Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (31323 Views)

Black Xmas And New Year As Fg Fail To Pay Salaries / We’ll Hold Buhari, APC To “3 Million Jobs A Year” Pledge – NLC, TUC / Remove Fuel Subsidy, Face Our Wrath - NLC, TUC Warn Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by cashful(m): 12:47am On Jan 15, 2012
PENGASSAN is not joining the strike yet. channelstv
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ratiken(m): 12:48am On Jan 15, 2012
Can somebody tell me why Omar has refused shutting down of the Oil Facilities - Things are gonna get messy real soon.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by akbahbah(m): 12:50am On Jan 15, 2012
Yeah! it's a good fight. fight of freedom. Egypt, libya, even U.K have fought theirs and had their liberty from oppressors. It is our turn my fellow Nigerians. No retreat no surrender
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by afrika(f): 12:51am On Jan 15, 2012
My pain is that we have failed to blame the people that gathered together to push this idea down d throat of GEJ.
People have been assigned with units, portfolios and yet, the public have so short forgotten that they are the cause of our condition today.
Our dollar is 166 naira to a dollar. enrichin his brothers in the north doing the business of bereau d'change. and CBN sells to dem at 152 naira while d black market is 166 naira. the CBN governor determines d dollar rate for nigeria and buys. why then are we backing him, when d situation has gone like this.

look at d governors today. they all collectively suggested and agreed on this matter of subsidy removal for our PMS. today d whole nigerians are blaming GEJ and hailing d governors who are jus waiting for the whooping sum of  some billions into their pockets.

please, lets be guided as NLC would soon call off d strike as they may have selfishly collected their own subsidy fund while behind closed doors yesterday oly to come to tell us to go home and stock our houses with food against monday road protest depending on turn out of meeting with FG.

thats crazy, why havent dey demonstrated for the killings in the north? why havent NLC which is for the masses demonstrated for the minimum wage that  has not been fully paid in some states. why have NLC fought for corruption etc,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by LogicMind: 12:53am On Jan 15, 2012
If unions want their wishes imposed on the rest of us, they should form a political party and contest election and win. That's democracy. Blocking the economy for days because a government is trying to do what it was elected to do is borderline illegal.
I'm wondering why the FG does not take a leaf from Enugu State Gov. and lock up those strike leaders.

Democracy people. You have your vote, you used it. You will get another opportunity next time. Go back to work.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Obijulius: 12:53am On Jan 15, 2012
I blame d military 4 handin power 2 obasanjo. They shld av destroyed dat son of a dog like they did m.k.o. Well ihejerika can take dis as his divine opportunity to rewrite nigeria's history
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 15, 2012
stiyke:

@dadaic
Thanks and apology accepted.
I know all these you have said, its like being between the devil and the deep blue sea. The truth is that we dont trust them especially GEJ. But i trust him call me what ever you like but i sincerely believe he will use use the subsidy money for something better. I prefer investing in future gains than burning it all now, cause am a business man. I hate to remember that the lagislator have such mind buggling allowances and the President cant really change that based on our constitution.
Yes Gov has let us down we dont trust them, but for us to move forward we MUST at some point give governemnt our trust. I have nothing against those protesting, they have the right and they may be right, but they may be wrong too. The crowd is not always right, especially if they are acting out of emotions.
What determins if they are right or wrong is what GEJ is able to do or deliver at the end of all this. Am more than happy to hear your views even if they are contrary to mine.

stop being senseless and ask yourself what has the govt. done with trillions in yearly budgets? what makes you trust them with the alleged 'savings' from fuel subsidy removal? i hope you have brains!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by oiseworld: 12:55am On Jan 15, 2012
stiyke:

@dadaic
Thanks and apology accepted.
I know all these you have said, its like being between the devil and the deep blue sea. The truth is that we dont trust them especially GEJ. But i trust him call me what ever you like but i sincerely believe he will use use the subsidy money for something better. I prefer investing in future gains than burning it all now, cause am a business man. I hate to remember that the lagislator have such mind buggling allowances and the President cant really change that based on our constitution.
Yes Gov has let us down we dont trust them, but for us to move forward we MUST at some point give governemnt our trust. I have nothing against those protesting, they have the right and they may be right, but they may be wrong too. The crowd is not always right, especially if they are acting out of emotions.
What determins if they are right or wrong is what GEJ is able to do or deliver at the end of all this. Am more than happy to hear your views even if they are contrary to mine.

SECONDED.

if you carefully study the Nigerian economy you would notice how difficult it is to do business, this subsidy stuff has been the problem.
Nigerians have tried all types of business and they don't succed y? because the oil sector has refused to create a competative economy.  and nobody thinks about this
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by LogicMind: 12:55am On Jan 15, 2012
Those comparing our democratically elected government to libyan, tunisian and egyptian dictatorships of more than 30 years should get their heads checked.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by elrony(m): 12:56am On Jan 15, 2012
"Protest is beyond Labour It is a matter for the Nigerian people” Abdulwahed Omar NLC President #OCCUPYNIGERIA
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 15, 2012
@abbeylevels: Coup is certainly out of this struggle! Soldiers should stay in the Barracks. We can occupy Aso Rock ourselves!
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by ratiken(m): 12:59am On Jan 15, 2012
Obijulius:

I blame d military 4 handin power 2 obasanjo. They shld av destroyed dat son of a dog like they did m.k.o. Well ihejerika can take dis as his divine opportunity to rewrite nigeria's history
Ihejirika has his own share of the loot, so ur wish is almost an impossibility. All loopholes for the younger folks in the army has been blocked. Never expect a coup, all the guys that could execute it have been incorporated into the current democratic government.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by femmy2010(m): 1:00am On Jan 15, 2012
oiseworld:

SINCE GEJ DID NOT DIE AS A POOR FISHERMAN, WITHOUT NO SHOES, NIGERIANS WILL NOT DIE WITH FUEL AT N141K FOR JUST 2 YEARS OR LESS.

I guess we buy that crude oil from Ivory Coast?
I Wonder where this subsidy thing came from sef.
What good is the crude oil 9ja have sef when when it would only place more hardship on us.

Below are the price at which petrol are sold for in other OPEC member states.
Venezuela     - N3.20
Algeria          - N51.20
Iran              - N16
Kuwait          - N36.80
Saudi Arabia  - 25.60
UAE              -  N75.20
Angola          -  N104
Ecuador        -  N84.80
Libya            -  N27.20
Qatar           -  N30
Nigeria          -  N141

SAY NO TO THE NON EXISTING SUBSIDY REMOVAL.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by oiseworld: 1:01am On Jan 15, 2012
Obijulius:

childish talk.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by gascoign1(m): 1:03am On Jan 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

If unions want their wishes imposed on the rest of us, they should form a political party and contest election and win. That's democracy. Blocking the economy for days because a government is trying to do what it was elected to do is borderline illegal.
I'm wondering why the FG does not take a leaf from Enugu State Gov. and lock up those strike leaders.

Democracy people. You have your vote, you used it. You will get another opportunity next time. Go back to work.

Who is this animal? please go back to the zoo
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Abagworo(m): 1:04am On Jan 15, 2012
Anybody blaming subsidy as the reason for the failure of Jonathan's Government has as well exonerated all our past leaders from any blame.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by damola1: 1:05am On Jan 15, 2012
We go suffer well well oh,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by femmy2010(m): 1:10am On Jan 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

Go back to a work that is yet to pay N18k a month and expenses a month due to the hike pump price stand at about N30k a month?
You sure must be kidding me.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by DanKan0: 1:10am On Jan 15, 2012
which way Nigeria which way?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by oiseworld: 1:10am On Jan 15, 2012
Abagworo:

Anybody blaming subsidy as the reason for the failure of Jonathan's Government has as well exonerated all our past leaders from any blame.

who told you GEJ government has failed, mind you its still less than a year. how come it has failled, he just warming up.

una never see anything yet.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by bilaya(m): 1:14am On Jan 15, 2012
Internet warriors.You all are running your mouths and u can't do anything.Just shut your mouth if u haven't gone out on d streets to protest
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by oiseworld: 1:15am On Jan 15, 2012
gascoign1:

Who is this animal? please go back to the zoo

some animals are more reasonable than humans, oga human.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by LogicMind: 1:15am On Jan 15, 2012
femmy2010:

Go back to a work that is yet to pay N18k a month and expenses a month due to the hike pump price stand at about N30k a month?
You sure must be kidding me.

Do something else then.
How many biafrans are demonstrating for subsidy today? Yet they all started with 20 naira each in 1970.
Go back to work, do something else, live within your means. Get off the streets. You are unelected. You are a minority.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 15, 2012
aluta continua, victoria ascerta
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by MyPoint: 1:17am On Jan 15, 2012
abeylevels:

HOW I WISH THE MILITARY CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THEIR FAMILIES ARE ALSO SUFFERING.

THEY SHOULD JOIN US AND THROW OUT BADLUCK FROM ASO ROCK.

WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS, ?
[b]
WE NEED GUNS LIKE THEY DID IN LYBIA.

I THINK THIS IS THE TIME FOR OUR REVOLUTION.

WHEN A PRESIDENT IS STUBBORN JUST LIKE IN LYBIA THEN HE IS ABOUT TO DIE[/b]

Is this what you really wish for this Nation?
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by clip: 1:22am On Jan 15, 2012
Please let us take this second phase of the industrial action to ask for accountability and if need be take the action down to the people stealing our money.God bless Nigeria people.
It is a golden opportunity for us to OccupyNigeria
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by REVOLUTNIS: 1:24am On Jan 15, 2012
Nigeria is going to burn,
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by cashful(m): 1:24am On Jan 15, 2012
those thinking that labour is working in tadem with CSGroups led by tunde bakare of SNG, might be disappointed afterall. Omar and one of the labour officials rebbuffed a journalist for even mentioning bakare and his group demands, in there words ''who is bakare and do you see him here?''
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by gymer(m): 1:25am On Jan 15, 2012
God bless logic mind. I am for subsidy removal. We voted GEJ, we should allow him to work. May God continue to keep and lead Mr. President.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by success4(m): 1:32am On Jan 15, 2012
gymer:

God bless logic mind. I am for subsidy removal. We voted GEJ, we should allow him to work. May God continue to keep and lead Mr. President.

hmmmmmm angry angry angry
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by femmy2010(m): 1:32am On Jan 15, 2012
Logic Mind:

Do something else then.
How many biafrans are demonstrating for subsidy today? Yet they all started with 20 naira each in 1970.
Go back to work, do something else, live within your means. Get off the streets. You are unelected. You are a minority.

You might have decided to keep quiet but majority of Nigerians are saying no to the hike in pump price which has triggered an high cost in prices of commodities etc and any government that fails to yield to the cry of the majority has set the ball rolling to attain failure.
Mr I had no shoe can devote N45m for Newspaper and N9m for magazine and expect our brothers and sisters to live with an inadequate unpaid N18 a month?
Any government that is unrealistic with its policy formulation cum implementation certainly does not have the interest of the masses at heart as such should be asked to leave.
Re: NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues by Zak: 1:39am On Jan 15, 2012
which way nigeria?
can we have details of the negotiations pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tribalist Statements Credited To One Of Our Founding Fathers- Sardauna / Jibrin Links Dogara And Hembe With Prostitutes / Okorocha Absent As INEC Presents Certificate To Senators-Elect- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.