Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:52 PM

My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu (9575 Views)

FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by ektbear: 3:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
Regardless of what you think about him, he is right.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Hoodrat(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2012
hee hee if is as easy as that why didn't he build or maintain the Lagos State collapsed and abandoned rail lines during his regime?Talk is cheap, Oga gbogbo awon omo agbero. Abbeg wey d champaign make i sip small cheesy
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by kemmeye: 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2012
yeah like he's not a thief himself rubbish man
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by favouredjb(f): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
I ll look at the message,which makes a lot of sense than the messenger,we all know tinubu aint clean or innocent as his goons wants us to believe
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by silibaba: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2012
fingers crossed and lipsealed till the dust settle lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by silibaba: 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2012
you all (yorubas) and abokis(hausas) just they fight forgetting that there is no oil in ur land

south south and south east wey suppose to dey fight keep quiet. what is your problem self angry angry angry

if them they count animal with horn, snail self come dey show face grin grin grin
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Kolababa: 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
Yoruba adage says "eni to go lo maa ngbe igunnu, eni tio gbon lo maa gba owo e"
The governors who brought the idea and keep mum are wiser while Jonathan that carry it for head is a fool.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by quest003: 4:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
What a brilliant idea jst like fashola increasd(removd subsidy) lasu fee phase by phase. U all are guilty so tinubu keep ur advise 2 urslf as u cldnt give same 2 ur godson when d hapless studnt where in a similar situatn. Bleep tinubu, Bleep gej, Bleep every murder fuckers out there. God bless nigeria, God bless me!
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by gotcha(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
This kind of crap is what we get when corruption is not tackled first.

TALK IS CHEAP, anyone can spew WTF they want!!!! Tinubu and his like will always put 4ward "intelligent" lipsrsealed arguements. But then who can't??
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by knockles(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
Tinubu knows better that it is not right to subsidize consumption for too long. GEJ intends to subsidize production to create jobs, That is the right thing to do. Lets give him a chance.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by anonimi: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2012
quest003:

What a brilliant idea jst like fashola increasd(removd subsidy) lasu fee phase by phase. U all are guilty so tinubu keep your advise 2 urslf as u cldnt give same 2 your godson when d hapless studnt where in a similar situatn. bleep tinubu, bleep gej, bleep every murder fuckers out there. God bless nigeria, God bless me!

Compare and contrast:

ACN's Fashola increased school fees from N25,000 to N250,000 i.e. 10 times or 1000% without any hope of future reduction.
GEJ [size=13pt]deregulates[/size] PMS (petrol) market resulting in INITIAL increase from N65 to N140 i.e about 2 times or 100% with expectation of future price reduction as private investors build new refineries, new importers bring fuel meanwhile and competition increases as was for GSM.
The difference is clear without 7UP.

Hence the name, Association of [size=13pt]Conmen[/size] in Nigeria - ACN

Let them all cost the waste and corruption in their various governments and stop stealing from US.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by NET1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2012
The only thing common in Nairaland is the way we throw insults (both at ourselves and political leaders) anyhow. Can we not make our points without hurling insults at the next person? The thing tire me o.

.NET
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by LoveIcon: 7:49pm On Jan 12, 2012
What tinubu said is not strange to us, after all we have been sayin it here most often. He wanted Gej to give him dis year, 4 him to do what? Hahahaha, God pas him
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
.NET:

The only thing common in Nairaland is the way we throw insults (both at ourselves and political leaders) anyhow. Can we not make our points without hurling insults at the next person? The thing tire me o.

.NET

It is a sub-conscious intention to hurt other posters - imagine if Nairaland was a physical location with posters there - it will be fists and knives instead of insults grin. many will never live to see the 2nd page -especially with guys like Eko_ile grin (BTW Happy New Year)
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Gbawe: 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

It is a sub-conscious intention to hurt other posters - imagine if Nairaland was a physical location with posters there - it will be fists and knives instead of insults grin. many will never live to see the 2nd page -especially with guys like Eko_ile grin (BTW Happy New Year)

My brother, na lie. It is all e-strenght and e-courage. It is all empty internet noise. I can bet the posters who are the most rude are very meek and inconspicous in real life hence the reason they come here to be casually abusive when there is no need for that at all
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by okooyinbo(m): 9:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
anonimi:

Compare and contrast:

ACN's Fashola increased school fees from N25,000 to N250,000 i.e. 10 times or 1000% without any hope of future reduction.
GEJ [size=13pt]deregulates[/size] PMS (petrol) market resulting in INITIAL increase from N65 to N140 i.e about 2 times or 100% with expectation of future price reduction as private investors build new refineries, new importers bring fuel meanwhile and competition increases as was for GSM.
The difference is clear without 7UP.

Hence the name, Association of [size=13pt]Conmen[/size] in Nigeria - ACN

Let them all cost the waste and corruption in their various governments and stop stealing from US.

Your comparison is rather unfortunate if I may say.
First of all, Lasu is not the only institution of higher learning in Nigeria, not even in Lagos state. Therefore, there are other choices for you. You might actually encourage people to boycott LASU to show your disaffection with that "not well thought of" pricing policy instead of comparing umcomparables.

Secondly, the hike in tuition fees at LASU has no general adverse effect on the economy as such compared to the energy hike.

Thirdly, it is not compulsory to get a university education. However, energy is a must for economic development.

Thats just about my critism of your crude comparison. Have a good day.

Now to the topic! What took him so long to come up with these ideas of his? As an opposition leader, he should have been at the forefront of the struggle.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by readonce: 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2012
the best time for you is coming, one day bush meat go catch the hunter.
you can have the best building of the world(mansions/palaces) but wen your game will be over , we wont be surprise to see you in the sewage where the rats will finish you.
enjoy it while it last, readonce!!!
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by ektbear: 1:25am On Jan 13, 2012
If you cannot afford LASU after the tuition increases, there is Ekiti State University which will happily accept your cash.

Anyway, let me not derail the topic further.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by BERNIMOORE: 2:38am On Jan 13, 2012
[b]ASIWAJU AWON OLE,true to his name, The first name of the list of cabal according to their stolen monies is Oando,owned by BOLA TINUBU but put his youger brother as a frontier,list of the cabals as published by the link below,;

Oando Nigerian Plc. – N228.506 b,
MRS – N224.818 billion,
Enak Oil & Gas – N19.684 billion,
CONOIl – N37.960 billion,
Bovas & Co. Nig. Ltd. – N5.685 billion,
Obat N85 billion and
AP; N104.5billion.

Other members.

Folawiyo Oil - N113.3billion;
IPMAN Investment Limited- N10.9billion;
ACON - N24.1billion, Atio Oil-N64.4billion,
AMP- N11.4billion;
Honeywell-N12.2billion;
Emac Oil- N19.2billion;
D.Jones Oil-N14.8billion;
Capital Oil - N22.4billion;
AZ Oil- N18.613billion;
Eterna oil- N5.57 billion;
Dozil oil- N3.375 billion;
and Fort oil-N8.582 billion.

Also, Integrated Oil and Gas owned by former Minister of Interior, Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho was mentioned and is said to have benefitted to the tune of N30.777 billion, while IPMAN Investment Limited pocketed the sum of N10.9 billion

Read more: http://www..com/ng/oils-reports-and-issues/11856-nigeria-oil-subsidy-problem-list-of-some-cabal-members.html#ixzz1jC5yw5XQ

CHECK OWNER OF Oando on google,search yourself, and see shamefull animals celebrated as asiwaju ole.
. [/b]
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by onomeasike: 3:00am On Jan 13, 2012
Beaf=BERNIMOORE=blood money!Supreme GEJ Goon.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by velo10: 5:47am On Jan 13, 2012
Lets face it. Even though Tinubu is a corrupt thief, he's far more of a thinker than our dull president.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by jadakiss213(m): 7:18am On Jan 13, 2012
Well said Asiwaju Tinubu, Btw,i don't know why some folks are always blinded by sentiments?must u always attack people?u probly didn't read thru d guy's comments or as usual couldnt conprehend wht he was saying.get a life abeg!
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by efisher(m): 7:32am On Jan 13, 2012
He makes a lot of sense even if it is not that easy to implement. The question everyone should ask is "When is it ever the right time to correct decades of wrong?"

Another route FG could have taken was to have say 6 months of heated debates, engagements, etc (Similar to what is done in an election campaign) prior to implementation of the policy. That way, people would have been more aware. FG failed in management of change for such policy.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by carpenter(m): 8:47am On Jan 13, 2012
hmmmmm! Even as a convicted criminal, you do not cease to be a citizen of a country, you may loose some rights sha, but your opinion still matters.
Sincerely, it does not matter who gives the advice as long as it makes sense, would rather seek the advice of Tinubu and not GEJ obviously even if Tinubu were a criminal.

On another note, when you are surrounded by corruption, sometimes you don't even know when it becomes you. In my own opinion, an average Nigerian is corrupt or condoles corruption (i dont mean to generalise but I think it is obvious), infact the expats that visit our country now know the drills and follow suite cos if you don't, life is going to be very difficult for you (you might say that is the price we have to pay to get rid of corruption). In your homes, in your offices, in your neighbourhood, the list goes on. You see it,you turn a blind. Yes! you turn a blind eye, sometimes you even share in the loot, maybe a drink or as little as a statement 'sharp guy' , a smile. you encourage the doer of the evil that has befallen this nation.

i am not even going to talk about corruption in the government, you can read it elsewhere, plenty to read.

I am talking abouy you, yes YOU. You are on the streets protesting but you made a deal with your suppliers on Friday to add something on it for you but bill your company.

Do something about the corruption in your life.

cheers
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 13, 2012
Tinubu is a hypocrite and fraud.

He likes scoring cheap political points and what did he propose that has not been suggested even on nairaland?

Is he not part of the cabals, so he is afraid of losing his awuf subsidy abi?

Ole barawo apili
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Gbawe: 10:19am On Jan 13, 2012
Timehin:

Tinubu is a hypocrite and fraud.

He likes scoring cheap political points and what did he propose that has not been suggested even on nairaland?

Is he not part of the cabals, so he is afraid of losing his awuf subsidy abi?

Ole barawo apili

You people and this your cheap talk of cabals. Is it enough that Government mentions cabals distractively and decietfully and , simplistically, you all run away with that word naively without looking at issues in the entirety?

Show what these guys are doing wrong that you have proof of. After doing that successfully, now show why it is easier for Nigerians to be lampooning "cabals" instead of also the FG,The President, the Petroleum Minister the NNPC and many agencies who play victim when they should ordinarily be efficient and powerful enough to deal with deficency and fraudulent conduct in the system.

We are a people with a bastardized mentality , even if we don't know it, and it shows in how we talk and what we accept. On this forum for example, folks would rather talk about the wickedness of the Northern "butchers" than accept and highlight the failings of the FG to provide security for Nigerians. No one ever loses their job and failure is never punished. Welcome to Nigeria. We bought generators, we drill boreholes, we hire maigaurds.

In fact, when have we never just resorted to self-help when we should have demanded that our leaders deliver? Before you use the word cabal ever again remember that , as intelligent and responsible adults, if you talk about a conspiracy you must include all those involved. Next time folks want to pontificate about cabals, please include GEJ, the PPPRA, NNPC and co because marketers cannot get away with anything if those folks are doing their jobs properly.

The FG and the NNPC, under GEJ, issued many marketers licence to firms with little or nothing to do with the oil sector. Subsidy went from a budgeted N240 billion to N1.4 trillion under a man who has bribed everything and everyone to become President. Yet we cannot put 2 and 2 together to understand where the money went? To make matters worse, we are now crudely falling for their effort to shift the blam onto a "Cabal" People, for god sake, think about the total decimation of the ECA with many billions of dollar in it !!!!!

May God help Nigeria when, minimally, they can think GEJ, Allison-Madueke , The NNPC, FG et aland the FG to be ignorant of what is going on. Sentimentality, others worldwide don't have, is killing us in Nigeria.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by jaybee3(m): 10:22am On Jan 13, 2012
^^^^
Is he not part of the cabals assertion by the previous poster to me means he is part of a cabal just not the petrol subsidy cabal.
He is part of the cabal in lagos state isn't he.
We aren't going to get anywhere with selective scrutiny
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by muami(m): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2012
Fuel subsidy removal is the way forward! Fiscal federalism is on the way! Why would one be cheating another and complain when justice is about to be done! Everybody pay for the fuel you consume,  After all Govts even before now has been corrupt,  was there subsidy when cocoa was the revenue source? Even Milo was not cheap or subsidized,
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by noiseless: 10:48am On Jan 13, 2012
What a shame in the land of the tribalism's,even the NAMED and SHAMED polithiefcians always try to resurrect their polithiefcal carear cos they know what their people are.Why is everyone shouting "beaf beaf" at every post that doesn't seem to agree with their view,you really think everyone sees things through tribal or political party eyes the same many of you display here?
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Rad1cal: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2012
jay bee:

^^^^
Is he not part of the cabals assertion by the previous poster to me means he is part of a cabal just not the petrol subsidy cabal.
cool cool
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Gbawe: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2012
jay bee:

^^^^

This has nothing to do with selective scrutiny. Everything concerns how the Government is patronising Nigerians, via assuming they are "thick", by conveniently pointing at a "wicked cabal" to divert attention away from its own failings, corruption and collusions.

The idiocy of affairs , regarding the amateurish deception of the FG, is only matched by how many Nigerians , because of overt reliance on sentiments rather than commonsense, are now easy to 'divide-and-conquer'. I will defend anyone, whether Mr. Ihenacho or Mr. Tinubu, the Government now wants to throw to the lions because they think the functional illiteracy , clannishness, feudalism and sentimental mien of Nigerians means we will foolishly accept their pontification about "cabals" and "evil bogey men" fleecing the nation.

Which marketer has a licence today , to engage in the importation of oil, that was not issued by the FG or NNPC? Nigerians, educate yourselves !!!! Which Marketer over-invoiced the FG without NNPC involvement? Even if they did, why not prosecute and jail them if you are really the 'good guys'? Who pays out on invoice supplied if not the NNPC? We are asking the wrong questions and allowing those , like GEJ , who have never stood for anything but corruption and 'awon boys' profligacy, to decieve us. Why did enemies of progress like OBJ, Anenih and the entire AGIP establishment in Nigeria endorse GEJ so unanimously?

They want to now tell you that Mr. Tinubu ,Mr. Dantata, Mr. Otedola, Mr. Ihenacho et al are your enemies and the cabal when they are all friends and benefactors of how Nigeria is being carved up by an elite class while the rest of us are expendable and condemned to poverty.

On what planet do you guys live on to not understand that this is not the norm anywhere else in the world? I.e Government playing victim and pretending , at every junction, it is at the mercy of those who do not have executive, legislative or judical powers? Whether we know it or not, the apologists amongst us are helping Government abdicate its duties via swallowing their lies wholesale.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by muami(m): 11:24am On Jan 13, 2012
NO TO FUEL SUBSIDY! YES TO FISCAL FEDERALISM! Everybody pay for the fuel you consume, After all Govts even before now has been corrupt, was there subsidy when cocoa was the revenue source? Even Milo was not cheap or subsidized. If any labour union shut down oil production, then we shall OCCUPY it permanently and see if those holding jamboree/carnival at squares and Parks can subsidize fuel with their taxes. Enough is Enough!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dantata Dies In Germany. / I Was Invited By The Democratic Party - Tinubu / Buhari Meets Northern Governor Today Over Worsening Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.