Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (810054 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerians In The Uk, How Do You Cope With the Scottish Accent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ubongty(m): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2022
Less than 24hrs after submission
Lcharmz:

How long did it take to get an offer pls

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lcharmz: 8:06am On Feb 23, 2022
Wow.. thanks
ubongty:
Less than 24hrs after submission
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Somberyl(f): 11:16am On Feb 25, 2022
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Jurist27: 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2022
Dear all,
Please is there anyone that has an idea on the instalment payment for University of East Anglia school fees, should please be of help.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by firstlady99(f): 3:26pm On Mar 07, 2022
He should continue With it for a session...then after a Session, he should apply for M.A Social Work and drop out from the former. He do not have to return to Nigeria.

20nat:
Hi

Seeking advise for a friend.  Upon arrival in uk he decided he does not want to study  a Msc in  Biochemistry anymore but would like to switch over to Nursing or social work.Is he allowed to change schools? How will this affect his Visa? Does he need approval from the university and does he need to notify the home office?

His wife and child were supoose to join him once he settles but he is thinking of putting that on hold till he knowe were he stands.

He wants to start applying for September intake.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by firstlady99(f): 3:27pm On Mar 07, 2022
Email the school for this

quote author=Jurist27 post=110810955]Dear all,
Please is there anyone that has an idea on the instalment payment for University of East Anglia school fees, should please be of help.[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by firstlady99(f): 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2022
Use spareroom.uk to search for an appartment

Canadaboyk:
Any one here looking for a room Mate in Sunderland? I don find house tire, man is tired. Please I’m willing to join you. I’m looking for a bed apartment but if you have rented 2beds and need a room mate kindly send a message. I’m tired of hotel bills abeg

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by ayoope(f): 10:42am On Mar 18, 2022
Anyone in Portsmouth at the moment?
Please I need guidance, i just arrived .
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Bennni: 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
Good evening all,
Please are students who obtained a Bsc degree in the Uk entitled to the PSWP? Do anyone here knows or witnessed someone who has been granted the PSWP with Bsc degree ?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Highpriest(m): 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2022
I need advice
I got admissions from the University of Hertfordshire and the University of South Wales, I don't know which to choose due to scarce knowledge on them.
I need an area that is favourable to Intl. student working (full/part time).

Any advice?
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Blurpy: 10:53am On Mar 20, 2022
Hertfordshire
Highpriest:
I need advice
I got admissions from the University of Hertfordshire and the University of South Wales, I don't know which to choose due to scarce knowledge on them.

Any advice?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CodingSoft: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
Highpriest:
I need advice

Any advice?

If you'd like to be closer to London then go for Hertfordshire, there is also a big shopping complex nearby where you can look for part-time work.

If you are not bothered about being close to London then for south wales it will depend on where the campus is located. Drop the campus location here and I can help you check what they have around.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Lastbornbuns: 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
Bennni:
Good evening all,
Please are students who obtained a Bsc degree in the Uk entitled to the PSWP? Do anyone here knows or witnessed someone who has been granted the PSWP with Bsc degree ?

Bsc is eligible.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Omishor2020(m): 3:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
kauranBauchi:
Hello guys,
I will be starting my Doctoral Program at the University of Abertay in Dundee UK next month... please I need advise on how to get accommodation where nigerians stay... I will appreciate your kind suggestions

Hope got sorted already...was in Dundee yesterday...just came back to Aberdeen today. Hope youre coping well

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Highpriest(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
CodingSoft:

If you'd like to be closer to London then go for Hertfordshire, there is also a big shopping complex nearby where you can look for part-time work.

If you are not bothered about being close to London then for south wales it will depend on where the campus is located. Drop the campus location here and I can help you check what they have around.

Its campus is in Pontypridd and the tuition is cheaper there than at Hertfordshire.
I want to know if getting a part-time job in pontypridd would be very difficult.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CodingSoft: 12:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
Highpriest:

Its campus is in Pontypridd and the tuition is cheaper there than at Hertfordshire.
I want to know if getting a part-time job in pontypridd would be very difficult.

Hertfordshire has a big shopping complex nearby and it's close to London, so in terms of getting a part-time job I'll say go for Hertfordshire.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Highpriest(m): 9:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
CodingSoft:

Hertfordshire has a big shopping complex nearby and it's close to London, so in terms of getting a part-time job I'll say go for Hertfordshire.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CodingSoft: 2:14am On Mar 22, 2022
Highpriest:

Okay, thanks.

No problem
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
….
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Apata41: 1:27pm On Mar 26, 2022
Did u later apply for the social work programme? Am also interested please
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by CodingSoft: 2:39pm On Mar 26, 2022
Evaberry:

York bro

York has a top rating but no shopping complex nearby that is a walking distance
Re: Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? by Apata41: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
Rhitar19:

Try social work. With my BSc Biochemistry I was able to get an unconditional offer for social work

Please I need to get in touch with u. I need your help, I intend to study MA Social Work. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (213) (Reply)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: Swealy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.