Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,276 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men (10962 Views)

Photos: Swedish Gays Pride Parade Swallowed Up By God's Wrath / God's Wrath -- A Forgotten Doctrine / Is God's Wrath Manifested By Eternal Fire At Variance With God's Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Akiika: 6:13pm On Jan 26, 2012
Chei! God don get spokesperson. Person don dey send e-mail on behalf of God.
This is probably from one of the man-of-his-pocket fearing that NL posts and comments are enlightening more and more church donors, therby affecting church business.
BTW, how did he know that God's wrath has befallen NL commentators?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by dumodust(m): 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
God himself said that we should ask questions and be wary of these so called prophets, Any body that wants to be God and not be be held accountable by his flock should go home and rest.
It's funny, the mindset of the average Nigerian, they want freedom, free speech but they are in bondage, held back by ethnicity, religion and other unreasonable things that are below common sense and loving thy neighbor. And I wonder what happened to 'loving thy neighbour' and 'praying for your enemies'.
I'm more bothered about the curses and 'fatwah' emanating from these churches, the dogma's awful and most of us actually go to church to listen to the word of God and ponder about the future and eternal life and not to get preached to about success and making it. Some even kill and murder people in prayers nowadays. There's a big scam going on.
What people say no matter how silly they sound are a reflection of what they see happening,
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by TomiSwag(m): 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
I think U should restructure Ur sentences and the way U present the topics. Coz no matter what, people will always talk.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Jan 26, 2012
dumodust:

God himself said that we should ask questions and be wary of these so called prophets, Any body that wants to be God and not be be held accountable by his flock should go home and rest.
It's funny, the mindset of the average Nigerian, they want freedom, free speech but they are in bondage, held back by ethnicity, religion and other unreasonable things that are below common sense and loving thy neighbor. And I wonder what happened to 'loving thy neighbour' and 'praying for your enemies'.
I'm more bothered about the curses and 'fatwah' emanating from these churches, the dogma's awful and most of us actually go to church to listen to the word of God and ponder about the future and eternal life and not to get preached to about success and making it. Some even kill and murder people in prayers nowadays. There's a big scam going on.
What people say no matter how silly they sound are a reflection of what they see happening,

Bravo! With freedom comes responsibility and accountability.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by mail4gift2(m): 8:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
Who ever started this thread, what is your motive?
is this what you wished for?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by awesomet1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2012
Useless and aimless thread. Come first o?! Seun Osewa, are you an atheist? Spill it out clearly make we know.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by deadie(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2012
'Men of God' are FRAUD. Hell, your God himself is the product of cave-dwelling hashish-smoking Middle Eastern men. Your Space Daddy a.k.a God is fake and you know it, and exists only in your imagination. Do not worry about his wrath on me, I can handle it. I only worry for the m0rons who are gullible enough to believe your fairytale. 'Men of God' are the only group who are legally allowed to commit fraud in Nigeria.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by bigsean(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2012
@Seun, i want to believe you know better, blogs and forums like yours is the new media of our generation to voice whatever situation or topic that is currently trending.
Whatever you chose to do is totally up to you (who are we to stop u grin).
Even though i have my own opinion on religion, i think the religious section is very informative.
I think god is intensely pre-occupied saving Nigeria from boko haram.  grin, so he really doesn't have time for whatever people write about he's "boys" on nairaland.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2012
So men of God are now threatening Seun through emails!? It is sad they are scarred of being exposed of their evil deeds! Hypocrites and decietful preachers.

Please, slap somebody again pastor and expect to be praised for doing it!

* I shake my head*

Our ignorance as people(Nigerians) is nauseating!
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by BERNIMOORE: 11:14pm On Jan 26, 2012
[b]SOME OF THE QUESTIONABLE MEN OF GOD.

1. PASTOR. DAVID OYEDEPO AND PASTOR MRS FAITH ABIOLA OYEDEPO.
2. REV. CHRIS OYAKHILOME AND (PASTOR MRS ANITA OYAKHILOME.DIRECTOR CHRIST EMBASSY U.K.)
3. PASTOR PAUL ADEFARASIN AND PASTOR MRS IFEANYI ADEFARASIN
4. PASTOR ADEBOYE AND PASTOR MRS FOLU ADEBOYE
5. PROPHET T B JOSHUA AND EVANGELIST MRS EVELYN JOSHUA
6. PASTOR AYO ORITSEJAFOR AND (PASTOR MRS HELEN ORITSEJAFOR.C.E.O, EAGLE FLIGHT MICRO FINANCE BANK)

WHAT IS COMMON TO THE ABOVE IS ''WOMAN BECOMING A PASTOR UNDER A PARTICULAR SETTING OUTSIDE THE BIBLE DOCTRINES'',

BUT FIRST,

LET'S  SEE THE BIBLE REQUIREMENT OF ''WHO BECOMES A GENERAL OVERSEER''1 TIMOTHY 3:1-7;1 Timothy 3

Qualifications of Overseers

1 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

IT WILL INTEREST YOU THAT BIBLE REQUIREMENTS OF OVERSEERS,BISHOP OR PASTORS INCLUDES,THAT;

1 TIMOTHY 3:1-7.reads

1,HE MUST BE BLAMELESS,

2,NOT GREEDY OF MONEY,

3,AND MUST HAVE GOOD TESTIMONY FROM AMONG THOSE WHO ARE OUTSIDE.

NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT WOMEN TO BECOME PASTORS,BISHOPS OR LEADERS OVER MEN,ITS NOT MEANT TO BE HIDDEN,IF NOT IT WILL NOT BE IN MY BIBLE AND YOUR OWN BIBLE.

AND THEN,

''WOMAN BECOMING A PASTOR'', IS IT BIBLICAL?,

2,DOES IT CRIMINALLY VIOLATE THE STANDARD SET BY THE EARLY CHRISTIAN THAT ARE CONFIRMED AS THE FIRST CHRISTIANS? READ YOURSELVES,

1 Timothy 2:11,12.

11, Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.

12, And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34, Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church,

THEN DO THESE PASTORS ABOVE ACTIVITIES IN SETTING UP GODS CHURCH NOT QUESTIONABLE?

WHICH BIBLICAL RULES OR STANDARD WERE USED TO APPOINT WIFE OF A PASTOR AS QUALIFIED PASTOR,AND AUTHOMATICALLY INSTALLED ABOVE OTHER SAME CHURCH LOWER MEN PASTORS, THIS WIFE OF THE SENIOR PASTOR DOUBLES AS THE SECOND IN COMMAND  THE GENERAL OVERSEERS OR SENIOR PASTORS, AND SHE IS SIGNATORY TO ALL CHURCH FUNDS IN THE BANKS.

CAN ANYONE JUST SET UP WHAT HE WANTS IN THE NAME OF CHURCH?

OR,

ARE WE RUNNING A PROFITABLE COMPANY?

THERE WAS NO BIBLE PROVISION SPECIFIED FOR WOMEN TO BECOME PASTOR AND IT CRIMINALLY VIOLATES CHRISTIANITY,SHAMEFULLY IT IS JUST MEANT TO PROTECT A PARTICULAR PASTORS FAMILY WEALTH,IF NOT WHY REPLACING A STANDARD MEANT FOR MEN LEADERS FOR WOMEN TO FUFIL A FAMILY LEGACY,ITS QUESTIONABLE AND DEMAND LOGICAL ANSWERS,

PROVE ME WRONG FROM THE BIBLE PLS .

[/b]
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 27, 2012
Only God deserves worship . . .not the so called "Men of God"

Besides I am very confident our Men of God can endure the criticism and doubt that their many apologists are working on their behalf on this touch-not-my-annointed crusade.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 27, 2012
BERNIMOORE:

[b]SOME OF THE QUESTIONABLE MEN OF GOD.

1. PASTOR. DAVID OYEDEPO AND PASTOR MRS FAITH ABIOLA OYEDEPO.
2. REV. CHRIS OYAKHILOME AND (PASTOR MRS ANITA OYAKHILOME.DIRECTOR CHRIST EMBASSY U.K.)
3. PASTOR PAUL ADEFARASIN AND PASTOR MRS IFEANYI ADEFARASIN
4. PASTOR ADEBOYE AND PASTOR MRS FOLU ADEBOYE
5. PROPHET T B JOSHUA AND EVANGELIST MRS EVELYN JOSHUA
6. PASTOR AYO ORITSEJAFOR AND (PASTOR MRS HELEN ORITSEJAFOR.C.E.O, EAGLE FLIGHT MICRO FINANCE BANK)

WHAT IS COMMON TO THE ABOVE IS ''WOMAN BECOMING A PASTOR UNDER A PARTICULAR SETTING OUTSIDE THE BIBLE DOCTRINES'',

BUT FIRST,

LET'S SEE THE BIBLE REQUIREMENT OF ''WHO BECOMES A GENERAL OVERSEER''1 TIMOTHY 3:1-7;1 Timothy 3

Qualifications of Overseers

1 This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

IT WILL INTEREST YOU THAT BIBLE REQUIREMENTS OF OVERSEERS,BISHOP OR PASTORS INCLUDES,THAT;

1 TIMOTHY 3:1-7.reads

1,HE MUST BE BLAMELESS,

2,NOT GREEDY OF MONEY,

3,AND MUST HAVE GOOD TESTIMONY FROM AMONG THOSE WHO ARE OUTSIDE.

NOTHING IS SAID ABOUT WOMEN TO BECOME PASTORS,BISHOPS OR LEADERS OVER MEN,ITS NOT MEANT TO BE HIDDEN,IF NOT IT WILL NOT BE IN MY BIBLE AND YOUR OWN BIBLE.

AND THEN,

''WOMAN BECOMING A PASTOR'', IS IT BIBLICAL?,

2,DOES IT CRIMINALLY VIOLATE THE STANDARD SET BY THE EARLY CHRISTIAN THAT ARE CONFIRMED AS THE FIRST CHRISTIANS? READ YOURSELVES,

1 Timothy 2:11,12.

11, Let a woman learn in silence with all submission.

12, And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

1 Corinthians 14:34-35

34, Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church,

THEN DO THESE PASTORS ABOVE ACTIVITIES IN SETTING UP GODS CHURCH NOT QUESTIONABLE?

WHICH BIBLICAL RULES OR STANDARD WERE USED TO APPOINT WIFE OF A PASTOR AS QUALIFIED PASTOR,AND AUTHOMATICALLY INSTALLED ABOVE OTHER SAME CHURCH LOWER MEN PASTORS, THIS WIFE OF THE SENIOR PASTOR DOUBLES AS THE SECOND IN COMMAND THE GENERAL OVERSEERS OR SENIOR PASTORS, AND SHE IS SIGNATORY TO ALL CHURCH FUNDS IN THE BANKS.

CAN ANYONE JUST SET UP WHAT HE WANTS IN THE NAME OF CHURCH?

OR,

ARE WE RUNNING A PROFITABLE COMPANY?

THERE WAS NO BIBLE PROVISION SPECIFIED FOR WOMEN TO BECOME PASTOR AND IT CRIMINALLY VIOLATES CHRISTIANITY,SHAMEFULLY IT IS JUST MEANT TO PROTECT A PARTICULAR PASTORS FAMILY WEALTH,IF NOT WHY REPLACING A STANDARD MEANT FOR MEN LEADERS FOR WOMEN TO FUFIL A FAMILY LEGACY,ITS QUESTIONABLE AND DEMAND LOGICAL ANSWERS,

PROVE ME WRONG FROM THE BIBLE PLS .

[/b]

I see you have quoted copiously from the Bible and in what appears to me as a tactical move, named some of your "competitors".

If we really want to clean this up going by your theory, every single Nigerian pentecostal clergy will be named - from your Daystars to the nameless church on my street corner because they all pastor their flock as man and wife!
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by baslone: 9:15am On Jan 27, 2012
Reminds me of the Maf!!!

Keepin it in the Fam!
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by lukaino(m): 10:56am On Jan 27, 2012
I would like us to understand that the responsibility for scolding a man of God rests solely with God himself. No matter how bad they act or how bad we feel, we have no right to challenge them but pray for them else,we'll be asking for God's wrath. I'll explain with some instances in the Bible.
in Numbers 12:1-10,Deutronomy 24:8 Miriam(Moses's sister) and Aaron Complained when Moses married an Ethiopian Woman and God heard them. God gave her Leprosy. Aron escaped narrowly having asked for mercy.
Second instance,Psalms 106:16 The ground opened and swallowed up Dathan, Korah and Abiram because the spoke against Moses.
Third instance, 2Kings 2:23-24 Little children numbering 42 were making jest of Elisha calling him bald head, he cursed them and bears came from the woods and devoured all of them. You and i would think that this was too harsh considering the fact that these were children.
In concluding, let God scold his men himself afterall we were not there when he called them, rather than attracting unnecessary curses on our heads.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Enosa1(m): 11:00am On Jan 27, 2012
Seun it will be better to ban everyone insulting a man of God. Cause God will not take insulting his anointed very likely.
Lets look at this: if i as a man sent sm1 a massage i am likely to follow himup, nt to take of God. REMEMBER he said to Abraham: i will cause those who cause u and bless those who bless u.
NAIRALANDER BEWARE GOD DOES NOT FORSAKE HIS OWN!
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Sagamite(m): 11:52am On Jan 27, 2012
E.nosa:

Seun it will be better to ban everyone insulting a man of God. Cause God will not take insulting his anointed very likely.
Lets look at this: if i as a man sent sm1 a massage i am likely to follow himup, nt to take of God. REMEMBER he said to Abraham: i will cause those who cause u and bless those who bless u.

You are a cretin!

You should get a noose and kill yourself. 160m is too much anyway, why don't you be patriotic?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2012
E.nosa:

Fool, this is a Forum, Please repeat a FORUMMMMMMMMMM, FORUMMMMMM. deluded hero worshipper.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Kentus(f): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
Some people will never learn. Perhaps their place in hell pulls them too strongly.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by eghost247(m): 2:17pm On Jan 27, 2012
Kentus:

Some people will never learn. Perhaps their place in hell pulls them too strongly.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Sagamite(m): 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
Kentus:

Right there next to you abi?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by adminlo: 2:55am On Jan 28, 2012
dear dumodust,

can you send your email or contact me at flasurvey@gmail.com.
i like your writing and would like to discuss further with you .
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by BERNIMOORE: 10:23am On Jan 28, 2012
@ E.nosa,

Bros

DO YOU KNOW THAT THOSE PASTORS GOT THEIRSELVES IN THIS MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE? BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO HEED THE WARNING FOR THE 'REQUIREMENTS OF AN OVERSEERS;(bishop,pastors.etc.),BUT ALLOW GREEDINESS TO OVERTAKE THEIR ASPIRATIONS.AND SO FALL INTO PUBLIC REPROACH; ( To express disapproval of, criticism of, or disappointment in (someone))  read yourself;1 Tim 3; 7.

(Verse 7, Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.[/color]

IT WILL INTEREST YOU THAT THE BIBLE 'STATES THE REQUIREMENTS' USING THE WORD ''MUST BE BLAMELESS'' IS A COMMAND,AND NOT AN ADMONITION. AND TO CAP IT ALL, HE MUST HAVE A GOOD TESTIMONY ''NOT FROM THE CHURCH MEMBERS OR FRIENDS BUT ''THOSE WHO ARE OUTSIDE''.READ OTHER ''MUST BE'' REQ.

1 TIMOTHY 3:2,3and 7. Reads,

2, A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous;

7, Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

CANT YOU SEE THAT GODS WORD ''IS COMPLETE'' FAILURE TO LIVE WITH THE STANDARD,CHRIST WILL NEVER 'BE REAL' TO  YOU,YOU EVENTUALLY SUFFER THE CONSEQUENT FALLING PREY TO ''EMPTY DECEPTION''.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by dumodust(m): 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
adminlo:

dear dumodust,

can you send your email or contact me at flasurvey@gmail.com.
i like your writing and would like to discuss further with you .

Thanks anyway but where did u see my writing? what you like about it? And give me an idea of what you want to discuss
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by PA1982(f): 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
lukaino:

, In concluding, let God scold his men himself afterall we were not there when he called them, rather than attracting unnecessary curses on our heads.

Come, come, lukaino, welcome to the real world.
Last month I myself called out some poster who wanted to 'curse' me and my family for criticising MOGs.
Said curse was to take effect in a week.
And guess what?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by FXKing2012(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2012
PA1982:

Come, come, lukaino, welcome to the real world.
Last month I myself called out some poster who wanted to 'curse' me and my family for criticising MOGs.
Said curse was to take effect in a week.
And guess what?

Pls dont abuse the MOG cos itz not for us to do that. Let God be the judge cos He alone knows all things.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls dont abuse the MOG cos itz not for us to do that. Let God be the judge cos He alone knows all things.
If they are Men of God, what does that make you?
If you say we should let God be judge, do you believe in courts? Are courts biblical? Don't you judge others when you tell them 'accussing MOG is a sin and God will punish them',
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by PA1982(f): 8:34pm On Feb 06, 2012
^^^
Due process of law seems not to apply to MOGs in FXKing2012's separate reality.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by dekung(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2012
@Goshen 360,
True it is only the act that should be condemned but when some folks begin the defend the very act that are at variance with uplifting human dignity that these so MOGs perpetrate you can't help but explode in fury. When an MOGs slapped someone in public and people were making a case for him, even threatning those who spoke against this act, it got a lot more people irked. That said, I am trying to understand why people are afraid to speak and yet hate people who speak. They quote verses like touch not my annointed, or the part where a prophet called out wild animals to kill little children who called him bald or Miriam when she spoke bad about Moses. All these events have one thing in common=Old testaments events. In the new testament, we saw Jesus praying for those who killed, Steven doing the same thing and Paul telling us to owe no man nothing except to love him. Now, come when it suits they refer to old testament and when its not they old testament is no longer valid?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by PA1982(f): 8:30pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^^ The noble art of cherry-picking before your very eyes. In other words, the bible is like a prisioner of war- torture it enough and it'll say what ever you want it to.

Did you actually watch the infamous 'slapping' video

My opinion is that the fellow was drunk or stoned as he had slurred speech and was barely able to maintain his balance while standing.
A lamentable show, to be sure.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 20, 2022
ImaIma1:
yes people are so quick to judge and throw abuses at these pastors.

its best not to bring curses upon urself by raining abuses. the best thing is to live ur life, do ur part and leave the pastors to God. God is the ultimate judge. the pastors cannot stop my blessings from God from coming. whether they chop d tithe or not, i still enjoy my blessings.

Wow 10 years later I just dey see your comment.
It's nice to still have you around, lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tempted To Assist A Family With God's Money (Tithe) / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? / Who Is Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.