Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. (22067 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 8:59am On Jan 27, 2012
There is need to over analyse as you say.
I for one have children and dependants. I need to know when offering help that the help is genuinely needed. I cannot afford to donate for someones "indian hair".
Moremi if she was on a convent school and needed permission etc then the pregnancy and current absence will certainly be noticed.
Which brings me to another question. How is it possible that someone could web so many people into a plan to conceal her pregnancy and yet have made no lans for the baby. Just took of to lagos with what plan? What was she planning to do with the baby. You cannot tell me the idea of adoption just entered her head there in hospital. At age 24!!!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:00am On Jan 27, 2012
Freecola I just need some answers, for more questions to come grin
I watch "Conan the detective " with my kids grin
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:03am On Jan 27, 2012
Muttter u b lawyer? Damn gal u on point!!

Its all wierd if we bisect it truly,like I said earlier if we are to help her we need her honesty.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 9:11am On Jan 27, 2012
mutter:

Freecola I just need some answers, for more questions to come grin
I watch "Conan the detective " with my kids grin
kai I strongly suggest you change vocation,you'll make an excellent detective,your kids dare not lie to you. cheesy wink

Omo paddy,the thing weird gan walai,the whole story is making people wary and suspicious which isn't good for her,I just hope it all turns out right.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2012
Mutter I watch Inspector Colombo ,do u watch it 2 ?

D guy is baddddd

@cocoa
It dey pain dis gal no dey str8 forward,imagine na Destiny go loose out na cry
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by bigbumper(f): 9:15am On Jan 27, 2012
There is a time and place for everything, going through everything with a finetoothed comb online  now would reveal more than necessary. I bet Chioma would be willing to share every information including her Id card, matric number, bank account details, Doctors' info, etc, to anyone designated by Nairaland to contact her for this purpose, to clear the air. . . .the pregnancy went unnoticed, phew, but the longer her absence from School, the more she runs the risk of being caught, hence reason time is of the essence here. . .

Thanks to everyone for their input and interjection in letting us not lose focus of the baby Destiny in the midst of all this imbroglio. . . A special thanks to Baby Destiny for bringing us together, putting aside our "self".  May God/Allah/Yahweh/Guru Marahaji meet us all at the point of our need too.  kiss
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by queensmith: 9:17am On Jan 27, 2012
Ooooo i can post again!

Seriously from the outside looking in this seems quite pathetic.

Does the girl have food now or a bit of money now? How is the baby? Can we get a photo yet?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 9:23am On Jan 27, 2012
Queen what is it with you and photo?ify has seen the girl and has confirmed she's not a ghost,she doesn't want to risk being exposed,okay no worry take this pix. cheesy

Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:28am On Jan 27, 2012
queensmith The girls parents are obviously capable of taking care of the baby financially and chioma herself said that she would inform them when the time comes -being in six months.
Now any woman that loves her baby would humble herself and go begging her parents for help and forgiveness. She would do that in the interest of her child.
That brings me to another question? What was she planning to do if one day it skipped out to her parents and she could not give account of the whereabouts of the baby?
And another question: How can you claim that your parents would make it difficult for the university and staff for concealing your pregnancy and at the same time expect private people in helping you conceal a child or even get it adopted without your parents consent?
A pregnancy going unnoticed in a convent school? I bet that pregnancy is one f the major things these matrons are on the look out for. Haba in Nigeria!! Those old mamas that will even look at your and tell you you are pregnant even before you know it yourself.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2012
Amen BB, God bless you for all your efforts

Me good heart, don't let what you saw in MY CV deceive you, I had to make up all those list( good heart, polite, friendly, loving, caring, virgin, academically sound, Oxford degree in psychology, Christian, extra born again e.t.c ) to gain admission into yaba left. grin
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:29am On Jan 27, 2012
freecola is that the future miss world?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:31am On Jan 27, 2012
baby Destiny - I tip on Edo it all adds up. But why use an ibo name as nick
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by camrygmail: 9:35am On Jan 27, 2012
Mama destiny aka chiomab. I think I have a little idea of what your going thru (my parents were strict too). please pray to God, when u feel most confused and depressed ( it will be hard, but trust me it helps). All I can think of is that there is reason why God gave you safe delivery and it will be become clear to you very soon that , destiny is special.

I hope your continued absence from school, will not trigger the authorities to call ur parents? Do you have any cousins or aunty in ur family that could be more understanding?

@mutter her roommate and hostel mistress may be covering for her now that is why her absence from school has not been reported to her parents. Secondly, I believe i read/inferred from  chiomab's previous post that she went to the second doctor because she heard he could successfully induce early labor and delivery. So I came to conclusion that is what  the first doc failed at doing.

Ify and b_b please take things easy , The kindness and charity work that u both do and choose to do in Nigeria and elsewhere will bring good rewards for you both all the days f your life. In your charity work,God will keep u safe and continue to keep u both humble.

Is nld charity taking up this case?@r231.

PEACE!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2012
mutter:

freecola is that the future miss world?
yeah something like that,she's a stunner. wink
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:44am On Jan 27, 2012
Is she yours, she is simply , those eyes a beauty. Abeg when can I come and pay dowery.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2012
^^i wish she is o,I'm yet to have mine dear but don't worry,she'll be just a cute if not cuter,then we'll talk dowry. cheesy wink
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by queensmith: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2012
@mutter- the story doesnt add up at all. no matter how you look at it.she carried a pregnancy undetected for 8 months. yes i will love to see that, i will just love to.

@freecoacoa- nobody will recognise her from the baby ba? besides i just want to see the baby. its a newborn, every one likes to look at babies! lol
besides, i dont need confirmation of anything, she seems capable and well put together. if this is all true im sure she will work it out.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 10:55am On Jan 27, 2012
^^oya na look at that one I left there for you(abi she no be baby?)If you need more I'll post more. grin
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by r231(m): 11:17am On Jan 27, 2012
camrygmail:

Mama destiny aka chiomab. I think I have a little idea of what your going thru (my parents were strict too). please pray to God, when u feel most confused and depressed ( it will be hard, but trust me it helps). All I can think of is that there is reason why God gave you safe delivery and it will be become clear to you very soon that , destiny is special.

I hope your continued absence from school, will not trigger the authorities to call ur parents? Do you have any cousins or aunty in ur family that could be more understanding?

@mutter her roommate and hostel mistress may be covering for her now that is why her absence from school has not been reported to her parents. Secondly, I believe i read/inferred from  chiomab's previous post that she went to the second doctor because she heard he could successfully induce early labor and delivery. So I came to conclusion that is what  the first doc failed at doing.

Ify and b_b please take things easy , The kindness and charity work that u both do and choose to do in Nigeria and elsewhere will bring good rewards for you both all the days f your life. In your charity work,God will keep u safe and continue to keep u both humble.

Is nld charity taking up this case?@r231.

PEACE!

Don't know what she wants
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 27, 2012
Awwwww Frecocoa, that baby is sooooooooo cute! kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
^Yeah she is,tata gi ga ma nma ka ya ma obu karia. cheesy wink
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by oluite(f): 12:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

this is what i hate about nigerians. . . . .talk talk talk and no action to back their epistles.

if we have decided in our minds to help someone, let's help!
whether she is using the money for something else entirely should not matter or stop us from helping.
is it the little contribution that we make that is going to make us destitute or what has her intention with the money gotta do with this?

tpia, with her trouble-making ability caused this chaos.
of what importance is it to her if the poster was speaking the truth or lying? she would never make any contribution even if chioma is speaking the truth.
she's just here to cause commotion and prevent the people who mean well from contributing.

abeg jaybee, send me the details of the chioma babe.
if she likes, let her use my contribution to buy indian hair.
it is between her and God. . . .i would have lost nothing.

This I havent seen in a while o!
Me self i wear microscope on my eye
Naija i don learn
I have to relearn this attitude you have.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by moremi2008(m): 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2012
queensmith:

@mutter- the story doesnt add up at all. no matter how you look at it.she carried a pregnancy undetected for 8 months. yes i will love to see that, i will just love to.

It's actually not as rare at these religious universities as you might think. I know of one case in Babcock where the girl carried the pregnancy to full term, gave birth to the baby in the hostel bathroom and then abandoned it there. These things sound crazy and impossible in hindsight but there is no limit to human ingenuity in times of fear and desperation. May God spare us all from ordeals like these.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
Mutter its not impossible to hide an 8 month even full term pregnancy, I know a lot of girls who did that while we were in school who carried full term pregnancies and had babies, besides not every pregnancy pops out. I had a married cousin who didn't even know she was pregnant she had periods, no weight gain, no big belle, she had some cravings but nothing out of place, one day she had stomach cramps went to the toilet and out popped a baby. if it hadn't happened to someone I know I would never have believed it, it was even recently when I started watching TLC " I didn't know I was pregnant" that I knew that several woman had d same experience. First pregnancies are usually not very big, so I believe she could ve successfully concealed a full term pregnancy from school authorities
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by coogar: 2:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
oluite:

This I havent seen in a while o!
Me self i wear microscope on my eye
Naija i don learn
I have to relearn this attitude you have.

it's only in nigeria givers/donors care about what happens to their contributions.
if oxfam/red cross have the same attitude, africa would have starved to death.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ronkebp(f): 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
I think if Nairaland is going to help her financially, we should also help her in reaching out to her parents, i seriously do not support Chioma, keeping it from her parents, just for the safety of the child.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by moremi2008(m): 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2012
ronkebp:

I think if Nairaland is going to help her financially, we should also help her in reaching out to her parents, i seriously do not support Chioma, keeping it from her parents, just for the safety of the child.

Chioma is an adult. Frankly, her parents are irrelevant to the equation.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ronkebp(f): 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
moremi2008:

Frankly, her parents are so relevant, if she were an ''adult'' why is she trying to hide it from her parents?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by coogar: 4:26pm On Jan 27, 2012
ronkebp:

Frankly, her parents are so relevant, if she were an ''adult'' why is she trying to hide it from her parents?

because parents in nigeria don't understand the concept of "adulthood" until that child is married.
even if one is 30 and one stays under their roof, they still treat one as a child.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by freecocoa(f): 4:35pm On Jan 27, 2012
moremi2008:

How can her parents be irrelevant in the equation when she's still under their care?they pay her school fees and every other thing necessary(I suppose),they are very much relevant till she becomes independent and starts catering for herself.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ronkebp(f): 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2012
coogar:

because parents in nigeria don't understand the concept of "adulthood" until that child is married.
even if one is 30 and one stays under their roof, they still treat one as a child.

Ok, so that is why, we as ''adults'' and parents too should support her hiding this ''big thing'' from her own parents, what is the worst that can happen? they will disown her? Don't mind me shaaa, i am just looking out for baby- Destiny, i really do not want that child to be somewhere else without proper care. Chioma has gone through alot and i understand that, but that baby is too precious to be playing poker game with, and i think her mum can help take care of the kid more than anyone, will she (Chioma) be in serious trouble, OH!!!! Yes!!!!!!.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by isalegan2: 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
Disturbing thread.  Made worse by 11 pages of bullshit by the usual suspects of NL heffers rehashing their never-ending yet meaningless internet feud.  I encourage the opening of a separate thread to display your psychotic rants next time.  Thanks.

Chiomamb:

My Parents are very strict and it's not because i don't want them to know but i am going to get a whole lot of people into trouble.The Hostel Mistress,My roommates and some other people too.[/b]I am still not sure my Dad will keep numb even after i am out of school.They put their jobs and future on the line for me.Alerting anyone in my family is too risky.Some people will never forgive me if they get sacked or suspended in their final year.I'll let them know when the time is right and it is not for my selfish reasons that i am keeping this from them.My Dad might even go as far as taking it up with the school.

OP,
You've just given birth and may be somewhat in a weakened state.  I hope you're not lacking proper nutrition, because you're not reasoning properly.  Listen!  [b]You're trying to HIDE a live human baby!
It's not a wild animal or street cat you found on the street and you're scheming to hide in your bedroom from your parents because they won't want you to keep it as a pet.  It's a live baby.  Call your parents or the father's family, and get this newborn infant the proper care. 

I cannot fathom why your "housemother" at school would be a participant in this dangerous play.  Is she the one that got you pregnant?  Was she bringing men to your hostel and pimping you out?  What insanity, helping you keep it from your parents! 

You better call someone in your family and go back home.  If something happens to your child you'll never forgive yourself.  Imagine if this is the only baby God will give you, and you let her be taken from you.  Go back home now.  That is all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Mother Of Quintuplets Stranded In Hospital. Incurs N3.7million Bill / ₦238Million Rescue Operation To Save Spanish Boy Trapped In Well For 11days / How Do I Save For The Future So As Not To Learn The Hard Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.