Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (45036 Views)

Is Marriage A Measure Of Success In Life? / Is Marriage An Achievement? / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by armyofone(m): 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
IRMO (In Reading Mode Only)
Grabbing my 2 slice of crayfish and ejadudu/norway Mackerel moin moin and enjoying the side show.

Saga, you really need good food. man wey chic give better food and chop belleful won't get mouth to talk.  cheesy
back to eating jare  tongue
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 6:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
hispinkolo:

To each his own,it's not worth it to some.To the others,they wouldn't have it any other way.For me,marriage is what you make it.If you go pick a girl that her convo is only about peruvian hair and gucci bags,what do you expect?You think that when she is ready to leave she will just go meekly without wanting to maintain the lifestyle?Every guy should be walking around with a gold digger or ho alert bracelet then.

Mate, let me correct you. It is not only this kind of women that will milk a man after divorce if he is wealthy. It is all kinds of women, even the good ones.

It is all psychological. As long as the law exists telling them being married to one is a significant contribution to the wealth the person makes, the more the person will convince themselves it is their entitlement.

It is akin to the problem of over-payment to IBers. The more they make the million dollar salary, the more they feel their work is worth the figure when it is pure market structural deficiencies that is making them rich enough to award themselves that. Whatever they do is inferior to the value of the work of a surgeon.

If governments continue to tell women they are entitled to half, majority will take what they can take (that they did not work for) under the law.

hispinkolo:

The good ones are plenty,unfortunately,they may not look as hot or as flashy as the leeches.

You are right there.

Normally the well-behaved, well-mannered Nigerian girls are not that great looking. The compensate for that short coming with great personality.

Most of the fine Nigerian girls are utter shyt heads, they are classless and not worthy. Rude and arrogant with disgusting personality. Only God knows how many fine Nigerian girls I have had to swiftly put in their place coldly.

So, all for the sake of marriage, a man should compromise what he wants and go with half bread?

Hell No! Take over the bakery.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
armyofone:

IRMO (In Reading Mode Only)
Grabbing my 2 slice of crayfish and ejadudu/norway Mackerel moin moin and enjoying the side show.

Saga, you really need good food. man wey chic give better food and chop belleful won't get mouth to talk.  cheesy
back to eating jare  tongue

See ya mouth.

You Sisis of the modern world, when I tell una make una go cook for me, you go say na my turn to cook and clean this week. Na 50-50 (except bills).

Yeye women. angry grin

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moHot(f): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ COOGAR,CHAIRCOVER,TENIBABY, etc, kiss kiss kiss

@moremi,hispinkolo,sagamite,adenegan cool cool cool cool

what is good for the goose may not always be good for the gander ,
please i would advise people not to bring God when issues like this are raised because it only increases the cc of the boiling blood,

just like someone has rightly said that marriage is what you make it, you may eat beans and have running stomach and i may eat it and grow taller, it still doen't mean beans is not good, sincerely i beleive marriage is not by force , if you see the sense in it GOODLUCK, if you see no reason for it YARADUA, i would definately not advise someone to engage in something they don't have a full understanding of,

Points raised by moremi and co. are solid which cannot be overlooked because they are dam.n so real.,

but as i said earlier , what is good for the goose may not always be good for the gander, lipsrsealed
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by tpia5: 7:25pm On Feb 01, 2012
I do see a trend of guys not wanting to get married

true.

their lifestyles presuppose marriage and also breeds a fear [and disregard] of women in them.

also, some are simply wary because of the marriages they've seen.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 7:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
All these sayings about not wanting a leech is just by the way.

This type of men with their ''thinking faculty'' are afraid of committment and do not want their balls/manhood to be questioned by a woman. Talk about Ego.

But they have forgotten that when they turn 50- 70, it is a woman that their best friend gave birth to, or their driver gave birth (since they are so rich) would slap that their tiny hairy balls around. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by tpia5: 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
shocked grin

well, they wont need women if they're gaay. . . . . . . . .
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chibaby5(f): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2012
@Topic

In summary of every point I want to make, A man cannot be fulfilled without a woman aside him. Therein lies ur answer Mr poster
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moHot(f): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
tpia@:

true.

their lifestyles presuppose marriage and also breeds a fear [and disregard] of women in them.

also, some are simply wary because of the marriages they've seen.

SAME COULD ALSO BE SAID OF SOME WOMEN, SO IT SWINGS BOTH WAY
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by tpia5: 7:44pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^not in the same ratio.

please dont derail the thread or make this about gender.

the op was clear enough with his question. Check the thread title again if you missed it before.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
tpia@:

shocked grin

well, they wont need women if they're gaay. . . . . . . . .

yeah, the younger men (with woman-like faces and qualities) would be punching their balls for them. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
chi-baby:

@Topic

In summary of every point I want to make, A man cannot be fulfilled without a woman aside him. Therein lies ur answer Mr poster

You mean women aside him?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2012
ronkebp:

All these sayings about not wanting a leech is just by the way.

This type of men with their ''thinking faculty'' are afraid of committment and do not want their balls/manhood to be questioned by a woman. Talk about Ego.

But they have forgotten that when they turn 50- 70, it is a woman that their best friend gave birth to, or their driver gave birth (since they are so rich) would slap that their tiny hairy balls around. smiley smiley smiley

I think a lot of ladies on here are confusing legitimate concerns about gold diggers and about fundamental flaws in the socioeconomic contract we call marriage, with stinginess. I am not a stingy man. There is no girl that I have dated and dumped that can say she didn't have a great time with me. I spend a LOT of money on pretty girls; in fact, I enjoy it cuz the more you spend, the better the sex is!  grin grin grin grin

However, there is a big difference between spending a few thousand dollars on trips, gifts and fine dining and giving a woman access to all your bank accounts, assets and future income. It is this difference that makes marriage so problematic for successful guys that live in the West. Why would a woman that hasn't worked for my money become entitled to everything I and my family have worked hard for? What is the other end of the bargain? Companionship and babies? I can get all that without signing on the dotted line!  grin grin grin Nobody is really giving me compelling reasons for marriage. All I am reading are fantasies, platitudes and lots of wishful thinking.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 8:19pm On Feb 01, 2012
moremi2008:

I think a lot of ladies on here are confusing legitimate concerns about gold diggers and about fundamental flaws in the socioeconomic contract we call marriage, with stinginess. I am not a stingy man. There is no girl that I have dated and dumped that can say she didn't have a great time with me. I spend a LOT of money[b] on pretty girls[/b]; in fact, I enjoy it cuz the more you spend, the better the sex is!  grin grin grin grin

However, there is a big difference between spending a few thousand dollars on trips, gifts and fine dining and giving a woman access to all your bank accounts, assets and future income. It is this difference that makes marriage so problematic for successful guys that live in the West. Why would a woman that hasn't worked for my money become entitled to everything I and my family have worked hard for? What is the other end of the bargain? Companionship and babies? I can get all that without signing on the dotted line!  grin grin grin Nobody is really giving me compelling reasons for marriage. All I am reading are fantasies, platitudes and lots of wishful thinking.

i can see what you did there. grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
shocked   grin at comments here

@ Pro01, you can't be much of a player if you can't differentiate between se.x and companionship. Even players eventually tire of playing at so point and want more than casual sex.

Sagamu, u berra turn all these money that's turned you loco into beds and mattresses and whatever the delicacy in Sagamu is so you eat as much of it as you want and sleep on the rest. As if successful women don't have to worry about deadbeats and moochers ?! And since y'all like to liken yourselves to celebrities so much, wasn't it Eric Benet who asked for alimony from Halle Berry simply because she adopted his daughter from his first marriage?! Shio!!!
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chibaby5(f): 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2012
Sagamite:

You mean women aside him?

As in alongside him. Didn't necessarily want to use the word 'behind' .
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by tpia5: 8:26pm On Feb 01, 2012
moremi2008:

There is no girl that I have dated and dumped that can say she didn't have a great time with me. I spend a LOT of money on pretty girls

a good or great relationship isnt always about money.

though money is important, no doubt.

and of course if you have cash to spend then its only natural your relationships will reflect that.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2012
chi-baby:

As in alongside him. Didn't necessarily want to use the word 'behind' .

unmarried men have women in their beds as well.
there are plenty of men who aren't married but they change live-in lovers like pillow cases year in year out. . . .
would you say those men aren't fulfilled?
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2012
tpia@:

a good or great relationship isnt always about money.

though money is important, no doubt.

and of course if you have cash to spend then its only natural your relationships will reflect that.

Jump to conclusion much? I don't NEED to spend money, I just like doing it because I like taking care of my girlfriends. What is your problem with that? And why are you talking from both sides of your mouth? Is money good or is it not good? Please choose one because you are only fulfilling the worst stereotypes about women and greed.

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ Moremi, then why add her on your account ( your wife) why should that give you sleepless nights?, i am not on my husbands account, he is not on my personal account, though we have a joint just for the family, and we are living happily ever after!!!

I will not expect a man to marry and just add another person on his account just like that, na beans, what if that lady was their solely to steal all the money and run? Marraige is not equal to being dumb. cool cool cool cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chibaby5(f): 8:47pm On Feb 01, 2012
coogar:

unmarried men have women in their beds as well.
there are plenty of men who aren't married but they change live-in lovers like pillow cases year in year out. . . .
would you say those men aren't fulfilled?

Well then how will u be fulfilled if ur dealing with women who jus wanna hump on it for a nyt and dats it? undecided
In dat scenario, u do not hve a woman 'along side' u. Notice I sed a woman not women
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moremi2008(m): 8:48pm On Feb 01, 2012
ronkebp:

@ Moremi, then why add her on your account ( your wife) why should that give you sleepless nights?, i am not on my husbands account, he is not on my personal account, though we have a joint just for the family, and we are living happily ever after!!!

I will not expect a man to marry and just add another person on his account just like that, na beans, what if that lady was their solely to steal all the money and run? Marraige is not equal to being dumb. cool cool cool cool

All of those pretty walls you think you've built for yourself are paper-thin should the marriage lead to divorce. Everything is accessible in divorce courts.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2012
^ I'm really curious as to why you are so darn worried about divorce, isn't that like setting yourself up for failure before even starting 
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 8:53pm On Feb 01, 2012
moremi2008:

All of those pretty walls you think you've built for yourself are paper-thin should the marriage lead to divorce. Everything is accessible in divorce courts.

Why would you be thinking of divorce, even before tying the knot wink smiley smiley smiley You are just a funny young man. Don't worry when you meet ''the one'' you think you cannot live without, you will see clearer.  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dayokanu(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^ isnt that like thinking about accidents before you even buy a car?

they are realities and they happen

So thats why getting a car insurance is pertinent

Some never have accidents even in 60yrs of driving
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moHot(f): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ isnt that like thinking about accidents before you even buy a car?

they are realities and they happen

So thats why getting a car insurance is pertinent

Some never have accidents even in 60yrs of driving

so marriage is now likened to buying a car sad
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by coogar: 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2012
chi-baby:

Well then how will u be fulfilled if ur dealing with women who jus wanna hump on it for a nyt and dats it? undecided
In dat scenario, u do not hve a woman 'along side' u. Notice I sed a woman not women

ok then. . . .
there are men who have live-in women and they have had children with these women.
the only missing link is marriage. . . . . .are those men unfulfilled too? grin
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by moHot(f): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
tpia@:

^^not in the same ratio.

please dont derail the thread or make this about gender.

the op was clear enough with his question. Check the thread title again if you missed it before.

huh in what way pls.
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 9:05pm On Feb 01, 2012
^^^^ and that is why i would like to join the club of those that have been driving for 60 years without accidents. why would i want to jinx myself by thinking about accidents before buying a car.

If poeple had that mentality. nobody will be driving!!! don't you think cool cool
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by chibaby5(f): 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2012
coogar:

ok then. . . .
there are men who have live-in women and they have had children with these women.
the only missing link is marriage. . . . . .are those men unfulfilled too? grin

Well maybe marriage is not there because of financial reasons or wateva they reason maybe. Dat sed, With marriage being the missing link, A man still cannot be fulfiled in my opinion. Marriage is powerful when entered into by two individuals who desired it. However dats lecture for anoda day.

P.s my opinion Mr b4 u ask anoda silly question  tongue tongue
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by dayokanu(m): 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2012
ronkebp:

^^^^ and that is why i would like to join the club of those that have been driving for 60 years without accidents. why would i want to jinx myself by thinking about accidents before buying a car.

If poeple had that mentality. nobody will be driving!!! don't you think cool cool

Everyone hopes not to be involved in an accident(divorce) because of the injuries, the emotional and physical trauma and the financial cost

But despite that hope, they still go ahead and get insurance
Re: Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? by ronkebp(f): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Everyone hopes not to be involved in an accident(divorce) because of the injuries, the emotional and physical trauma and the financial cost

But despite that hope, they still go ahead and get insurance

We know auto insurances are for cars, what will you recommend for marraiges pre-nups? undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.