Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu (9433 Views)

FG Returns Petrol Subsidy, Retains Official Pump Prices / Expose By Saharareporters Led To Governor Wike’s Removal By Elections Tribunal / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by jaybee3(m): 11:25am On Jan 13, 2012
@Gbawe

Ok let me get this right, are you basically saying Nigerians should only frown at the government because they are the ones providing the enabling environment for them cabals to flourish?

Everything wrong with Nigeria has everything to do with Nigerians. It's now OK to attack the governement but fine to ignore those that get reach at the expense of their fellow citizens.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by noiseless: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2012
Never mind bunch of selfish and greedy set of people,very soon they ll jump on here telling lies that their coacoa was used in building the country.And at the same time forgetting that their free education in south west did not fall from the sky as awo refused to share any of their resources with the rest part of the country, as he all along described nigeria as a "mere geopolitical expression",while other leaders who thought differently allowed their resources like coal,palm oil,palm kernel and others to be used to run the colonial govt without even giving a thing back to their people,in the hope that after freeing the country from the colonial masters things will be better.And you are witnessing what is going on.
muami:

Fuel subsidy is the way forward! Fiscal federalism is on the way! Why would one be cheating another and complain when justice is about to be done! Everybody pay for the fuel you consume, After all Govts even before now has been corrupt, was there subsidy when cocoa was the revenue source? Even Milo was not cheap or subsidized,
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Rad1cal: 11:32am On Jan 13, 2012
Gbawe:

This has nothing to do with selective scrutiny. Everything concerns how the Government is patronising Nigerians, via assuming they are "thick", by conveniently pointing at a "wicked cabal" to divert attention away from its own failings, corruption and collusions.

The idiocy of affairs , regarding the amateurish deception of the FG, is only matched by how many Nigerians , because of overt reliance on sentiments rather than commonsense, are now easy to 'divide-and-conquer'.[size=18pt] I will defend anyone, whether Mr. Ihenacho or Mr. Tinubu[/size], the Government now wants to throw to the lions because they think the functional illiteracy , clannishness, feudalism and sentimental mien of Nigerians means we will foolishly accept their pontification about "cabals" and "evil bogey men" fleecing the nation.

Which marketer has a licence today , to engage in the importation of oil, that was not issued by the FG? Which Marketer over-invoiced the FG without NNPC involvement? Who pays out on invoice supplied if not the NNPC? We are asking the wrong questions and allowing those , like GEJ , [size=18pt]who have never stood for anything but corruption and'awon boys' profligacy, to decieve us.[/size]

[size=18pt]They want to now tell you that Mr. Tinubu ,Mr. Dantata, Mr. Otedola, Mr. Ihenacho et al are your enemies and the cabal when they are all friends and benefactors of how Nigeria is being carved up by an elite class while the rest of us are expendable and condemned to poverty. [/size]

On what planet do you guys live on to not understand that this is not the norm anywhere else in the world? I.e Government playing victim and pretending , at every junction, it is at the mercy of those who do not have executive, legislative or judical powers? [size=18pt]Whether we know it or not, the apologists amongst us are helping Government abdicate its duties via swallowing their lies wholesale.[/size]

Stop being stuupid for once, by your statement you have indirectly accepted that Tinubu is part of the cabal you once abused and accused of financing the PDP election.

See how your true self is manifesting

By your utterances you have just endorsed how confusion can set in, when an individual tries so hard to cover his hypocrisy defending a thief, rouge and a killer.

You posted your normal long gibberish, but ended up digging in deeper in to the shiet you created for yourself

Welcome to the world of a confused sycophant.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by muami(m): 11:37am On Jan 13, 2012
Anyone can occupy all the Parks and Squares in Lagos and Abuja for as long as he so desires. However, if any one dares shut down oil production, then we shall occupy it permanently and let those who holding the jamboree/carnival at squares and Parks subsidize fuel with their taxes. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Gbawe: 11:43am On Jan 13, 2012
jay bee:

@Gbawe

Ok let me get this right, are you basically saying Nigerians should only frown at the government because they are the ones providing the enabling environment for them cabals to flourish?

Everything wrong with Nigeria has everything to do with Nigerians. It's now OK to attack the governement but fine to ignore those that get reach at the expense of their fellow citizens.

No. I am saying it is intrinsically ridiculous our Goverment , with so much power at its beck and call, can tell you it is powerless to act against "cabals". That sort of nonsense may fly to Nigerians who have never left Nigeria but it is total BS to exposed Nigerians who know that a few individuals or cartels should [size=14pt]never ever[/size] hold a Nation to ransom.

What is going on here is the same as how OBJ et al made noise publicly about Nigerian Halliburton culprits facing sanctions yet they could never make that happen[b] for obvious reasons[/b]. This fuel subsidy "cabal" thing is a cop out designed to assist the GEJ Governent in throwing out, very conveniently, the baby with the bath water.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by efisher(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2012
Subsidy on petroleum products is a form of injustice to the oil producing states. It's like getting slapped on both cheeks. We must end it asap.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by jaybee3(m): 11:53am On Jan 13, 2012
Gbawe:

No. I am saying it is intrinsically ridiculous our Goverment , with so much power at its beck and call, can tell you it is powerless to act against "cabals". That sort of nonsense may fly to Nigerians who have never left Nigeria but it is total BS to exposed Nigerians who know that a few individuals or cartels should [size=14pt]never ever[/size] hold a Nation to ransom.

What is going on here is the same as how OBJ et al made noise publicly about Nigerian Halliburton culprits facing sanctions yet they could never make that happen[b] for obvious reasons[/b]. This fuel subsidy "cabal" thing is a cop out designed to assist the GEJ Governent in throwing out, very conveniently, the baby with the bath water.
Yes it's highly ridiculous for a so called democratic government to be held to ransom by a few corrupt elite but surely you can just use the inept of such Government to exonerate corrupt past leaders/so called friends of the government when it's blatantly clear that their respective wealth is questionable.

Would you have supported Escoba in the 80's ?

What is bad is bad. We all collectively have to get rid of the bad eggs be-it Government officials or civilians profitting from the suffering of the masses.
Nigeria is simply the way it is because a lot of people that should know better support the corrupt elite along tribal/religious/party divide.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Gbawe: 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
Rad1cal:

Stop being stuupid for once, by your statement you have indirectly accepted that Tinubu is part of the cabal you once abused and accused of financing the PDP election.

See how your true self is manifesting

By your utterances you have just endorsed how confusion can set in, when an individual tries so hard to cover his hypocrisy defending a thief, rouge and a killer.

You posted your normal long gibberish, but ended up digging in deeper in to the shiet you created for yourself

Welcome to the world of a confused sycophant.

My guy go and get yourself a girlfriend ( or boyfriend) and stop following me around.

This statement:

They want to now tell you that Mr. Tinubu ,Mr. Dantata, Mr. Otedola, Mr. Ihenacho et al are your enemies and the cabal when they are all friends and benefactors of how Nigeria is being carved up by an elite class while the rest of us are expendable and condemned to poverty.

Means:

They (the FG) want to now tell you that Mr. Tinubu ,Mr. Dantata, Mr. Otedola, Mr. Ihenacho et al are your enemies and the cabal when they (the FG) are all friends and benefactors of how Nigeria is being carved up by an elite class while the rest of us are expendable and condemned to poverty.

The point is that Tinubu (Wale), Ihenacho et al may have operations totally above board. Nigerians should look at those the FG are "friends and benefactors" of to the extent they can issue them marketers licence without recourse to due process and merit. Eg the construction company the NASS probe threw up. Is that anything to do with Tinubu (Wale) or any major marketer? My guy, why not simply take up ballet instead of chasing Gbawe around?
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by muami(m): 12:08pm On Jan 13, 2012
efisher:

Subsidy on petroleum products is a form of injustice to the oil producing states. It's like getting slapped on both cheeks. We must end it asap.
Yes on. Afterall, Milo was not subsidized when Cocoa was our main source of income.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Rad1cal: 12:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy go and get yourself a girlfriend ( or boyfriend) and stop following me around.

This statement:

Means:

The point is that Tinubu (Wale), Ihenacho et al may have operations totally above board. Nigerians should look at those the FG are "friends and benefactors" of to the extent they can issue them marketers licence without recourse to due process and merit. Eg the construction company the NASS probe threw up. Is that anything to do with Tinubu (Wale) or any major marketer? My guy, why not simply take up ballet instead of chasing Gbawe around?

You think a disgusting hypocrite like you should be allowed to roam free like wild animals. No Sir, we shall check your double tongued infectious disease right here on this forum where they are spread

The hypocrite was exposed and he is looking for a cheap route to escape. No sir you cant escape the open secret you admitted .

Gbawe:

This has nothing to do with selective scrutiny. Everything concerns how the Government is patronising Nigerians, via assuming they are "thick", by conveniently pointing at a "wicked cabal" to divert attention away from its own failings, corruption and collusions.

The idiocy of affairs , regarding the amateurish deception of the FG, is only matched by how many Nigerians , because of overt reliance on sentiments rather than commonsense, are now easy to 'divide-and-conquer'.[size=18pt] I will defend anyone, whether Mr. Ihenacho or Mr. Tinubu[/size], the Government now wants to throw to the lions because they think the functional illiteracy , clannishness, feudalism and sentimental mien of Nigerians means we will foolishly accept their pontification about "cabals" and "evil bogey men" fleecing the nation.

Which marketer has a licence today , to engage in the importation of oil, that was not issued by the FG? Which Marketer over-invoiced the FG without NNPC involvement? Who pays out on invoice supplied if not the NNPC? We are asking the wrong questions and allowing those , like GEJ , [size=18pt]who have never stood for anything but corruption and'awon boys' profligacy, to decieve us.[/size]

[size=18pt]They want to now tell you that Mr. Tinubu ,Mr. Dantata, Mr. Otedola, Mr. Ihenacho et al are your enemies and the cabal when they are all friends and benefactors of how Nigeria is being carved up by an elite class while the rest of us are expendable and condemned to poverty. [/size]

On what planet do you guys live on to not understand that this is not the norm anywhere else in the world? I.e Government playing victim and pretending , at every junction, it is at the mercy of those who do not have executive, legislative or judical powers? [size=18pt]Whether we know it or not, the apologists amongst us are helping Government abdicate its duties via swallowing their lies wholesale.[/size]

Gbawe feeble attempt at lying irresponsibly again, the FG are friends of who ? Ghost or another Cabal

They (the FG) want to now tell you that Mr. Tinubu ,Mr. Dantata, Mr. Otedola, Mr. Ihenacho et al are your enemies and the cabal when they (the FG) are all friends and benefactors of how Nigeria is being carved up by an elite class while the rest of us are expendable and condemned to poverty.

^

The FG lie you infused is not even in sync with the flows of your fraudulent post , do you assume "we are thick " in the same mold as you .

People need to be aware of the lying confused sycophant you aptly represent.

accusing me of following you around is another straw grasping means of admitting, you deliberately set out to lie and deceive other gullible eejits on a daily basis
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by jmaine: 1:21pm On Jan 13, 2012
Interesting lipsrsealed
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Gbawe: 4:19pm On Jan 13, 2012
Rad1cal:

You think a disgusting hypocrite like you should be allowed to roam free like wild animals. No Sir, we shall check your double tongued infectious disease right here on this forum where they are spread

The hypocrite was exposed and he is looking for a cheap route to escape. No sir you cant escape the open secret you admitted .

Gbawe feeble attempt at lying irresponsibly again, the FG are friends of who ? Ghost or another Cabal

^

The FG lie you infused is not even in sync with the flows of your fraudulent post , do you assume "we are thick " in the same mold as you .

accusing me of following you around is another straw grasping means of admitting, you deliberately set out to lie and deceive other gullible eejits on a daily basis

What is clear is that you are a lady-boy obsessively stalking my posts. Even if I am what you say, why persist saying the same thing via following me from thread to thread? Your MO (modus operandi) is the same. You simply appear on any thread I comment on, ignore the topic of the discussion, to focus on trying to trip up me up. My guy, [size=14pt]I take god beg you[/size], get a girlfriend, boyfriend or a life.

Whatever it takes to prevent you from this pathetic display that shows how seriously you take this internet chat thingy. Folks like you are actually pathetic and scary. Next time comment on the topic instead of taking a lead based on my comment. Surely you have opinions of your own?
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by toksbee007: 4:31pm On Jan 13, 2012
Timubu is a thief,Fashola can increase Lasu fees by 400% and he cannot advice him to
Increase it in phases instead of unilateral increase they are worse than PDP.Timubu is talking rubbish.I would rather listen to Gej than rogue like Timubu.after all Oando which belong to his brother is one of d cabal importing fuel.
Re: My Stand On Petrol Subsidy Removal, By Tinubu by Rad1cal: 7:46pm On Jan 13, 2012
Gbawe:

What is clear is that you are a lady-boy obsessively stalking my posts. Even if I am what you say, why persist saying the same thing via following me from thread to thread? Your MO (modus operandi) is the same. You simply appear on any thread I comment on, ignore the topic of the discussion, to focus on trying to trip up me up. My guy, [size=14pt]I take god beg you[/size], get a girlfriend, boyfriend or a life.

Whatever it takes to prevent you from this pathetic display that shows how seriously you take this internet chat thingy. Folks like you are actually pathetic and scary. Next time comment on the topic instead of taking a lead based on my comment. Surely you have opinions of your own?

A disgusting hypocrite like you should not be allowed to roam free like wild undomesticated animals.  No Sir, we shall check your double tongued infectious disease right here on this forum where they are spread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos, Federal Govt Sign Agreement To End Waterways Dispute (Photos) / Get Over Your Electoral Defeat, Hon. Ben Kalu's Aide Mocks Chima Anyaso [VIDEO] / Ibrahim Odumboni: Backlog Of Waste In Lagos To Disappear Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.