Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810152 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Winnerrrr(m): 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2021
DisGuy:

Interesting, please note this is not the official government scheme and the interest rates are exorbitant.

But let us know how you get on with them if you decide to apply.

I'm presently in Nigeria though, I'm just exploring options and measuring.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by wonderiks: 12:00am On Aug 28, 2021
What schools accepts hnd Lower credit for masters in Uk
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by vichyke: 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2021
ananne:
Please if one is applying to the university of Glasgow in Scotland..

Does the UK policy of giving a two year work visa after your masters degree apply?

Is it the UK embassy that Carter's for Scotland, Ireland etc .or they have their own embassies?

Yes, they are all same and the 2yrs apply also.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Coolcube: 2:41am On Aug 29, 2021
I have about a decade experience in book publishing here in Nigeria and I intend coming over to the UK for Masters. I am undecided whether to put in for MA/MSc Publishing based on cognate experience or go for tech conversion masters.

Those in the UK, are there job prospects in book publishing in UK?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by glidiezel: 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Please what cities are easier for international students to get jobs
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Domistic: 4:26am On Sep 02, 2021
wemicoal:
Hi please i am going with my wife to Coventry UK (i am the dependant) i have been looking up accommodation, i am only seeing shared apartments. Is it possible to see private spaces? Possibly a studio
we are going to Coventry this September Although my wife school is in Oxford but we intend to live in Coventry. Oxford is too expensive. Can we connect . I will Send u a DM

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by fificole: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hi Justwise,

Had to check for a post-arrival thread moderated by you. Family and friends have been helpful but this community comes with a lot of learnings/insights.

justwise:

You need more than a change to survive in Portsmouth, its not really a cheap city to live in, i was unable to get a job for a while i was there though it was recession then but you will be able to get student job.

Come with money that will last you for at least 3months while you settle down and get a job
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Pattadon: 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2021
Hello,
Anyone studying or living around UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA NORWICH. I would like to connect or enquire about getting a nice accommodation around the school. I will be travelling in 2 weeks time. Please I need help.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by AyankemiAMO: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2021
Anybody going for post graduate in Swansea University

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Esiakbolt: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2021
Stan999:
Good day guys, I would be needing your candid advice.

A few months ago, a friend urged me to apply to university of Hull for an MSc program. Reason been that the tution was reduced to 9k pounds for international students. I was a bit skeptical due to many reviews online about the harsh conditions around retention and student part-time student jobs. However, I applied for the fun since there were no application fees and last week I got 2 conditional offers in supply chain management and energy engineering from the university.

On a personal note, I'm more inclined to the supply chain management due to its universality in almost any industry with a focus on supply chain analytics. Energy engineering on the other hand is quite robust buh has limitations due to its reservation to just energy. I'm a self taught data analyst of 2 years with working experience in the energy sector and currently in fintech and I have been able to save up N3,500,000 for this journey. Clearly from previous posts, this won't suffice. I can foot up to the expected 34% tuition on arrival and hope I'm able to spread the remaining 66% across the 4th and 7th months by engaging in jobs.

My big question is how REALISTIC can 2k pounds be made in 3 months as a student? What are the likely penalties of defaulting?

On a lighter note, I have seen some interesting Supply chain analyst roles in UK from LinkedIn and the required skills are what I currently use for analyses in my job here. If you have an idea of the job market apart from what online searches have, do share!!

Furthermore, the resumption date is September 20th and I would really be grateful if someone outlines the next steps for me to take as I'm yet to accept or defer the offer. I'm a bit skeptical if I would be able to complete the processes on time and would be grateful to know how feasible it is to conclude all processes and travel a week before the resumption date.

Thanks in anticipation

Hello stan99, I got admission from University of Hull, you can reach me on ademolaesiak@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by BIGSKY2017: 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pls I will coming to Swansea this September by his grace,pls send me your mail address I really need some answers to my questions
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by imoniyi(f): 11:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
inzenita:
Hi all,
Please I intend applying for masters in public health @ Teeside University.
My questions are please what's life generally at Teeside, in terms of affordable accommodation, availability of student and menial jobs.
And is public health a lucrative course in UK?
Thanks

I also want to do the same oo. Can you send me an email please?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by imoniyi(f): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
tonero230:
Do I have opportunity to get a job in health sector after studying masters in public health.

Please, I also need reply to this, I intend to do Masters in Public Health.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Pily: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Pls, how can i be trained?
Cousin9999:
Some of you might want to consider training as a sterile processing technician. Surprisingly, they make good money. And you can do it as a side job.

ETA: I'm proposing this as a trade to support you while you study and get settled; not a long-term career.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bmuhd4smile: 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
Esiakbolt:

Hello stan99, I got admission from University of Hull, you can reach me on ademolaesiak@gmail.com

Do they accept NECO
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by zagorakis(m): 8:51am On Sep 09, 2021
Please where is the cheapest place to live in the UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Handzome4u(m): 2:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yes I'm going for Msc Computer Science.

AyankemiAMO:
Anybody going for post graduate in Swansea University
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
zagorakis:
remote areas got you, else avoid city centers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Blessing97(m): 8:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Voiz234:

Many thanks for the feedback. I already got 4k discount and I have sent them WAEC scratch card to fulfill the condition of the offer. Hopefully I will get the full payment structure as regards to placement year once the unconditional offer comes in.

Congratulations on your offer from Leeds Beckett. Please have you been able to find out more about their payment structure for your Data Science course, to find out if the 14k fee is split between two years of 7k each, or if the payment of 14k is to be made for 2 consecutive years amounting to a total of 28k?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by princelee101(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Handzome4u:
Yes I'm going for Msc Computer Science.

Hello. I sent you an email. Been offered the same course for January '22.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Handzome4u(m): 5:20am On Sep 11, 2021
Check out your email, I replied your mail.
Whatsapp me let's discuss.

princelee101:

Hello. I sent you an email. Been offered the same course for January '22.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Agbeke998: 10:55am On Sep 13, 2021
Dear All,

Good morning.
Please who is studying in the University of West England Bristol. I got an offer for jan 22. Please i need more insight on the city, the standard of living, accommodation and student's job available. Your swift response will be appreciated.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Eldersege(m): 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
Pls did anyone use Air Maroc to enter for Student Visa for the first time?

I learnt it has shorter time and affordable but I don't want any issue either.

Qatar air seem to be very high at the moment with long layovers too.

I will glad if someone can give other perfect recommendations to. I don't want a flight that will be flagged unnecessarily.

My School resumption was yesterday 13th.

Pls help a brother o.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by lurlah2014(f): 3:18pm On Sep 14, 2021
Please I need help *urgent

I want to go for a top up program before my masters cos am an HND HOLDER, so am considering which state is more affordable ( School fee, accommodation and other cost of living expenses) between UK, USA OR CANADA

Your candid advise will be appreciated
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by LagosismyHome(f): 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
lurlah2014:
Please I need help *urgent

I want to go for a top up program before my masters cos am an HND HOLDER, so am considering which state is more affordable ( School fee, accommodation and other cost of living expenses) between UK, USA OR CANADA

Your candid advise will be appreciated

Both US and UK, some schools allow HND to do master straight. Not all schools but you have some. You might want to look into that

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by major911(m): 10:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please anybody that is studying in university of law Manchester campus should please let’s connect…
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Richhard(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2021
Who's in Anglia Ruskin here?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Defemautos: 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2021
Pattadon:
Hello,
Anyone studying or living around UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA NORWICH. I would like to connect or enquire about getting a nice accommodation around the school. I will be travelling in 2 weeks time. Please I need help.
can anyone recommend a cheaper school for international student
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Pattadon: 4:25am On Sep 20, 2021
Defemautos:

can anyone recommend a cheaper school for international student

In UK, there are other things to consider in choosing a school apart from tuition fee. you should consider payment pattern. secondly, if u would like to work and pay up your tuition, you should think of a school thats in a city where u can find part time job easily. Again, some cheap schools don't have January intake.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Iriabay: 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2021
imoniyi:

Please, I also need reply to this, I intend to do Masters in Public Health.
Public Health is a lucrative course in the UK. The course is in the UK job shortage list and they are well paid. It's a YES for me

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Iriabay: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2021
zagorakis:
Cheap is relative. Depending on ur pocket size.
I would advice you go for a school close to a city, so as to get a job ASAP, so you can fute ur bills and connect with people. Networking is key bro. Hence, the farther away from the city, the cheaper it becomes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.