Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,886 members, 7,851,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:14 AM

National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live (26755 Views)

Buhari Summons Emergency FEC Meeting On Monday / South East Leaders & Stakeholders' Meeting: Live Update (pics) / Sanusi - 'Tired Of National Assembly Summons ' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by gulfer: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2012
They are already listing out committees. Opportunity to eat more money.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by yampoo(m): 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2012
This Reps are fools,i was expectin them to pass a motion to compel Jonah to reverse the pump to N65.Why are they constituting committees?when the matter is clear.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 08, 2012
nadkaf:

They refused to back a proposal to prosecute those who have abused previous subsidy allocations?? WOw! And you tell me they have our best interest at heart? Wow!!!
You will agree with me that majority of them have been bankrolled.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Onyiip(f): 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
ceejay80s:

LAUNCHING OF THE MASS TRANSIT BUSES BY THE PRESIDENT "BOM"BADLUCK ODECHUKWU MUMUNATHAN
E don award contract of buses and dem don chop from inside the money, i wonder how 150million nigerians go enter his 1600 buses,which road for lagos these buses go pass,with all these holdups, abi the molue dey fly? Nice strategy by mr president by cutting only his basic salary and awarding contracts of purchasing buses, e go gain his money back. Please carry your molue, we are not interested.

Boko haram supose go bomb dat eagle square now now as e dey do the launching

GEJ means dat 100,000 nigerians to a bus.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
yampoo:

This Reps are fools,i was expectin them to pass a motion to compel Jonah to reverse the pump to N65.Why are they constituting committees?when the matter is clear.
Its a democracy my friend, they need to consult and get facts and figures before final decision. But removal stays for good. I pray
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by vladimiros: 5:39pm On Jan 08, 2012
the house voted against investigating corruption in this process

any PDP supporter is officialy  a spastic
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2012
yampoo:

They are the microcosm of our Nigeria State.  You can see why no one needs to consult them for creative growth issues. They are confusionist paid with our oil wealth, I think the strike should be for slashing of their entitlements to pay for subsidy!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by digi101(m): 5:41pm On Jan 08, 2012
How come the amendment proposed to direct the efcc to investigate and prosecute those who perpetrated the supposed fraud through fuel subsidies policy failed? sad angry

That says a lot about these so called lawmakers!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by scopusng(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
I weep for this nation. day light rubbery by the speaker. I laugh in my native language. Heuheuheuheu
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

They are the microcosm of our Nigeria State.  You can see why no one needs to consult them for creative growth issues. They are confusionist paid with our oil wealth, I think the strike should be for slashing of their entitlements to pay for subsidy!!!
If you are not aware, the House of Reps is playing it safe 'cos they have been warned they would be the first target of the #OccupyNigeria as anger move from Fuel Subsidy removal to Government Officials which will still happen anyway!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
Una don see why I dey support subsidy removal. These so called speakers are the ones benefiting from this so called subsidy
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
digi101:

How come the amendment proposed to direct the efcc to investigate and prosecute those who perpetrated the supposed fraud through fuel subsidies policy failed? sad angry

Because those cabals paid of people at the wharf and at the borders. THere is no evidence of the fraud. Its a complex scenerio my friend. The best bet is take away the subsidy and they will invest in Refineries to export the PMS to the West African countries they have ready customers. Trust me on this, there is will refineries springing up here and there in the next 6 months
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:43pm On Jan 08, 2012
digi101:

That is why #OccupyNigeria should not give in now, time for us to clean the slate home and abroad is now!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Hardunnii(f): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

Its a democracy my friend, they need to consult and get facts and figures before final decision. But removal stays for good. I pray
It doesnt matter what u think
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2012
vladimiros:

the house voted against investigating corruption in this process

any PDP supporter is officialy  a spastic

before nko? it's like using a cat  to protect fried fish from rats.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 08, 2012
studyineu:

Una don see why I dey support subsidy removal. These so called speakers are the ones benefiting from this so called subsidy
You are right and you can see the future if you supported removal from time. Nigerians benefited in spoonfuls, Otedola, Mike Adenuga etc are billionaires made from Subsidy. OBJ enriched his yoruba people with this. I am mentioning names and I will mention more.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by yungboss(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
what a pity, NIGERIA! is it that these Reps have bought over or what? i don't understand why they don't see things from a practical point of view. i'm so sad
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

Because those cabals paid of people at the wharf and at the borders. THere is no evidence of the fraud. Its a complex scenerio my friend. The best bet is take away the subsidy and they will invest in Refineries to export the PMS to the West African countries they have ready customers. Trust me on this, there is will refineries springing up here and there in the next 6 months
FYI, had GEJ reformed and strengthen the police, customs and Immigration within the last six months to tackle smuggling across the border, and Nigerians see real results, had He also genuinely embark on aggressive overhaul of the refineries, construction of roads, schools and hospitals, Nigerians would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

For 9months, He has been talking about reform of the Ministries, Dapartments and Government Agencies, Nigerians have seen nothing from His talks. 88% of the corruption in this country goes on in thr MDAs and until those who run the MDAs are made to face their job with honesty, sincerety with Nation first attitude, the government really will be wasting her time in the fight against corruption. Ask any Politician, if you want to steal money, make the civil servants your second leaking pot!!!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
When Ibori realised that OBJ gave licenses to his cohorts to buy PMS and be paid with our reserves, he went and empowered the MEND and use them for illegal bunkering. Thats where Ibori's wealth came from mostly. So they know the truth, they settled MEND and locked up Ibori, JOnathan was briefed. He is a peaceful man and doesnt wanna step on toes, he decided to just take away the subsidy. I wish he can grant resource control, NCNC
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by omaojo1: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

You are right and you can see the future if you supported removal from time. Nigerians benefited in spoonfuls, Otedola, Mike Adenuga etc are billionaires made from Subsidy. OBJ enriched his yoruba people with this. I am mentioning names and I will mention more.

Obj and Adenuga as friends or foes?

You better stop this your deceit.

Leomax=Beaf. Shame on you.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by LEXYLOV: 5:49pm On Jan 08, 2012
You want them to authorize investigating corruption when themselves are fully corrupt.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
@leomax. Mention more dem no fit do anything
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by vladimiros: 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2012
FYI,  had GEJ reformed and strengthen the police, customs and Immigration within the last six months to tackle smuggling across the border, and Nigerians see real results, had He also genuinely embark on aggressive overhaul of the refineries, construction of roads, schools and hospitals, Nigerians would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

For 9months, He has been talking about reform of the Ministries, Dapartments and Government Agencies, Nigerians have seen nothing from His talks. 88% of the corruption in this country goes on in thr MDAs and until those who run the MDAs are made to face their job with honesty, sincerety with Nation first attitude, the government really will be wasting her time in the fight against corruption. Ask any Politician, if you want to steal money, make the civil servants your second leaking pot!!!

stop trying to make sense with a gej SUPPORTER, you're wasting ur time
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by OmoTier1(m): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
omaojo1:

Obj and Adenuga as friends or foes?

You better stop this your deceit.

Leomax=Beaf. Shame on you.
We know its beaf in his leopard skin , so chill out, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by aljharem(m): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
LeoMax:

You are using tribalism to judge's SMH

OK explain this

Peter Mbah - Pinnacle Oil and Gas
. Ifeanyi Ubah - Capital Oil
Chima Anyaso - Ceecon Oil Boss
Cecelia Ibru

I am telling you people NOW THAT THIS IS OUR LAST AND ONLY CHANCE TO DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY FROM OUR GOVERNMENT. YET YOU PEOPLE ARE USING TRIBALISM. What an ideeeiot
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by bright007(f): 5:51pm On Jan 08, 2012
Why has Mr badluck decided to abandon his testimonial and embark on a suicide/abortive mission.Its barely one year since he won d election $ he has lost focus on wat he told us he would do wen elected.He has d boko haram menace to pre-occupy himself with. Yet he chose to bite d hands dat fed him.
@Leomax:if he is not hasty,How come he did not know dat subsidy removal at this period is ill-timed.the 2011 budget is still in place,people dat travelled are yet to comeback from holidays,even the house of reps $ including its speaker was unaware of the date of subsidy removal.Why d sudden rush to deregulate?
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

FYI,  had GEJ reformed and strengthen the police, customs and Immigration within the last six months to tackle smuggling across the border, and Nigerians see real results, had He also genuinely embark on aggressive overhaul of the refineries, construction of roads, schools and hospitals, Nigerians would have given him the benefit of the doubt.

My brother, I go to cotonou most times and I see how silly the custom officers are. That border has at least 1000 custom officials and policemen, Guy they are there to collect bribe, Most of the properties you see on those axis are owned by these corrupt Custom officers. Even if Allah is sent to man that border, he will be made an offer he can not refuse, ask Boko Haram
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by queensmith: 5:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
digi101:

In fact! it is settled and confirmed! Nigeria is run by criminals and the lawm
akers oppose justice! can you imagine the atrocities! To make matters worst these bloody fulls are paid a truckload of money! This is absolutely ludicrous!
And i agree, after this any pdp supporter is a bloody bufoon. If nigeria votes pdp in ONE more time im hangin it up! tearin up the green! kmt!
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by gulfer: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
This current guy is speaking out on the recurrent expenditures of GEJ and his cronies. I laugh to imagine Okonjo Iweala staying 3 month at a stretch in Nigeria.
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by studyineu: 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2012
@Bright007. Where I fit see Boko Haram ask dem
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nsiman(m): 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
B4 i hated that sentence~ oil subsidy removal but now after kful study i'm in love with it. D benefit is 2 b in a long term/run but 4 nw no. Let it go 4 good
Re: National Assembly Summons Emergency Meeting Live by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 08, 2012
@Leomax:if he is not hasty,How come he did not know dat subsidy removal at this period is ill-timed.the 2011 budget is still in place,people dat travelled are yet to comeback from holidays,even the �house of reps $ including its speaker was unaware of the date of subsidy removal.Why d sudden rush to deregulate?
[quote][/quote] The timing was bad, i support that.  I ofthen thought that it was supposed to be done November last year so that people can have knowledg of it before travelling to enable them plan. But then again, I realised that these cabals who have hurded the product to create artificial scarcity during that xmas period and make a catch. My brother, remember that once they annouce removal, filling stations had old stock of subsidized PMS, why did they jack up the price, you see. Our enemies are petroleum markers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nonso-Maduakor Wrongfully Charged For Cynthia's Murder / Military Killed Innocent Women And Children - NDA / Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.