Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. (5337 Views)

The Importance And Blessings Of Gratitude In Islam / The Hypocrisy Of Dr Ahmed Datti, Presedent Of Suprime Coucil Of Sharia In Nigeri / Evil Effect Of Sharia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 2:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
Brethens dont wait till you get blinded by the light of truth just like paul before you see it. Open your mind and let God into your hearts
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by LagosShia: 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2012
Bulldog:

Brethens dont wait till you get blinded by the light of truth just like paul before you see it. Open your mind and let God into your hearts

According to him personally,was Paul inspired or not inspired?

Yes He Was:
2 Timothy 3:16
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

No! He Was Not:
1 Corinthians 7:12
"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away".

Romans 3:7
“But if the truth of God through my lie abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?”

Philippians 1:18
“But what does it matter? Nothing matters except that, in one way or another, people are told the message about Christ, whether with honest or dishonest motives, and I’m happy about that. Yes, I will continue to be happy.”

2Corinthians 12:16
“But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.“
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by LagosShia: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
Bulldog:

Paul,is undoubtedly the "father of christianity".he is the author of most books of the christian new testament.yet he contradicts Jesus and he also contradicts the old testament.not only that,the supposition that Paul was "inspired" is the probelm of the story.christians accept Paul as a true apostle and someone "inspired" contributing to their "word of God".yet,the accounts they use to justify their belief in Paul were authored by Paul and they are three contradictory accounts:

Acts 9:7
"And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man".

Acts 22:9
"And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me".

Acts 26:14
"And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks".

so which are we to believe:

1.) hearing a voice but seeing no man
2.) seeing the light but not hearing
3.) Paul heard the voice
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by LagosShia: 3:08pm On Jan 29, 2012
Pious Fraud: Adhoc Bible forgery - Paul v.s. Deuteronomy

When reading the new testament, it cannot be avoided but to notice the way its authors used the Jewish Bible in order to support their beliefs and teachings. New testament authors have force fit this books in ways that seem to reflect a deliberately dishonest use of it.

Interesting example of such Ad-hoc misquotation is made by Paul to support his doctrine:

Romans 10:4-11
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who has faith.For Moses says that the man who does the righteousness which is of the law will get life by it.
But the righteousness which is of faith says these words, Say not in your heart, Who will go up to heaven? (that is, to make Christ come downsmiley
Or, Who will go down into the deep? (that is, to make Christ come again from the deadsmiley But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart: that is, the word of faith of which we are the preachers:
Because, if you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and have faith in your heart that God has made him come back from the dead, you will have salvation:
For with the heart man has faith to get righteousness, and with the mouth he says that Jesus is Lord to get salvation.Because it is said in the holy Writings, Whoever has faith in him will not be shamed.

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
If you give ear to the voice of the Lord your God, keeping his orders and his laws which are recorded in this book of the law, and turning to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
For these orders which I have given you today are not strange and secret, and are not far away.
They are not in heaven, for you to say, Who will go up to heaven for us and give us knowledge of them so that we may do them?
And they are not across the sea, for you to say, Who will go over the sea for us and give us news of them so that we may do them?
But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, so that you may do it.

Paul the ex-Pharisee, who became a proponent of the salvation by faith doctrine, clearly says that faith in Christ is the end of the law for righteousness. To support his teaching, he offers a quote from the book of Deuteronomy.

Reading Deuteronomy in context (the same context that Christian complain that septics does not read) it becomes revealing what the misquoted passage really was about.
In Deuteronomy, the word which is near, in the mouth and heart, is the word of the law given by God of Israel. This law is written in the book of law, the Torah, the Jewish Bible.

The really interesting part about this passage in Deuteronomy is the part that Paul omitted intentionally, because it did not fit his doctrine.

Comparing the misquotation of Paul with the real passage, it all becomes obvious:

Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, so that you may do it.

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart: that is, the word of faith of which we are the preachers:

that Deuteronomy 30:14 says that the word which is near in the mouth and hearth is, i.e., the Law, the Torah which was given through Moses; that's the context in which this verse is written. This verse states, as quoted: "the word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, SO THAT YOU MAY DO IT.

If Paul would had quoted this verse the way it was originally written, it would have destroyed his teaching that salvation was not by works, because Moses insisted on obedience to the Law as a means of salvation, contrary to Paul's teaching which stresses faith in his gospel, faith in Jesus and what he had done, was the means of salvation. No one can actually claim that Paul did not know, therefore the passage seems misquoted. This is so, because as mentioned before, he was supposedly ex- Pharisee, the keeper of the law.

If the context of Deuteronomy 30 remains unverified, especially the quoted verse, the Torah seems to back up Paul's words and state that faith in Paul's gospel is the way to salvation. But this is far from what this passage does. In fact, it explicitly contradicts Paul's teaching.

This is a clear showcase of Paul's dishonest use of Jewish Bible

http://pious-fraud..com/2011/07/adhoc-bible-extraordinary-twisting-paul_15.html
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hehehe, Quite typical of islam. That's not the point. You jumping on paul and leaving out my meaning on being blinded by the truth before accepting it is very funny but i'll take my time to explain all cos it's the only way you'll see the truth but it's left only for you alone to remove the web of islam in your eyes and see the truth, i cant do that for you but showing it to you i must cos it's a duty to all christians to make sure no one goes to hell by ignorance but choice . In the next few post, i'll be obliged to do just that so i'll take the quotes one by one and tell you what it actually meant:-) stay tuned cos you have the zeal of saul and maybe, just maybe you'll let the paul in you shine through,
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Sweetnecta: 4:01pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Bulldog: « #94 on: Today at 10:49:48 AM »
[Quote]Sweetnecta, look at my original post. It ain't condemning you but but rather is against what you take as faith which is evil and that i believe made you to condemn me even my parents you dont even know. islam can make you do evil and contradict yourself.[/Quote]If you spoke to Florence, she will tell you she does not see a run of the mill nigerian in me. I told you that it is Islam that made me a better person, a work in good progress, abandoning anything that is bad in me, for the sake of Allah. Allah is the One Who commanded Islam on me so that He may look into my worship. You complain that i criticized you and your parents, but you forgot that I am 1 of 1.5 Billion people around the world who are muslims. Yet you criticize this very religion where today you have people who could easily be parents of your parent in this religion. You are not ashamed or contrived at your words, but you want me to respect you, when I am sure that I could easily have you as a son. Should I not educate you or do you forget that it takes a village to raise a child and many villages to stare the foo.lish child away from dangerous destination?

[Quote]you have igbo, hausa, fulni,,  Yet you'll laugh at your inlaws when a relative of his living in the north get's killed. Only a muslim has such capability. Lol. A[b] true islam[/b] and a patriot you are. with such hatred against your fellow human and humanity.[/Quote] Are you representing what is good in Igbo people? No you are not. Not what I know about Igbo people. I laff at you because you are vile and shameless person. Igbos are unlike you. I know igbo enough. I love them enough that i can safely say that you are a bent rib among them. And i do not ave fulani or hausa in my family. And how is your classifying "Only a muslim has such capacity" is excusable? Are you not just as bad as boko haram and their supporters in meanness and never see good in what is different from Them?  I am not a true Islam because Islam is the religion.

[Quote]will you travel to your inlaw and get him killed when he tells you the truth or maybe when he is in pain? Hehehe.[/Quote]You are my in law? dont deceive yourself. evil person will never be part of the people I will accept as my in law. Abeg dress [move].

[Quote] See what islam did to your mind.[/Quote]It is islam that makes me a better person.

[Quote] Emulate your christian friend florence.[/Quote]Islam made me better enough that this first class nigerian counts me as one of her confidants. Knowing that I will always protect her and will never violate her trust.

[Quote] :-D. And by the way you didn't in anyway cancel the gang violation of the reporter by islam faithfuls and leaders cos it's what your koran stipulates once the victim isn't an islam faithful. Q.9: 29
Fight those who believe not in
Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold
that forbidden which hath been
forbidden by Allah and His
Messenger, nor acknowledge the
religion of Truth, (even if they
are) of the People of the Book,
until they pay the Jizya with
willing submission, and feel
themselves subdued. [/Quote]Show me gang ra.pe or even ra.pe permissibility in Q 9/29, otherwise you are shameless.
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

Yes He Was:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

No! He Was Not:
1 Corinthians 7:12
"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away".

it's a good thing you've established the fact that he is cos that lessens my job. Lol.
"But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away" this is a nice quotation paul uses in his intelligence being a well educated scholar to prove just what i've been telling you time without number that there is a difference between the the laws of moses and the commandment of God almighty that is unchanged to this day. Prophets are men like you and me and i'm a prophet of God if you haven't noticed lol. I may speak the word of the almighty when he tells me but of course i can speak as a man i am. not when i tell you for instance "excuse me i need to poo", you'll say it's God speaking. That's totally ridiculous Lol. This is a matter of intelligence and if a dumb person(as you said) like me gets the meaning and you in your acclaimed intelligence doesn't. Dont you think some forces are beclouding your judgement? That said, let's go into the meaning(more important). He said that even if a christian marries a non christian, he shouldn't send her away nor kill her like your koran stipulates and as mohammed condoned. It's paul speaking quite alright but Yet, the inspiration from the holy spirit still flows out his lips. Lol. God is simply great. lets move to the next.:-D,
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Sweetnecta: 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
@Bulldog: « #95 on: Today at 11:22:22 AM »
[Quote]Yeah, if that's how your beclouded mind let you understand it, i can break it down at your level:-D He grows up so? What about gods like allah that grows down? From supporting adultery centuries ago to supporting gang violation of women now. And as tomorrow comes, i wonder what your allah will start supporting? Maybe he'll run outta sins and start inventing new sins cos as of now, all known sins are included in his inventory of good deeds, from adultery, Fornication, stealing, murder, suicide, genocide, torture, racism etc. All wise allah basking in the darkness of his laws. Some life! Something naijababe said got my attention
[66:6] O you who believe, protect yourselves and your families from the Hellfire whose fuel is people and rocks. Guarding it are stern and powerful angels who never disobey GOD; they do whatever they are commanded to do.

Being the controller of hell, i'm wondering who really is allah? Lol[/Quote]God in that verse is Allah, The Speaker. Now, is the first bold not exactly talking to the 3rd bold in how the writer of 1st and 3rd bold[s] understand the QUran quoted? Is Allah the "guarding" of hell or the stern and powerful angels who never disobey God? Is man not fuel of hell from this verse just as stones are from the verse?
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2012
@sweetnectar, commenting on your posts is like going back in time read my previous posts cos if i create a post from them it still remains a valid answer to your post. and you calling me names insulting even my parent(you dont know) and categorising them into your brand of "bad igbo" justifies your personality as being corrupted by islam though you claim islam taught you good things like not eating pork. Lwkmd.  you wouldn't have remorse travelling all the way from usa to nigeria just to kill(typical of islam)  and not even knowing whether your claimed inlaws is my relative shows your reasoning is quite impaired by islam. Once again this your friend, a first class nigerian as you said is a christian and an igbo, does such coincidence come easily given that you called ndiigbo something that can be likened to evil just before realising it's just me. Answer these questions truthfully within yourself and if any strand of honesty is in you, you'll know what the problem is, 1)is the reporter violated a good act?
2)why was she violated?
3)is the reason related to teachings in the koran.
4)if not, why did the islamic authority in egypt didn't make arrests and no one was brought to book after a year now  although the act took a long time for security to have arrived and take action?
5)why was the islamic community silent for long until people started raining hell on them?
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 5:19pm On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

Yes He Was:

No! He Was Not:

Romans 3:7
“But if the truth of God through my lie abounded unto his glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?”

you obviously and i believe intentionally left the begining. Paul wasn't speaking of him self but of people that think that the end justifies the means that doesnt mean he's calling himself a lier. Here's the real quote so cross check you reference with a bible or use the net (if you dont feel comfortable handling one and not from where you copy quotes). "Someone might argue, "If my falsehood enhances God's truthfulness and so increases his glory, why am I still condemned as a sinner? "" (Romans 3:7).
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Sweetnecta: 5:31pm On Jan 29, 2012
^^^^^^^^^ People are violated all the time. Since there is no verse in Quran that accepts rap.e as a normal situation, I wonder if you will not chalk that up to bad people doing evil in spite of them claiming to be muslims?

No woman or man have seen my area of privacy; from my belly button to my knee in over 2 or 3 decades. Everyone on earth knows that rap.e is bad and evil. Islam goes against it. I never paid attention to Nigerian politics, why do you think i wil pay attention to the politics in Egypt? What happens in Egypt is the problems of Egyptians, while that in Nigeria is that of Nigerians.

If i had insult your parents, which i didnt do, it would have been of less evil than your insulting 1.5 billion people in one single shot. I know that your responding to me is like going back in time; but is better for you to go back in time to correct yourself.

if you are the future of Nigeria, people like me need to call you back to what is reasonable. Otherwise, nigeria will collapse on your watch.
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 5:38pm On Jan 29, 2012
Sweetnecta:

@Bulldog: « #95 on: Today at 11:22:22 AM »God in that verse is Allah, The Speaker. Now, is the first bold not exactly talking to the 3rd bold in how the writer of 1st and 3rd bold[s] understand the QUran quoted? Is Allah the "guarding" of hell or the stern and powerful angels who never disobey God? Is man not fuel of hell from this verse just as stones are from the verse?
islam is islam. if you know what context meaning meant  you shouldn't have extracted words i used in a sentence and use it in another sentence with quite different context.(if you really know what is context meanings) makes me to wonder if you are really in the US cos kids there knows. Lol. But for your own sake. I'll quote again. [66:6] O you who believe,
protect yourselves and your
families from the Hellfire whose
fuel is people and rocks.
Guarding it are stern and
powerful angels who never
disobey GOD; they do whatever
they are commanded to do.
my "beclouded" mind tells me that since he is incharge of  hell, that makes him lucifer the prince of evil. And the warning above will be his defence that he warned muslims in the day of judgement. So what does your clear mind have to say? Lol
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 6:04pm On Jan 29, 2012
@necta, do you know your problem? You cant seperate yourself as a human from your belief islam, i haven't insulted your person for once here. And you denying insulting my parents is quite funny cos it's not even too far below in the comments so why lying? That i insult billions of people as you claim is quite funny, why? I condemn islam and you mistook it for people, are you islam? Egyptian politics is no concern of yours and that's pretty obvious and i keep wondering if their politics ain't your problem why are you here? because you saw sharia and islam as the topic of my posts and came in with your sword and explosives while you ain't even bothered by the plight of your fellow humans?, egyptian politics matters to me because those persecuted in egypt are humans and since am human too, their plight concerns me like that of nigerians. you saying that nigerian politics is no concern of yours either (although you are a nigerian) because you are in the usa makes you a mighty patriot, once again learn from florence. moreover, for your information i'm not the future of nigeria cos that is left for God alone to decide but as for speaking out against evil, count me in. Yeah of course i do recognize an evil act cos some humans are evil but when an evil happens in the auspices of people and because of the religious motive and implication they didn't cancel the act but rather conceals it, it's more of a conspiracy.
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 6:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

Yes He Was:

No! He Was Not:

Philippians 1:18
“But what does it matter? Nothing matters except that, in one way or another, people are told the message about Christ, whether with honest or dishonest motives, and I’m happy about that. Yes, I will continue to be happy.”

2Corinthians 12:16
“But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.“

for the one of philippians, i'm sorry i see not how it relates to your inspiration arguement but i'll explain that too. Paul wrote from prison and he was saying That some preach the gospel because it's true while some do so just to aggravate his captors and make them suffer him more. He finally concluded the quote by saying that no matter the objective of the preachers be it good or evil, the word of God is being propagated and he is happy for that even in his agony. See the quotes: "It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel." (Philippians 1:15-16). "The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains." (Philippians 1:17)."But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice," (Philippians 1:18)."for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance." (Philippians 1:19).. In the  2corinthians quotation, the church in corinthians accused paul of being tricky and cunning because as we all know he was once a jew killing christians. And he is petitioning them by asking if he caught them through tricks as they claim, has he ever sent anyone to exploit them? If you begin in the begining of the book, you'll understand it more. It's a letter to the church in corinth. See the quotations: "So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well. If I love you more, will you love me less?" (2 Corinthians 12:15). "Be that as it may, I have not been a burden to you. Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery! Did I exploit you through any of the men I sent you?" (2 Corinthians 12:16-17). As you can see, he is neither calling himself a fraudster. Read well before criticising but i'm still glad it came up
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

Paul,is undoubtedly the "father of christianity".he is the author of most books of the christian new testament.yet he contradicts Jesus and he also contradicts the old testament.not only that,the supposition that Paul was "inspired" is the probelm of the story.christians accept Paul as a true apostle and someone "inspired" contributing to their "word of God".yet,the accounts they use to justify their belief in Paul were authored by Paul and they are three contradictory accounts:

Acts 9:7
"And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man".

Acts 22:9
"And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me".

Acts 26:14
"And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks".

so which are we to believe:

1.) hearing a voice but seeing no man
2.) seeing the light but not hearing
3.) Paul heard the voice
just to correct a point, Paul wasn't the father of christianity but jesus christ was. But paul was one among the greatest apostles that propagated God's words and christianity to the world. your third quotation was irrelevant cos really, paul was blinded by the light and he heard the voice too(and understood it) that's why he reported the voice said "saul, saul why are you persecuting me, " In the original
Greek, however,
there is no real
contradiction
between these two
statements. Greek
makes a distinction
between hearing a
sound as a noise
(in which case the
verb "to hear"
takes the genitive
case) and hearing a
voice as a thought-
conveying
message (in which
case it takes the
accusative).
Therefore, as we
put the two
statements
together, we find
that Paul's
companions heard
the Voice as a
sound (somewhat
like the crowd who
heard the sound of
the Father talking
to the Son in John
12:28, but
perceived it only as
thunder); but they
did not (like Paul)
hear the message
that it articulated.
Paul alone heard it
inteligibly (Acts 9:4
says Paul ekousen
phonen--
accusative case);
though he, of
course, perceived it
also as a startling
sound at first (Acts
22:7: "I fell to the
ground and heard
a voice [ekousa
phones] saying to
me," NASB). But in
neither account is
it stated that his
companions ever
heard that Voice in
the accusative
case.
. In summary they heard the voice but didn't understand it, only paul did.
Re: Sodomy And Gang violation: Islam's Legacy With The Blessings Of Sharia. by Bulldog(m): 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2012
LagosShia:

Pious Fraud: Adhoc Bible forgery - Paul v.s. Deuteronomy

When reading the new testament, it cannot be avoided but to notice the way its authors used the Jewish Bible in order to support their beliefs and teachings. New testament authors have force fit this books in ways that seem to reflect a deliberately dishonest use of it.

Interesting example of such Ad-hoc misquotation is made by Paul to support his doctrine:

Romans 10:4-11
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who has faith.For Moses says that the man who does the righteousness which is of the law will get life by it.
But the righteousness which is of faith says these words, Say not in your heart, Who will go up to heaven? (that is, to make Christ come downsmiley
Or, Who will go down into the deep? (that is, to make Christ come again from the deadsmiley But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart: that is, the word of faith of which we are the preachers:
Because, if you say with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and have faith in your heart that God has made him come back from the dead, you will have salvation:
For with the heart man has faith to get righteousness, and with the mouth he says that Jesus is Lord to get salvation.Because it is said in the holy Writings, Whoever has faith in him will not be shamed.

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
If you give ear to the voice of the Lord your God, keeping his orders and his laws which are recorded in this book of the law, and turning to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
For these orders which I have given you today are not strange and secret, and are not far away.
They are not in heaven, for you to say, Who will go up to heaven for us and give us knowledge of them so that we may do them?
And they are not across the sea, for you to say, Who will go over the sea for us and give us news of them so that we may do them?
But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, so that you may do it.

Paul the ex-Pharisee, who became a proponent of the salvation by faith doctrine, clearly says that faith in Christ is the end of the law for righteousness. To support his teaching, he offers a quote from the book of Deuteronomy.

Reading Deuteronomy in context (the same context that Christian complain that septics does not read) it becomes revealing what the misquoted passage really was about.
In Deuteronomy, the word which is near, in the mouth and heart, is the word of the law given by God of Israel. This law is written in the book of law, the Torah, the Jewish Bible.

The really interesting part about this passage in Deuteronomy is the part that Paul omitted intentionally, because it did not fit his doctrine. 

Comparing the misquotation of Paul with the real passage, it all becomes obvious:

Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, so that you may do it.

Romans 10:8 But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart: that is, the word of faith of which we are the preachers:

that Deuteronomy 30:14 says that the word which is near in the mouth and hearth is, i.e., the Law, the Torah which was given through Moses; that's the context in which this verse is written. This verse states, as quoted: "the word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, SO THAT YOU MAY DO IT.

If Paul would had quoted this verse the way it was originally written, it would have destroyed his teaching that salvation was not by works, because Moses insisted on obedience to the Law as a means of salvation, contrary to Paul's teaching which stresses faith in his gospel, faith in Jesus and what he had done, was the means of salvation. No one can actually claim that Paul did not know, therefore the passage seems misquoted. This is so, because as mentioned before, he was supposedly ex- Pharisee, the keeper of the law.

If the context of Deuteronomy 30 remains unverified, especially the quoted verse, the Torah seems to back up Paul's words and state that faith in Paul's gospel is the way to salvation. But this is far from what this passage does. In fact, it explicitly contradicts Paul's teaching.

This is a clear showcase of Paul's dishonest use of Jewish Bible

http://pious-fraud..com/2011/07/adhoc-bible-extraordinary-twisting-paul_15.html
yeah yeah, it's not like they copied it cos it resides there in the old testament and i didn't read the whole thing but If i get your point it looks like you are implying misquotation. But dont you think that paul being jewish and a roman scholar thought he understood the meaning but after he was converted, he saw and understood the real meaning of the quotation and quoted it thus in the new testament. So friend, dont confuse yourself with quotations but rather read meaning into things and it's quite funny to say paul stole from the old testament. It is just like saying you stole money from your wallet. :-D.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obesity: Islamic (Shariah) remedy / What Can Be Done To Bring An End To Global Islamic Terrorism? / Al-isra And Al-miraj .......2 )scenes From Paradise And Fire(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.