Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) (4192 Views)

How To Build Mobile Friendly Website Using Smf Wap2 Mod / How Can I Advertise On Nairaland Without Getting Banned. / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 20, 2012
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by teemy(m): 12:31am On Jan 20, 2012
@pc guru, I don't have that much time. I still have an over 4yrs project lying down on my pc (naruto no gree). However, my partner here is building a blog cms while I have one I am working on as well. If a job is not in my line of already planned projects and I have to leave things for it, I will surely bill for it. But let's look at this a minute, we have cms available both free and paid ones which would suit my client's needs. If there is a specific request for any reason at all that I must not use any available script which would take me time and effort to finish, then that means Easter 2012 would still have me spending that money. I no go look Uche face at all. What is my masquerade doing that will make it say it would not dance. That's why we work - to make da money. Abi na.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by vladimiros: 3:50am On Jan 20, 2012
to be honest, anything serving Nigerians, I think now someone has to look for major seed funding,

nothing less than $40K. no exaggeration
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 20, 2012
Thank you very much o jare. Mi o se n je mi o se.
Not for this 2012, fuel don go up. Charges don increase for everything.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by peddylinko(m): 7:33am On Jan 20, 2012
Check http://trixden.com

everything coded from scratch

No blasting ooooo we just de test codes/linko frame work. LoL

Login username: demo password: dataplan

(purpose is to check the site forum)
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Thatdave(m): 7:42am On Jan 20, 2012
I f you charge 500k for a 25k job, one day wind go blow, fowl nyash go open.
Another programmer could just look at their site and scream at the price you did it with.

This is bad business for you end of your relationship with that customer and their refferals!

What do you think happens to badly built cars! When it doesnt last people start telling other people not to buy.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by databoy247(m): 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2012
Folks, I have been following this thread with keen interest. And pardon me to make the following comments;

>> Whether we like it or not, web developing profession is one of the few in Nigeria (i dont know how it is in other countries) that is not really getting the respect it ought to get especially from clients. You see alot of clients now requesting for jobs and they give a thousand specifications on how they want it done, then when you bill them, they shout "exploitation". For f**k's sake it took me almost a year to learn how to use WordPress (and am still learning), no matter how easy it may seem.

Last month, a client called me from NL for a job and he wanted me to build a 35 page website and make it a replica of a known consulting website for a mere fee of 25k. ABSURD angry angry

>> The way forward? I think we should get a body or association registered whereby a membership with proposed association improves your credibility. With this, a minimum fixed fee will be agreed upon for all categories of websites. The reason is so clients dont have to argue when they are billed and if they should seek anything less, then its gonna be an unregistered member and that is to his/her own risk. As far as i know, even barbing salons in Nigeria have a fixed minimum fee and an association how much more web developers. I agree entirely with yawa-ti-de.

The fate of the Web developing business lies in our hands. cool
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by yawatide(f): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
I f you charge 500k for a 25k job, one day wind go blow, fowl nyash go open.
Another programmer could just look at their site and scream at the price you did it with.

This is bad business for you end of your relationship with that customer and their refferals!

What do you think happens to badly built cars! When it doesnt last people start telling other people not to buy.

Again, it is a matter of capitalism, what you are willing to pay as a customer and what you are willing to charge as a developer. I have nothing against anyone who wants to charge low prices for something so I see no reason why anyone should find something wrong with me wanting to charge high prices. I personally budget for 1 site a month. I would rather charge high for that 1 site and relax 2 weeks of the month than do 100 low-priced sites and never have time for myself.

I will sign off with 2 true stories:

1) During the last election cycle in Nigeria, I was contacted by a politician to do his website. I was competing with 5 other people I was told. Not being in Nigeria, I gave what I thought was a reasonable price for a campaign website. A few days later, I got a call from my buddy who was an insider who told me to increase my price. Why? Because though they liked my work, some were questioning if I actually knew what I was doing, considering the next lowest bid was 800K. Hint: I was not even at half of that price. In the end I didn't get it due to internal wrangling but it did get me thinking. . .Maybe I am charging too low.

2) I was contacted by another guy in the US last year to give a proposal for a site redesign. Again, I gave him what I felt was a reasonable price after which the man yelled, "kai! dem don do me o!". I asked why he said that. He told me he paid $3K for the current site (http://www.globalucf.org/). Did I tell him, "wow! that price was a really dubious one. You were ripped off", or words to that effect? Nope. That is none of my business. I charge what I charge and that's as far as I will stick my nose. Though again, we didn't go any further, it did get me thinking. . .Maybe I am charging too low.

So there you have it - stories from both ends of the spectrum.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 20, 2012
This thread is getting more interesting by the day. . . .
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by teemy(m): 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2012
In line with yawa, there have been cases of clients complaining of high prices only to give the job out at an higher price for a lower grade result. Guess the other bidder had sweet words.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by muhammadsa: 11:28pm On Jan 20, 2012
Join us on young programmer's forum http://www.maishanu.net/forum
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^lobatan, who be this alien?
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by vladimiros: 4:44am On Jan 21, 2012
do nigerian VC firms even respect anything tech?
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^Aye, a very good question. Please who will answer? I am very interested.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by muhammadsa: 9:56am On Jan 21, 2012
Post your question my Master Dhtml
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 21, 2012
^^^Caramba! You are derailing the thread of a thread derailer. . .
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by greenmouse(m): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2012
500k from scratch.

200k using using SMF
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Koolwilly(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2012
When the Boss are talking, the boys are watching.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 21, 2012
greenmouse:

500k from scratch.

200k using using SMF
Now you are talking. I love that.

Koolwilly:

When the Boss are talking, the boys are watching.
I am a small boy here o, see the bosses - greenmouse and others.
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Koolwilly(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2012

I am a small boy here o, see the bosses - greenmouse and others.
i hear ooo!
Passing by
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by greenmouse(m): 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2012
500K Noni any which way i do it
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Slyr0x: 4:14pm On Jan 22, 2012
*learning from the elders & taking notes*
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Koolwilly(m): 5:35pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^Note taking on point
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2012
*Marking notes*
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Slyr0x: 11:17pm On Jan 22, 2012
^^^ Egbon na 10/10 o0 . .wink
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Koolwilly(m): 3:22am On Jan 23, 2012
*dhtml:

*Marking notes*
Uncle what did i score!
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 23, 2012
Cero the two both of you, i am so ashamed. *walks out of the thread*
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Slyr0x: 10:32am On Jan 23, 2012
^^^ *flexing Moderator's muscles* YOU ARE BANNED!

Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by dhtml5: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2012
Seriously? now why did you do that?
Re: How Much Will You Design Nairaland (without Using Smf And With Modifications) by Slyr0x: 11:17am On Jan 23, 2012
dhtml5:

Seriously? now why did you do that?

'Cos i CAN! grin grin

Bans dhtml5 again grin

Need A Website For Your Dropshipping Business Click Here. / 5 Must Read Tips To Rank Better On Search Engine / What Motivated You To Start Your Blog?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53