Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? (15949 Views)

Buhari Is The Best Nigeria President Ever / Jonathan Constructed More Roads Than Any President Ever In Nigeria. – Fashola / Seun Kuti Blasts IBB ,mark, Says Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by honeric01(m): 2:03am On Jan 24, 2012
swezenberg:

Those of you that were not born before the Buhari era really missed good governance. Buhari made it so interesting and I will always give it to him. From WAI to Price control good FOREX and made Nigeria a proud nation for the western world to envy.

i am jealous, did you stand still when national anthems were being played then? sad sad sad
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Kaboom1: 2:14am On Jan 24, 2012
Buhari/Idiagbon
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by philip0906(m): 2:17am On Jan 24, 2012
swezenberg:

Those of you that were not born before the Buhari era really missed good governance. Buhari made it so interesting and I will always give it to him. From WAI to Price control good FOREX and made Nigeria a proud nation for the western world to envy.
So I have also been told by many peeps of ur generation including my parents. . .pity I wasn't born then sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by LEXYLOV: 2:24am On Jan 24, 2012
Most of the people comments here, their posts talk lots about them. I can now assume that NL full of very young people. If you must know. Late Gen Murtala Muhammed was Nigeria best head of state, its a curse to the nation that those who meant well for the nation do not last. That he spent only six month before been assassinated. Those who read history or who can ask their parents or elders can find the truth of that. Secondly Gen Buhari/Idiagbon. Take Umar Yaradua as my 3rd. OBJ was part of Nigeria current predicament.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by oge4real(f): 3:24am On Jan 24, 2012
obj
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by lao(f): 3:31am On Jan 24, 2012
I guess the colonial masters era were better.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by odumchi: 3:37am On Jan 24, 2012
President Nnamdi Azikiwe, Aguiyi Ironsi, and Murtala Mohammed were the beat Nigeria ever had. Abubakar Tafawa Baleea was also Nigeria's best prime minister.

The last great leader of Nigeria was Murtala Mohammed. After him, Nigeria turned rotten.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 3:46am On Jan 24, 2012
I see no reason for me to call OBJ the best. I will pick Buhari instead, my mama say the man do well cool
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by pawa4ul: 3:54am On Jan 24, 2012
OBJ all the way. Almost a stable currency exchange rate for yrs, no borrowing from IMF, WB etc. GSM, the list goea on and on. Above all, he's got liver.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Marlboro1: 4:01am On Jan 24, 2012
I am not sure why we are talking about who is or was the better president when we know none of them was any good. Just remind me of major achievements of these folks you guys are mentioning here. Those who talk about military dictators must have not been around then to experience what life was like. Anyone that took power by force deserve to be in jail or six-deep right now. Let us not even give them any credits as there was nothing to cheer about in their time.

I WILL RESERVE MY SELECTION UNTIL SEN. DAVID MARK COMPLETES HIS FIRST TERM AS PRESIDENT IN 2019.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by samdigo(m): 4:04am On Jan 24, 2012
Gowon
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 4:06am On Jan 24, 2012
The late and beloved, General Sani Abacha. A leader you stood against the IMF and world power that wanted to forcefully get Nigeria to take a loan that they never needed. Abacha told them; the money from oil sales was enough for Nigeria. That's what I call a leader with balls. Not enough, they came back to him, you must devalue naira or face sanctions, once again, Abacha told them go to hell. They imposed travel ban on Abacha to western countries. People didn't know that Abacha never traveled to any western country for most of his leadership tenure. Even when he was dying, he believed in Nigeria and Nigerian doctors treated him. That is what you call a patriotic leader.  He met with Gaddafi and sought advice on how get Nigeria to become economic independent from the western world countries. Yes, many economic think-tanks have it that Nigeria was close to being independent from foreign dependence before he was killed. The international bankers have  succeeded in rubbishing his image, that he stole this and stole that. And most of us have fallen prey and gullible to these chip shot attack on his credibility. Have you asked yourself, where are all these monies that they claimed he stole and recovered? Are we not entitled to know where the money went to. Have you asked yourself, if these people can claim that Abacha stole billions and are unable to find any thing even $1m on IBB, common sense tells you that this was all orchestrated.  Remember Abacha served IBB  for almost 11 years and  the only time in our history when a Chief of defense staff(Abacha) had the same military rank as the head of state(IBB).   And most people who served closely with him, will tell you that he was deeply against the World Bank-led Structural Adjustment Program and wasted no time, not following through on it when he came to power.  Yes he was brutal during his administration but he meant well for Nigeria. I have no fear that had he remained in power, Nigeria would been on par with Gaddafi-led Libya. Not Libya today. Judge for yourselves, all the major construction embarked and built in Abuja, were initiated by the Abacha regime. Just a few, National Hospital Abuja (the only major hospital  fully functioning in Nigeria today), National Stadium, Nigeria conference center, NNPC towers (He initiated it), Ministry of finance, and provided the land for the building of the CBN towers e.t.c. I can name many more, but this is just to give you an idea. Why is it that no new medical center or major hospital has been since the one initiated by Abacha, though completed by Abdulsalami. This just tells you that this man had a vision. Again, yes he was a dictator but some countries need dictators to protect us from the White-led blood suckers of the black countries.

History will judge and very soon, you guys will begin to see the undeniable truth on the achievements of the man, Late General Sani Abacha.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by moremi2008(m): 4:17am On Jan 24, 2012
Danka7777:

The late and beloved, General Sani Abacha. A leader you stood against the IMF and world power that wanted to forcefully get Nigeria to take a loan that they never needed. Abacha told them; the money from oil sales was enough for Nigeria. That's what I call a leader with balls. Not enough, they came back to him, you must devalue naira or face sanctions, once again, Abacha told them go to hell. They imposed travel ban on Abacha to western countries. People didn't know that Abacha never traveled to any western country for most of his leadership tenure. Even when he was dying, he believed in Nigeria and Nigerian doctors treated him. That is what you call a patriotic leader.  He met with Gaddafi and sought advice on how get Nigeria to become economic independent from the western world countries. Yes, many economic think-tanks have it that Nigeria was close to being independent from foreign dependence before he was killed. The international bankers have  succeeded in rubbishing his image, that he stole this and stole that. And most of us have fallen prey and gullible to these chip shot attack on his credibility. Have you asked yourself, where are all these monies that they claimed he stole and recovered? Are we not entitled to know where the money went to. Have you asked yourself, if these people can claim that Abacha stole billions and are unable to find any thing even $1m on IBB, common sense tells you that this was all orchestrated.  Remember Abacha served IBB  for almost 11 years and  the only time in our history when a Chief of defense staff(Abacha) had the same military rank as the head of state(IBB).  And most people who served closely with him, will tell you that he was deeply against the World Bank-led Structural Adjustment Program and wasted no time, not following through on it when he came to power.  Yes he was brutal during his administration but he meant well for Nigeria. I have no fear that had he remained in power, Nigeria would been on par with Gaddafi-led Libya. Not Libya today. Judge for yourselves, all the major construction embarked and built in Abuja, were initiated by the Abacha regime. Just a few, National Hospital Abuja (the only major hospital  fully functioning in Nigeria today), National Stadium, Nigeria conference center, NNPC towers (He initiated it), Ministry of finance, and provided the land for the building of the CBN towers e.t.c. I can name many more, but this is just to give you an idea. What is it that no new medical center or major hospital has been since the one initiated by Abacha, though completed by Abdulsalami. This just tells you that this man had a vision. Again, yes he was a dictator but some countries need dictators to protect us from the White-led blood suckers of the black countries.

History will judge and very soon, you guys will begin to see the undeniable truth on the achievements of the man, Late General Sani Abacha.

Are you clinically insane? WTF is all this gibberish you're writing? Thank God you're in TX! People like you should be publicly lynched! Abacha was a demon: an alcoholic, sadistic and anti-social demon.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jan 24, 2012
moremi2008:

Are you clinically insane? WTF is all this gibberish you're writing? Thank God you're in TX! People like you should be publicly lynched! Abacha was a demon: an alcoholic, sadistic and anti-social demon.

Typically, I try not to answer or reply comments that come no where to the vicinity of reason. By mere reading your comment, obviously you lack a great deal of intelligence and understanding.  This is a respectful forum. The fact you can spew insults without making your point, clearly tells me that you have a deep-seated infested hatred in yourself and for others. As any educated person would do, If you disagree with me, fine, make your point and the rest of the respected members of this forum will chime in and choose sides. Isn't that a logical way to exchange ideas? But when you begin a comment will insults and huff, people would think that you are mentally unstable and haven't had more of interaction with people especially on disagreement level. 

Remember, I once used to think like you about Abacha; perhaps the biggest critics of Abacha, didn't know any better then, took to face-value what the media said of Abacha. But guess what,  I know better. You may not believe me but all I ask you is to embark on a quest to search for knowledge. Read insatiably on secrets document and what transpired under the administration of Late General Sani Abacha. You may not have access to these documents or books, I will more than willing to direct you to someone in my family in Abuja, to give you these books from my library, for free of charge.

Once again, next time you wish to disagree, do it like an educated person and not like an animal. Usually I don't waste my time on people like you. Hope this helps!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by darne(m): 4:45am On Jan 24, 2012
[size=34pt]1) Murtala Ramat Mohammed R.I.P
2) Gen. Mohammed Buhari RTD
3) Late President Umar Musa Yar`Adua R.I.P
[/size]

Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by efisher(m): 4:51am On Jan 24, 2012
I also feel Yar'Adua would have been a great president if not for his health. Unfortunately, he didn't live long enough for us to know. It seems the day he died was the day Nigeria died also.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by dokunbam(m): 4:56am On Jan 24, 2012
OBJ

OBJ pulled some strings during his tenor, he is strong and focus

We experienced so many reforms, like telecom, banking, pension, ports (water and air) debt relieve just to mention a few. During his tenor he put smile on the face of the civil servant. Naija was more peaceful. He worked with technocrats.

EFCC and ICPC although we believe they used for political reasons but seriously they did some shake ups then.

Seriously most of his moves were to really turn around naija, but there were so many saboteurs.

Let us give GEJ a chance, the future of this country is in our hands, we need to change our mindset and let corruption be a thing of the past. It starts from each person. If each individual can decide to stop corruption in his/her mind naija will be a better place to be. LET US STOP KILLING

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by nogames: 5:05am On Jan 24, 2012
OBJ all the way, I am not here to defend him but  revelation from just concluded strike  shows that most of these billions projects ( including power) are mere budgetary. Cash were never available to fund them. This accounted for many abandon project according to NOI.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Djdamian(m): 5:13am On Jan 24, 2012
muritala mohammed, he seriously dealt wit corruption, so sad he didnt last long
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by moremi2008(m): 5:28am On Jan 24, 2012
Danka7777:

Typically, I try not to answer or reply comments that come no where to the vicinity of reason. By mere reading your comment, obviously you lack a great deal of intelligence and understanding.  This is a respectful forum. The fact you can spew insults without making your point, clearly tells me that you have a deep-seated infested hatred in yourself and for others. As any educated person would do, If you disagree with me, fine, make your point and the rest of the respected members of this forum will chime in and choose sides. Isn't that a logical way to exchange ideas? But when you begin a comment will insults and huff, people would think that you are mentally unstable and haven't had more of interaction with people especially on disagreement level. 

Remember, I once used to think like you about Abacha; perhaps the biggest critics of Abacha, didn't know any better then, took to face-value what the media said of Abacha. But guess what,  I know better. You may not believe me but all I ask you is to embark on a quest to search for knowledge. Read insatiably on secrets document and what transpired under the administration of Late General Sani Abacha. You may not have access to these documents or books, I will more than willing to direct you to someone in my family in Abuja, to give you these books from my library, for free of charge.

Once again, next time you wish to disagree, do it like an educated person and not like an animal. Usually I don't waste my time on people like you. Hope this helps!

So you expect me to DEBATE the merits of Sani Abacha with you? You are truly insane. You go ask the families of hundreds of innocents he murdered for a nice little debate and see what happens.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by seunlayi(m): 5:40am On Jan 24, 2012
still watching Gej

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by ng4am(f): 6:27am On Jan 24, 2012
None, still watching Gej
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jan 24, 2012
i will go for OBJ. I'm only assessing from IBB time to Yaradua's time because those are d regimes that I was old enough to judge . reason: He is a detribalised nigeria. He has and displays leadership qualities. He tried to fight corruption. He achieved a lot during his time. However, he performed below expectation. Yaradua was also very good but for untimely death. It's too early to'judge Gej.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 24, 2012
Has anybody noticed the amount of Obasanjo hired praise singers that alway pop up in these types of threads.
Probably a couple of individuals with multiple IDs since few of then have posted over 100 posts.

Obasanjo has stolen trillions of Naira and gave Nigeria no tangible development in his 8 years in which we saw recod high revenue from high oil prices.

Obasanjo for me is the worst equal with Babangida.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 24, 2012
Has anybody noticed the amount of Obasanjo hired praise singers that alway pop up in these types of threads.
Probably a couple of individuals with multiple IDs since few of then have posted over 100 posts.

Obasanjo has stolen trillions of Naira and gave Nigeria no tangible development in his 8 years in which we saw recod high revenue from high oil prices.

Obasanjo for me is the worst equal with Babangida.

SO, ANYBODY THAT HAS CONTRARY OPINION TO YOUR OWN OR GAVE IT TO OBJ USED MULTIPLE IDS? WHAT A FALACY!!!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by stayreal: 7:19am On Jan 24, 2012
Lord Lugard
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 24, 2012
besides, do you mean that anybody that gave it to obj is a hired praise singer? You need to reexamine yourself.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by uneeking(m): 7:21am On Jan 24, 2012
Murtala Mohammed Has been the best so far despite his short stay. That is why he was assasinated in the first place.  Idiagbon continued his way of governance. GEJ is trying to do same in a different way. If we are however not careful and supportive enough and God does not step in, he might go the way Murtala did and we will only start appreciating him thereafter when the real demons step in power like it happened after the Murtala era. Be wise people. cool
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by PoDeep(m): 7:21am On Jan 24, 2012
Frankly, they've all been shyte.
Still assessing GEJ, but pending the time, I'd hand it to OBJ. Looter or not, he was very instrumental to our cause.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by nagoma(m): 7:22am On Jan 24, 2012
Buhari   Remains selfless and disciplined.

Abacha was brave and patriotic but fell out with press mainly on account of Abiola's mandate so his qualities were always wu fessed and his excesses exaggerated and amplified. See what  the late professor Ikejiani- Clark said on Abacha and on OBJ.
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by muystoy(m): 7:29am On Jan 24, 2012
The best is Gen Muhmd Buhari closely followed by Umar Yar Adua while d worst are Badluck Jolantern,Abacha Ãήϑ Obasanjo in no particular order
Re: Who Is Your Best Nigeria President Ever? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 24, 2012
moremi2008:

So you expect me to DEBATE the merits of Sani Abacha with you? You are truly insane. You go ask the families of hundreds of innocents he murdered for a nice little debate and see what happens.

Once again, let me write slowly with less words, perhaps you will grasp. Its obvious you didn't read my comment or have problem with understanding. I thought I made it clear that his regime was BRUTAL.  What is brutality? Be careful not to engage someone in an argument in public, people will laugh at you pretty bad. Mark my words, it would happen and when it happens you would remember that I warned you when it comes to professional debate etiquette. When someone makes a point you disagree with, you pinpoint those places you disagree and channel them into a debate and convey your sentiments in a respectful manner. And not rambling like someone who just came out of the cave.

Let's play holier than thou! You mentioned that Abacha murdered innocent people, that I agree. However, Name me one Nigerian president that hasn't murdered a citizen? If can name me one, I will retract my comment.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is Rivers State Sea Port Underutilised While Lagos Suffers From Congestion? / Imo Airport To Resume Full Cargo Status / #ImoRerun: Okorocha Thanks People Of Okigwe Zone, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.