Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live (26751 Views)

Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / Sanusi - 'Tired Of National Assembly Summons ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 4:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
so many confused people
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by rosoty(f): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
This has taken a sectional direction. Most house of rep members from the south-south are supporting removal of subsidy
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by VoodooDoll(m): 4:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
Not all South-South, I think I have seen a few that were against the removal of subsidy.

It is sad that the arguments for and against have been filled with speculation and all sorts of innuendo. No hard facts.

Remove House Of Assembly Subsidy Now!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
Yea. Is only the north that don't want subsidy to be removed cause of what dey gain frm it
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by gbokukueba(m): 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
You are here talking of debate while Jonah has finished sharing the buses grin
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by jason123: 4:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
rosoty:

This has taken a sectional direction. All south-south house of rep are supporting removal of subsidy

Edo and part of Delta ARE NOT IN SUPPORT! Get it right!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by kokoA(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
GEJ please tell us oooo WHO ARE THE CABALS?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by aljharem(m): 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
rosoty:

This has taken a sectional direction. Most house of rep members from the south-south are supporting removal of subsidy

yes minus delta central and west, also edo state
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ Muskeeto

Ok I get you. I just hope other Nairalanders will see it as you do. Some people wanna burst out with emotions without adequately accessing the situation. I just hope things turn out good at the end.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
This Akwa Ibom man is a bit composed but he has started confusing himself.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by anonimi: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
ceejayluv:

As long as they have not talked about slashing their obscene salaries and allowances, they are not yet serious on the debate, The economy is at stake here and nobody is giving alternatives to curtail the budget deficit and sundry economic woes- SLASH YOUR ENTITLEMENTS BY 50%!!! then add the savings from subsidy removal. (my opinion)

Let them give specific amounts in millions of naira of how much they will slash from their salaries and allowances AFTER stating how much they earn currently.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by kulutempa: 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
rosoty:

Thank you.  The average Nigerian would support his kinsman even though the same man is robbing him blind.   One of reps from Bayelsa said that there are no Federal roads in Bayelsa.  And guess what?  He still supported Jonathan.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by olapluto(m): 4:53pm On Jan 08, 2012
GEJ brothers not making sense at all. The more they try to defend subsidy removal, the more they expose their ignorance.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Remii(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
studyineu:

Yea. Is only the north that don't want subsidy to be removed cause of what dey gain frm it

you must have joined this discuss late, motion was moved by and supported by southerns, Gbajabiamila and Rotimi  are Yorubas and many Ibos supported the motion too
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by aljharem(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
kulutempa:

Thank you.  The average Nigerian would support his kinsman even though the same man is robbing him blind.   One of reps from Bayelsa said that there are no Federal roads  in Bayelsa.  And guess what?  He still supported Jonathan.

gbammm, too many confused people in nigeria
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by dayokanu(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
No Federal road in Bayelsa, People already buy fuel 300/litre yet what has Goodluck Jonathan in the past 12yrs as Deputy governor, Governor, Vice President and President done about it
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by olapluto(m): 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
'The government CANNOT be lieing'!!! This guy must be a ex-houseboy for GEJ. Rubbish
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by TRUTHTELA: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
From this DEBATE, it is so OBVIOUS that the HAUSA/FULANI (majority) are the ones RUNNING Nigeria, that's very GOOD. If it takes them to REVISE the subsidy, so be it. but, the rest of Nigerians should BURY their head in SHAME.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 4:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
If dem no support GEJ cum back here I go wire dem. We can't betray our own kinsman
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2012
Nairalanders have started again, "southerner", "northerner", do you think the senators' position for/against subsidy is as a result of where they come from? make una chill abeg. Anyways if that is true then it means we are actually being led by lower animals, otherwise make una just chill and remove all these sentiments wey una they attach when posting here. Mtcheew angry
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by thunderboy(m): 4:56pm On Jan 08, 2012
See this people , laughing and talking nonsense and big grammar  angry angry angry People can't buy fuel or even kerosene to cook angry No jobs  angry no roads  angry no security  angry no infrastructure whatsoever  angry Pure water is now 10 naira and this adults can't even maintain orderliness or at least try to look sober angry Who will help poor    Who is feeling the pain of the Poor masses  
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 08, 2012
So Karibu from Bayelsa  is on government side
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by otokx(m): 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
only delta ibos support removal of petrol subsidy the rest deltans are against it.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ studyineu "If dem no support GEJ precipitate back here I go wire dem. We can't betray our own kinsman"

Na your kinsman dey feed you mtcheew angry
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by dayokanu(m): 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
Asita honorable you have spent 4 minutes thanking instead of addressing the issue

Stop this asss kissing of thanking thanking
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by kulutempa: 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2012
Rep Asita Honourable, another Jonathan kinsman on his feet.  It would be nice if all the reps supporting removal of  subsidy can agree to a reduction in their salaries and allowances.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
what is this man asita saying sef? the rest are making fun of him now
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2012
ekwah:

@ Muskeeto

Ok I get you. I[b] just hope other Nairalanders will see it as you do[/b]. Some people wanna burst out with emotions without adequately accessing the situation. I just hope things turn out good at the end.

The highlighted made me read my post again. I meant I'm against Subsidy removal. Sorry abt the mix up.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2012
@ekwah. E no concern you. I can't stand de shame of other countries company like shell taking our oil out refine it take their share abd cones back and tell us the price to buy from them. Our own oil imagine. Since nigeria is broke let GEJ remove subsidy and build refineries here if they will be faithful to their word. They have my support
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by nadkaf: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2012
It is a pity that this is degenerating into a regional tussle on NL. The ND that is being touted as champion; no be their elected members, with all the largesse of extra resources from natural resources, no be dem dey share de money? They have been receiving massive allocations from the centre for years. What have they got to show for it? Bayelsa state, what do you have to show for the large amount of allocation based on the natural resources derived from your land Sam goes for the rest of the oil-producing states!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 08, 2012
I support this man from Kogi
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by kulutempa: 5:05pm On Jan 08, 2012
Some of these reps are no different from  Agberos.  They just come across like bloody ruffians. It just shows the lack of standards in public life that we have in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ / APC Picks Worgu Boms To Replace Victor Giadom / Afenifere: Buhari Is Behaving Like A Dictator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.