Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,872 members, 7,810,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? (20710 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why Igbos And Yorubas Should Not Marry / Igbos and Yorubas should stop displaying their Stupidity. / Are Igbos And Yorubas Ready For War? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ak47mann(m): 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2012
Is getting out of point now,i think is time for kids to have their fun cool
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by dayokanu(m): 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
This is the opinion of the late Sardauna

[flash=500,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/8y1Zpk4DrlA&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Hardunnii(f): 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2012
I dont think so, infact i see lots of yor/igbo mariage these days, but there are few bigots like nchara, ezeagu, logic mind e.t.c
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hardunnii:

I dont think so, infact i see lots of yor/igbo mariage these days, but there are few bigots like nchara, ezeagu, logic mind e.t.c

@Hardunnii

Will you marry me cool ?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nchara: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
Igbos don't hate Yorubas, but many Yorubas hate/resent/dislike/loath (take your pick) Igbos. And such hate-filled ones have shown it in so many ways

Please get for me one single hateful comment made in real life from a notable Igbo about the Yoruba

Here I will give you examples of hateful comments made by notable Yorubas about the Igbo.

Then you decide who hates who

1. ''Igbos should leave politics and face trading, what they know how best to do''----------  Adesanya's daughter when she was a minister sometime between 1999 and 2007
2. ''Igbos will be wiped out''----------  A notable Yoruba lawyer working for ACN recently (2011) made this comment. He has apologized however. This was here on nairaland. Can anyone remember?
3. ''I dealt with your ragtag Biafra army, I will deal wit you again''---------Oluwole Rotimi former ambassador to US to Ojo Maduekwe (2009), then minister of foreign affairs.
4. ''I will kill anything walking in Igbo land''-------------Adekunle during the Biafra war
5. ''Starvation is a weapon of war and we used it on the Igbos''-------------Awolowo
6. ''The Igbos wanted your oil''--------- Obasanjo  a few years back in Bayelsa when he went to either campaign or as a sitting president. Now we know how many Igbos licking the oil, compared to Hausa and Yoruba.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2012
One thing is fact. The ethnic banters between Yorubas and Igbos are just noise.

There is no record/history of ethnic killings among these two groups and I believe this fact tells the story above anything else.

We are not best of friends but in a country where people kill others for being different I wont quite use the word hate in describing the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ezer(m): 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2012
alj harem:
Quote from: ezer on Today at 07:05:17 PM

Alhj bokoharam, sorry I don't succumb to terrorists, you force me to translate any damn poo, what will happen if I choose not to translate ur god damn rubbish, n by d way,that is no damn urhobo u wrote there, give
 me a proper urhobo phrase with all its puntuations n I will decide to translate it.
Mind u,I am a proper urhobo man from ughelli south, aint shy of my heritage, 

LOL waaadooo o

Ok I would give it to you

adjaóghẹné afiotọ thinking, you aghwaghwa your ibábode,

I choose not to translate but I can only tell u this adjaoghene aghwaghwa egere djidji erhue, esiraghwa like u,
Waado!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ezeagu(m): 9:41pm On Jan 21, 2012
Hardunnii:

Typical unthinking, mindless, robotic, hypocritical, Nigerian zombie. How many of those marriages are you going to split apart after your plan to send Igbo packing from your town? let's dig up a quote.

Hardunnii:

Igbo, u ppl are bunch of cowards, leave south west and go back to ur cursed land, they don take all the major markets in ibadan. We dont want you(no one does). Pathetic fools

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=849414.msg10001864#msg10001864
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nchara: 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2012
ezeagu:

Typical unthinking, mindless, robotic, hypocritical, Nigerian zombie. How many of those marriages are you going to split apart after your plan to send Igbo packing from your town? let's dig up a quote.

You really have time to respond to every gibberish. Yoruba have no right to use the word bigotry on anyone else. They live, breath, sleep and eat it.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tunnytox(m): 9:46pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olodostein:

@Hardunnii

Will you marry me cool ?
Adunni please don't marry Olodo o  tongue tongue his mouth is sugarcoated  grin grin Please get in touch with me my pretty Ibadan sister, I will link you to my very handsome cousin in Ibadan  kiss
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

Adunni please don't marry Olodo o  tongue tongue his mouth is sugarcoated  grin grin Please get in touch with me my pretty Ibadan sister, I will link you to my very handsome cousin in Ibadan  kiss

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! bros, na why u dey spoil my show naaa. Abi, don't you want the blessed union Adunni professed to continue cheesy?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tunnytox(m): 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olodostein:

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! bros, na why u dey spoil my show naaa. Abi, don't you want the blessed union Adunni professed to continue cheesy?

Who no want better thing? grin grin
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2012
tunnytox:

Who no want better thing?  grin grin

You no want make i enjoy that big Ikebe SUPER cool , aaahhhhhh!!!! I go send Amadioha come meet u for there oooo grin grin cheesy
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by tunnytox(m): 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olodostein:

You no want make i enjoy that big Ikebe SUPER cool , aaahhhhhh!!!! I go send Amadioha come meet u for there oooo grin grin cheesy

Odeechi grin grin Holy ghost fire surround me tongue
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by EzeUche(m): 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2012
Igbos do not hate Yoruba, we just do not trust you all.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by dayokanu(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2012
^^ Just like Yorubas dont hate Igbos but we trust you to be cowardly and treacherous like your fathers Ojuku and Ifeajuna
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ekwynwa: 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
Igbos Hate Yorubas and Yorubas hate igbos
Thread Closed!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Igbos Hate Yorubas and Yorubas hate igbos
Thread Closed!

Nope the thread is not closed, Where did you get that from ?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2012
ezer:

alj harem:

Alhj bokoharam, sorry I don't succumb to terrorists, you force me to translate any damn poo, what will happen if I choose not to translate ur god damn rubbish, n by d way,that is no damn urhobo u wrote there, give
 me a proper urhobo phrase with all its puntuations n I will decide to translate it.

LOL waaadooo o

I choose not to translate but I can only tell u this adjaoghene aghwaghwa egere djidji erhue, esiraghwa like u,
Waado!

dude call me all the animals in the world, your urhobo lack so basic words that makes it a complete sentence and to be honest that is why I added english to it for it to make sense.

You senstence up there does not make sense at all

you called me a bush pig, cow bush pig etc but it is not flowing like a proper sentence

Dude you are not Urhobo. Case close, go sleep cool

I know when I see one writting, Although u try sha with some words etc but it did not make any sense.

well good night Nwannem wink
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2012
Olodostein:

see thief grin grin grin

Izu umu nwanyi yoruba ori adighi mma

umu nwanyi yoruba gi ezigbo umu nwanyi

meta ya m. and maybe I would allow you cool
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
ezeagu:

She has just been murked by you good sir. I think she is bipolar and forgot that she made the above statements just two days prior. I think some of these baboons suffer from serious dementia.

Irritants crawling out of their caves.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by ezer(m): 11:35pm On Jan 21, 2012
alj harem:
Quote from: ezer on Today at 09:39:23 PM

alj harem:

LOL waaadooo o

Waado!

dude call me all the animals in the world, your urhobo lack so basic words that makes it a complete sentence and to be honest that is why I added english to it for it to make sense.

You senstence up there does not make sense at all

you called me a bush pig, cow bush pig etc but it is not flowing like a proper sentence

Dude you are not Urhobo. Case close, go sleep

I know when I see one writting, Although u try sha with some words etc but it did not make any sense.

well good night Nwannem

No biggie, you weren't suppose to make sense out of it in the first place, am glad u got the names I wanted u to get, n dats all that matters, odaabo!

Now back to the thread, I dislike yorubas yes I do, as an urhobo by tribe,I don't give a fhuck what the yorubas think or say, I stand by the igbos any time any day, infact y shouldn't I? Afterall they r my neighbours(thinking aloud),
Tode NL!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by aljharem(m): 11:37pm On Jan 21, 2012
Bandit C.:

She has just been murked by you good sir. I think she is bipolar and forgot that she made the above statements just two days prior. I think some of these baboons suffer from serious dementia.

Irritants crawling out of their caves.

dude she said that because of the nonsense some of you have been writing. As I said earlier on this thread that some people have knee jerk reaction to what they read. I would advice you to ignore comments like that.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by richjohn1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2012
I cant shout grin grin grin, This threads reminds me of the yoruba and ibo football matches I used to watch on the streets growing up in lagos always full of hate, intrigue and passion!!
Am enjoying this keep the guns blazing and and the end of the day everything will end in 2015!
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by playahP(m): 12:47am On Jan 22, 2012
I love yoruba PEOPLE WITH ALL MY HEART, i have my reservations bout hausas .
we had this lovely yoruba neighbour, TOPE them.
His dad used to take us to school on his bike.

Relocated to lagos, grew up in ajangbadi, yoruba plenty, we were cool with them even though they fought along, but as kids, we played together.

Plus, i am close to making million in lagos, eko oni baje oooh
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by BlackPikiN(m): 2:29am On Jan 22, 2012
rich_john:

I cant shout grin grin grin, This threads reminds me of the yoruba and ibo football matches I used to watch on the streets growing up in lagos always full of hate, intrigue and passion!!
Am enjoying this keep the guns blazing and and the end of the day everything will end in 2015!

Who won? lol

There's no way Igbo and yoruba can fight.
They resolve such issues quickly.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by BlackBaron: 2:42am On Jan 22, 2012
Wouldn't say they hate each other, but then there is a bit of dare I say unhealthy rivalry between both groups and certainly some level of mistrust.

Though, there hasn't been any documented case of ethnic violence between both groups.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by BlackBaron: 2:51am On Jan 22, 2012
However, I can't say for those NL toy gangsters and armchair bigots on both sides who thump bs on the net with their keyboard.

Prolly, leave all of them in a room and then see what happens tongue
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by BetaThings: 4:17am On Jan 22, 2012
http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/34089-tension-in-onitsha-over-ejection-of-yoruba-hausa-traders.html

Tension in Onitsha over ejection of Yoruba, Hausa traders

TENSION is mounting in the commercial city of Onitsha, Anambra State following ejection order on Hausa and Yoruba traders along the Bridgehead market.
The traders, who described the state government’s directive as biased and ethnically motivated, argued that they are legitimate tenants to the Federal Ministry of Housing adding that they have valid receipt of payment that will expire by 2014.
The spokesmen of the group, Chief Lateef Balogun and Tanimu Ibrahim, alleged that the state government had concluded plans to lease the plot of land to a major transporter in Onitsha , adding that they were not given any alternative site to relocate to.
The duo, stated that the move to throw them out of the place of business they have occupied for over 40 years without plan for compensation or relocation is a subtle way of sacking the Yoruba and Hausa communities in the state.
According to them, “What they are planning to do is to subtly sack us from the state but as Nigerians we have the right to live and do business in any part of the country without fear of intimidation. We shall resist any plot to stampede us out of the market by agents of government over a flimsy excuse”.
However when contacted the Special Adviser to the governor on Parks and Market, Chief Sylvester Nwaobualor, said that the move to eject the traders was not political or motivated by ethnic considerations but a strict measure to clean up and beautify the Bridgehead which serves as the gateway to the state and the entire Southeast
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by SILAKABUWA: 4:22am On Jan 22, 2012
Bomb blast@bauchi in Ibb square jst nw while JIBWIS(Highest Islamic gathering in Nigeria) r doing(wa'azin kasa)the distance btw the venue n ma house is 1000metres,wen hd the sound of xpulation occur i thot itz ma house cuz ,som thing drop on top of my roof N d whole structure shake: actualy i dont kno weda theres death or nt?till i comfirm 2mrrw, may GOD HELP US PEACE 2REIGN.
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by BlackPikiN(m): 5:06am On Jan 22, 2012
^^^^Are you serious abt Bauchi?
Re: Igbos And Yorubas: Do We Really Hate Each Other? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:14am On Jan 22, 2012
This is a very foolish thread. I mean wat is the igbo and yoruba obsession? It is clear even to an outsider that they just tolerate each other. On nairaland, i have come across several writing by different people of Yoruba extraction referring to Igbos as the enemy in their discussion.  

Initially, i was shocked becos it was something new that i had never imagined but came to terms with that. Igbos on the other hand, are indifference to yorubas in the sense that their is no strong feelings or attachment. We neither hate or love yorubas but can feel both emotions depending on them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / If Obama Can Be Accused Of Dictatorship By Republicans; Buhari Should Ignore PDP / Inec’s Unpreparedness Marred Polls, Says AU Observers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.