to engulf the whole of Nigeria. I only pity Uncle Jonathan( the  coward that he is) because by the time Nigerians unleash the full force of their fury on him in the days to come, he will realise that BokoHaram is just Child's play
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
kay:

dmainboss, sorry but you're missing the whole point. Let's assume that these guys in the picture really have BB, wear designer shoes and glasses and probably have DVDs at home that they can use to watch prisonbreak and Legend of the seeker. All the above presupposes that they probably will be able to afford the increase in fuel prices and its attendant effects. But still, they chose to come out to demonstrate against an unfair fuel price regime. The fact that their kind can come out shows that this protest is not going to be like other protests in Nigeria. Its a protest by all, not protest by the rich alone or the poor alone.

dmainboss, have you ever seen a protest break out spontaneously in Nigeria like this?  People are not even waiting for organised labour before taking to the streets. And I tell you, this is only day one. This is a protest that is going to engulf the whole of Nigeria. I only pity Uncle Jonathan( the  coward that he is) because by the time Nigerians unleash the full force of their fury on him in the days to come, he will realise that BokoHaram is just Child's play

There are higher priorities here.Ignore that fruitcake.
Re: Another Fuel Subsidy Protest In Ibadan? by dmainboss: 12:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
kay:

My friend, I was a member of students union in school. I know what it is to protest. I am not against the protest. I just think we are a bunch of jokers in Nigeria. I will tell you a short story. In 1994, in one the June twelve riots in school, I pulled out. Why? The night before the riots as we were busy strategising, some NGOs and prominent Nigerians came from Lagos and paid some students union boys to go destroy houses of prominent Nigerians. I am a man of principles. In as much as I want to protest, I believe that any disent not based on honest principles will fail. Even if such protests succeed, the result of the protest might be worse than before. I know what I am saying. If we really want to protest, let us come out and we shouldnt just shout fuel subsidy alone, NASS and all other stuff pulling Naija down must be hard hit. Starting from your state government up to the FG. There is no spontaneous protest breaking out anywhere. I would actually like to see that, but it aint happening yet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa Most Fiscally Stable Nigerian States- Fiscal Index / Sokoto: Wamakko Set To Receive 4 Serving PDP Commissioners To APC / No Immediate Plan To Ban Almajiri System — Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.