Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Should I Cheat? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Cheat? (3604 Views)

My Boyfriend Cheats On Me, Should I Cheat On Him Too? / Did I Cheat On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Cheat? by theagent: 3:48am On Jan 14, 2012
I am in a good relationship, but I am not in love, there is someone else who wants to be with me, but I don't want to hurt my partner. What should I do? Break up, cheat or stay faithful to my partner? The guilt is too much.
Re: Should I Cheat? by tundeOjo: 4:34am On Jan 14, 2012
dude tell her how u feel and move on undecided
Re: Should I Cheat? by Metalgoong(m): 4:37am On Jan 14, 2012
Breaking up with someone isn't a sin or a crime. Hence, if you are not in love, why not honorably quit the relationship and move on with that other person that wants to be with you, I mean the chosen one who you are in love with. . . .  I'm sure your current partner would appreciate this in the long run.
Re: Should I Cheat? by theagent: 4:43am On Jan 14, 2012
The problem is I am happy with my partner and I afraid it might be a case of the grass is greener. Maybe not being in love is normal after so many years. There is a lot to be said for friendship and someone who you can count on.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Mynd44: 10:42am On Jan 14, 2012
Guy if you are happy right now, stay where you are ooo. Love is not everything ooooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Cheat? by iceblock(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2012
Na wao,some peeps no go do,and they wont allow those wey wan do DO,ah ah.
if you are not in love with her, please free her,am sure there is also someone out there who is dying to be with her for real.
Free her abeg.The earlier the better.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Natasha2(f): 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2012
[size=50pt] BREAK UP angry [/size]

Should I cheat? really? no you can mess undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Cheat? by Freiburger(m): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
theagent:

I am in a good relationship, but I am not in love, there is someone else who wants to be with me, but I don't want to hurt my partner. What should I do? Break up, cheat or stay faithful to my partner? The guilt is too much.
what is good in that relationship if you are not in love?
Re: Should I Cheat? by timbros(m): 1:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
is it just me or do u guys notice it too?
The poster didnt indicate his/her gender,
@Op: are u male or female?
Re: Should I Cheat? by theagent: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
It should not matter wether I am male or female. I want honest opinion, what is good for one person should be good for another.

My relationship is happy because we are good together, we enjoy being together and really have grown to care deeply about each other. I guess it is the passion that is missing.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Natasha2(f): 2:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
^what's the point in staying with someone you don't love? na wa oh people get time to waste oh
Re: Should I Cheat? by cynthiafred67(f): 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2012
@op

You know what u want, So follow ur heart.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Mynd44: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2012
You guys seem to be missing the point. They are happy together. How can you not love someone and be happy with the person? Are you sure the person you want to go and meet can make you happy?
Re: Should I Cheat? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 15, 2012
I don't think anyone here's going to advocate you cheating on your partner, so of course no, you should not cheat. The reasons you gave for being happy in the relationship are not solid reasons. You replied with "we" ("we are good together, we enjoy being together and really have grown to care deeply about each other"wink when you should've focused on "I" . . .(I'm happy with him because. . .). The best way to know whether you're really happy with him is to access your own feelings and be truthful with yourself. If you don't have any substantial reasons why you're happy with him, then you should be concerned. The key thing you said is that you're not in love with him. Would you want someone to stick around with you when they're not in love with you? Why would you want to stay with someone you're not in love with? What favour are you doing the two of you by staying when you're not in love with him? Is it fair to him? If you have to ask whether you should cheat, then it's time to move on. If you know you cannot remain faithful to someone because you're not in love with them, then let them go so they can find someone else who will appreciate them and honor that relationship.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Mynd44: 3:16am On Jan 15, 2012
Don't cheat but whatever you do, think long and hard about it.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 15, 2012
why cheat when you can just leave?
Re: Should I Cheat? by timbros(m): 7:33am On Jan 15, 2012
so u wan hear am from my mouth say na me say make u CHEAT?? No be me ooo!!
Seriously if u know the full implication of CHEATING, u wont even consider it as an option.
My advice? STAY or LEAVE.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Andrew3(m): 7:58am On Jan 15, 2012
Natasha,,:

[size=50pt] BREAK UP angry [/size]

Should I cheat? really? no you can mess undecided

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Should I Cheat? by Goldieluks: 8:37am On Jan 15, 2012
This OP is female and is asking whether to cheat on her husband of so many years ,or not.
There comes a stage in a relationship when love doesn't bloom as much as it used to,and it only takes patience and perseverance to sail through that stage,but funny enough some people find themselves falling for someone else and cheating on their partner. So OP it is not in our place to tell you what or what not do. It all boils down to your conscience and self control.
Re: Should I Cheat? by theagent: 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
@goldieluks you make good sense.

Being in love and loving someone are two different things. When you love someone and the passion has gone, you can get confused. Finding the passion again with my partner is what I need to do. This has been helpful.

At the end of the day, passion (being in love) can fade, but caring and truly loving someone can last forever.

1 Like

Re: Should I Cheat? by Beync(f): 1:43pm On Jan 15, 2012
Good u know this thing called passion or burning desire can quench like fire and that is axactly what you said u lack in your present relationship.
Note that even when you get someone you have this passion for, you will need to keep ur passion burning so as to sustain the relationship.
And what are those things that can keep the fire burning? U need good a companion,quality frienship and caring of which you both enjoy now.
I hope the love you crave for is not just feelings becos u can easily fine someone to have feelings for but when the feeling go bored you may not find the companionship, fiendship to hold on with. I'l rather choose friendship over feelings that may not be sustained. each to his or her own thou.
Re: Should I Cheat? by gendebs(m): 3:09pm On Jan 15, 2012
if u re married to her, d word cheat can arise. U re still datin dis girl so, u re free to sleep with as many girls as possible cos no one will hold u for it but if married i dnt subscribe nor support extra marital affairs
Re: Should I Cheat? by arramyjay: 4:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
I think u are already cheating,just break it off.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Cuddlemii: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2012
If I was your current gf and you expressed yourself that you don't love me and you are just staying in the relationship because of the reasons you listed above so you want to break off. I will thank you for your honesty, I will also ask you if the problem was from me so I can learn from the experience. We go our separate ways.

Immediately you walk away or step out of the door, I will go on my knees and thank my God and stars for the revelation. Its better to suffer from a heart break than go on with a loveless relationship that would probably lead to a marriage because the fact that you don't love her means you would always be looking for her flaws, shortcomings and downfall. You would not compromise and do your role as a hubby because you never loved her. She would be treated like a plague by you eventually.

I advice you to break up with your girlfriend, she would get hurt (that's if she loves you as well because its very possible she feels the same as you do but doesn't want to hurt you too, she might have been faking & acting things but deep down, she needs to be free too so don't be surprised if she hugs u 4 d truth, so dnt feel fantastic wink), but at least your conscience would be cleared that you did the right thing(told the truth). Her man is out there, she would end up with someone who loves her and she would be thankful to you later even if not immediately.
Re: Should I Cheat? by Mynd44: 5:29pm On Jan 15, 2012
Cuddle you seem to forget that not everyone is like you
Re: Should I Cheat? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2012
Goldieluks:

This OP is female and is asking whether to cheat on her husband of so many years ,or not.
There comes a stage in a relationship when love doesn't bloom  as much as it used to,and it only takes patience and perseverance to sail through that stage,but funny enough some people find themselves falling for someone else and cheating on their partner. So OP it is not in our place to tell you what or what not do. It all boils down to your conscience and self control.

True!
Re: Should I Cheat? by Cuddlemii: 6:16pm On Jan 15, 2012
Mynd_44:

Cuddle you seem to forget that not everyone is like you

what has cuddle got to do with the topic?
Re: Should I Cheat? by Mynd44: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
You used yourself as an example na.
Re: Should I Cheat? by chibaby5(f): 9:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
CHEAT ! ! ! CHEAT! ! CHEAT! ! ! CHEAT! ! CHEAT ! ! CHEAT ! ! ! CHEAT! ! CHEAT! ! !
Re: Should I Cheat? by Mynd44: 12:44am On Jan 16, 2012
Chi-Baby= cheater
Re: Should I Cheat? by richy5(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2012
Tell her how you fell and go on with your life,
Re: Should I Cheat? by Mynd44: 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^
What if the girl kills him? How will he go on with his live then?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Take On This?...na serious matter o. / Has Any Of You Ladies Ever Wooed A Guy Before? / Eight Ways To Make A Man Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.