Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810005 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by SamReinvented: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2022
vickydevoka:

Thank you. Buh can you work more than 20 hrs during holidays

Yup! No restrictions during holidays.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by SamReinvented: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2022
vickydevoka:

Thank you. I just came to u.k middlesbrough. What if I work more than 20 hrs a week, n I have an agreement with my agency that I want 20 hrs to reflect in my record?

Goodluck.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by 20nat: 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2022
Hi

Seeking advise for a friend.  Upon arrival in uk he decided he does not want to study  a Msc in  Biochemistry anymore but would like to switch over to Nursing or social work.Is he allowed to change schools? How will this affect his Visa? Does he need approval from the university and does he need to notify the home office?

His wife and child were supoose to join him once he settles but he is thinking of putting that on hold till he knowe were he stands.

He wants to start applying for September intake.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by aragbaboy: 10:45am On Feb 13, 2022
MALAGATHEBOSS:

Please can we connect I got hull city conditional offer

Sure anytime
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kennykale: 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2022
20nat:
Hi

Seeking advise for a friend.  Upon arrival in uk he decided he does not want to study  a Msc in  Biochemistry anymore but would like to switch over to Nursing or social work.Is he allowed to change schools? How will this affect his Visa? Does he need approval from the university and does he need to notify the home office?

His wife and child were supoose to join him once he settles but he is thinking of putting that on hold till he knowe were he stands.

Thanks

he s will have to come back to nigeria to do that
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Chinyeremaka: 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2022
toxict14:
Good day house, I got an offer for MSc Chemistry from Hull University, September 2022 intake.
If you are in Hull or have an offer from the same university please let us connect.
Secondly, what part time job is advisable for an international graduate student to embark on over there in Hull city?

I got admission too, we can connect
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Zimzee: 2:30am On Feb 14, 2022
Hi everyone,
My husband has Bsc in Economics and MBA financial management and he has wealth of experience in banking and marketing. we are currently in the UK on tier 4 visa with me being the student.
Is there a possibility of him getting a job with tier 2 visa sponsorship with these qualifications and experiences here in the UK. If yes, please a little clue in the right direction will be most appreciated.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ubongty(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2022
Sure, let's connect. Got offer letter for MSc Mechanical Engineering.
Chinyeremaka:

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2022
20nat:
Hi

Seeking advice for a friend.  Upon arrival in the UK, he decided he does not want to study an MSc in  Biochemistry anymore but would like to switch over to Nursing or social work. Is he allowed to change schools? How will this affect his Visa? Does he need approval from the university and does he need to notify the home office?

His wife and child were supposed to join him once he settles but he is thinking of putting that on hold till he knows where he stands.

Thanks
Nope! All the records of him with the border immigration cannot change with his visa. And if the school gets to know he isn't attending classes they will report to border control because he can cause serious issues to the school. He didn't plan well before leaving for the UK. He cannot even apply from the UK, except he returns to Nigeria without finishing the current visa. He will have to finish the biochemistry then apply for another program with enough reasons and apply in the UK but can not change to another school with the current visa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Chimmy609(m): 8:47am On Feb 15, 2022
Goodmorning family.. am in Birmingham city.. study project management at Birmingham city university. Please is their my Nigerian brothers who needs someone to share an accomodation with them. Just came into UK on the 12th. Accommodation seems so difficult. I need help regarding to accomodation and work. Hoping for an answer. I don't smoke, but I can adapt to any environment. Thank you all.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Ojayibrahim: 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2022
Chinyeremaka:

I also got admission for September 2022
How are we connecting?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Sonyea09(m): 6:37pm On Feb 17, 2022
Chimmy609:
Goodmorning family.. am in Birmingham city.. study project management at Birmingham city university. Please is their my Nigerian brothers who needs someone to share an accomodation with them. Just came into UK on the 12th. Accommodation seems so difficult. I need help regarding to accomodation and work. Hoping for an answer. I don't smoke, but I can adapt to any environment. Thank you all.
Hi bro…please send me a PM. Though I’m currently in Manchester at the moment, but a friend in Birmingham just got a 2 bed flat and is looking for someone they can take the apartment together.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Sonyea09(m): 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2022
Anyone in Manchester that needs an apartment should contact me…looking for a roommate as soon as possible for a 2 bed flat I just got in Manchester.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by pepper247(f): 9:49am On Feb 18, 2022
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lcharmz: 5:16pm On Feb 19, 2022
Chinyeremaka:

How long did it take you to get your offer after applying?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kauranBauchi: 5:39pm On Feb 19, 2022
Hello guys,
I will be starting my Doctoral Program at the University of Abertay in Dundee UK next month... please I need advise on how to get accommodation where nigerians stay... I will appreciate your kind suggestions
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kauranBauchi: 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2022
I need assistance with accommodation in Dundee, I will be resuming my studies next month
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lcharmz: 7:35pm On Feb 19, 2022
ubongty:
Sure, let's connect. Got offer letter for MSc Mechanical Engineering.
How long did it take to get an offer pls
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by kennykale: 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2022
Zimzee:
Hi everyone,
My husband has Bsc in Economics and MBA financial management and he has wealth of experience in banking and marketing. we are currently in the UK on tier 4 visa with me being the student.
Is there a possibility of him getting a job with tier 2 visa sponsorship with these qualifications and experiences here in the UK. If yes, please a little clue in the right direction will be most appreciated.
Thanks

LinkedIn should be his best friend . If he doesn’t have a LinkedIn profile yet let him set up on. He should make it as professional as possible with all experience clearly stated out. He will get a good job with his experience and qualifications

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Tofunmmy(m): 10:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
Please I need a 2 bed flat at Birmingham urgently for a family of 4. Thanks in advance for a favourable response.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by shexxxy(m): 1:14am On Feb 21, 2022
How do I get in touch with you.i need to make few enquiriesfrom you.
Sonyea09:
Anyone in Manchester that needs an apartment should contact me…looking for a roommate as soon as possible for a 2 bed flat I just got in Manchester.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by erjo: 11:00am On Feb 21, 2022
Greetings! Is anyone here currently studying in Birkbeck university of London? I need to ask some important questions.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CollinsTutu(m): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
hi, i got an admission for my masters in BIM (building information modeling and project collaboration)....how easy is it to get a job in this field in the uk??
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by cruzydal(m): 1:23pm On Feb 21, 2022
is public health a good course in the UK
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by subcbouy: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2022
pepper247:
Greetings
Pls house kindly suggest schools in UK I can apply to with at least 9k as tuition deposit for an MSc program in the Uk
teesside university

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bamzoga(m): 11:26pm On Feb 21, 2022
Peaceoma:
Hi @Oxristo I sent you an email

Oxristo

Good day, Great minds.

I am considering going for an MSc International Accounting and Finance in the UK.
My first degree was in Accounting (2.1) and I'm already ICAN-certified with a few years of experience.

The challenge now is that the funding isn't available (both from friends and relations) and this has left me with the only option of sourcing loan from one of the international study loan finance companies. The finance company would usually expect repayment to start 6 months after graduation. This is to give room for one to have possibly secured a job with the degree.

1. Is this venture really worthwhile?
2. How easy is it to transit from studies to job opportunities in the Scotland, UK with the current 2 years of PSW visa regime?

Please your contributions would help shape my decision and as such are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks.

Please how can one access this international study loan finance companies. I'm interested
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ubongty(m): 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2022
I have an offer
toxict14:
Good day house, I got an offer for MSc Chemistry from Hull University, September 2022 intake.
If you are in Hull or have an offer from the same university please let us connect.
Secondly, what part time job is advisable for an international graduate student to embark on over there in Hull city?

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.