Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,008 members, 7,852,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:10 PM

National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live (26760 Views)

Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / Sanusi - 'Tired Of National Assembly Summons ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:22pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

Nigeria is almost depleting our reserve as we speak and we will not take loans to fund subsidy.
Look Mr, Obasanjo funded the subsidy and Nigeria did not go broke! Yar'dua funded the subsidy and Nigeria did not go broke! Why were these ex-president able to fund subsidy within the appropriated fund of N390bn and GEJ could not do same? Has oil prices increased astronomically since 2008 peaks? Has Nigeria consumption increased astronomically since 2008 peaks?

We know who is deceiving who. If the nation is broke then GEJ should not renovate the state house with a whooping $3.5million !!,

Look the time for talk is over, we are action mode activitated, battle ready to carry the day!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2012
Who go buy fuel for the buses??
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2012
@Isrealbabs

OBJ and IBB boys. If they mention names, Nigerians will call for their heads and entire polity will be chaos. Those Cabals bankrolled most of those in Parliament. In essence, Jonathan can be impeached. Those Cabals members' acct is richer than Nigeria as we speak.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Onyiip(f): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2012
Des honorables are just blabbing. Y are dey making noise instead of listenin 2 one anoda
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by jacobs123(m): 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2012
Please how much did these buses cost and who bought them? Furthermore, where did the money for the buses come from since it's not in 2012 budget and also not in the Subsidy reinvestment programme to be managed by CHRIS KOLADE.

my estimate is that the buses would have cost a minimum of 32 billion at a conservative cost of 20Million for one.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 08, 2012
@studyineuWho go buy fuel for the buses??
[quote][/quote]

The Buses are on Revolving credit facility on zero pct interest rate.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

Its a very good policy indeed! Nice!
ha ha,  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, 2 buses per local government?, Do you know how many BRT buses currently ply one local government in Lagos , Guess you haven't drank your Sapele garri yet  
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by yampoo(m): 5:25pm On Jan 08, 2012
Are u guy following the prayers,I no trust this Reps o.Dem fit pass motion in removal of subsidy.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by AjanleKoko: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2012
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin grin Are these the best we could elect in Nigeria? this so macabre i can only  laugh

Actually this is one of the saddest days of my life.
What a disgusting nation I belong to. A nation of greedy, worthless cretins.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 08, 2012
jacobs123:

Please how much did these buses cost and who bought them? Furthermore, where did the money for the buses come from since it's not in 2012 budget and also not in the Subsidy reinvestment programme to be managed by CHRIS KOLADE.

my estimate is that the buses would have cost a minimum of 32 billion at a conservative cost of 20Million for one.
Ministry of Trade established a revolving credit scheme for those buses, its not a free gift, they will be managed by the ministry
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by ceejayluv(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

All the Reps supporting subsidy removal speak intelligently. It therefore means removal of subsidy is an intelligent decision.
studyineu:

@ekwah. E no concern you. I can't stand de shame of other countries company like shell taking our oil out refine it take their share abd cones back and tell us the price to buy from them. Our own oil imagine. Since nigeria is broke let GEJ remove subsidy and build refineries here if they will be faithful to their word. They have my support
Make una take 2 - 2 bottles 4 my head,
Fuel subsidy is dead and gone!! Nigerians should channel the protests to ensuring 50% slash in Nass entitlements and speedy improvement of infrastructure with the money saved!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2012
yampoo:

Are u guy following the prayers,I no trust this Reps o.Dem fit pass motion in removal of subsidy.
Thats the best decision at our national stage. There is no going back
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:27pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

@studyineuWho go buy fuel for the buses??

The Buses are on Revolving credit facility on zero pct interest rate.
The question was not who bought the buses and how much, the question is, who will buy/pay for the fuel use by the buses
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by bright007(f): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2012
The jonathan led administration is failure bound to happen.One major problem about him is that he is very hasty in decision making.He doesn't look before he leaps.
I think he is incapable of ruling this country.A vote of no confidence should be passed on him.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

The question was not who bought the buses and how much,  the question is, who will buy/pay for the fuel use by the buses
The transporters
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
From this debt, it is clear that GEJ no longer has the confidence of Nigerians and their representatives, and a vote of no confidence should follow this debate!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

The transporters
No your argument fails!!, so you buy buses for transporters who in turn buy fuel at N141 or more and then carry passengers for how much N50 ??
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2012
bright007:

The �jonathan led administration is failure bound to happen.One major problem about him is that he is very hasty in decision making.He doesn't look before he leaps.
I think he is incapable of ruling this country.A vote of no confidence should be passed on him.
He is not hasty. We have the best brain as Economic Team; Jonathan is implementing their recommendation for our future growth. He decided to answer the bad name for your future to be better
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by scopusng(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
I just noticed that the speaker is working against the Nigerian ppl.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:31pm On Jan 08, 2012
bright007:

The �jonathan led administration is failure bound to happen.One major problem about him is that he is very hasty in decision making.He doesn't look before he leaps.
Wrong, GEJ himself admitted that He is slow at taking decisions because He did not want to make serious mistake ,  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

He is not hasty. We have the best brain as Economic Team; Jonathan is implementing their recommendation for our future growth. He decided to answer the bad name for your future to be better
Which bad name?, feeding himself with N1.2billion a year is a good name abi
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

No your argument fails!!,  so you buy buses for transporters who in turn buy fuel at N141 or more and then carry passengers for how much N50 ??
Not really. Remember that Subsidy removal is 100% or thereabout, increament but transporters are charging about 300% in transport fares , these buses will stabilize the price to a norm
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by ceejay80s(m): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
LAUNCHING OF THE MASS TRANSIT BUSES BY THE PRESIDENT "BOM"BADLUCK ODECHUKWU MUMUNATHAN
E don award contract of buses and dem don chop from inside the money, i wonder how 150million nigerians go enter his 1600 buses,which road for lagos these buses go pass,with all these holdups, abi the molue dey fly? Nice strategy by mr president by cutting only his basic salary and awarding contracts of purchasing buses, e go gain his money back. Please carry ur molue, we are not interested.

Boko haram supose go bomb dat eagle square now now as e dey do the launching
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by bandely(m): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2012
Beaf:

Its a very good policy indeed! Nice!
Finally!  grin grin grin
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by kokoA(m): 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
These foools are just playing joor! embarassed
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 08, 2012
ceejay80s:

LAUNCHING OF THE MASS TRANSIT BUSES BY THE PRESIDENT "BOM"BADLUCK ODECHUKWU MUMUNATHAN
E don award contract of buses and dem don chop from inside the money, i wonder how 150million nigerians go enter his 1600 buses,which road for lagos these buses go pass,with all these holdups, abi the molue dey fly? Nice strategy by mr president by cutting only his basic salary and awarding contracts of purchasing buses, e go gain his money back. Please carry your molue, we are not interested.

Boko haram supose go bomb dat eagle square now now as e dey do the launching

You are physically upset, emotions block the creative faculties
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by 27naira(m): 5:35pm On Jan 08, 2012
The Senate session is such a joke.

Its all childish. I pity Nigerians
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by vladimiros: 5:35pm On Jan 08, 2012

how much were you paid to spit this bull$hit?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by yungboss(m): 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
who's watching the joke on TV, they are just joking, laughing chewing gum so casually, an issue as serious as this would never be handled this way in the UK parliament,

and i just observed that comments in favor of fuel subsidy are failing to thrive, lets be watching
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Which bad name?,  feeding himself with N1.2billion a year is a good name abi
Not really, the 1b or there about is for presidency and remember we receive a lot of visiting head of states and entourages, the feeding is not just for GEJ, Haba, we should asking for details
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nadkaf: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
They refused to back a proposal to prosecute those who have abused previous subsidy allocations?? WOw! And you tell me they have our best interest at heart? Wow!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 08, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Actually this is one of the saddest days of my life.
What a disgusting nation I belong to. A nation of greedy, worthless cretins.

Bros, I'm just as sad; 'b'oro ba'jekun lo, erin laa rin'  cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ekiti Workers Give Fayose 14-day Ultimatum To Clear Unpaid Salaries / Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli / Northern Forces Plot For 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.