Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North (12448 Views)

PDP AND APC Blame Each Other For The Killings In Rivers State- See Tweets / Mtn's Office Shut Down In Benin Over The Killings Of Nigerians In South Africa / Ibb To Jonathan : Stop The Killings Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ak47mann(m): 10:19pm On Jan 16, 2012
olodostein

that's a good rhythms  cool  true talk,the most high have a special plan for us cool
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2012
Olodostein:
How much DOSE of naivety have you taken?

I don't know what makes me naive this time. Am I not in support of the protests? Nigerians nationwide have been protesting everything. Fuel subsidy removal, corruption, BH, accountability, etc. My people sat down. In the other thread NL Igbos gave every reason as to why they shouldn't protest. I said Igbos should protest. Everyone gave me a Biafra argument and shut me up. Apparently not all Igbos want to remain silent about suffering. I'm here expressing support and belittling has begun again. O gini na fi o? If you have a problem with the protests, stop pasting lyrics, get off NL, go to Abia and tell them to return home and lick ofe onugbu while the country transforms without them. We'll see how successful you are.

"How many doses"
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by sheyguy: 10:25pm On Jan 16, 2012
noiseless:

Bros i just wish to put some things straight just in case the guy SHEGUY is a yoruba who lives and works in the ND,i have came across where he was bragging how he was there just for their money.So dont pay attention to ND he put in his file, thank you and kudos to our abia people.
Mr. Noiseless must u sound senseless all the time? Where on NL av i claim to be in ND for the sake of 'our' money? Stop hallucinating and get back to reality real quick.
Those Abians goofed big time jor. . . .
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by canuck(m): 10:26pm On Jan 16, 2012
This is commendable. Protests against BH should keep spreading.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ollyruffy: 10:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
This is another welcome development.

There is fire on the mountain! GEJ, run! run!! run!!!

May peace of mind will be far away from all enemies(including JONA) of this nation called, NIGERIA.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 16, 2012
ogugua88:

I don't know what makes me naive this time. Am I not in support of the protests? Nigerians nationwide have been protesting everything. Fuel subsidy removal, corruption, BH, accountability, etc. My people sat down. In the other thread NL Igbos gave every reason as to why they shouldn't protest. I said Igbos should protest. Everyone gave me a Biafra argument and shut me up. Apparently not all Igbos want to remain silent about suffering. I'm here expressing support and belittling has begun again. O gini na fi o? If you have a problem with the protests, stop pasting lyrics, get off NL, go to Abia and tell them to return home and lick ofe onugbu while the country transforms without them. We'll see how successful you are.

"How many doses"

Thank you for the correction "Anglo Saxon".  

You concur with people who mock the death of innocent people. I see where you stand. You have not answered my questions. You keep running away from yourself. Is subsidy more important than HUMAN LIVES? It is quite obvious you enjoy living in your fantasy world. I don't need to go to Aba. They are doing their best there and we are doing our best on the front line where you won't be spared a bit if you miss road.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 16, 2012
Olodostein:
Thank you for the correction "Anglo Saxon".  

You concur with people who mock the death of innocent people. I see where you stand. You have not answered my questions. You keep running away from yourself. Is subsidy more important than HUMAN LIVES? It is quite obvious you enjoy living in your fantasy world. I don't need to go to Aba. They are doing their best there and we are doing our best on the front line where you won't be spared a bit if you miss road.

Who is mocking the death of innocent people? I won't answer questions for tribalists, no, because their train of thought is very narrow. I am an Igbo woman and I support Nigeria, regardless of tribe. The problem in Nigeria is not a Hausa problem, Yoruba problem, Igbo problem, Fulani problem, etc. It's a Nigerian problem. There is good and bad in every tribe, so to look at one tribe and point and say who is wrong or right or good or bad, is naive.

The protests are more than subsidy related. You think Muslims and Christians in Kano are holding hands because of fuel price? You think Muslims are standing outside Christian churches, protecting Christians and vice versa because of N97 or N141?
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ak47mann(m): 10:46pm On Jan 16, 2012
if you look into what is really going on right now in Nigeria,other tribes are now advocating for separation more than igbos,GOD knows the reason may their prayers become reality AMEN!!!
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by eastOFwest(m): 10:47pm On Jan 16, 2012
You and I know that if the Abians had done this protest b4 d fuel subsidy saga, elements in the press and govt would have branded them massob and sent in the Calvary with guns blazing. Already, the feedback from other tribes in Nigeria after a few bombing was effectively "wetin u dey do there self? Una too like money".  I can't see how that kind of attitude would have led to any support. Damned if they do; Damned if they don't.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ak47mann(m): 10:53pm On Jan 16, 2012
HAUSA/FULANI'S will soon killing each other b/w the two Muslim groups when igbos are finally gone,and we can see that federal govt is fighting hard to prevent that,cos they no what coming next it all fallin into our plans,they will definitely get a pay back doesn't end there cool
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by akigbemaru: 10:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
Igbo people with thick skulls. Owe Yoruba, e fi etee sile en paa lapalapa. You ignore Leprosy killing Eczema (you are not ready to cure the illness). When you supposed to be at OccupyNaija your lame dogs put tails in between the thighs barking in Eastern Region. If you want to protest,  you go to Northern states and do that. Not from far away smelling the sweetness of delicious soup. Mo wi te mi ooooo!!! I said my mine oooooo!!!
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Rhino5dm: 11:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
Afurum ka gi na anya cool

ogugua88:

Who is mocking the death of innocent people? I won't answer questions for tribalists, no, because their train of thought is very narrow. I am an Igbo woman and I support Nigeria, regardless of tribe. The problem in Nigeria is not a Hausa problem, Yoruba problem, Igbo problem, Fulani problem, etc. It's a Nigerian problem. There is good and bad in every tribe, so to look at one tribe and point and say who is wrong or right or good or bad, is naive.

The protests are more than subsidy related. You think Muslims and Christians in Kano are holding hands because of fuel price? You think Muslims are standing outside Christian churches, protecting Christians and vice versa because of N97 or N141?
ogugua88:

Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by akinmax: 11:04pm On Jan 16, 2012
ogugua88:

[/quote

Your contribution is agog !.I respect your knowledgeable thought.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 16, 2012
Your comrades of course. Tonnes of them on here. Kai Mallam, Ogugua, you called me a Tribalist? Don't be sarcastic, my friend, just come out and say OLODO, you are a Tribalist ! grin.  You may call our thoughts narrow, shallow, rorrow, dumbfounded. The fact still remains that in the abundance of water, the inexperienced is still tasty.

I don't need to start singing kumbayah again about how i used to be an ardent Nigerian nationalist. You have to understand one thing that, a toad does not run in the daytime for nothing.

You make some legitimate points though. There is good and bad in every tribe. I was born and baptized in Kano,spent tangible time in other parts of Naija and can attest to that.

What has happened to the protest? Wasn't it hijacked? Haven't labor sold you guys out? A protest not based on Fundamental values and selflessness is doomed to failure regardless of its goal undecided.

What I saw and foresee in Naija with her complacency. "Only a short sighted person lean upon his/her own misunderstanding." ( No hard feelings).  Time will tell.

Besides, you sound like someone who hasn't lived in a state in Naija for a full year or so,let alone other parts of it.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2012
ogugua88:

Your comrades of course. Tonnes of them on here. Kai Mallam, Ogugua, you called me a Tribalist? Don't be sarcastic, my friend, just come out and say OLODO, you are a Tribalist ! Grin.  You may call our thoughts narrow, shallow, rorrow, dumbfounded. The fact still remains that in the abundance of water, the inexperienced is still tasty.

I don't need to start singing kumbayah again about how i used to be an ardent Nigerian nationalist. You have to understand one thing that, a toad does not run in the daytime for nothing.

You make some legitimate points though. There is good and bad in every tribe. I was born and baptized in Kano,spent tangible time in other parts of Naija and can attest to that.

What has happened to the protest? Wasn't it hijacked? Haven't labor sold you guys out? A protest not based on Fundamental values and selflessness is doomed to failure regardless of its goal Undecided.

What I saw and foresee in Naija with her complacency. "Only a short sighted person lean upon his/her own misunderstanding." ( No hard feelings).  Time will tell.

Besides, you sound like someone who hasn't lived in a state in Naija for a full year or so,let alone other parts of it.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by noiseless: 11:35pm On Jan 16, 2012
I had to mention your ID to stop him from thinking you are from ND, cos he doesn't seem to know you are yoruba and a selfish greedy bigot who doesn't care other peoples lives as long as he gets it all,and constantly make mockery of the fallen igbos all the time.SO GET A LIFE IF YOU HAVE ONE.
sheyguy:

Mr. Noiseless must u sound senseless all the time? Where on NL av i claim to be in ND for the sake of 'our' money? Stop hallucinating and get back to reality real quick.
Those Abians goofed big time jor. . . .
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by noiseless: 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2012
FAKE FAKE AND FAKE,BLA BLA BLA AND BLA.
ogugua88:

Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by blocker: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2012
Olodostein:

Your comrades of course. Tonnes of them on here. Kai Mallam, Ogugua, you called me a Tribalist? Don't be sarcastic, my friend, just come out and say OLODO, you are a Tribalist ! Grin.  You may call our thoughts narrow, shallow, rorrow, dumbfounded. The fact still remains that in the abundance of water, the inexperienced is still tasty.

What has happened to the protest? Wasn't it hijacked? Haven't labor sold you guys out? A protest not based on Fundamental values and selflessness is doomed to failure regardless of its goal Undecided.

What I saw and foresee in Naija with her complacency. "Only a short sighted person lean upon his/her own misunderstanding." ( No hard feelings).  Time will tell.

The people of the South South by now I think should know who their true foes are. To many Weterners and Northerners in this "NAIRALAND" the killing of people by Boho Haram is okay as long as it is Igbo or South/ South is okay. As for me I can only be true to my Igbo nature. No apologies for that.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2012
akigbemaru:

Igbo people with thick skulls. Owe Yoruba, e fi etee sile en paa lapalapa. You ignore Leprosy killing Eczema (you are not ready to cure the illness). When you supposed to be at OccupyNaija your lame dogs put tails in between the thighs barking in Eastern Region. If you want to protest,  you go to Northern states and do that. Not from far away smelling the sweetness of delicious soup. Mo wi te mi ooooo!!! I said my mine oooooo!!!

Bless you.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by chmod777: 12:00am On Jan 17, 2012
[size=26pt]MY brother these SE guys are really very healthy. I am not in Nigeria but if Nigerians should look the way they are , then I must rush back home . The Ojota, kaduna and Kano mob looked starved.[/size]
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ak47mann(m): 12:04am On Jan 17, 2012
That is what i don't understands,everybody is blaming Jonathan as he was the man that brought corruption,boko haram,ritual,tribalism,genocide,crime against humanity,marginalization.

That country is a very difficult country to rule very disorganise,the next man don't care about their neighbour,it is sad really,very sad. cool
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ak47mann(m): 12:07am On Jan 17, 2012
chmod777:

[size=26pt]MY brother these SE guys are really very healthy. I am not in Nigeria but if Nigerians should look the way they are , then I must rush back home . The Ojota, kaduna and Kano mob looked starved.[/size]
true talk i keep telling them to come to SE and see how healthy they are living,if we control light water by ourselves, O boy!by now,na different story,
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 17, 2012
blocker:

The people of the South South by now I think should know who their true foes are. To many Weterners and Northerners in this "NAIRALAND" the killing of people by Boho Haram is okay as long as it is Igbo or South/ South is okay. As for me I can only be true to my Igbo nature. No apologies for that.

noiseless:

She doesn't understand. Living in La La Land. In fact, I am beginning to doubt she is FULL blooded Igbo. Oh well, it is a free world cheesy.

chmod777:

[size=26pt]MY brother  these SE guys are really very healthy. I am not in Nigeria but if Nigerians should look the way they are , then I must rush back home . The Ojota, kaduna and Kano mob looked starved.[/size]

Leave those Yoruba's and Aboki's. After eating Ofe nsala, Nkwobi, ishi ewu with enuf utasi, ofe akwu  and lots of igbo goodies, they expect us to be like "I" like them?

Wetin them get, no be only Amala and Tuwo chinkafa and those wedu wedu soup( na lo ka ncha), wey dey like wetin person fit use wash clothes.  

I go dye, abeg, na where u dey, come give this mofos some waffi style.

ak47mann:

That is what i don't understands,everybody is blaming Jonathan as he was the man that brought corruption,boko haram,ritual,tribalism,genocide,crime against humanity,marginalization.

That country is a very difficult country to rule very disorganise,the next man don't care about their neighbour,it is sad really,very sad. cool

Leave the Akuya's; Dem no go understand. Good night bro cool.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 17, 2012
Olodostein:
She doesn't understand. Living in La La Land. In fact, I am beginning to doubt she is FULL blooded Igbo. Oh well, it is a free world cheesy.

I'm from Umudioka, Neni LGA, Anambra State. You won't get another response from me.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by HighChief4(m): 12:27am On Jan 17, 2012
chmod777:

Very very healthy. And they were not looting as well. Much respect
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 12:28am On Jan 17, 2012
Fellow Citizens,

Lets neglect comments of our beloved brothers and sisters from the east and south south- Their comments is a type of corruption in itself called nepotism - i.e. giving unmerited favour to your kinsman at ALL COST when he least deserves it. OBJ did not win election even in his ward in south west in 1999 but we delivered the west to Jonathan in 2011. We are civilized people without sentiment. We protested against some people called cabals to make sure Jonathan was confirmed acting president. No sentiment

Where was SS/SE when we protested against the CABALs who failed to make Jonathan the substantive acting president when Yar adua was sick? Did they join in the protest? No. Where were they when we protested against Abacha and IBB? Where were they when we protested against OBJ on fuel subsidy led by Oshiomole? Where were they when we protested against the annulment of June 12 election. Where were they when The Ganis, Kutis, Falanas, alfreds, faseuns, Adesanyas e.tc were laying their lives to make Our President beneficiary of the struggles he knows little about. The history of civil protest in Nigeria has also been without them because they are educationally disadvantage, they cannot protest for or against what they don't even understand.

Jonathan came to Lagos and danced before us like a beggar pleading for our votes, he danced to the same music we played at Gani-Fawehinmi park we trusted him and voted him, even OBJ did not get that kind of support. Now we did the same thing and people who now claim to be his brother are angry, Jona himself is angry. Why are you angry? What kind of people would call a fellow man Monkey? We understand the average psyche of anyone from the east, you got admitted to our universities with 5 ordinary passes because we recognised you are educational disadvantage and we don't expect much sense from you.

If you can relate well with ur environment, you would agree that the protest was avoidable, if Our President (Not Ijaw or Ibo President) respect the constitution he swore to uphold. The National Assemble - Who were the representative of the people convened on an usual day -Sunday- and spoke with one voice that he should revert back to 65 Naira. But he declined. When the President violate the principle of democracy and disrespect the peoples reepresentatives he gets what he deserves-Peaceful protest.Respect is reciprocal.

Should a man who lives on the bank of the river wash his hand with spittle? - An Ibo Proverb
Should a man bite the finger that fed him? An Ibo Proverbs
Is it not greed that makes an hunter who killed an elephant to still want to hunt for rats on his way home?

While I agree that it is never right to Kill another man for any reason like the Boko-Haram sect, It is the act of oppression through military force like the ones deployed to forestall peaceful protest in Gani Fawehinmi Park that might have been responsible for the creation of such sect. Your sect in south south (Kidnappers) and SE (otokoto) was the result of similar neglect. Yar-Adua was responsible enough to listen to you, bring you out of the creeks and send you to school so that you behave like responsible people. Because he listened he even appointed - Jonathan as his running mate. Let Our President - Not Ijaw or SS or SE President listen to us and we would have a better Nigeria.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 17, 2012
O jah rastafari , save us from the iniquity of tumbo tumbo in the belle. But, that meat no bad sha, I go chop am, albeit with carefulness and use the rest wash clothes.

Very delicious ewedu soup undecided.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by watamansow: 12:29am On Jan 17, 2012
na true talk THIS GUYS LOOKS REFRESHED MORE THAN WAT I SAW 4ROM OJOTA AND THE REST PROTESTERS LOL, WE GUYS OUTSIDE DON BOW 4 THEM, THEY ARE THE OYIBO OF 9JA                                                                
ak47mann:

true talk i keep telling them to come to SE and see how healthy they are living,if we control light water by ourselves, O boy!by now,na different story,
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 17, 2012
O jah rastafari , save us from the iniquity of tumbo tumbo in the belle. But, that meat no bad sha, I go chop am, albeit with carefulness and use the rest wash clothes.

Very delicious ewedu soup undecided.

Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by HighChief4(m): 12:29am On Jan 17, 2012
noiseless:

Olodostein:

Leave those Yoruba's and Aboki's. After eating Ofe nsala, Nkwobi, ishi ewu with enuf utasi, ofe akwu  and lots of igbo goodies, they expect us to be like "I" like them?

Wetin them get, no be only Amala and Tuwo chinkafa and those wedu wedu soup( na lo ka ncha), wey dey like wetin person fit use wash clothes.  

I go dye, abeg, na where u dey, come give this mofos some waffi style.

Leave the Akuya's; Dem no go understand. Good night bro cool.

Ogugua is a full fledged Igbo woman, Confirmed. Lets not be too rigid on her. Na dedicated activist oooh  grin grin grin grin
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by nedu210(m): 12:44am On Jan 17, 2012
NYSC members were kill, sw kept quiet,  killin in jos, benue, nasalawa, adamawa, niger, abuja, Nc(mb) sw, se,ss were affected every body kept quiet, nw igbos protest, its a problem for yoruba, if they start feedin river niger with northern ppl it will still be a problem for yoruba, if they keep quiet it will also still be a problem for yoruba. NC ar shoutin they ar no more north, nw if am a nigerian frm east and i cant stay in the north or west wat makes me a nigerian. Igbos ar protestin hw is it yoruba or any other ppls problem. We igbo have lost enough lives in this HELL called con3, yoruba ppl should let ndigbo be plz. I said yoruba cos i knw 99.9% of this stu.pid idiõtz shoutin here ar yorubas. Wen abians went for protest i dint hear them tell yoruba or any other ppl 2 come and help them so u ppl should mind ur own problem.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 17, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm from Umudioka, Neni LGA, Anambra State . You won't get another response from me.

Say, you be who? Mother Teresa or Bianca Ojukwu?  I laugh in farsi.

High_Chief:

Ogugua is a full fledged Igbo woman, Confirmed. Lets not be too rigid on her. Na dedicated activist oooh  grin grin grin grin

Okay High Chief.

@Ogugua

My bad. Forgive me, Nne. Just sooo mad as Hell because of my innocent brethren being butchered with impunity and some people are mocking them and also the selective justice on GEJ.

“There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.”

“To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.”

Ka udo chia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CUPP Alleges Plan To Frame Up Atiku, Saraki, Melaye / Nnamdi Kanu Is An Enemy Of Ndigbo. By Ugonna Utulor / Buhari – Few Nigerians Abroad Are Giving Us Bad Name By Engaging In Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.