Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,242 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

The Government And The Oil Companies Have Been Greedy In The Nigerdelta - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Government And The Oil Companies Have Been Greedy In The Nigerdelta (1091 Views)

Does Canadian Universities &oil Companies Offers Internship To Masters Students / Panic In The Oil Rig As Crew Change For Some Workers Will Take Place / Greedy' Eaters Banned From All-you-can-eat Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Government And The Oil Companies Have Been Greedy In The Nigerdelta by kinjhorghe(m): 3:53am On Mar 15, 2006
It sadens my heart when i behold what the youths in the NigerDelta has been forced to become. I lay all the blames on the govt and the oil companies operating there, imagine a situation where applicants are being asked for unimagineble years of experience. HOW does one gain experience without being given the opportunity ?   sad  That is just an excuse to employ the old thieves and their so called expatriates. The govt on their own part shout over the loud speakers that they give derivations and allocations to the governors in the south-south knowing fully well that public servants in this country are all corrupt with a few exception of people like Dora. Why not provide the basic amenities as Federal govt projects, for example, provide portable water,tar major roads, build low cost estates, build good classrooms. It is a gradual process,if the govt had wanted to do these things they would have been able to achieve these and more in the past 7years but no they have been too busy enriching themselves at the expense of the geese that lays the golden egg.
Now the boys have decided to take their birth rights by force, though not a very nice approach but they are out in full force. God help us all if dialogue is not embraced. Pls  add ur comments.
          Thakns; King Jhorghe
Re: The Government And The Oil Companies Have Been Greedy In The Nigerdelta by Hunter(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2006
Interesting theory but i'm not sure I agree with you.
Most of the exptriates are there to teach Nigerian's how to do the job rather than do it for them, as its much cheaper for the oil companies to have a local person there than an expatriate.

Another thing, they can't say that they're their birthrights on one hand and on the other accept money for it.
It's one or the other.

(1) (Reply)

Last Holiday: What If You Have Three Weeks To Live? / China Tour '08 / help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.