Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,247 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North (12447 Views)

PDP AND APC Blame Each Other For The Killings In Rivers State- See Tweets / Mtn's Office Shut Down In Benin Over The Killings Of Nigerians In South Africa / Ibb To Jonathan : Stop The Killings Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by BlackPikiN(m): 12:58am On Jan 17, 2012
^^^Everybody loves Ogugua. She's a notable ADA.
NWA IGBO eji aga mba.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by otokx(m): 1:08am On Jan 17, 2012
wow
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by SamIkenna: 1:19am On Jan 17, 2012
Ogugua88, my sister run for your life when people tell you they love you but hate your people. I read where Rhino.5dm was rooting for you, I assume he now admires you (an Igbo woman) so much. Need I say how much he hates anything Igbo only to turn around and admire an Igbo woman? That should tell you something is not right with ur position. Anyway, its just my take and you don't have to take it seriously. One love sister.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by BlackPikiN(m): 1:33am On Jan 17, 2012
^^^^You are so right about Rhino.5dm
He will be the first to kill Ogugua if He has the chance to.
He's cold-blooded.
Check his previous post.
Rhino is colded blooded and who laughs when an Igbo is killed.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 1:42am On Jan 17, 2012
Fellow Citizens,

Lets neglect comments of our beloved brothers and sisters from the east and south south- Their comments is a type of corruption in itself called nepotism - i.e. giving unmerited favour to your kinsman at ALL COST when he least deserves it. OBJ did not win election even in his ward in south west in 1999 but we delivered the west to Jonathan in 2011. We are civilized people without sentiment. We protested against some people called cabals to make sure Jonathan was confirmed acting president. No sentiment

Where was SS/SE when we protested against the CABALs who failed to make Jonathan the substantive acting president when Yar adua was sick? Did they join in the protest? No. Where were they when we protested against Abacha and IBB? Where were they when we protested against OBJ on fuel subsidy led by Oshiomole? Where were they when we protested against the annulment of June 12 election. Where were they when The Ganis, Kutis, Falanas, alfreds, faseuns, Adesanyas e.tc were laying their lives to make Our President beneficiary of the struggles he knows little about. The history of civil protest in Nigeria has also been without them because they are educationally disadvantage, they cannot protest for or against what they don't even understand.

Jonathan came to Lagos and danced before us like a beggar pleading for our votes, he danced to the same music we played at Gani-Fawehinmi park we trusted him and voted him, even OBJ did not get that kind of support. Now we did the same thing and people who now claim to be his brother are angry, Jona himself is angry. Why are you angry? What kind of people would call a fellow man Monkey? We understand the average psyche of anyone from the east, you got admitted to our universities with 5 ordinary passes because we recognised you are educational disadvantage and we don't expect much sense from you.

If you can relate well with your environment, you would agree that the protest was avoidable, if Our President (Not Ijaw or Ibo President) respect the constitution he swore to uphold. The National Assemble - Who were the representative of the people convened on an usual day -Sunday- and spoke with one voice that he should revert back to 65 Naira. But he declined. When the President violate the principle of democracy and disrespect the peoples reepresentatives he gets what he deserves-Peaceful protest.Respect is reciprocal.

Should a man who lives on the bank of the river wash his hand with spittle? - An Ibo Proverb
Should a man bite the finger that fed him? An Ibo Proverbs
Is it not greed that makes an hunter who killed an elephant to still want to hunt for rats on his way home?

While I agree that it is never right to Kill another man for any reason like the Boko-Haram sect, It is the act of oppression through military force like the ones deployed to forestall peaceful protest in Gani Fawehinmi Park that might have been responsible for the creation of such sect. Your sect in south south (Kidnappers) and SE (otokoto) was the result of similar neglect. Yar-Adua was responsible enough to listen to you, bring you out of the creeks and send you to school so that you behave like responsible people. Because he listened he even appointed - Jonathan as his running mate. Let Our President - Not Ijaw or SS or SE President listen to us and we would have a better Nigeria.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by sheyguy: 1:46am On Jan 17, 2012
noiseless:

I had to mention your ID to stop him from thinking you are from ND, cos he doesn't seem to know you are yoruba and [b]a selfish greedy bigot who doesn't care other peoples lives as long as he gets it all,and constantly make mockery of the fallen igbos all the time.[/b]SO GET A LIFE IF YOU HAVE ONE.
u exibit all the trait u just tied to my NL USER_ID now. Were u not a member of Nl when ibos and their brothers were mocking other ethnic group killed and calling them coward & all sorts of name. U r exactly what u av tried to paint me up there. IF U THINK U AV A LIFE, THEN GET A BETTER ONE.
Good day and Thank you.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by yiladogo: 2:01am On Jan 17, 2012
The only thing I'll add to this is stop being tribalistic and stop being unnecessarily proud.
For those of you who said Occupy Nigeria should protest the killings and Boko Haram. I don't know about other centres but in Abuja. They did (several placrds asked the govt. to check Boko Haram's killings I saw this with my own eyes). In fact the initiative of Muslims going to guard Christians started from a thread posted on the Occupy Nigeria page on facebook. And it was a Muslim who suggested it.

I say stop the tribalism because, More Northerners have died as a result of the attacks in Northern Nigeria than southerners. You're quick to assume the only Christians in the north are southerners. (That's not the case, we plenty for here).

I strongly suggest some of you come up north or at least ask those who have before making assumptions. We need more peace in this country than unnecessarily marginalization. If only, you'll open your eyes you'll see we all want the same things. Peace, Better living standards, Accountability from our government, Better schools and amenities for our Children.

the same things cause we all live in the same Nigeria.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by nedu210(m): 2:03am On Jan 17, 2012
@ebosed, i want 2  respond to ur comment cos of the way u put it, and i can see dat u ar not like other yoruba dat eat insult as mornin, afternon and night food, although u insulted, but u put ur insult in a civilized way.  But u got many things wrong my broda, the igbo hav always been with sw in many thing, but hav the sw been with us as we hav been with then?  NYSC we were with u ppl, in abiola we were with u ppl and so many other 2many to mention. I dont knw about any protest about obj subsidy, GEJ is not an igbo and its not all about an ijaw but all about wat we think is write, ppl said the removal of subsidy is good but the time is bad and dat is true, but wat use is the protest if the removal of subsidy is gud? And why did u tag this non protest se/ss, did u see any protest in benue,kogi,adamawa and jos. Ppl dat dint protest did wat they felt was right its just as simple as dat. @ogugua, it dosent matter were u come frm or wat ppl think about u, l alway tell ppl dat wat matters is wat u think about ur self, alway do wat u think is right. Like me i dont care wat ppl think about igbos i only care wat we igbos think about our self.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 2:19am On Jan 17, 2012
nedu210:

@ebosed, i want 2  respond to your comment cos of the way u put it, and i can see dat u ar not like other yoruba dat eat insult as mornin, afternon and night food, although u insulted, but u put your insult in a civilized way.  But u got many things wrong my broda, the igbo hav always been with sw in many thing, but hav the sw been with us as we hav been with then?  NYSC we were with u ppl, in abiola we were with u ppl and so many other 2many to mention. I dont knw about any protest about obj subsidy, GEJ is not an igbo and its not all about an ijaw but all about wat we think is write, ppl said the removal of subsidy is good but the time is bad and dat is true, but wat use is the protest if the removal of subsidy is gud? And why did u tag this non protest se/ss, did u see any protest in benue,kogi,adamawa and jos. Ppl dat dint protest did wat they felt was right its just as simple as dat. @ogugua, it dosent matter were u come frm or wat ppl think about u, l alway tell ppl dat wat matters is wat u think about your self, alway do wat u think is right. Like me i dont care wat ppl think about igbos i only care wat we igbos think about our self.

Good comment. I might not be absolutely right as you sensibly observed. The point I seek to make clear on NL is that it is not about NEPOTISM. As you rightly observe some states did not protest because it is their right not to protest but they did not condemn others who did. All the post I have seen here on NL by people who claim to be from SE/SS shows some unfortunate disadvantage of improper education. I am ashame that people all over the world could be reading this. Those who protest and those who don't have their right to so do. But when some people begin to rain insult on others for protesting we need to enlighten them. I was born in the north schooled in the east and live today in the west. I have always seen every human being the same african or not, and love people including you.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nchara: 2:23am On Jan 17, 2012
ebosed:

Good comment. I might not be absolutely right as you sensibly observed. The point I seek to make clear on NL is that it is not about NEPOTISM. As you rightly observe some states did not protest because it is their right not to protest but they did not condemn others who did. All the post I have seen here on NL by people who claim to be from SE/SS shows some unfortunate disadvantage of improper education. I am ashame that people all over the world could be reading this. Those who protest and those who don't have their right to so do. But when some people begin to rain insult on others for protesting we need to enlighten them. I was born in the north schooled in the east and live today in the west. I have always seen every human being the same african or not, and love people including you.

Obviously you see only with one eye. Was your second eye so blind that you did not see the insults those who protested were raining on those who did not protest?
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 2:26am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Obviously you see only with one eye. Was your second eye so blind that you did not see the insults those who protested were raining on those who did not protest?

That Exactly is my point, you uncultured manner. GBAM!
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nchara: 2:29am On Jan 17, 2012
ebosed:

Alj Harem:

Take your grossly jaundiced and biased point to your father.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 2:29am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

comment on this:

ebosed:

Fellow Citizens,

Lets neglect comments of our beloved brothers and sisters from the east and south south- Their comments is a type of corruption in itself called nepotism - i.e. giving unmerited favour to your kinsman at ALL COST when he least deserves it. OBJ did not win election even in his ward in south west in 1999 but we delivered the west to Jonathan in 2011. We are civilized people without sentiment. We protested against some people called cabals to make sure Jonathan was confirmed acting president. No sentiment

Where was SS/SE when we protested against the CABALs who failed to make Jonathan the substantive acting president when Yar adua was sick? Did they join in the protest? No. Where were they when we protested against Abacha and IBB? Where were they when we protested against OBJ on fuel subsidy led by Oshiomole? Where were they when we protested against the annulment of June 12 election. Where were they when The Ganis, Kutis, Falanas, alfreds, faseuns, Adesanyas e.tc were laying their lives to make Our President beneficiary of the struggles he knows little about. The history of civil protest in Nigeria has also been without them because they are educationally disadvantage, they cannot protest for or against what they don't even understand.

Jonathan came to Lagos and danced before us like a beggar pleading for our votes, he danced to the same music we played at Gani-Fawehinmi park we trusted him and voted him, even OBJ did not get that kind of support. Now we did the same thing and people who now claim to be his brother are angry, Jona himself is angry. Why are you angry? What kind of people would call a fellow man Monkey? We understand the average psyche of anyone from the east, you got admitted to our universities with 5 ordinary passes because we recognised you are educational disadvantage and we don't expect much sense from you.

If you can relate well with your environment, you would agree that the protest was avoidable, if Our President (Not Ijaw or Ibo President) respect the constitution he swore to uphold. The National Assemble - Who were the representative of the people convened on an usual day -Sunday- and spoke with one voice that he should revert back to 65 Naira. But he declined. When the President violate the principle of democracy and disrespect the peoples reepresentatives he gets what he deserves-Peaceful protest.Respect is reciprocal.

Should a man who lives on the bank of the river wash his hand with spittle? - An Ibo Proverb
Should a man bite the finger that fed him? An Ibo Proverbs
Is it not greed that makes an hunter who killed an elephant to still want to hunt for rats on his way home?

While I agree that it is never right to Kill another man for any reason like the Boko-Haram sect, It is the act of oppression through military force like the ones deployed to forestall peaceful protest in Gani Fawehinmi Park that might have been responsible for the creation of such sect. Your sect in south south (Kidnappers) and SE (otokoto) was the result of similar neglect. Yar-Adua was responsible enough to listen to you, bring you out of the creeks and send you to school so that you behave like responsible people. Because he listened he even appointed - Jonathan as his running mate. Let Our President - Not Ijaw or SS or SE President listen to us and we would have a better Nigeria.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by aljharem(m): 2:31am On Jan 17, 2012
ebosed:

dude trust me you are wasting your time

this people hate yorubas and for the fact you are one, they hate everything about you and would not even grant u audiences. Good luck bros
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by aljharem(m): 2:31am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Alj Harem:

he also alj haram rigth. LOL good to know.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by kizito96(m): 2:32am On Jan 17, 2012
It is coming too late
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 2:32am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Alj Harem:

GBAM! You see why you need proper education? Why you need to leave the creeks and live among humans?
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nchara: 2:33am On Jan 17, 2012
ebosed:

GBAM! You see why you need proper education? Why you need to leave the creeks and live among humans?

Your father should have emptied the s.p.e.r.m that gave birth to you into the stream. He gave birth to a sub human, a chimp.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 2:38am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Your father should have emptied the s.p.e.r.m that gave birth to you into the stream. He gave birth to a sub human, a chimp.

GBAM! Imagine the level of violence running through your veins. What are you angry at? Please come out from among them, so that you can smell better life and be more civil. This is good for your future.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 2:40am On Jan 17, 2012
ebosed:

comment on this:

Thank you fellow country-man. They need to come out of the creeks.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Onlytruth(m): 2:41am On Jan 17, 2012
I personally don't think that [b]ogugua88 [/b]has lived in Nigeria AS AN ADULT.
She sounds so goofy. lol

@topic

I noticed how robust and well fed our folks are in SE.
Nna we no dey carry last any day!  cool cool cool

The killing has to stop in the North though.

Enough is enough.  angry
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nchara: 2:49am On Jan 17, 2012
ebosed:

GBAM! Imagine the level of violence running through your veins. What are you angry at? Please come out from among them, so that you can smell better life and be more civil. This is good for your future.

Illiterate cretin. What's it with Gbam allover the damn place, Alj Harem? Is that your new vocabulary? Ewu awusa
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 2:57am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Illiterate cretin. What's it with Gbam allover the damn place, Alj Harem? Is that your new vocabulary? Ewu awusa

Gbam!!! You are obviously behind civilisation. have you heard of cabalocracy? Please come to west for special education so that we can avoid another disaster yet to happen who knows you might become another president of Nigeria tomorrow.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by manny4life(m): 2:58am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Illiterate cretin. [size=16pt]What's it with Gbam allover the damn place, [/size]Alj Harem? Is that your new vocabulary? Ewu awusa

LOL,  grin grin grin

Onlytruth:

I personally don't think that ogugua88 [/b]has lived in Nigeria AS AN ADULT.
[b]She sounds so goofy. lol

Goofy, Lol, that is so not right. grin grin grin

She has been confirmed as a full fledged Igbo woman; Ada di ora mma 1 of Neni,  grin grin grin

Abeg, make we leave am,  e go better, just like someone said, hardcore activist just like me. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nchara: 3:00am On Jan 17, 2012
ebosed:

Gbam!!! You are obviously behind civilisation. have [/b]you heard of cabalocracy? Please come to west for special education so that we can avoid another disaster yet to happen [b](sic, no punctuation) who knows you might become another president of Nigeria tomorrow.

Only illiterates start a sentence with a small letter and no observation of punctuations. Now be gone to a kindergarten class.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 3:02am On Jan 17, 2012
Onlytruth:

I personally don't think that [b]ogugua88 [/b]has lived in Nigeria AS AN ADULT.
She sounds so goofy. lol

@topic

I noticed how robust and well fed our folks are in SE.
Nna we no dey carry last any day!  cool cool cool

The killing has to stop in the North though.

Enough is enough.  angry

It would stop, but the only apparatus of the state that can stop it is already working on it. Or are you saying the process is slow? Then pray!!!
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by ebosed: 3:07am On Jan 17, 2012
Nchara:

Only illiterates start a sentence with small letters and no observation of punctuations. Now be gone to a kindergarten class.

Gbam! Tell me u have difficulties understanding simple phrases. brighter grammer would be ok.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Onlytruth(m): 3:25am On Jan 17, 2012
manny4life:

LOL,  grin grin grin

Goofy, Lol, that is so not right. grin grin grin

She has been confirmed as a full fledged Igbo woman; Ada di ora mma 1 of Neni,  grin grin grin

Abeg, make we leave am,  e go better,  just like someone said, hardcore activist just like me. smiley smiley smiley

To prove my point, did you not read that the strike has ended? So what did they achieve? What did the dead folks die for? lol

Meanwhile, we are just beginning our own protest in SE.
That is how so out of touch she is.

BTW I know of only one Ada di ora mma here on Nairaland. Her name is[b] freecocoa[/b].   wink cool
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by HighChief4(m): 3:59am On Jan 17, 2012
^^^Eze Igbo, nwa ada anyi nwanyi aghotaghi ndoro ndoro ndi Yoruba na eme. Am glad we didnt participate in that fraudulent protest. Yes i choose ethnic stand cos those behind the protest wanted to use the platform to unseat Jonathan and also to their own selfish cause, you even see some ex and failed politicians condemin corruption, some even proferred solutions on how to make nigeria a better place and that makes one wonder why they didnt do all that while in power. These Yoruba activists disappeared when Obasanjo was in power only to come spew rubbish now. Am sure their Boko haram tactics is gettin slower in making nigeria ungovernable hence they opted for the protest.

I know Ogugua personally and she loves everything Igbo but just that activist part of her didnt make her understand d politics behind the protest, just like what happened to Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu.

Eze iga adiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 17, 2012
High_Chief:
^^^Eze Igbo, nwa ada anyi nwanyi aghotaghi ndoro ndoro ndi Yoruba na eme. Am glad we didnt participate in that fraudulent protest. Yes i choose ethnic stand cos those behind the protest wanted to use the platform to unseat Jonathan and also to their own selfish cause, you even see some ex and failed politicians condemin corruption, some even proferred solutions on how to make nigeria a better place and that makes one wonder why they didnt do all that while in power. These Yoruba activists disappeared when Obasanjo was in power only to come spew rubbish now. Am sure their Boko haram tactics is gettin slower in making nigeria ungovernable hence they opted for the protest.

I know Ogugua personally and she loves everything Igbo but just that activist part of her didnt make her understand d politics behind the protest, just like what happened to Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu.

Eze iga adiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Who said I don't understand? They think I'm goofy or naive because I choose to overcome the past and stand for a united Nigeria than cookie-cut tribes. That's why Nigeria is tattered. Igbos think they're the best. Yorubas think they're the best. Hausas think they're the best. Everyone with their personal agenda and hardly anyone caring about the nation as a whole.

I think Nigeria is the best. Goofy me. I don't mind being called goofy in this case. "Normal people" can continue to marginalize till pigs fly if they like. That's not how I was raised.
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by colen212: 5:29am On Jan 17, 2012
@Ebosed, I don't think you should trade words with "Nchara". His comments showed that he's myopic. We're bound to have such people within our community. Nigeria cannot move forward if we're sentimental.
@Nchara, I'll advise you see beyond your nose. There's more to life than being ethnic bigots. We're Nigerians and we'll always be one. Stay blessed!
Re: Abians Protest Peacefully Against The Killings Of Igbos In The North by Rhino5dm: 6:09am On Jan 17, 2012
Mecchie anworawo onu! Ogini di? grin
Is that how you respond to a potential suitor in alaigbo? Rhino this, Rhino that! Why do you always thrive in scare mongering trade?

You internet belgium rats should start running, cos i came handy with ota pia pia.

So, whats wrong if am rooting for her? Oya, go and fetch fresh palm wine with aligator-pepperish nkwobi for your visitor cool

Sam_Ikenna:

Ogugua88, my sister run for your life when people tell you they love you but hate your people. I read where Rhino.5dm was rooting for you, I assume he now admires you (an Igbo woman) so much. Need I say how much he hates anything Igbo only to turn around and admire an Igbo woman? That should tell you something is not right with your position. Anyway, its just my take and you don't have to take it seriously. One love sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

500 Engineers To Be Recruited For New Power-Plants – Gov. Fayemi / Okorocha: Oshiomhole And Magu Met Secretly On How To Jail Me / Buhari – Few Nigerians Abroad Are Giving Us Bad Name By Engaging In Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.