Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (534469 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
raphrinco: PLEASE HOW IS FOOTBALL IN CANADA?I READ FROM FIFA WEBSITE THAT THEY HAVE 10,000FOOTBALL CLUBS SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT SOME ONE COMING TO LOOK FOR TEAM THERE?

Personally, i am not a football (Soccer) Fan, and i think that is why i think it is like ice hockey or ice fishing in Nigeria, meaning there is not much to it, people are not into it and if they have like 10,000 clubs in Canada on soccer, i am sure they must have counted me and my kids and wife having our own club in my basement and we have not played in years for someone that is only into Basketball and golf.

I think it is over exaggerated, and besides, the clubs are not too much into money making like you probably wanna come and do . . they might pay for your lunch and buy you Gatorade, but wont make enuf to send some money home to Papa and Mama.

Again, remember it is not my sport, so i could have underestimated it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Fhemmmy: 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2012
blink6: I have finally chosen Brandon university. Any Nigerian at Brandon/Manitoba here?
Nevertheless, I will like to connect with anyone that is doing the travel abroad thing, cos am still confused,,, dnt know how to get me started with the registration and every other thing. Need advice and help,, as time is running out. Thanks. embarassed cry

Once you have nailed one school.
Apply to that school for admission . . then, you will start the visa applications . . . Good luck
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by raphrinco: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2012
Well thanks for reply,the truth is that I really wanna from some where and not just clamouring for much mnoney now.Remember this is a game that may not pay much today but offer so much the next day.Thanks ,more info please
Fhemmmy:

Personally, i am not a football (Soccer) Fan, and i think that is why i think it is like ice hockey or ice fishing in Nigeria, meaning there is not much to it, people are not into it and if they have like 10,000 clubs in Canada on soccer, i am sure they must have counted me and my kids and wife having our own club in my basement and we have not played in years for someone that is only into Basketball and golf.

I think it is over exaggerated, and besides, the clubs are not too much into money making like you probably wanna come and do . . they might pay for your lunch and buy you Gatorade, but wont make enuf to send some money home to Papa and Mama.

Again, remember it is not my sport, so i could have underestimated it.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by donnet(m): 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2012
HI PEEPS. you can check out this site it new and fresh. www.zingtie.com
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Blazemortimer(m): 1:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
this thread has really been enlightening and im sure its appreciated cos i do appreciate it. I want to study in Canada but combing through tons of information has not been easy. I came across brandon university today n they seem to be one of the cheapest and they offer the course i want to study. I'm a student of futa 200l, 3years to go + strikes + irregularities i think i wont loose much having to start over... i really need someone to put me through. pls... thanks. I can be reached through my email: houser.inc@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by dreamxml(m): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
@Everyone...
Not sure if this is the rite thread to post this.
I wanna know if there are any Pilot students presently in Canada from Nigeria or the UK.
I currently reside in the UK and looking at relocating to Canada for my Professional Pilot Training.
I am certain a study permit is required init?
Would appreciate if someone points me in the rite direction.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ayoolapaul(m): 1:42am On Nov 16, 2012
justwise: Share your surviving tips here. . .
-How did you get your part-time job . .
-Cheap student accommodation . .
-How do you call home cheaply . .
Ask your questions here and if there is something missing on the list then suggest and it will be added.
is there anyway a nigerian can get canadian high diploma online in nigeria...?if any share..pls
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by johnwisdom10(m): 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2012
Please can any one tell me the entry rquirement for underG course in canada?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ifegy: 12:59am On Nov 18, 2012
Blazemortimer: this thread has really been enlightening and im sure its appreciated cos i do appreciate it. I want to study in Canada but combing through tons of information has not been easy. I came across brandon university today n they seem to be one of the cheapest and they offer the course i want to study. I'm a student of futa 200l, 3years to go + strikes + irregularities i think i wont loose much having to start over... i really need someone to put me through. pls... thanks. I can be reached through my email: houser.inc@gmail.com

johnwisdom10: Please can any one tell me the entry rquirement for underG course in canada?

You might want to try the studying in Canada thread where people who want to pursue undergrad/postgrad in Canada post their questions and answers....
https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part3

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bamshy: 2:17am On Nov 21, 2012
Hi Everyone,
While wishing everyone success in their applications, we would like to organize a get together for Nairalanders and friends currently in Toronto, Mississauga and Brampton during the coming holidays. If you will be interested please reply and you will get more information in the coming weeks. Merry Christmas in Advance!
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by J20: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2012
Anyone with idea of the best/cheapest flights to Toronto? I need suggestions, please.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by creamygirl(f): 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2012
Try Emirate @ J20
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Olami1224: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2012
Please anyone in Regina SK, dat can help with accommodation matters, and put me through somethings so i dont over step. sodiqonas@yahoo.com, please send me a mail, i urgently need you candid response.

God bless You.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by earthgreeners(m): 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
Olami1224: Please anyone in Regina SK, dat can help with accommodation matters, and put me through somethings so i dont over step. sodiqonas@yahoo.com, please send me a mail, i urgently need you candid response.

God bless You.

post anything here
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Bakorede(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
@justwise-please kindly direct me to the topic/thread on visiting canada.i need the requirements.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Olami1224: Please anyone in Regina SK, dat can help with accommodation matters, and put me through somethings so i dont over step. sodiqonas@yahoo.com, please send me a mail, i urgently need you candid response.

God bless You.

Hv u gotten accomodatn?
I read ppl get accomodation from www.kijiji.com
The best u can do is find one there, then contact a nairalander dt can help u check d house.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by efewhoa: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
Hello, is there anyone here attending the university of Windsor or planning to go there for winter 2013 or falls 2013?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by laykay(m): 11:05pm On Dec 03, 2012
trodon: Hello all,
Any one studying in Manitoba? I am in Winnipeg (Red River College) and have met just a few Nigerians. I am beginning to wonder if there are Nigerians in Winnipeg. If Nigerians dey abeg holla make we collide. I am doing my practicum right now.

Heyy please I need to contact you. Please assist me with a contact addy thanks so much
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ifegy: 12:33am On Dec 04, 2012
Bakorede: @justwise-please kindly direct me to the topic/thread on visiting canada.i need the requirements.

https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part3/235
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 10, 2012
Pls any post graduate Centennial College hopeful resuming on 7th Jan 2013?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Godymn: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2012
Any one studying in Winnipeg,canada....plz,drop ur facebook name....@Trodon and anyother ...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Godymn: 9:28am On Dec 11, 2012
trodon: Hello, is there any Nigerian in Winnipeg Manitoba? I just want to meet anyone from home. I have spent about 8 months in Winnipeg and have not had the oppurtunity to meet a lot of Nigerian. I was told that there are lots of Nigerian student at U of M but haven't really been there. Just holla back!

Hello trodon....u sculing in Winnipeg?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Robbie37: 8:40am On Dec 14, 2012
I. undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ifegy: 2:08am On Dec 15, 2012
Robbie37: Hi guys,I am seriously in need of off campus accommodation for winter 2013 at Humber North Campus.

Just did my medicals, the embassy is asking for Receipt of Boarding for one year. What should I do? undecided

More likely to get a suitable response if you post in this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part3/235
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ludaeking: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
Am new in this trend...pls can any1 help reply?....i skl in O.A.U, pharmacy part 1....bt i wnna travel to canada to startt all over...i have done my international passport...can any1 pls tell me an estimation of visa processing in naira to canada?....
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by emmatony: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2012
Pls I wnt to do my Phd in physics and I found memorial university in canada good for me. Fee per semesta is 689 cad other tins 200cad apart frm acommodation. Pls hw much do I need to hold dat will be ok for me to start my program b4 gettin a job. Pls include money for flight. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by mayo47(m): 12:59am On Jan 12, 2013
Hello everyone I actually just finished my masters in uk and looking to going for MBA in Canada.Well applying to memorial and Regina, The question is can I apply from the Uk to the Canadian embassy in London and I dont presently have my original waec certificate as I see it's kinda needed due to date of birth mistake on waec part, would this in any way affect my application and can more than one sponsor like having two different people bank statements.waiting on ya all.
)
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 13, 2013
deolub: Please can somebody help me with the list of Universities in canada where I can apply for a Master of Research (MPhil) in Either of Enviromental Engineering, Structural Engineering or any other Civil Engineering Courses in CANADA with full funding as a research or graduate assistant. I graduated with a Second class Upper from a reputable University in Nigeria (civil Engineering)

Please I really need It on time @lasbonboi @Paschal137 @Newacca @emakgaga @deniyor @justwise et al

I am suspecting that u finished from unilag....

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by creamygirl(f): 4:49am On Jan 14, 2013
undecided
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Dehonourable: 3:15am On Jan 19, 2013
Hi house, pls is anyone in UBC, Vacouver? I learntd d schl gives sm stipend automatic to all graduates students out of the Tuition fees per annum and dat wuld covers living xpenses. because am planning to apply for Msc Chemical engineering. Pls, how competitive is their admission?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2013
creamygirl: @deolu, try university of western ontario because dey give full funding for research master and stipend for upkeep. Mail me so I can give you detail of a prof to follow up on but its very competitive. Hope ur CGPA is high

Does a 3.7 cgpa stand a chance? I know its nt high.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by slamdunk99(m): 3:02am On Jan 22, 2013
Dehonourable: Hi house, pls is anyone in UBC, Vacouver? I learntd d schl gives sm stipend automatic to all graduates students out of the Tuition fees per annum and dat wuld covers living xpenses. because am planning to apply for Msc Chemical engineering. Pls, how competitive is their admission?
Yea UBC awards an international partial tuition scholarship for many but not all graduate courses and not same value for all. the highest is $3,200 per annum (roughly 35% of tuition and fees) so its a good offer. UBC is competitive with a high Chinese population. Finding a black on campus is rather difficult let alone a Nigerian. I know a couple of Nigerians though (after thorough search.....lol)....but hey I we could get in, why not u....its just one of those universities after all. This link may help https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/international-tuition-award

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.