Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja (6970 Views)

Clean Tokunbo 2001 Honda Civic 4 Cylinders/automatic Transmission: Price: N750k / Jaguar Spare Parts And Mechanic Needed / Good Honda Mechanic Needed For My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 10, 2012
the p1122 code was never cleared , only the other two
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2012
The P1122 code won't clear, till the Lambda sender is replaced.

You mentioned the car was driven - is there any oil in it? I recall you said there was no oil in it, and the guy that scanned it said his results were as a result of it being empty?
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 11, 2012
the car was not driven when the guy was scanning it, he scanned it in my hse, what he said was that it was showing a fibre error but that it could also be as a result of oil not being in the transmission but honestly i personally did not see the scanner read any code,it only showed a comunication port error.I asked the guy for the code but he came up with that lame excuse , dats why am yet to call him back.the codes i sent to you was a guy who had bn scanning the car for me prior to meeting the guy who was to scan the transmission.the guy who pulled out the codes scanns with a laptop and i guess with a generic s/w while they guy who was supposedly to scan the transmission came with a device that looks like an oversized palm held gps .
I am actually on d look out for a more sane scanner ans wud feed u back if get any and pls what,where and hw can i fix the landa
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Cargoed: 7:11pm On Feb 11, 2012
First of all your car is not a 100% scan dependent compared to the newer models. So you need to do physical diagnosis. Top up all the fluids brake fluid, transmission fluid engine oil. And see which one runs out first. Then get a mechanic to track where the leakage is from, using a very dry rag. After this get the right sealants and try and seal. if this is not enough if it is the transmission drop it from the mount and reinstall this time with all the right washers in place. Then if this does not work go to the market and buy another transmission.

VW SCAN tools are the most difficult to find, but we will get there i wish you all the best.
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 11, 2012
@cargoed @siena, thanks for ur wonderful advice.I actually called a new guy and he discovered that the leak was from the engine.I saw the leak myself.the gasket was not properly sealed ,the guy said the first thing to do is to seal up the leak b4 any further diagnosis.The leak from the engine had washed the top of the exhaust directly under the engine clean.The guys is the katampe guy.a buhari on nairaland directed me to him .The guy had successfully diagnosed his touareg.I will kp u all posted
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by sultaan(m): 5:00am On Feb 12, 2012
Have you by any chance looked at oil filter, if your mech installed it with original seal in place(double seal
or missing seal. Your valve seals shouldn't be leaking that bad. maybe your rear main seal, btw engine and transmission, you'll remove oil pan and transmission, some people say its better to use the seal installation tool and you need you engine to be in TDC otherwise you car won't start

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/68-b5-garage/279820-project-rear-main-seal-replacement.html
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 12, 2012
@sultaan, i will show d guy the hyperlinks , thanks
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by sultaan(m): 1:41am On Feb 15, 2012
Remember to change your PCV valve that probbly what blew you seal
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 16, 2012
@sultaan and @siena, these are some of the repairs been carried out.
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 6:47am On Feb 16, 2012
pics

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 16, 2012

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 6:55am On Feb 16, 2012

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 16, 2012

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 16, 2012

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 16, 2012

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 7:15am On Feb 16, 2012

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 16, 2012

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2012
@siena,

the engine has been running smoothly and sounds much better now,after much work the last code shown was p0302 and it has bn successfully diagnosed.The gear box was scanned using a memoscan and it did not show any error code.the gear oil seal will be worked upon next wk.thanks just updating u
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by sultaan(m): 12:27am On Feb 20, 2012
There is oil leak on the valve cover, this is why your sparkplug has oil on it, hope you changed the grommets.

The grommets are rubber seals that go in the holes on valve cover, these prevent oil from leaking to plugs.

Hope you used the right trans fluid.

don't do anything else until you are sure you still have a leak, now you've done the easiest and common source of leak, wash engine at wait.

You have to start using better oils and change in time, your engine is a little dirty. Compare your valves to mine

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by chykeze(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2012
i had a similar problem, i have a nissan altima, sm1 refered me to a mechanic at Zuba,he did a good job, he will advice u if he can fix it or change it.good luck
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
@sultaan,@ sienna,

my gearbox was removed and a new torque converter was replaced.The guy told me he suspected a worn out metal ring on the torque converter
We changed it and fixed it.Went there to chk it this morn yet it is still leaking.Today makes y car 3wks with the guy.Please what can i do.the leaks still come out and nobody seems to know where the leak is from.He sugested checking the gear oil coolant or is it filter to confirm that it is not dirty.He also said that the gear box seems to be overheating, what else can i do.I have spent so much on this car already.wud prob buy me a new gear system by the time i add 100k to what has bn spent so far.Pls any ideas on what could be the culprit b4 my gearbox is destroyed

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by sultaan(m): 2:21am On Mar 05, 2012
I though it was diagnosed as engine oil leak, I was hoping you stopped at trans service that way any new oil leak will come out as brown for engine oil and red for trans fluid.A clean engine will easily show leak source I'm scratching my head now never had to deal with leaking trans before.
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 05, 2012
@sultaan, there was oil leak from the engine and the culprit was a a worn out basket .getting a genuine gasket in abuja has bn a problem.Had to make a request from lagos for gasket.I have also ordered a new oil pump , just needed advice to know if i am on the right track
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by sultaan(m): 11:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
bjims:

@sultaan, there was oil leak from the engine and the culprit was a a worn out basket .getting a genuine gasket in abuja has bn a problem.Had to make a request from lagos for gasket.I have also ordered a new oil pump , just needed advice to know if i am on the right track
Why need a oil pump, it not should last the life of the engine,.If you have oil pressure problem, check your pickup tube first, Those black sludge in the engine can form chunks the interfere with oil flow, that is why you use quality oil at regular interval.

It going to be rough take a look at this video, the you'l know what you are up against if its a transmission leak in the front

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYs-5i3wgUE
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 06, 2012
@sultaan, i acquired the car in nov, i was only unfortunate to have been sold a car whose maintenance record is in doubt.Its like it was shipped down fro america to an unsuspecting buyer.The car has bn with the mech for a month now undergoing various servicing etc.As per the oil pump i meant the oil pump for the transmission.Thanks for the video will play it for the mech.
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by sultaan(m): 1:55am On Mar 07, 2012
What you need are the seals, pump should be good
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2012
seal for the pump or converter?
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by sultaan(m): 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2012
pump as in video

1 Like

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by pak: 8:46am On Mar 08, 2012
bjims:

@sultaan, i acquired the car in nov, i was only unfortunate to have been sold a car whose maintenance record is in doubt.Its like it was shipped down fro america to an unsuspecting buyer.The car has bn with the mech for a month now undergoing various servicing etc.As per the oil pump i meant the oil pump for the transmission.Thanks for the video will play it for the mech.

@bjims, I feel you.
I considered myself in a bit of a similar situation.
Though I've been using mine for bout 2yrs now but its been a bit of a battle.
Although another contributory factor is the ignorance, incompetence and insincerety of the kind of mechanics you get
around here these days.

Pls can you do me the favor of sending me the contacts of two of the mechs you said you visited specifically
The Danny Motors guy @ games village and the katampe guy.

I own a honda and I travel around with it a lot. I have been able to get a good mech in Lagos and Jos

but am yet to get any reliable mech where I am presently (Abuja).

@All pls if you know any sincere and knowledgeable mechanic in abuja that can effectively work on Honda cars please I'll like to have your refferals
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by aodiki: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2012
I had a similar Passat, 1.8 T, manual trans. I used it b/w September 2010 and March 2011. Diagnosis does not show all faults. U need a mechanic/electrician experienced in modern vw. Mine had engine issues that did not show in scans including fuel gauge not working. For the fuel guage alone I tried up to five different people and no one could help. In this period I used this car, it parked up on the road at least twice. I changed up to five fuel pumps and 3 sets of spark plugs. It was a nightmare until I met one car dealer who directed me to a mechanic/electrician and every problem in the car was fixed in one day without stress and after scanning without an error. He even gave me a waiver on the fuel guage. That was less than a month before I gave it out.

My point is it is extremely difficult to find competent vw mechanics in Nigeria, so I'll advice u get a good mechanic to help u do a replacement on ur tranny or u may just go on spending and ur car may not work normally.

Just to add to Siena's comments, when a vw car shows a fault signal, it is not good to keep using it without solving the problem. That may work for Toyota or Honda, but it does not work with vw.

I wish u d best with ur car.
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Gurv: 2:33pm On May 08, 2012
You can easily detect the faults from thermal detectors..This technique of detecting leakage is used in water leakage..
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Gurv: 2:33pm On May 08, 2012
You can easily detect the faults from thermal detectors..This technique of detecting leakage is used in water leakage..M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

SOLD!!!2008 Toyota Camry (muscle)sport Edition (toks And Clean) @ N2.4m / Sold @@@@@ Sold @@@@ Sold @@@@. Sold @@@@ Sold @@@@ / Adult Male And Female Mountain Bikes: 18 speed- 21k; 6 Speed- 18k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.