Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,254 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked (6105 Views)

Supreme Court Of Nigeria Website Hacked!!! / Interswitch Website Hacked / Breaking: Nigeria’s Central Bank Website Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by DualCore1: 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2012
Slyr0x:

Lemme counter this. . .What will be the effect of GTB's online epayment system going offline for 24hrs?

Who go suffer? NLC boss?
The dogs deny you of your GF, mojo no dey? It'll only be until they're tired and they do tire out quick.

Its simple, if these dudes do not make targeted attacks at the individuals, the masses (who they supposedly fight for) suffer the most. What's the use of going to war to disable 20 of your own men and 1 enemy, all with one strike from you?
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by Slyr0x: 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2012
Mobinga:

So we're going to act like Slyrox doesn't control that twitter account.

5/6 yrs before now, Yes, I would have been a member!  wink. .But then my orientation had to change. . .I'm 101% ethical and asides running my "small" ethical hacking/penetration testing coy, I work for an International firm specialized in Information Security and Assurance.  smiley
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by Slyr0x: 5:00pm On Jan 27, 2012
Dual Core:

Who go suffer? NLC boss?

This is out-of-context bro. .I was talkin abt GTB and NOT NLC. .

The dogs deny you of your GF, mojo no dey? It'll only be until they're tired and they do tire out quick.

You'll only understand the effect of a DDOS if you work for the firm bn ddosed. . .GTB's datacentre had a fire incident during the strike and we know what most of us went through. .We could not do any online transaction for atleast a day. .Dyu know how much they lost? This is about the short-term impact on the coy!

Its simple, if these dudes do not make targeted attacks at the individuals, the masses (who they supposedly fight for) suffer the most. What's the use of going to war to disable 20 of your own men and 1 enemy, all with one strike from you?

Well, I'll agree with you here. .The same thing happening here can be likened to what happened during the #occupyNigeria protests/strike. . .People were made to stay at home/occupy the streets. . .To some (especially traders), it was an "unworthy cause" they were losing due to closure of the markets, etc. .To others, they were ready to stay ahome 'cos they felt it was for their own good!
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by prodam(m): 8:55pm On Jan 27, 2012
this is not ethical, cyber security operatives know this
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by Slyr0x: 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2012
prodam:

this is not ethical, cyber security operatives know this

Obviously. Ethical hacking means getting permission fom the website's owner before intrusion. .
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by Next2Bezee(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2012
[QUOTE]
I've always monitored their actions and I believe they are "nearing" that stage. . .Just to "test their cyber arms", they took down CBN's website cbn.gov.ng[/QUOTE]

I monitor them as well and i have to wonder if these guys actually live in Nigeria, no? Probably 9ja kiddies with a lil knowledge living abroad. Lets face it, these websites they attack have little to no security at all(Done sum Pentesting). Government doesn't value it, The public doesn't use it and the webmasters would just re-upload a backup without even addressing any security issue. Undecided
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by mxxpunkxx: 3:16am On Jan 28, 2012
My initial course of study for MSc was IT before I changed to International Finance n Banking. I bailed out cuz of Java and my oyinbo lecturer who asked me to choose a project that requires making a robot abi na robocop.

I was like which kain nonsense b dis so when I saw his line,I knew wikipedia is in to make some money from plagiarism.

Make he drop anoda rubbish and I go personally report am!
@dremoney
u effed up ohhhh, simple tin . . . go watch the movie Robocop, then play d video game again
u for get enough inspiration on how to build urs . . if u still don't get it, fastforward>>>>>> Terminator / iRobot will help grin grin grin grin
wanna hear a secret?
haha well, i bailed out of JAVA too, and am not even going back to it, at least not now.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by mxxpunkxx: 3:20am On Jan 28, 2012
Slyr0x:

Obviously. Ethical hacking means getting permission fom the website's owner before intrusion. .
. . . to help seal loopholes and undo any damage caused by a previous malicious break 'n' entry and/or that which can be caused by future malicious attacks
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by prodam(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2012
@mxxxpunkx and slyOX
u guys are right, but what I actually meant was:

An ethical hacker is a computer and network expert who attacks a security system on behalf of its owners, seeking vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could exploit. To test a security system, ethical hackers use the same methods as their less principled counterparts, but report problems instead of taking advantage of them

the "certified" hackers at naijacyberhactivist has only took advantage of the loopholes, I am very sure there will be among them those that have acquired the CEHv7 (certified ethical hacker v7),
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by Tinyemeka(m): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2012
Crap. I never even knew the NLC had a website. What do they use it for? When more than 80% of Nigeria's civil service workforce do not use the internet.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by shegz1(m): 10:48am On Jan 28, 2012
Kudos to the hacker, any way you will use what you have to save yourself.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by mxxpunkxx: 11:14am On Jan 28, 2012
prodam:

@mxxxpunkx and slyOX
u guys are right, but what I actually meant was:

An ethical hacker is a computer and network expert who attacks a security system on behalf of its owners, seeking vulnerabilities that a malicious hacker could exploit. To test a security system, ethical hackers use the same methods as their [size=14pt]less principled counterparts,[/size] but report problems instead of taking advantage of them

the "certified" hackers at naijacyberhactivist has only took advantage of the loopholes, I am very sure there will be among them those that have acquired the CEHv7 (certified ethical hacker v7),

are u saying am less-principled than Slyr0x (cos he's ethical n' am malicious)?
Always remember:
- all malicious hackers can work as ethical hackers; but not all ethical hackers are malicious
- what an ethical hacker can do; a malicious hacker go do better (u dont wanna go down there)
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by Mobinga: 11:43am On Jan 28, 2012
mxxpunkxx:

@dremoney
u effed up ohhhh, simple tin . . . go watch the movie Robocop, then play d video game again
u for get enough inspiration on how to build urs . . if u still don't get it, fastforward>>>>>> Terminator / iRobot will help grin grin grin grin
wanna hear a secret?
haha well, i bailed out of JAVA too, and am not even going back to it, at least not now.

cry cry

Why? Java is not difficult.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by mxxpunkxx: 5:11pm On Jan 28, 2012
Mobinga:

cry cry

Why? Java is not difficult.

Maybe yes, but when ur mind is not in tune with something, it appears extremely difficult.
You know how powerful d mind is . . . .
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by mxxpunkxx: 5:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
@ThatDave

commenting on this link

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/world-cup-ddos-blackmail-hacker-sentenced-jail-082409581.html

Why won't he be caught? No matter how professional u are, whenever greed starts to set it, it leads to disaster. I will ask u just 2 ques
1. If the hacker had just DDOSed their websites and maybe defaced them (hindering them from publishing the worldcup live matches) - do u think he would have being caught? Hell Noooooooooooooo
2. The report said he was blackmailing them . . perhaps threating to shut down their site in exchange for money. Now that;s a hungry hacker. A malicious hacker is not after your money, he's after your destruction/downfall. Considering the fact that almost $4million dollars was paid, how was the money recieved? Over the air? Wasn't it paid into a bank account? Which of course are traceable . . So that is how he was caught. Not because the ethical hacker did a good job, ethical my foot, but because he implicated himself with such ridiculous "ransom" fee.

Please get ur facts right before posting.
Re: Breaking: Nigeria Labour Congress Website Hacked by blackcypha(m): 12:41am On Feb 04, 2012
after that what next?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start A Whatsapp Tv And Make At Least N50, 000 Monthly / How Do You Pay For Domain Names? / Oracle Alerts Nigerians To More Cyber Security Breaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.