Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. (22059 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / He/she Is 'just A Friend'.12 Signs Of An Emotional Infidelity / Ten-Year-Old Gives Birth To Baby Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by r231(m): 10:21pm On Jan 22, 2012
Thanks ladies
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Idowuogbo(f): 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2012
Chiomamb:

Thanks for all the unworthy love i have received.i will forever remain thankful.I'm not suicidal anymore.Thank you all especially @ big_bumper,@ifyalways, @ chaircover.

I was expecting so much hatred and insults but this is the last place i was looking to for love.God bless you all.I don't feel empty and lonely again.I am grateful

Awwwh am glad u aint sucidal anymore,now I can return d charm to Baba.I went deep down in the forest to see some old ugly looking man to give me internet charm called " type and action".I did dat because I wanted you here to eat d fruit of ur labour.Gal woeva bitterness in ur life by his mercies it will be reversed to happiness oya jump and shout dat AMEN!!!!,we and ur daughter love u loads. *lots of hugs and kisses*

krap:

@idowuogbo
What is the status of his bank account? An arrangement can be made for him to 'get missing' till further notice if it is OK by u grin grin cool
Na wa o ajiboleeee

Let me check his account sef,if d money plenty I will carry out d mission myself.Thanks for ur sharp advice tho cheesy
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2012
Chioma God bless u for not aborting ur baby. Ify has given u fab advise. Be strong don't give up, we all make mistakes.

Aunty ify and CC God bless u and ur families.IJN. Amen
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by pslm23(f): 2:16am On Jan 23, 2012
My first reaction at reading Chioma's story was shock, then worry for her and then fear for the baby.
After CC and Ify intervened, I was relieved and shed a few tears because that baby now had a chance at having life and growing up.
You women are heaven sent! God bless and bless you 2!

@Chioma, "ebezila akwa, obi sie gi ike" You are a brave, strong woman, yes you made a mistake in getting pregnant but your actions after the birth of this child has redeemed you. I could give you a big hug right about now!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by tpia5: 3:57am On Jan 23, 2012
Chiomamb:

Thanks for all the unworthy love i have received.i will forever remain thankful.I'm not suicidal anymore.Thank you all especially @ big_bumper,@ifyalways, @ chaircover.

I was expecting so much hatred and insults but this is the last place i was looking to for love.God bless you all.I don't feel empty and lonely again.I am grateful

were you suicidal before?

you were expecting so much hatred and insults for what reason exactly?

your story does not add up, sorry.

end of.

if there's an actual baby involved in any of this, where exactly did you get it from? A baby farm?

where is the baby's mother?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by tpia5: 3:59am On Jan 23, 2012
Chiomamb:

I have a baby girl who is just 5 days old,i am a student in a private University and i can't take her to school.Don't ask questions about why i brought her to the world,it is too late for that.Don't ask about her father,She has none except God.Please i am frustrated and i don't want to go dump her somewhere.I just need someone to take her away from me.Call me all sorts of name but please help by taking her away.I can't watch her suffer.She is in perfect health.

I am in Lagos

Chiomamb:

I don't live in Lagos.I don't know my way around here.I ran to Lagos to have the baby and because my roommate told me about a Doctor who can induce labour The Baby is 8months old.They were suspecting in school and can't risk having her while lecture is on.I'm sorry but pleae help

Chiomamb:

I can't risk taking her to the orphanage as there are nosy neighbours around me and i don't know any.I need someone to come and get her.Why wud i kidnap a baby?Please help now.

@ chaircover

Check ur email,thanks a lot in anticipation

Chiomamb:

Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by tpia5: 4:03am On Jan 23, 2012
your story keeps changing each time you're asked something.

and for someone in supposedly dire straits, you sound very calm, collected and with a well thought out plan.

not characteristics of a person who just gave birth, sorry.

being nl, no doubt something fishy's involved in this storyline.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Odunnu: 4:48am On Jan 23, 2012
Hmmmmm. All is well that ends well. Thank God Chioma came here first. I'm so proud of CC & Ify. Both of you are Godsent here. Keep it up.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by moremi2008(m): 6:20am On Jan 23, 2012
Wow! Things ladies have to go through! Glad everything turned out well. Pele.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2012
Odunnu:

Hmmmmm. All is well that ends well. Thank God Chioma came here first. I'm so proud of CC & Ify. Both of you are Godsent here. Keep it up.

These are awesome ladies!
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:08am On Jan 23, 2012
Chioma no one condemns you here, we are all carrying our own bundle of guilt and mistakes.
At the end of the day you have to realise however that in life you can do what you like but you also have to live with the consequences. Somethings end up hunting us even to our grave.
A child is involved here and the interest of the child is of paramount importance. Your will/ desire to take care of the child alone does not suffice. You also must be in a position to do so materially and in materially.
Maybe CC and Ifyalways can look into the matter some more. Now you have us all worried I am sure many of us will want to see this child really secured.
Please CC and Ifyalways would that be possible?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 9:24am On Jan 23, 2012
pslm23:

My first reaction at reading Chioma's story was shock, then worry for her and then fear for the baby.
After CC and Ify intervened, I was relieved and shed a few tears because that baby now had a chance at having life and growing up.
You women are heaven sent! God bless and bless you 2!

@Chioma, "ebezila akwa, obi sie gi ike"
You are a brave, strong woman, yes you made a mistake in getting pregnant but your actions after the birth of this child has redeemed you. I could give you a big hug right about now!
Chioma is not Igbo.

@All,I think my last post yesterday was not clear enough.
What we practically did yesterday was to assure Chioma that she is not alone,we are here to support her and convince her not to dump the baby at an unsafe place
Ok,we got to know where and when she actually had the child,physical examination by a Gyn to prove that she just had a child etc.
As i type,the child is still safely with her,though her mindset is better now and shes calmer too.The baby is going for immunization today after which i would go with her to the social welfare services to make everything legit and documented.Little saints cannot accept the child or any other credible home without proper documentation from social welfare services.

At the end of the day,Chioma truthfully cannot cater for or take care of the baby now . . . FACT so what we are working towards now is not necessarily adoption but a place where the baby would be well tended to till chioma makes a permanent decision.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 23, 2012
^^^after the documentation process, what's next?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 9:35am On Jan 23, 2012
That decision is for Chioma but ultimately its either adoption or keeping in an orphanage home.
Im leaning more on keeping in a home first.

Thing is ,we either get it done rightly or she would still dump the baby somewhere.Its all about the child now.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by vanitty: 9:35am On Jan 23, 2012
God bless everyone that contributed and helped the young girl and her baby one way or the other. Great thread. xoxo
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:47am On Jan 23, 2012
Ifyalways I have a friend in Lagos a lawyer who could have a solution to this problem. She has helped so many kids in the past, securing temporary fostering and also adoption/ international adoption. She is very reputable.

I think there are solutions, I prefer the option of open adoption so that mother and child can still have contact.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 23, 2012
If chioma would wanno have her baby back say in the nearest future, then I don't think adoption should be the solution. But if she does not want to have any thing to do with her child then I would suggest adoption
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 9:53am On Jan 23, 2012
There certainly is the option of fostering. What a pity I am not in Nigeria I would have offered to take care of the baby till a solution is found.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2012
@Mutter,Cool.All options and advise welcome.

How do we get her contact  ? OK you can mail me via nairalandcharity@gmail.com
Make[b] baby[/b] the subject.

@Jenny,Now she is saying she wants adoption.But you know,emotions are not stable now.We are trying to see if she can keep in a home first then take time to decide on the adoption stuff.

Her major problems are strict parents who would never accept or understand,means of taking care of the child then the social stigma associated with single parenthood.
All in all,if we explore all options and a one off adoption  is the best or her choice then so shall it be.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 23, 2012
I know about the Unstable emotions, well it's her call. I just don't want her to shed tears of "had I known" in the nearest future. I assume her parents do not know she's had a baby?
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by ifyalways(f): 10:01am On Jan 23, 2012
Exactly Jenny.Such decisions are not meant to be taken in a haste.She has to think it through.
No,her parents had no idea she was pregnant much less having a child.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2012
I shall get back to you as soon as I contact her.
I hope that happens fast.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2012
I hope she learns from this,you cannot afford to make a huge mistake and walk away like nothing's happened. Please concentrate on your studies. Forget about men for now and focus on your studies. Be a better woman for your child and for yourself.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 10:08am On Jan 23, 2012
Contact made I shall be mailing you Ifyalways. My friend has agreed to help,I could only talk to her briefly because she is in a meeting.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by oluite(f): 10:10am On Jan 23, 2012
God bless you wonderful ladies Ifyalways,CC,Mutter,Jenny and everyone that has offer to help. God bless you all,
Chioma hugs for being strong,you can and will be stronger.God bless you.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 10:28am On Jan 23, 2012
God Bless you Ladies. I was away yesterday and I am really happy how you have handled it so far. I will give my own small suggestions from experience. I have helped my Social Worker friend handle cases similar to dis.
What they will tell you at the Social Welfare most likely is to at least attempt to inform her parents or a family member, this is because to give up a child she has 2 options first to totally give the child up and not want further contact or to keep the child in a home temporaly till she is on her feet to support the child.
poster, i know right now you may feel overwhelmed and just want to get back to school and not let anyne know what has happened but a time would come when you are done with school and settled and may want to be with your child, i totally commend u for not aborting or throwing the child away, but please weigh this 2 options carefully. You can sign an undertaken to leave your child for a while and come back or to totally give up the child. I understand you are scared but the fact that you came here before doing anything rash means u want the best for ur child, U may not want ur family or anyone to know but please think a little about this 2 options before making a decision. Bless you all, I wish i live in lagos
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by soapdish(f): 10:51am On Jan 23, 2012
God bless U Ify and others. May heaven reward you greatly.

1 Like

Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 23, 2012
tpia@:

were you suicidal before?

you were expecting so much hatred and insults for what reason exactly?

your story does not add up, sorry.

end of.

if there's an actual baby involved in any of this, where exactly did you get it from? A baby farm?

where is the baby's mother?

Damn! You must be really unhappy in your life to perpetually exhibit such intense negativity!  undecided
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 11:00am On Jan 23, 2012
Just hugging my tree week old son and shedding tears cry
It is so sad thinking that somewhere out there there are babies denied of love because of the circumstances of their birth.
Every mother has a natural instinct to love it is the world around that is sometimes so harsh.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by DeepSoul(f): 11:02am On Jan 23, 2012
tpia@:

your story keeps changing each time you're asked something.
and for someone in supposedly dire straits, you sound very calm, collected and with a well thought out plan.
not characteristics of a person who just gave birth, sorry.
being nl, no doubt something fishy's involved in this storyline.

Kai, Tpia!

Were you fed bitter leaf soup as a baby??   You are so unbelievably bitter, negative and vile!

May God touch your heart and make you more human! Amen!!

P.S: For the sake of commonsense, if she kidnapped the baby, she wouldn't be on NL looking for who to taker her. She'd have found a willing buyer in Lagos.
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by mutter(f): 11:04am On Jan 23, 2012
Do not blame anyone for being skeptic today babies are being sold
Re: A Baby Girl,she Is Just A Week Old. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 23, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Mother Of Quintuplets Stranded In Hospital. Incurs N3.7million Bill / Rev Felix Ikejimba And His Wife Welcome Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting / How Do I Save For The Future So As Not To Learn The Hard Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.