Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders (15599 Views)

Count us out, South-South tells Biafra agitators. Source: Vanguard Newspaper / Biafra: Count Us Out Of Self-determination Move —enugu Igbo Leaders / Count Us Out Of Threats To Southerners – Middle Belt Youth Congress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2012
i don't know there problem.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by bibelo: 10:02am On Jan 10, 2012
The issue is dat 1.3trillion shld be investigated,the money is also said to av bn borrowed.now the govt is already sharing d money they will borrow again and saying dats the benefit?as for the igbos na 2015 agenda they will meet us then and i hope they just realised they shot themselves in the foot.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2012
i hope so
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by DrIgbo: 10:04am On Jan 10, 2012
akinmax:

The south-East has always lost in all battle in Nigeria, always a loser. They will lose again.They want to play kindergarten politics with Nigeria,they are just too naive in handling it. Vision less set of people..
South -east always deceive themselves they are hardworking trader forgetting they are not working hard.  

The battle other Nigerians fight today was forseen over 40 years ago and we had them in the trenches fighting the whole world when Ogundipe a yoruba man could not summon the respect of another of his kinsman even in Dodan Barracks in Lagos, in his onw land. what a shame. they should hide their face in shame when the real men in this country are talking. i mean the Hausas and the Igbos.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 10:05am On Jan 10, 2012
thanks for your contribution
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Googler(m): 10:08am On Jan 10, 2012
@mikeansy
I take your point about the viewpoint of traders. But I think it's the SE traders placing themselves on the crosshairs here. When they held these meetings and made these statements with the governor what are people supposed to think, considering other factors?

I don't know that you are right about SW taxi drivers and Northern mai suya, but let's assume you are, I am yet to see reports of them meeting to take positions at variance with the general mood of the country. Why can't the SE traders go about their trading without ganging up against everyone?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by sixtus4: 10:09am On Jan 10, 2012
The decision has be personal.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by karlfon: 10:16am On Jan 10, 2012
Good move by the South East region, the Igbos did not believe in government, that is why more than 70% of Igbos are traders, they believe in their ability and strength to Survive and move on, they are developing their villages and others without a single help of Government, why should we go on strike to disturb our businesses, take this as an instance,

We have two secondary schools in my village and one technical school, 1 secondary school were built by Age grade, the technical school were built by the entire Village and 1 private school.

It took two age grade 12 years for their electricity project, now we have electricity in our village for more than 15 years now.

The treasury house in our village were built by Age grade where pensioners receive their pensions, In this 2012 we shall commission our daily market in our village, its also a project of another 2 age grade, every Age grade is mandated to complete their project of Igba uchea between 4 to 8 years for the development of the village.

It is like that to almost all Igbo land, So why should we go on strike while we are developing our villages by our selves effort,ability and trading businesses.

Our protest should be how to stop the Northerners from killing the Southerners, those lost lives worth more than removal of petroleum subsidy.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Dede1(m): 10:39am On Jan 10, 2012
Southeast of Nigeria is not interested in any form of revolution in Nigeria nor is it interested in useless strike or labor action organized by the useless NLC/TUC that would rather buy luxurious buses built in China than the ones manufactured by Nigerian labor force. What a bunch of hypocrites.

All regions of Nigeria can engage in disturbance of peace and riot except eastern region as they did in 1965 that culminated into a coup in 1966 but we all knew what followed after the aforementioned coup. There is no doubt southeast wanted out of the cesspit called Nigeria and shall never be interested in the delusional “One-Nigeria”.

I guess southeast will be very much interested in any revolution that calls for the disintegration of the colonial contraption called Nigeria.

The contributors who seemed bent out of human form because southeast invoked its fundamental liberty not to partake in the useless labor action initiated by idiotic NLC can jump off the cliff.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Ayoolu12: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2012
@jp philips, you've said it all! Some folks have Zero political savy, and as such, end up on the wrong side of issues all the time. Their inability to think past what they are eating now, and see a bigger pixture cannot be helped. Though good at petty trading, they sadly do not possess any political intelligence.

As for those saying that the SS did not potest, LOL!. Keep telling yourself that. Whatever helps you sleep at night eh?,
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by asha80(m): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2012
i thought the south east is irrelivant?so what is the hullaboo about them not protesting?
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by karlfon: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2012
The ceased our properties and gave us 5 pounds to start life after civil war, we all entered into trading, today our trading business has paid us, they have been ruling after civil war, the question is which tribe is the most successful today in Nigeria? which tribe is suffering most? and which Geographical zones have the most developing villages and town as the grass root development.

Why must we fight for the course of Nigeria while all of them fought us during the War, Igbos are Wise, carry your cross.

We have already captured the grass root economy through trading if una don't know.

Igbos have done what Americans did when Russians went for Science and American went for grass root economy development by entering into production and Agriculture, when Americans captured the grass root economy they later came out with full force and captured the science and the world.
So steal the money from the Government and oil, then you use it to buy our product and we make our profit with no skin pain. Today we have money to train our children to any level of Education. Remember we started with only 5 pounds that is why Nigerians are jealous of Igbos today. Igbos must wake up and fight for our right.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by jason123: 11:35am On Jan 10, 2012
Without Ndigbo, Nigeria CANNOT work! That is a fact!

Ndigbo needs Nigeria as Nigeria needs Ndigbo. The same applies for other ethnic groups and regions, even up to the Ogonis, Itsekiris, Uhrobos, Jukuns etc!

With that said, Igbos joined the protest, though not in the SE. People were simply disappointed with the way the SE (not Igbo in general) disconnected itself from a national issue such as this which is re-awakening a suspicious atmosphere. This disappointment was expressed all over twitter and facebook. Even the South-South joined the protest (Benin, Warri and PH-city).

But there is freedom of speech and expression. It should be their choice whether they want to protest or not. They should not be forced!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by 989900: 12:06pm On Jan 10, 2012
Pls. lets cut out the tribalism thing at least for now. This is the same reason we are this poor and playing maga to the elite. The elite are not tribalistic o, dey only play to the gallery, na padi-padi for dem. Tribalism and religious b.u.l.l. s.h.!.t won't get us any further than we are now.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by londoner: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2012
I suppose many Igbos either see some benefit of the subsidy removal or they don't believe any good will come from protest.

There is no need to fake a unity which will come apart at the seems at the slightest push  undecided

I don't blame Igbos for not joining in if they dont want to, at the same time I am perplexed that it is a widespread decision without coaxing (for the most part) to stay away.

Maybe they have not reached their pain threshold yet under the petrol price. When they feel they have had enough they will also join in.

Protest has to be a personal desire, not one borne of peer pressure.

That is the only way you can protest past the point of comfortability. When days turn into weeks and then into months and beyond. It is only the true conviction for your own objective that will keep you going.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2012
When u provide practically everything 4urslf without goverment impute then u dnt ve any business joining in a strike. Whn labour protest for wage increment, its for d workers and nt for traders ok? Apart from that, the constitution grants us all d freedom of association and expression as well or r u guys gona infringe on their constitutional rights? Dint NURTW and NTO pulled out of d strike despite d fact that they r part of labour yet non of u here ve crucified them? Na wa o! Some people just cant live without dragging igbos in2 all dia coments, this thing is becoming an epidemic o. Civil servants in d east are observing d strike and it is optional. So without d anambara traders joining d strike it wnt be a success abi? Most of u guys here rly v a narrow mindset and just see things only from ur own perspective and dats final, others must buy in2 ur views whether they like it or nt. Thats a mental disoder. How many of u here are on d strts occupying nigeria? Whl some r out there protesting most of u r here posting craps here without joining d protest but r in a hurry to determine who does what here in NL. I recomend a Mental evaluation of all of us, most of us no longer make sense but we tot we do. Im against the timing of subsidy removal and dats my view and others v a right to hold a dfrnt view, thats what makes us humans and not zombies. Abeg live ur life and leave them alone to live theres, such mindsets are nihilistic and wicked and ur educations should ve exponge such mentality frm most of u by nw. Unfortunately d reverse is the case.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by kettykin: 12:44pm On Jan 10, 2012
i also observed that the protest took place in london and in newyork , do these nigerian also use the nigerian fuel in london and newyork or are there reasons for this protest we dont know about.

Igbos have other issues to think of like safety igbos in the north , the property of igbos in the north the safety of their investments in the south west e.t.c than living off subsidy from the oil
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by jason123: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
kettykin:

i also observed that the protest took place in london and in newyork , do these nigerian also use the nigerian fuel in london and newyork or are there reasons for this protest we dont know about.

Igbos have other issues to think of like safety igbos in the north , the property of igbos in the north the safety of their investments in the south west e.t.c than living off subsidy from the oil

Removal of subsidy increases the prices of goods from Nigeria to the UK. Right now, Nigerian food in the UK especially London has increased. That is why there was a protest. Even the diasporans are feeling it here!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Whiteguru: 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
my brother, leave dem, tomorow they'll want gud roads n water n power n then they'll want an igbo or akwa ibom or cross river president and cry marginaliztion when they dont get it!. Forgetin that this wat makes you relavant in the polity. When the west n d north r agitatin, akwa ibom, cross riverians n their likes will stay at home n xpect others to risk it all for them. I pity wey i come from!!!!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by jason123: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
^^^

I actually heard that Calabar (Cross river)peeps protested.
As for the SE, its should be a choice. They should not be pressured.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by pistol: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2012
the igbos are very enlightened people.don't mind those other tribes crying more than the bereaved
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by jpphilips(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2012
@ beaf,
understand that my posts are for humans with brains unfortunately, you dont qualify.

why is sanusi not addressing the core issues;

sanusi dear, you dont know jack, what you do is being reactive to issues but you lack the plan of execution.
it is sad that a cheap m0ron like sanusi got an Apex job in this wonderland called Nigeria.

sanusi, since you came, you have done more harm than good to our economy and I for once can not help but show my dismay, here are some excerpts in your speech.

u said and I quote;

"Nigerians paying more for PMS-which
by the way is not the fuel for
generators, power plants, production
facilities, heavy duty goods
transportation trucks and even luxury
buses. It is fuel used by the middle class
and car owners to drive around town
and from city to city not to employ
workers and produce goods and
services"

with this comment, you sound so detached from the realities on ground, little wonder your vodoo economics has never worked in this country.

waste!!!!!
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2012
Dede1:

Southeast of Nigeria is not interested in any form of revolution in Nigeria nor is it interested in useless strike or labor action organized by the useless NLC/TUC that would rather buy luxurious buses built in China than the ones manufactured by Nigerian labor force. What a bunch of hypocrites.

All regions of Nigeria can engage in disturbance of peace and riot except eastern region as they did in 1965 that culminated into a coup in 1966 but we all knew what followed after the aforementioned coup. There is no doubt southeast wanted out of the cesspit called Nigeria and shall never be interested in the delusional “One-Nigeria”.

I guess southeast will be very much interested in any revolution that calls for the disintegration of the colonial contraption called Nigeria.

The contributors who seemed bent out of human form because southeast invoked its fundamental liberty not to partake in the useless labor action initiated by idiotic NLC can jump off the cliff.

Your bitterness will only tie you and your region down.Many ibos i have seen are disappointed at what is happening in iboland by not supporting the protest and the reason is that the few sensible ibos that have spoken so far are mostly those that reside in Lagos and other south western states while those at home are voiceless prolly due to their high level of illiteracy.Ibos should put the welfare of their people above political sentiment.Subsidy removal affects ibos too which we've seen when some ibos had to sell their properties to return to their places of residence.Ibos wise up !
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by 2mch(m): 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2012
Are these the people that want southern Nigeria? Count Yoruba out of that Southern bull poo*te. These peeps will take us back to horse and carriage and lighting fires with rocks. Too much tribal sentiments blind them on what is good for them. Its ok though, their voice is not needed. Majority carry the vote and majority are protesting. Just dont whine when people do not vote for an Igbo president. Think about today when you start to whine. Everyone wants a progressive and the party (PDP) yoour APGA aligns with is dead now. tongue
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nchara: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2012
2mch:

Are these the people that want southern Nigeria? Count Yoruba out of that Southern bull poo*te. These peeps will take us back to horse and carriage and lighting fires with rocks. Too much tribal sentiments blind them on what is good for them. Its ok though, their voice is not needed. Majority carry the vote and majority are protesting. Just dont whine when people do not vote for an Igbo president. Think about today when you start to whine. Everyone wants a progressive and the party (PDP) yoour APGA aligns with is dead now. tongue

Nobody wants southern Nigeria: you guy's shenanigans are just too much

Give us Biafra and see how we roll.

The snake in you will not allow us live peacefully in one southern Nigeria
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by Nchara: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2012
Why is ACN (Tinubu) not protesting? He bribed you guys to do the dirty job for his Oando oil company while he sits drinking Champaigne. You guys are now getting killed by your own police. Pele.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by 2mch(m): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2012
Nchara:

Nobody wants southern Nigeria: you guy's shenanigans are just too much

Give us Biafra and see how we roll.

The snake in you will not allow us live peacefully in one southern Nigeria
Nchara:

Why is ACN (Tinubu not protesting). He bribed you guys to do the dirty job for his Oando oil company while he sits drinking Champaigne. You guys are now getting killed by your own police. Pele.

No body wants weak people in their region either. You people will support mediocrity. After PDP rap*ed your arse for 9 years, your still let your APGA/PDP rig PDP in 99%. PDP in a new skin = APGA. Yoruba's are progressives and will not support mediocrity all in the disguise of southern solidarity. This is why your people cannot even go home without doing undercover agent moves. Shame. You even have mouth to talk. The Yoruba's are already a nation, we dont even need any more people. Population is even too much. Not to talk of people that think like neanderthals and dance anytime oyinbo tell them to do something. rotflmao.
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2012
[size=18pt]Arthur Nzeribe, Uche Chukwumerije and Daniel Kanu the legendary saboteurs in this country are also Ibos

So no surprise here
[/size]
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by LEXYLOV: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
Without unity nothing good can come out of this struggle. I'm strongly believe that majority of igbo people does not supporting the subsidiary remover, But the main problem with SW, mainly igbo tribes is their leaders. Right from the history of Nigeria after the great ZIK of Africa no any other single igbo leader has advocate for any unity among Nigerians but rather fighting for their own pocket first and later calling for break away when thing goes wrong. Can Gov Obi himself or his family affected ? ofcourse not. Sentiment, eye service and greediness is at work. The dude want to use igbo masses to get want he want from Oga i guess undecided
Re: Strike: Count Us Out –south-east Traders by mactonnyso: 6:46pm On Jan 10, 2012
This yoruba led Protest is becoming suspicious to other nigerians. IBO Christians are targeted and killed in the North, no comment from the SW
All they are interested is start a big Propaganda to discredit GEJs govt. because as one of them wrote in  Punch newspaper
they will  bring this govt down, since no SW holds the top 5 position in government.

But they forgot that recently OBJ enjoyed his 2 terms at ASO ROCK and enriched his tribes men. they should just wait till 2015.
But i commend the ibos now for their stand on this one. Ibos no de Carry last this time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biafra Tv Begins Broadcast On STRONG Decoders!- pics / It’s A Lie: Igboland Is Not Landlocked By Aloy Ejimakor / Olubadan To Honour Atiku With Aree Akogun Of Ibadan Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.