Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja (6969 Views)

Clean Tokunbo 2001 Honda Civic 4 Cylinders/automatic Transmission: Price: N750k / Jaguar Spare Parts And Mechanic Needed / Good Honda Mechanic Needed For My Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Gurv: 2:34pm On May 08, 2012
You can easily detect the faults from thermal detectors..This technique of detecting leakage is used in water leakage..Many vendors used this technique.

Ted,
Leak Detection System
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 09, 2012
aodiki: I had a similar Passat, 1.8 T, manual trans. I used it b/w September 2010 and March 2011. Diagnosis does not show all faults. U need a mechanic/electrician experienced in modern vw. Mine had engine issues that did not show in scans including fuel gauge not working. For the fuel guage alone I tried up to five different people and no one could help. In this period I used this car, it parked up on the road at least twice. I changed up to five fuel pumps and 3 sets of spark plugs. It was a nightmare until I met one car dealer who directed me to a mechanic/electrician and every problem in the car was fixed in one day without stress and after scanning without an error. He even gave me a waiver on the fuel guage. That was less than a month before I gave it out.

My point is it is extremely difficult to find competent vw mechanics in Nigeria, so I'll advice u get a good mechanic to help u do a replacement on ur tranny or u may just go on spending and ur car may not work normally.

Just to add to Siena's comments, when a vw car shows a fault signal, it is not good to keep using it without solving the problem. That may work for Toyota or Honda, but it does not work with vw.

I wish u d best with ur car.

pls the mechanic you just talked about,is he in abuja/ and if he his can i get his contact thanks
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
bjims how did everything pan out at the end with your car. Just got a Volks Wagen 2001 auto transmission and it's presently having transmission issues. It jerks and frequently requires deep press of accelerator to move. Though no oil is leaking and every other thing is apparently ok. The things I hear about this model online are very scary/discouraging.

I'm also abuja based. Have any good referral for me?
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by nickxtra(m): 3:15pm On May 20, 2018

Bro, I don't mean to be harsh here - but why would you continue driving your car with a Check Engine Light, and an obvious ABS fault? Putting it bluntly, you're killing your car. The fact it still drives (kind of) doesn't mean warning lights should be ignored.
Good day bro. pls the gear box casing of my car got cracked and the transmission oil is leaking out. Some persons said the gear box casing can be replaced i.e. to transfer the gear components to a new empty casing. pls is this okay?
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by dru23(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2018
nickxtra:
Good day bro. pls the gear box casing of my car got cracked and the transmission oil is leaking out. Some persons said the gear box casing can be replaced i.e. to transfer the gear components to a new empty casing. pls is this okay?

It is their way naw .. We ignore everything in Nigeria. Because we know better than the manufacture.. Do you know how many cars has packed up due to wrong engine oil
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 02, 2018
bjims how did everything pan out at the end with your car. Just got a Volks Wagen 2001 auto transmission and it's presently having transmission issues. It jerks and frequently requires deep press of accelerator to move. Though no oil is leaking and every other thing is apparently ok. The things I hear about this model online are very scary/discouraging.

I'm also abuja based. Have any good referral for me?

Good evening and I am so sorry for the delay...my response is years late. By now you would have sorted it out I guess. I hardly log in. If you still need a good volkswagen gear person I can introduce you to oyinye. He works in apo mechanic village.
Re: Automatic Transmission Mechanic Needed In Abuja by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2018
nickxtra:

I can refer you to a good gear box guy in apo mechanice. He would be able to give you the best advice. He is quite good. Oyinye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Cleared Toyota Sienna 2002 Model: Tokunbo / Gazzuzz Autos / SOLD!!!2008 Toyota Camry (muscle)sport Edition (toks And Clean) @ N2.4m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.