Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,360 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

My Relationship: I Want Out! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Relationship: I Want Out! (2687 Views)

6 Years Of Relationship And Want Out, Please Need Serious Help! / My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Relationship: I Want Out! by barbz: 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2006
Hi all,
I have been dating this guy for the last couple of months, but there's no love, it's just a struggle. I don't know how to tell him that I'm not interested anymore because he has said again and again to never leave him and he almost begs. He is a nice person, overall, but I just don't feel him. Help!!
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by Ashbaby(f): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2006
Whoa, Wahala!
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by seunmii(m): 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2006
luv is a choice that require effort;luv(feeling) is a product of luv(action).discuss your differences with him before wanting out.or are you seeing another guy, just joking
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by barbz: 11:29pm On Mar 16, 2006
No, I'm not seeing anyone else and I'm not even thinking of anyone. I just don't feel the connection at all. I'm working on it as much as I know how, but still, there's no spark, nothing.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by ronkeD(f): 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2006
be nice and tell him you don't think it can work.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by Rhodalyn(f): 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2006
you've gotta tell him, i mean it's better than being with him when you know you aint got any feelings for him just do it in a nice way afterall hearts were meant to be broken cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by babymine(f): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2006
You don't love him so what's the point? Don't hang on just cos you pity him. It won't work. Be sincere and tell him the truth.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by thelma2(f): 5:28pm On Mar 20, 2006
this kind of guy that begs you never to leave him na wah oh! i hope when you do leave him, it won't be a case of "it's either me or never". such guys can resort to bodily harm. please be systematic in your leaving.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by whitelexi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 20, 2006
thelma2:

this kind of boy that begs you never to leave him na wah oh! i hope when you do leave him, it won't be a case of "it's either me or never". such boys can resort to bodily harm. please be systematic in your leaving.

Dont lose that boy, I dunno why but i just have a good feeling about that one, its probably not interesting now cos u r not giving it any attention either - u feel it wont work and u want out. Give it a lil while and be sure before u take any decisions cool
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by Jackal(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2006
There's no problem here. U wanna leave him? Tell him u want to get married to him in the next few months.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by funloving(m): 1:50am On Mar 21, 2006
I get so worked up over two kinds of people:
[1]Men who beg women never to leave them and [2]Women who say they want to leave a man but don't how or they are confused. angry

Love is not a battle you fight day and night.If it not there it is not there.No need dragging it.

I am okay with working out a marriage but why do you have to burst your brains and spill your bowels working out a relationship[not marriage,mind you] that is not working and what is so hard about telling the g.u.y you want out ?
Move on if that is what you want. Tell him gently but firmly that it is not working and move on.

G.u.y.s please stop begging women to love you !! It is not manly and once a man starts doing that he loses his self worth.Such people are 'wussies'(losers,weaklings).
If a girl says she does not want you and has made it clear she does not want you,please move on.

There are some 6.5 billion human beings on planet earth.There is certainly somebody out there for every woman and for every man.
Lets stop this trash about holding on,hanging on,begging on,very confused,suicidal traits and what have you that people cook up when a relationship goes sour.

You are a human being and you have got the power of choice in you.Use it.No body will die,I assure you.

Sorry ,I have been a bit on the harsh side here but I think it is time will learn to live our lives the way God wants and that means,we should not be held in any form of relationship bondage.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by glodave(f): 1:27pm On Mar 22, 2006
girl plz save a soul! just tell him, dat de relationship can wk, jt make him see reasons wit u.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by barbz: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2006
It's hard, coz he hasn't done anything, I just don't feel the love anymore. If there was a reason, it would be easier to tell him that's its coz of xyz, but what makes it so hard is that I don't know how to just tell him out of the blues that I want out. I know I should just tell him, the longer I stay, the harder it becomes, but the question is how do I tell him in the most easy yet least hurtful way?
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by easylife00(m): 11:07pm On Mar 22, 2006
Barbz,

plz if the feelings is no more there is better u 4get about the relationship cos u don't marry out of pity.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by barbz: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2006
How cry?
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by easylife00(m): 6:17pm On Mar 24, 2006
U said "I just don't feel the love anymore" so since u don't feel the love anymore then is better to stop what u don't feel rather than wasting yr time on it. That is what i mean .
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by Ashbaby(f): 8:00pm On Mar 24, 2006
I get Barbz's dilemma. She knows that she wants out, and she knows the very nature of the relationship as it is. It's not that easy to just break up with him. There's probably other implications attached to the whole scenario. I don't know the answer to her problem, but her question would be to create a sort of exemplified way of how she can approach and break up with her guy. I know of a different girl who wanted to break up with her guy and when she was just planning to, she got a text from him telling her that he loved her and didn't know what to do. That presents a problem in the way it changes what she's supposed to tell him or the time she is supposed to tell him. Barbz's question is valid. How exactly would she do it?
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by whitelexi(m): 11:50am On Mar 25, 2006
This guy is begging now and has done nothing, but u dont love or want him anymore, do u prefer loving that one that will not even care whether or not u exist? Is there anyone else u r after?
Relationships are very free, but u dont always get much from them, u seem to have a nice guy, if u wanna end it then tell him point blank, dont even mince words or care if he'll be hurt, Come out straight cos thats the only way u can get him outta the picture - but remember, he'll hate u for this and theres that lil word called 'nemesis'
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by jayvinnie(m): 3:57am On Jan 04, 2007
That is very fine
jayvinnie:

Barbz,

plz if the feelings is no more there is better u forget about the relationship because u don't marry out of pity.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by OgaMadam(f): 10:02pm On Jan 04, 2007
"YOU'VE GOT THE RIGHT"!!!!

to move on.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by origina9ja(f): 12:42am On Aug 09, 2008
gal
jst be real
try tell him as cool as possible i understand it kinda hard tho
the whole point is that you have 2 tell me undecided

gud luck
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by arianne(f): 1:08am On Aug 09, 2008
dear, i felt d way u do bout a month back and it was pathetic, jmy relationship was just like watchin a house burn down! don't wait till it gets to the point where u cant even bear the thot of seeing him. just tell him u don't love him anymore. trust me, he'll get ova u like a bad habit.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by topup: 1:25am On Aug 09, 2008
Firstly, I will advice you if you haven't already to give all you have (in effort) to this relationship. If you have already but still came to this conclusion then you should discuss this with him. Don't do the immature thing by ignoring him or distancing yourself, you may think it's letting him down gently but it makes the dumpee feel like 'what have I done wrong'. The guy sounds sweet, and you gotta let him know that he will not benefit in a relationship in which the person he's with doesn't want to be with him, you can't make someone love you. If he's smart he'll understand, but if he's selfish he'll still want you to stay. Have a mature talk with him, that is my answer, and be firm, not harsh, firm.

Good Luck

Oh yes, tell the truth, if he asks anything, tell him the truth, don't try and use cliches or lie!
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 09, 2008
then get out, leave!
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by NegroNtns(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2008
Hmmm , cool
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by workingirl: 5:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
Just tell him you don't think its working. I'm afraid theres nothing you can say to make it nice. Its like asking how you can tell someone nicely that they have cancer, its not possible. You are causing more damage by lengthening the whole charade. Try and stay away from him after telling him.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by Nella(f): 6:50pm On Aug 09, 2008
workingirl:

Just tell him you don't think its working. I'm afraid theres nothing you can say to make it nice. Its like asking how you can tell someone nicely that they have cancer, its not possible. You are causing more damage by lengthening the whole charade. Try and stay away from him after telling him.

Exactly wht I was gonna say,
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by adex285(m): 8:53am On Aug 10, 2008
Girl i think people on this forum has said it all.the choice is yours.
i call that choice, itz a free world remember.
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by TheJoker1(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2008
This is a bleeping ancient topic men, posted in the days of Tafawa Balewa embarassed
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by abikelat(f): 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2008
My dear, if u dont feel him, pls back out immediately you ave not even gone very far, just months, i was in a three year relationship and all of a sudden my love for stopped due to some reasons, so abeg save ursef d agony of not being happy in d end if u eventually force rsef, best of luck
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by tope2000(f): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Then get out already tongue
Re: My Relationship: I Want Out! by ssRhino: 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
What was the basis of the relationship to start with, cos i thnk 2 months is too soon to wanna out, cos dating is a relationship of 2 different pple, so with time, you get to understand the person better.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Have A Natural Personality? / Why Is It That Beautiful Women Never Stay With One Man / What Men Really Notice When They Look At You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.