Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? (20730 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry / Igbos and Yorubas should stop displaying their Stupidity. / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by mensdept: 1:30am On Apr 02, 2015
Perhaps said already, but it is not hate for Yorubas by everyone in the South, but disappointment.

Why, I don't know, because Yoruba will always do whats in their interest first and foremost, as witnessed in the last election. They can't be doing southern solidarity if that means Airports in Port Harcourt and Enugu may overtake the one in Lagos during another 4 years of GEJ. They can't be doing southern solidarity if the East may get another state, additional positions in the military, banking, etc.

No, I m not saying GEJ did as much in his first term, or the PDP governors ( like Theo Orji), but in 9ja, Yorubas and the Northerners do whats in their interest-no matter how controversial, and the rest is history. Not necessarily a bad thing
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by birdman(m): 2:40am On Apr 02, 2015
mensdept:
Perhaps said already, but it is not hate for Yorubas by everyone in the South, but disappointment.

Why, I don't know, because Yoruba will always do whats in their interest first and foremost, as witnessed in the last election. They can't be doing southern solidarity if that means Airports in Port Harcourt and Enugu may overtake the one in Lagos during another 4 years of GEJ. They can't be doing southern solidarity if the East may get another state, additional positions in the military, banking, etc.

No, I m not saying GEJ did as much in his first term, or the PDP governors ( like Theo Orji), but in 9ja, Yorubas and the Northerners do whats in their interest-no matter how controversial, and the rest is history. Not necessarily a bad thing

Wasn't it these same Yorubas that marched (and died) for Jonathan when Yar Adua died? Didnt they vote him en-masse into power 2 years later? So where is this "disappointment" coming from. Instead, arent you disappointed that in 6 years, GEJ from the SS wanted no part of the PIB bill? Where was this southern solidarity when Yorubas were left alone to shoulder the June 12 mandate. You are funny grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by abduljabbar4(m): 3:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Nchara:
Igbos don't hate Yorubas, but many Yorubas hate/resent/dislike/loath (take your pick) Igbos. And such hate-filled ones have shown it in so many ways

Please get for me one single comment made in real life from a notable Igbo about the Yoruba

Here I will give you examples of comments made by notable Yorubas about the Igbo.

Then you decide who hates who

1. ''Igbos should leave politics and face trading, what they know how best to do''----------  Adesanya's daughter when she was a minister sometime between 1999 and 2007
2. ''Igbos will be wiped out''----------  A notable Yoruba lawyer working for ACN recently (2011) made this comment. He has apologized however. This was here on nairaland. Can anyone remember?
3. ''I dealt with your ragtag Biafra army, I will deal wit you again''---------Oluwole Rotimi former ambassador to US to Ojo Maduekwe (2009), then minister of foreign affairs.
4. ''I will kill anything walking in Igbo land''-------------Adekunle during the Biafra war
5. ''Starvation is a weapon of war and we used it on the Igbos''-------------Awolowo
6. ''The Igbos wanted your oil''--------- Obasanjo  a few years back in Bayelsa when he went to either campaign or as a sitting president. Now we know how many Igbos licking the oil, compared to Hausa and Yoruba.
Obasanjo is really a funny man. Oil is OUR OWN. The whole of Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Visits Governor Wike Over Death Of Emmanuel Aguma (Photos) / Niger State Youths Protest Against Bad Roads, Block Incoming Vehicles / NEDG 2023: Tinubu, Obi, Atiku, Others Get Nov. Dates For National Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.