Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx - Nairaland / General (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx (79705 Views)

Next Time You Want To Insult Your Mom,she Went Through This For U (picture) / Man Went Naked Over Fuel Issue (picture) / Please Help Nairalander With Your Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

[b]Emmmh if I decide to say my piece now u probably get a bit hmmmmm wiv my moniker.[/b]I haven't seen any 1 of u run any campaign in any of the oda threads u mostly frequent, yes dis is d main thread I NO!!! However notin stops u or odas from getting d attentions of ur friends and fans in oda threads as it would help a great deal in multiplying d figures we have atm.IMO sitting here for mannure to drop is not d way forward, if I can do it notin stops u lot.I know d attempt my mean going offtopic for a min or so, but am sure it won't be a massive deal if we apologise.

My 2cents!

LOL- I thought we got over that. grin Personally, I didn't run any campaigns because I did not want to make it seem as if I was competing with TeHN and to avoid any confusion anywhere. However, I did copy the intial post on this thread on my blog.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by OAM4J: 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL- I thought we got over that.  grin Personally, I didn't run any campaigns because I did not want to make it seem as if I was competing with TeHN and to avoid any confusion anywhere. However, I did copy the intial post on this thread on my blog.

It is not about TeHN and TeHN is not in competition. We are all working together for the befits of those in need of our help.

It is not about vainglory for TeHN committee. It is about putting smiles on the faces of those in need/pain.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by r231(m): 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2012
maclatunji:

I think this thread is losing steam. What can we do to improve the response rate to help Perx?

undecided undecided
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by perx(f): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2012
in the hospital taking pics myself, it's not easy. I will get someone to take better ones next time.

I've been doing different tests e.g. ECG, EMG, chest x-rays, different blood tests, etc. Orthopedics examining
my broken rt femur and possibility of surgery, neurologists examining me and possible of treatment – prescribed
new drugs. They said that their last resort will be botox or botolinium toxin.

I have always stated that If I get competent surgeons/doctors and funds here in Nigeria, I am willing to be treated
here in Nigeria especially UBTH. I started my admission and treatment with ceasyc's donation; it hasn't gone far
but it has helped a lot. TeHN is trying to do their best soonest. THANK YOU TEHN.

The orthopedics are preparing me for surgery and the neurologists are working on the spasms, pain, jerking, etc. Some
called it seizure but no unconsciousness. One of the snr neurologist called it spasm; it was really bad the day he examined me.
I don't know if I will still need to go to the U.S.A to see doctor Schwartzman (which my family have been trying to raise funds for like forever).
Anyway we'll see how it goes here first IJN. Amen!

thank you all so much for everything. I pray that I get more people to help me financially. I need your prayers too.God bless you all

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2012
ifyalways:

Mac,bring on fresh and new ideas.
What do you suggest be done ?

I did suggest this:

maclatunji:

I agree with you 100%. I just got this idea, I call it the 1,000 '4' N1,000 (1k4N1K) campaign. It is a simple concept:  Can we get 1,000 Nairalanders to donate N1,000 at least for Perx's treatment? That will add-up to N1million. Those who want to donate multiples of N1,000 can always do so of course.

The idea here is that many people should be happy to donate to this cause as they are sharing a goal with about 999 other people. No insults, No I contributed more than you drama- It is the ultimate CONTRIBUCRACY.

I hand over this idea to TeHN for serious consideration. I suggest that another thread be created for this CONTRIBUCRACY idea with the same account details. It is just that we want to get a league of people to raise N1 million with this my humble idea.

[s]And if you are wondering if I will ever donate myself. I have contributed something little under a Pseudonym and hope to do more in the future,[/s] God-willing.

What is happening to this thread is that it is not attracting enough new people (those that haven't seen it before) to it anymore. Hence, why not start my idea in a new thread? I don't want to start the thread myself because I don't want breakdown in communication and misunderstandings. TeHN should take it up, put it on front page and I and others will support by promoting it. In addition, we need TeHN to work with other popular websites/blogs, Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija etc to get more awareness for Perx. If they want to contribute directly to Perx- no problem, if they want to go through TeHN- equally good. I think that since we are all involved, we can make a push to make this an unmitigated success with the grace of God.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 6:47pm On Feb 11, 2012
OAM4J:

It is not about TeHN and TeHN is not in competition. We are all working together for the befits of those in need of our help.

It is not about vainglory for TeHN committee. It is about putting smiles on the faces of those in need/pain.

The only way I am going to think it is about the bolded is if you keep being defensive when I/others make suggestions.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by perx(f): 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2012
Oh dear Lord! the woman opposite me, where you can see that oxygen thing, just died.
She was already here before I came here, they were giving her oxygen everyday and her daughter
was always by her side. Bless her and R.I.P.

Jeez. It is scary. God PLEASE help me
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by perx(f): 7:12pm On Feb 11, 2012
that's one of the nice nurses
see as them cage me like . . . I said I don't need it but they said it's because of the spasms
as if the spasm will make me fall off the bed so they have to use the iron ting to protect me.
Anyway they know best I guess

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by r231(m): 7:15pm On Feb 11, 2012
perx:

Oh dear Lord! the woman opposite me, where you can see that oxygen thing, just died.
She was already here before I came here, they were giving her oxygen everyday and her daughter

It is well. . . Almighty God is with you

We all praying for you

Thank you all for your support
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by OAM4J: 7:26pm On Feb 11, 2012
maclatunji:

The only way I am going to think it is about the bolded is if you keep being defensive when I/others make suggestions.

Defensive? Very funny! You have a way with wrong choice of words, 1st it was competition. Anyways, you are entitled to your thinking/opinion and interpretation of my comments.

But, in case you miss my point; all am saying is that TeHN has no problem with you or anyone doing anything different from what we are doing and TeHN will not see it as a competition.

So feel free to do all you have in mind, if you need TeHN support, am sure TeHN will give you. Like I said earlier, it is about putting smiles on the faces of those in need/pain.

@perx

Please keep faith. God will see you through.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by perx(f): 7:28pm On Feb 11, 2012
@r231 and OAM4J, thank you
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2012
maclatunji:

I did suggest this:

What is happening to this thread is that it is not attracting enough new people (those that haven't seen it before) to it anymore. Hence, why not start my idea in a new thread? I don't want to start the thread myself because I don't want breakdown in communication and misunderstandings. TeHN should take it up, put it on front page and I and others will support by promoting it. In addition, we need TeHN to work with other popular websites/blogs, Linda Ikeji, Bella Naija etc to get more awareness for Perx. If they want to contribute directly to Perx- no problem, if they want to go through TeHN- equally good. I think that since we are all involved, we can make a push to make this an unmitigated success with the grace of God.
Great idea.
Kindly start the thread and interlink both threads.

@Perx,no fears,It is well.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by yamakuza: 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2012
^ Does he need to start a new thread?

If he can lay down a proper plan this weekend, getting page 17 of this thread to the front page on monday shouldnt be a problem.

At this point, it would be helpful to know how many people share Maclatunji's views and aspirations.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 8:05pm On Feb 11, 2012
maclatunji:

Wow sum1 is giving attitude  shocked shocked.Tunji its strange how u spring up from nowhere to start passing all dis suggestions and comments,u haven't uttered anything here in a while its seems sum1 is acting up due to d emails doing its rounds rite? Yes Badosky na winch I sabi d quanta.

maclatunji:

I did suggest this:

Wow wow wow wowwww!!!! Tunji hear yourself "We need Tehn to work wiv oda sites" u have defo bin sent an errand.U are becoming to sound a bit authoritative for my liking,I aint calling you out but ur strange character is making me think odawise.

Dat said,Tunji how many viewers do u have so far on ur blog? Ur 1000 naira idea is not a bad idea but its easy said dan done.Its interesting how upbeat you are about campaigning, I won't go further on dat now sha.

P.S - I await d numbers to my ?

perx:

My yellow mango wassup na,Pls don't start getting scared oo haba! Remember prayers opens doors to his presence,believe in HIM and see how easily your fears get conquered.Recite dis every nite "I shall hear of evil but none sha befall me" Perx regenerate ur faith biko,u are going to pull tru notin dey happen na Pastor Evangelist Badosky dey give u sermon.*hugs and kisses*
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by yamakuza: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
^ ID, I think Mac needs all the encouragement he can get.

Or am I missing something?

Oya Mac, are you ready?
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2012
^Emmh Mr Oga I am not discouraging Tunji, am just a bit taken by all dis paparazzi Tunji sure nos worra I mean.

Anyways wetin Mac are u ready? undecided undecided

See dis people o,so na Tunji go authorise movements now abi? I tot we were a team working together SMH!!!!

Perx if I go a-wire here na bcus dem wan dey do anyhow ooooo angry angry angry
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by yamakuza: 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2012
^ Ok, no probs.

The thread is all yours!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2012
^Wot thread is all urs? Cant I say my bit ni? My vocals suddenly got you guys feeling dizzy rite! Abeg shift u tink say I send una mstewwwewww
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2012
Yes,Yamakuza he needs to start a new thread and interlink both threads cos according to him,this thread is not attracting new views.I dont know how he arrived that conclusion though.

No point sampling opinions,IMO.Way to go is to start the 1K campaign asap.People would respond as soon as thread is up and running.

@All our focus should be helping Perx,not who,when or where.Going back and forth won't help either.

Mac,put your idea in action asap,we'll be there to support.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 9:22pm On Feb 11, 2012
^Ify I haven't lost focus,its all starting to be a 2 man brigade IMO. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hmmmm u yes U!!!! Berra make sure dis idea is not a flop oo,I dey ya dey control my own campaign,worry not sha I will defo stop bye @ urs wiv my donations 2. tongue cool cool
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2012
Idowuogbo:

Wow sum1 is giving attitude  shocked shocked.Tunji its strange how u spring up from nowhere to start passing all dis suggestions and comments,u haven't uttered anything here in a while its seems sum1 is acting up due to d emails doing its rounds rite? Yes Badosky na winch I sabi d quanta.
Wow wow wow wowwww!!!! Tunji hear yourself "We need Tehn to work wiv oda sites" u have defo bin sent an errand.U are becoming to sound a bit authoritative for my liking,I aint calling you out but ur strange character is making me think odawise.

Dat said,Tunji how many viewers do u have so far on ur blog? Ur 1000 naira idea is not a bad idea but its easy said dan done.Its interesting how upbeat you are about campaigning, I won't go further on dat now sha.

P.S - I await d numbers to my ?
My yellow mango wassup na,Pls don't start getting scared oo haba! Remember prayers opens doors to his presence,believe in HIM and see how easily your fears get conquered.Recite dis every nite "I shall hear of evil but none sha befall me" Perx regenerate ur faith biko,u are going to pull tru notin dey happen na Pastor Evangelist Badosky dey give u sermon.*hugs and kisses*

Badosky, I am not acting on any e-mail. Like I said earlier, I stayed away from commenting/advising/suggesting or even actively campaigning on Perx's behalf because I wanted TeHN to take a lead role, which they have. You have to understand that the whole helping Perx concept has changed as she is now in hospital, it is no longer where is she going for treatment we are concerned about but how much does she have to pay for her hospital bills? When I say 'we', I mean everybody who has contributed in any form to Perx's cause- that includes you. If you interpret 'we' in any other way, who are the 'others' I am speaking for?

Secondly, you yourself said you expected me to know more about Perx when I asked the question: what are you doing in hospital? Now, that I am getting more involved you are wondering: why am I getting so involved? Help me understand you here- maybe we should talk privately?

My blog is not so great with numbers. If you want to see its figures, visit it- the numbers are there.

@Ifyalways, you want to know how I came about the hypothesis of this thread not getting enough new readers- it is simple: Let us check the number of people that have asked for TeHN's account number in the last 3-4 days. Compare that to the first 10 pages of this thread. The answer should give us a clue.

@OAM4J, telling me at every opportunity what TeHN is/ is not about is really getting boring. Let us focus on the case at hand.

@All, I am trying to help. If my getting involved is going to lead to arguments, I will withdraw and be invisible like Badosky noticed I was before.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 7:12am On Feb 12, 2012
Mac,you are the one getting into the so-called "arguments" by yourself.
You have a great idea,i think almost everyone has supported.Lets do it now.
Kick start the campaign,if it would help/be most favorable,open a new thread and interlock oth.I have said this a zillion times already.

I have also said that going back and forth won't help,the most important person here is "Perx" and if anyone of us actually want to help,s/he would do away with "I,myself or we".

Mac,your idea is fantasctic,put it into action.

@All,your support still needed.God's blessing as you give.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 9:38am On Feb 12, 2012
maclatunji:

@All, I am trying to help. If my getting involved is going to lead to arguments, I will withdraw and be invisible like Badosky noticed I was before.

Mr man quit all dis shakara and put ur suggestions into gear.No1 said you shouldn't help,stop bickering about dis dat I know wot am talking about.Anyways take no notice of moi its all about "Yellow mango" fire ON!!! cool cool
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 10:03am On Feb 12, 2012
^Ladies, I will do it just give me sometime. Workload is heavy. grin
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2012
^If you think it is me, you are totally wrong. I have no reason to lie about this. It wasn't ME!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by MissyB3(f): 3:54pm On Feb 12, 2012
maclatunji:

^If you think it is me, you are totally wrong. I have no reason to lie about this. It wasn't ME!
I have no idea who the person is, even though I think the person sounds like Idowogbo.
But, my message is for whoever it is.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 3:58pm On Feb 12, 2012
Missy_B:

I have no idea who the person is, even though I think the person sounds like Idowogbo.
But, my message is for whoever it is.
I knew you wud call up my name, dont get me started am ignoring you on purpose.

I wont warn you again.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by MissyB3(f): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2012
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2012
Missy_B:

Clown cheesy
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 6:06am On Feb 13, 2012
It(the iron thing) is called bed rails perx, do they have any cushion covers for it? It is very risky leaving it like that though, there is always a cover used to cover the iron areas so if anything happens the patients hit the cushion not the iron bar.

Idowuogbo
I think you should give Mac a break, the way you jump at his posts makes me wonder if you two have a past together. You jump at his post and make a mountain out of a mole hill and at the end of the day, you write so much but ate end of the day, I still canno make out a iota of sense in your arguments, honestly I am not trying to be harsh here.

@ify
I get what Mac said about traffic, when this thread was first started, people flooded in and made comments, left replies e.t.c but now it is a bit slow(maybe not financially) but the crowd is not here.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 13, 2012
Excuse my errors, I am mobile

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (41) (Reply)

Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos) / Popular Brands From The Late 70's, 80's And Early 90's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.