Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men (10958 Views)

Photos: Swedish Gays Pride Parade Swallowed Up By God's Wrath / God's Wrath -- A Forgotten Doctrine / Is God's Wrath Manifested By Eternal Fire At Variance With God's Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Seun(m): 8:56am On Jan 26, 2012
Got this in my mailbox this morning:
Good morning.

I want to congratulate you for the good job you are doing on
nairaland. May God bless and reward you.

But there is a disturbing consistent occurrence I want to bring to your notice.

If you visit the Christian section you will see so many threads and
topics castigating and insulting several men of God.

The posters are gradually incurring the wrath of God by those abusive
posts. Please I want you to look into this urgent incidents. It needs
to be stopped.

Remember they are using your platform to do this evil things, God will
not be happy if you allow it to continue without doing something about
it.

God bless you greatly.

How should I respond?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Acidosis(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2012
I have this same issue in my mind. I've tried so many times to correct these people but they so adamant to correction. I'll strongly suggest you open a thread on the religion section where users can report and case of insult on any Pastor, Iman, Bishop etc, while indicating a link to the thread and the name of such user. After which a ban is placed on any reported user.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 26, 2012
Some of them do not even believe in God(Seun included), so you are wasting your time
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by remoranger(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2012
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by abhosts(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2012
Seun:

Got this in my mailbox this morning:
How should I respond?

An Agnostic asking how he should respond? I think you opened this thread to add Salt upon Injury. At least you would not say you were not told when your day of reckoning comes.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by OnlyRebel: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2012
@ OP. Who are those men of God confirmed to you by God himself. May be you are a man of evil ?
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by bros12345: 9:23am On Jan 26, 2012
You know, this is true seun. Ur platform has become the worse in reeling insults on men of God. When baal is punished, his house is also punished. Do something about this
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Acidosis(m): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2012
come to think of it, NO MAN OF GOD IS INDEPTED TO ANY NAIRALANDER, the government is responsible for whatever is wrong with the nation. Pastors dont force us to attend their services, we weren't force to pay offerings, so there is no point insulting these men for been wealthy.
I also want to bring to notice that these guys (most) are neither christians nor muslims. Also think of opening a section for these set of people, so will dont mix the true christians with pagans
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Mobinga: 9:25am On Jan 26, 2012
Men of God are incurring God's wrath for robbing God's children.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by eghost247(m): 9:25am On Jan 26, 2012
dont say nothing
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 9:26am On Jan 26, 2012
Rubbish! angry

Nonsense and ingredients!!

So men of God should not be abused or criticized anymore? So they have become supreme beings who are above correction and insults? So they are now almost equal to God?

But most of y'all complaining would heap coals of fire and curse Goodluck Jonathan, am I right?

Silly pastor worshippers.

Rubbish!!
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Umunede(m): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2012
This is very dangerous. The Bible said Touch not my anointed. Ask for forgiveness from God. To be forewarned. No one put fire on his bossom and expect not to be burned.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by prodam(m): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2012
the request is quite ambiguous,
abusing men of God?, questions that might come up are:,
1. who are men of God
2. in which religious sect does the sender belong to and what is his belief
3. this is just a forum and things like that are bound to happen
4. Nigeria is  a multi-religious nation and there exist difference in belief
5. finally lets be careful in abusing people generally not only the clerics

, my opinion
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by gameaddict(m): 9:27am On Jan 26, 2012
If u ask me, na who I go ask?

Wetin concern am? I see those threads too but I'm not worried. By every man's deeds aka 'fruit', we shall know him.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by ImaIma1(f): 9:27am On Jan 26, 2012
yes people are so quick to judge and throw abuses at these pastors.

its best not to bring curses upon urself by raining abuses. the best thing is to live ur life, do ur part and leave the pastors to God. God is the ultimate judge. the pastors cannot stop my blessings from God from coming. whether they chop d tithe or not, i still enjoy my blessings.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by emofine2(f): 9:27am On Jan 26, 2012
No offense but does this apply to all people who adhere to different beliefs outside of Christianity? because if so, what duty do such people have to this God that they do not adhere to?
I guess recently this section has deviated somewhat, now becoming a daily exposé of nefarious activities of these so called "men of God" but does being among the circle of "God's men" make one immune from criticism?

If you visit the Christian section you will see so many threads and
topics castigating and insulting several men of God.

Well insulting seems to be the modus operandi of this entire forum. It's not exclusive to this section except the abuse is levelled at "God's men" and I think some people are so used to insulting as a means of communication. I do think however the sender has a right to be upset but not because the abuse is directed to "God's men". Abuse is not really a necessary form of dialogue even when venting in my opinion - most especially as not all stories or rumours are even verified.

But is this a warning or a threat? undecided

P.S Seun don't forget to post the mail, threatening the wrath of the government if Nairalanders continue to insult GEJ et al tongue
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by eghost247(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2012
wonder why some people cant handle criticism
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 26, 2012
bros12345:

You know, this is true seun. Ur platform has become the worse in reeling insults on men of God. When baal is punished, his house is also punished. Do something about this

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Seun, one of these pastor worshippers just called you Baal! cheesy

Baal Seun grin
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by itoldu: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2012
You can't understand what you don't know, neither can you get wisdom from what you don't understand. Doing the right thing is the right thing. -Selah
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by kasperone8: 9:31am On Jan 26, 2012
Why is this kind of post making front page.People are free to hold whichever views they choose, Those who choose to be worship "men of God" and those who choose to say the truth as they deem it fit are free to toll which ever path.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by elliottibanga(m): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2012
Is someone is saying something bad about you or an idea you subscribe to?

Too bad for you! Free Speech trumps all other idea's in a civilized 20th century society.

Maybe if we were back in the dark ages, or during the Christian Crusades a ban on criticizing ''men of God" would fly, but make no mistake, WE ARE NOT!
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Acidosis(m): 9:33am On Jan 26, 2012
* * stretch forth my hand and gives everyone on the thread a DIRTY S L A P * *
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by stillme(m): 9:35am On Jan 26, 2012
@Only-rebel,mind u this not joke section. Learn how guide tongue unless u want the fire of God to consume u.
Repent from ur evil ways.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2012
In christianity there is no office or position tag "Man of God". you people should go and study the bible thoroughly. As far as christianity is concern All True Born Again Christians are Man of God. It is not a tittle for pastors/preachers or church business owners(i mean the fake ones only). As christians we have the right to condemn those fake pastors who are spoiling the work christ did with his blood. If you are a true christian you should be concern and troubled when you see the religion and faith you loved so much is being degraded by greedy men who call themselves pastors. God is not happy with those who knows the truth and keep silence because of fear. Paul publicly rebuked peter when he was being hypocritical!!! Jesus Christ publicly rebuked the scribes and pharisees who where the General Oversears in his time.  The scribe and pharisees represent all the fake Bishops and general overseers we have today. Christianity lost its essence when pastors started saying don't be too heavenly conscious and become earthly useless. Today we are now too earthly conscious and becoming heavenly useless. if we are not too careful what happened in Europe that lead to d "death" of Christianity in Europe may still takes place in this country. The revolution in Europe took place when church leaders started protecting corrupt govt officials and regime. The people revolted against the govt and the church. Since then Atheism has been increasing in Europe to this day. We Christians should learn to show good example. Christianity should reflect in our behaviour and how we threat people. you are not a christian because you are a pastor or because you go to church everyday. Christianity is life. let it reflect in your day to day live.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by GoldCircle: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2012
Just think you should be more watchful about the threads that make it to the front page! i have recently been wondering myself how many of these stories make it to the front page. But about this church/pastors criticism, i feel it should be constructive rather than insultive as it has been in recent times!

Cheers,
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by bros12345: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2012
Ppl generally use this forum mainly to insult, abuse, castigate and show all manner of monkey attitude. Start by opening a front page warning on some ways to talk here. Maybe that's all you can do anyway. Not to try to do something is the worse you could do.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by itoldu: 9:36am On Jan 26, 2012
Seun, na scam. he's only trying to beat his past record of replies to his  threads. This guy is good.
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by victorazy(m): 9:39am On Jan 26, 2012
Shea me I don talk am before, I've warned NL officials before about all these. I told NL official that nairaland is about to crash if something will not be done
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2012
Fela don finish matter. . .Archbishop na miliki,pope na enjoyment,imamu na gbaladun.. There are no men of god in Nigeria,what we have are advanced yahoo boys and fraudsters
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 26, 2012
I laugh in finnish!  grin grin grin grin grin This is the funniest nonsense i've read all day! God's men? When did God start using corrupt thieves to do his work?   These are the men God will deny!  cheesy
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by eghost247(m): 9:41am On Jan 26, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Fela don finish matter. . .Archbishop na miliki,pope na enjoyment,imamu na gbaladun.. There are no men of god in Nigeria,what we have are advanced yahoo boys and fraudsters
^^^^^^^^ LWKMD BLUETOOH U KNOW GO KILL PESIN WITH LAUGHTER
Re: Nairalanders Incurring God's Wrath By Abusing God's Men by saintneo(m): 9:43am On Jan 26, 2012
Man is man, whether anointed as priest, pastor, imam, dibia, witch(witch for Jesus, harry potter witch, merlin witch or warri witch) etc, all are human.

They should not be worshiped but they should be accorded same respect you give to any man. If they are messing up with people, they should face the consequences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? / PHOTOS From 'The Experience' In Lagos. / Who Is Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.