Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

House Girl - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Girl (1309 Views)

How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / What Would You Do If Your House-Girl Did This To Your Child? (Photo) / Is Your Ọmọ-ọ̀dọ̀ (House Girl) More Su Ẹ̀gbẹ̀ Than Mine? Prove It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

House Girl by fobendo: 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2007
We need a house to assist my wife, we heard so many stories regarding a maid, we had a new baby and my wife is working, is it advisable to live a new born baby in the hand of a maid? many sad news are told about house maid.

Won't the negative life of a maid affects the baby spiritually and morally
Pls we shall appreciate your advice.
Re: House Girl by eezzy(f): 2:30pm On Oct 16, 2007
The maids are a necessary evil - if you want to look at them that
way. Before your children grow up, you will get good ones and bad ones
that's how it goes. The only thing to do is not to accept to be under their
mercy. If you find that one is not working the way you want, release them
peacefully and look for the next. Meanwhile, your children are growing and
some day you will not need one anymore.

As for corrupting your children morally and spiritually, if you are impacting right
values into your children, you will always know when there is a change and you
deal with it accordingly. Involve yourself a lot in your children's lives and no one will
influence them negatively.
Re: House Girl by fobendo: 2:42pm On Oct 16, 2007
We got one on trial after a new baby in May this year, she is very sturborn and immoral,my wife had when she was dicussing about immorality in the present of somebody, we decided that she must go,we are affraid of getting another one.this is a girl that we had already drawn a plan for her carreer.
Re: House Girl by omena555(f): 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2007
@poster, i think the maid shd be ur last resort. u cld try other means first. like, getting ur younger one (or ur wife's younger one) or a young relation to come stay with u for the now. if this is not possible, then u cld consider the option of the maid
Re: House Girl by fobendo: 3:05pm On Oct 16, 2007
Thanks all for your good advice.we shall prayerfull decide.
Re: House Girl by folabim(f): 3:08pm On Oct 16, 2007
Maids are necessary evils but you have to pray before bringing them in. I had my first baby in May and had to resume to work by August so, I asked my mother-in-law to stay during the first two weeks to monitor the girl and after she certified her ok, my mother-in-law left and i arranged with a neighbour of mine who doesn't work to allow both my baby and househelp to be staying in her house till i come back from work. This has been working so far.
Re: House Girl by sammyjl(f): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2008
There is no other option but to get a house maid. If both of you work, this is the only option, unless u decide to take the child to a day care centre, that can also be another option. Not all house maids are bad, but its really hard to find a very reliable one. One who will do right even when both of you are at work. It seems that most maids only behave when their bosses are around, but when they leave they become bosses themselves.

So good luck in this ok.
Re: House Girl by ayomifull(f): 1:02pm On Mar 26, 2008
If you are not quite comfortable with a maid i believe you both can work something out and take care of your baby yourselves, i understand that you both work but that is one of the excusses we give in Nigeria. I have couples who both work here and take care of their kids, of course no other choice. Im sure she will have mat leave for some months you can take the baby to care center while you go to work and pick him/her after work. I have 2 kids of same age, i work full time and i still manage with them all alone. So if you have your reservations about maids look for other options but if you must have one have on mind that it may work out fine it may not, also pray about it, best of luck.

(1) (Reply)

If You Meet A Genie??? / In Fact, I Don't Know What To Call This(a Must Read)! / Please What Gift Can I Buy For My Dad With #20,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.