Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx (79744 Views)

Next Time You Want To Insult Your Mom,she Went Through This For U (picture) / Man Went Naked Over Fuel Issue (picture) / Please Help Nairalander With Your Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by r231(m): 10:15am On Feb 09, 2012
to commence treatment/surgery
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 09, 2012
Have you's raised enough for surgery?

I think a lot of you need some serious communication Lessons, people gave their widows mite because they care and want to keep abreast with every move, you people just sit down and amongst yourselves, decide on what to do and keep it to yourselves without filling us in every step of the way?

What a disorganized organization
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 09, 2012
When were all of you going to tell us? After the surgery or treatment? Shame on all of you
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by jaybee3(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2012
jennykadry:

I think a lot of you need some serious communication Lessons, people gave their widows mite because they care and want to keep abreast with every move, you people just sit down and amongst yourselves, decide on what to do and keep it to yourselves without filling us in every step of the way?

jennykadry:

When were all of you going to tell us? After the surgery or treatment? Shame on all of you

Unfair criticism but welcomed all the same

Here are some of our past communications regarding the project

You will have to look back at OAM4J's post to get published Action Plan and payment acknowledgements

OAM4J:

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for your kind contributions to this project.

Please Find the attached:

1. The Recovery Action Plan for Perx
2. The Paypal Contribution till date
3. The Contributions in Nigeria as at of 12noon today with the expenditure on the project so far.

Please if you will not mind us putting your nairaland moniker on the contribution list please send us an email giving us the name used in making the payment, the amount paid and your nairaland moniker to nairalandcharity@gmail.com

We still have a long way to go, so we expect more contributions please.

Progress report published by R231 only last week
r231:

PERX PROJECT REPORT

JAN 11:
News of Perx reaches TeHN

JAN 24:
Ifyalways & Chelseabmw visit Perx in Edo state to verify, collect x-rays, doctor's report, etc and present her with a gift.

JAN 26:
Fundraising for Perx starts on Nairaland

JAN 30:
Ifyalways visits Orthopedist at Lagoon Hospital for Expert Advice & cost estimates.

FEB 01:
First disbursement made to Perx -

N25,000 (drugs, internet, upkeep)

N7,500 (fixing of extensions to wheelchair)

Feb 02:
Progress Report presented on Nairaland

We appreciate all the efforts and support given by Nlers wide and beyond to the getting perx better project.
We will always endeavour to communicate each and every time we have concrete Informations to update you guys.
We remain committed and thanks for your support once again
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 09, 2012
I asked a question? Have they RAISED ENOUGH FOR THE SURGERY"

Second off she was admitted into UBTH, when did she go to the hospital?yesterday? Did they rush her there or it was planned? If it was planned and not mentioned here then I have no business with you and your list. My post was to r231 and his other co workers.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2012
@perx

I wish you all the best, I pray by GOD's name that it's successful, congrats in advance. kiss
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 10:50am On Feb 09, 2012
Jenny,some things don't happen as/when planned when a humans life is involved.

We are sorry for not updating the thread,we accept full responsibility for that but some things came up,which we were sorting out underground.We couldn't have come out here to give 'incomplete updates'

Perx made the decision of going in for surgery herself,we got to know a tad too late,when she was already in the hospital.We were working on flying down a doctor to benin for a second opinion and observation but Perx was already in hospital so we had a brief communication break down in the last 3 days.All is well now.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 10:51am On Feb 09, 2012
Jenny abeg chill wassup wiv all dis knockouts,how are d company disorganized? undecided  undecided undecided

Perx already stated her ongoings here in d open na,was it Tehn dat mentioned "if dem agree I would be admitted" NO!!!! Perx stated dat so y rain so much negativity on d organisatiion, na wa oooooo.If am bin fair and plain Perx should tell us how she got admitted and if it was d charity money used to get d head start or family help.If una no no I dey follow her threads dieeeeeeee! So all dis zobo una dey drop no follow.

Tehn abi na una foot hospital bills ni? Am sure u guys won't liv us hanging if it had anything to do with u,cus I go provoke scatter dis place. angry angry angry angry

Oya perx I don't no about any1 else o, come and cough I gats to know how money for hospital came up,or are u in dere with d little ur family has helped u with and hoping God helps us channel d full amount? I await a reply take ur time dear am in no rush for response *hugs and kisses*

Ur hommie Badosky Bleep
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 09, 2012
Then he is included in the co workers. All of you. What kind of nonsense is this? Sending her to the hospital was definitely planned, her mode of transportation to the hospital was planned(I stand to be corrected) . I saw her post on one thread where she told someone she's in the hospital, I rushed down here for updates but got none.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by jaybee3(m): 10:54am On Feb 09, 2012
jennykadry:

I asked a question? Have they RAISED ENOUGH FOR THE SURGERY"
No we haven't and our fund raising efforts is still open until the stipulated date on our action plan

jennykadry:

Second off she was admitted into UBTH, when did she go to the hospital?yesterday? Did they rush her there or it was planned? If it was planned and not mentioned here then I have no business with you and your list. My post was to r231 and his other co workers.
She Informed us she went via the elective admission route 2 days ago.
Her visit to the hospital was on her own accord but the group is still exploring all options.

Lastly, i'm part of the committee hence the reason why i'm answering your questions.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 09, 2012
ID
when she said she was in the hospital, he first thing. Said to myself was, maybe her family members sent her there or something and so I asked r231, his response was clear to me that NLD was responsible for it and no one knew about it ,you all don't need to agree with me but right now I do not care. I am pissed cos I remember telling r231 once on this thread to be open to everyone and answer questions here instead of telling people to email the charity, what do they want to discuss off NLD that we shouldn't know about especially if it has to do with perx's case and now this?

SMH
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 09, 2012
jay bee:

No we haven't and our fund raising efforts is still open until the stipulated date on our action plan
She Informed us she went via the elective admission route 2 days ago.
Her visit to the hospital was on her own accord but the group is still exploring all options.

Lastly, i'm part of the committee hence the reason why i'm answering your questions.

You don't get it do you? It doesn't matter who sent her there, as long as it gets into your ears, every single one of us deserve to know all about it too. Yea, we will her about it in 1 week time.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 11:02am On Feb 09, 2012
Jenny,we did not send Perx to the hospital for surgery.Perx is an adult,dont forget.Our action plan,which was on the first page of this thread was :
To keep her online for 3 months.
Pay for her drugs and upkeep for 3 months.
Support her with funds for surgery(depending on how much we raised here)

And because of the high cost of going abroad for surgery,we started looking for surgeons here in Nigeria to atleast get a professional advice.We got 1,he would have been in Benin today but Perx went to the hospital,to her former doctor that referred her abroad(her own decision),4 days ago.

So now,Perx needs our prayers more than anything else.
NO,we have not raised enough funds for the surgery.
We would be publishing the new surgery costs and a spreadsheet of the funds we got.

Thank you
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 09, 2012
ifyalways:

Jenny,some things don't happen as/when planned when a humans life is involved.

We are sorry for not updating the thread,we accept full responsibility for that but some things came up,which we were sorting out underground.We couldn't have come out here to give 'incomplete updates'

Perx made the decision of going in for surgery herself,we got to know a tad too late,when she was already in the hospital.We were working on flying down a doctor to benin for a second opinion and observation but Perx was already in hospital so we had a brief communication break down in the last 3 days.All is well now.

Ify you are a nurse right? Let me tell you something that there is nothing like underground when it has to do with someones health. Even when a treatment plan is being worked on,everyone is filled in on what's going on but with a line like " we are thinking of going down this route but we are still working on it and if the plan changes, we will let you know but for now this is what we've got"

I wish perx well anywayz, all the best to her
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 09, 2012
ifyalways:

Jenny,we did not send Perx to the hospital for surgery.Perx is an adult,dont forget.Our action plan,which was on the first page of this thread was :

And because of the high cost of going abroad for surgery,we started looking for surgeons here in Nigeria to atleast get a professional advice.We got 1,he would have been in Benin today but Perx went to the hospital,to her former doctor that referred her abroad(her own decision),4 days ago.

We would be publishing the new surgery costs and a spreadsheet of the funds we got.

Thank you

Ok but you knew she was in the hospital eh kwa? But was working underground and after underground, nlders will know about it after 1yr. Oh, there was a plan for a fly in doctor? You see why I said communication is a problem here?
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 09, 2012
If you all need people to help finance perx's surgery, then you all better keep people informed every step of the way, cos this, is it not working for someone like me
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2012
Jenny,fly in as in from Lagos to Benin not abroad.lol
Things were kept in the pipeline till we are sure and confirmed.
The doctor was consulting free,so we could not dictate pace of things.

Would update the new surgery plan and costs now.

Once again,we accept full responsibility for the communication break down.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Idowuogbo(f): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2012
ifyalways:

Thank you

Ewoooooo Perx y noww?u enter base u no talk its unfair o.Its all good may d God u cry unto chanel u healing and quick recovery.We are even more determined now we no u are in hospital to fire campaign,by his grace Perx d money we are trying to raise go surplus shout Iseeeeeeee!!!!.I gat u in tots, worry about ur healing first u hia,if u get small energy biko reply TEHN dey are ur voice remember! Don't carry on to much dan u can handle,its only gona mess up communications.Tehn can do all dis "am in hospital" typo for u,abi TEHN I lie tell am una neva tire o. angry angry angry

It is well my yellow mango muahhhhhh!!!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by MissyB3(f): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2012
jennykadry:

If you all need people to help finance perx's surgery, then you all better keep people informed every step of the way, cos this, is it not working for someone like me
jennykadry:

Jenny's point is valid. I asked a simple question some time ago and the comments directed at me had an unpleasant tone to it - as if to say 'wetin concern you/why question us - save R231's.
Pele o!
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by jaybee3(m): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2012
jennykadry:

You don't get it do you? It doesn't matter who sent her there, as long as it gets into your ears, every single one of us deserve to know all about it too. Yea, we will her about it in 1 week time.
I do get it. We slacked a bit on the communication side due to reasons explained by IFY and we can only apologise for that.

Please accept our apology.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by ifyalways(f): 11:28am On Feb 09, 2012
New surgery plans and cost Quotes as provided by UBTH:

1.Total hip replacement:500,000 NGN.
2 wks stay in hospital+drugs+tests:20,000 NGN
Shoulder crutches:5,000 NGN

Total:525,000 NGN
Private room per day:5,000 to 7,000 NGN

2.Surgery for right femur:200,000 NGN
2 wks stay in hospital+drugs+tests:20,000 NGN

Total:220,000 NGN
Private room:same as 1

By Gods grace and mercies,the first surgery should heal averagely after 1 month so she can commence with the second one. . .if we have funds ready too.

Our accountants would update asap on our current financial status.

@Perx,Gods grace and mercies as you go for surgery.We are all praying for you.It is well.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 09, 2012
ifyalways:

Jenny,fly in as in from Lagos to Benin not abroad.lol
Things were kept in the pipeline till we are sure and confirmed.
The doctor was consulting free,so we could not dictate pace of things.

Would update the new surgery plan and costs now.

Once again,we accept full responsibility for the communication break down.

We have fly in dr's here, fly from state to state or city to city. We call them fly in DR's.

I don hear at least you accept some responsibility. Ohers were just acting like say they have done no wrong
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 09, 2012
*they did no wrong*
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 11:30am On Feb 09, 2012
Inasmuch as I recognise that this charity effort is not anybody's full time job, I would suggest that you formalize a lot of your operations. Let someone be responsible for external communications, let someone be in charge of donations, let someone be responsible for records and so on.

You have good intentions but you need to create a structure. Good public relations is also important, I don't envy you with the workload you have undertaken, I hope and pray that this turns out to be a success not just for Perx but for the tens and hundreds that this initiative can help in the future.

I am a little bit dizzy from the amount of things I have had to read this morning alone, so I want you to know that your efforts are appreciated.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:33am On Feb 09, 2012
jay bee:

I do get it. We slacked a bit on the communication side due to reasons explained by IFY and we can only apologise for that.

Please accept our apology.

I honestly do not need it from you, when I posted on this thread you called my post unfair criticism and posted a list of things there and even told me to go back and read oam4j's post, making it look like I jumped into un necessary conclusion. Ify was the only one that apologized to people on this thread and agreed to the lack of communication.

So why are you apologizing now after ify? oh, your eyes opened and you finally saw the light. A beg keep your apologies make I see road
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 09, 2012
Missy_B:

Jenny's point is valid. I asked a simple question some time ago and the comments directed at me had an unpleasant tone to it - as if to say 'wetin concern you/why question us - save R231's.
Pele o!

Thank you, now I know I am not crazy grin .your own na comments only? I as told to go back a million pages and re read someone's post that was already copied and pasted on tHe same response to me cheesy
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by jaybee3(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2012
jennykadry:

I honestly do not need it from you, when I posted on this thread you called my post unfair criticism and posted a list of things there and even told me to go back and read oam4j's post, making it look like I jumped into un necessary conclusion. Ify was the only one that apologized to people on this thread and agreed to the lack of communication.

So why are you apologizing now after ify? oh, your eyes opened and you finally saw the light. A beg keep your apologies make I see road
Not a problem.
At least Ify has now explained proceedings a little more clearly.
It's all coolio
Enjoy
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by OAM4J: 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2012
Our sincere Apology for the breakdown in communication. We will surely rectify things.

But let me also state that we had no intention of withholding any information from you, we only needed to be sure of things before we communicate them to you so we don't sound like confused people

We were planning to fly a doctor (who has been consulting with Perx for some time now free of charge) to Perx today to have a 2nd opinion on her case, but while we were working and finalizing this plan expecting to get perx approval that didn't come on time, we put a call to Perx and was surprised to be told that she had been admitted at UBTH and for some personal reasons she didn't want to tell many people.  This was only yesterday.

Now hearing that, you will appreciate why we didn't rush down here to update you. We needed Perx permission to inform you of the new development, so we wrote her to inform her of our need/plan to update you. She gave us the go ahead and at the same time came ahead of us to update the thread that she has been admitted at UBTH.

Nonetheless, we will strife to improve our communications with you.

Please find the attached:

1. The Paypal Contribution till date
2. The Contributions in Nigeria as at of 12noon today with the expenditure on the project so far.

Thank you all for your contributions. Please keep it coming and we also seek you pray along with Perx.

Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 4:26pm On Feb 09, 2012
^Much better. I suggest that TeHN finds a way to form a better relationship with Perx and her family because she obviously did not drive herself to the hospital. You can save a lot of man-hours and energy if you support whatever Perx and her family decide is the best treatment for her.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by OAM4J: 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
^
Thank you. For the record, we have never objected any of her plan or effort. We are in full support of whatever she and her family want and we allow them to make all the decisions. Even when we made suggestions, we always seek her approval before working on it. Our effort to involve a generous consultant from the reputable Lagoon Hospital is purely to have a second opinion and seek some answers to some questions she and her present doctor do not have - i.e the root cause of her problem.

Just that for her personal reasons which we understand and respect, she wouldn't want some details out to the public, even to some members of her family. This is why we have to be careful with what information we give out so we don't go against her wishes.
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by biolabee(m): 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2012
now it makes sense i.e. the radio silence
jenny you make a valid point and i think the group shd take this fdback on board to restructure their operations
perx coded this to ensure the winches are not in the know, if u know what i mean, this is africa

Seriously though
from the estimate she needs approx 700k for the surgeries and about 200k for miscelleneous expenses (feeding, accomodation etc)

Total net amount rcvd so far is 121 + 183k (729 GBP @ 250 say) = 304k.
This leaves a shortfall of about 596k.

So R231, based on your latest discussion with perx what are her plans to meet this shortfall i.e. what can be gotten from family etc.
This now gives you(the group) and us what we still need to do as donations are seeming to be tapering off

@Perx dear I dont know you but I wish I did
I wish you all the best in your surgery. I will be praying for you
Re: Please Help Nairalander Perx - And She Went Home: RIP Perx by maclatunji: 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2012
@OAM4J, I understand and appreciate your efforts individually and collectively. However, whatever transpired with the good doctor from Lagoon Hospital is now secondary. She is in hospital receiving some form of treatment, I think we her helpers/ supporters or whatever name we choose to bear should use this as our new starting point in this project. We should find out what she is having treatment for and how much it costs. Then we can decide how we want to help her from there.

I suggest little steps at a time.

TeHN has so far helped to confirm that:

1. Perx's case is real.

2. Provided a platform and channel for people to contribute to her case.

3. Provided some material aid.

We can all help to make better progress from here on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (41) (Reply)

Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / Massive Python Swallows Big Goat (Photos) / The True Story Of The Boy Buried Alive Inside Brick Walls Of Old House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.