Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? (533644 Views)

Pls I Want To Travel To Canada How Do I Start An How Much Is The Cost / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 31, 2016
saxywale:

An HND is classified as advanced diploma in Canada, ond is classified as regular diploma (from polytechnics or community colleges). I just about 3 uni that accepts diploma students into 3rd year, if one takes a 6months remedial school. Some polytechnics would admit students with diploma into their bachelors of tech program. I think nait in Edmonton also offers bachelors of bus. administration. Using your degree might be the best option because you would have more schools you can apply to. Instead of a few uni's and community colleges.
Ok,thanks a lot I really appreciate ur response.but what u're saying is that I should use my bsc now instead of my diploma? And besides,do u know some schools that there addmissio is nt as hard to be admitted? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 31, 2016
pepe4reps:

Ok,thanks a lot I really appreciate ur response.but what u're saying is that I should use my bsc now instead of my diploma? And besides,do u know some schools that there addmissio is nt as hard to be admitted? Thanks
www.nairaland.com/2557850/travelling-canada-part-9
That get advice about admissions on that thread.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Larriekay: 4:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
senatonato:

Was that the cheapest school u could get..i have an offer to lambton college for approximately 14000CAD. The course is also business management for 2years. But if u are ok with this current offer then u can go ahead. U can meet up if u apply b4 2nd week of feb. If u intend to pay ur tuition b4 handing in ur application ur sponsor's account should have good cash flow and minimum balance of lyk 3-4m.
pls do u have idea of tuition fees for engineering at university of regina, all I see is 3 credit hour. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Royat1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
Larriekay:
pls do u have idea of fees for engineering at university of regina, all I see is 3 credit hour. Thanks
are you going for an undergraduate course or a graduate course?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by maximus89: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
please good evening house,
pgd in a college in canada, can i apply directly for a mscc program after d pgd..directly? pls i need ncandid reply
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
hello guys.

I must thank everyone here. Infact reading people's responses and questions has really helped me though am a bit confused as am about starting. pls read

I currently hold a b.sc in marketing but wish to apply for a diploma course in Okanagan british college, Columbia.

I discovered there is an unrefundable application fee of 100cad. Does it mean that if the admission isn't granted the sch wont refund an applicant.

what do you think should be forwarded alongside the application form as I can only think of original waec result with scratch card.
does it require any reference letter from a former lecturer, place of work, employment letter, payment slip, bank statement, bank's letter of introduction etc.
pls guide me cus I wouldn't want to be denied admission .

BR.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by chuksey1(m): 11:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
i am about to start my application to a canadian university. when going thru some of the websites of these universities i found out that tution fees is paid in terms and that three terms make up an academic year.

so my question is do i have to pay my tuition fee for the first term only or do i have to pay the fee for the entire first year before i can qualify to apply for a study permit.

i will appreciate the kind replies of those already studying in canada.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Royat1(m): 7:57am On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=Stanleyelege post=42506311]hello guys.

I must thank everyone here. Infact reading people's responses and questions has really helped me though am a bit confused as am about starting. pls read

I currently hold a b.sc in marketing but wish to apply for a diploma course in Okanagan british college, Columbia.

I discovered there is an unrefundable application fee of 100cad. Does it mean that if the admission isn't granted the sch wont refund an applicant.

what do you think should be forwarded alongside the application form as I can only think of original waec result with scratch card.
does it require any reference letter from a former lecturer, place of work, employment letter, payment slip, bank statement, bank's letter of introduction etc.

BR.

You should send a mail to there admission officer about the requirements, if you have the necessary requirement and submit the right documents you should be admitted, it's advisable to apply to more than one school.
Note: am about submitting my documents for study visa. ( u of R)
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by bucade11: 11:42am On Feb 02, 2016
Is memoria uni has started given out admission
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
Please house how much is a Canadian Visitors Visa fee
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=Royat1 post=42511785][/quote]

Thanks so much. I will do like you have suggested.
what do u mean by ( U of R)?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kennykolabo: 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hi everyone,

Please I need assistance.

I was refused sometimes in Nov-2015.
However, I am trying to re-apply this month.

May I know if I can still use the online cic account which I used previously for the new application or am I to start a fresh from answering the questionaire and opening a new cic account.
If yes please can someone put me through on how to go about it.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kennykolabo: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hi everyone,

Please I need assistance.

I was refused sometimes in Nov-2015.
However, I am trying to re-apply this month.

May I know if I can still use the online cic account which I used previously for the new application or am I to start a fresh from answering the questionaire and opening a new cic account.
If yes please can someone put me through on how to go about it.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by yungreezy: 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hi guys,
I mailed two supervisors at Uni of Sasktchewan recently, but im yet to get any response from them. How best can I go about getting a supervisor. Also, can i go ahead to apply without getting one yet? I intend studying for a Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering this fall.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Royat1(m): 11:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Stanleyelege:

Thanks so much. I will do like you have suggested.
what do u mean by ( U of R)?

Sorry, have been busy lately.
U of R means University of Regina. There application is still open for admission, there admission decision takes like 21working days, excluding Saturday's and sunday's.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Harmony22: 1:09pm On Feb 04, 2016
gbade11:

i just applied to SAIT FOR BAPT PROGRAM TOO CAN WE STAY IN TOUCH BY WHATSAPP SO WE CAN CREATE A GROUP TO SHARE INFORMATION AND IDEAS HERE IS MY WHAT'SAPP NUMBER 09051898428

Bro,I'm also planning to apply to SAIT now.just went thru their application process.
Bro kindly let's share ideas.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Oyeleye2011(m): 1:15am On Feb 05, 2016
I believe you are talking about Okanagan college, Kelowna in British Columbia. If that is the college you are talking about. I am presently studying in the school. And what you need for admission into diploma program is just your O'Level result plus scratch card to verify the result, then you can add your transcript to give you an opportunity to transfer some courses but transcript is not compulsory for admission. Yes you have to pay non refundable admission fee to the school. Every student pay the fee. Also make sure you verified about the space in the program you are about to apply to because it may be full or has a limited space. That is the only reason you can be denied the admission and they will normally book you for the next admission. I wish you best of luck.

Stanleyelege:
hello guys.

BR.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by thefacelessguy: 12:06pm On Feb 06, 2016
Hi guys. I'm a newbie on this thread. Big thanks to everyone that has contributed so far.

I have been reading this thread for a while and finally decided to come forward to ask some questions. I'd sincerely appreciate urgent and sincere answers:

I finished in a Naija UNI with 5.7/7.0 from Electrical Electronic Engr.
I am applying to Uof Manitoba for Fall, 2016.
I started the application some days before the deadline, filled my referees details( they are yet to fully respond to it)
The application was stated on the site to close Feb 1st but then I want to take my chances to go ahead to submit instead of waiting for my referees

Q1: How do I pay the application fee in Nigeria? ATM cards? What bank? Which Bank's charges is the most reasonable?
Q2: Is it still possible to get sponsorship? The advisor I chose is yet to reply my couple of mails? Do I keep stalking him?

Thanks guys. Hoping for a swift response.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by kunleJr(m): 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
1) yes, ATM card, maybe you could call up the customer care to ask for rates. GT, Access, Union Bank.
2) well, you can still keep trying or probably give him a call smiley cool
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good evening everyone, I need some vital information from the thread. My 16 year old sis is planning to study in Canada for her degree certificate, I would like to ask what cheap universities do you recommend? What are necessary documents needed( she has only her waec results)? What are the cost implications( please bear in mind she won't be on scholarship oo) how easy is it too gain admission into the universities over there since we are just starting the process by July 2016. Please your detailed responses will be appreciated. Note: her likely courses are law and mass communication
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by busola1986: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2016
Good day everyone, i am new here.... planning to for my masters in canada with a bachelor of Science in computer Science and a Cpga of 3.42 on a scale of 5.0
1. firstly can i get a school towards Sept 2016
2. i need a very cheap skool
3. Need someone to help me out with d process preferably someone's number. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Drajah(m): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2016
Can any one explain to me why the canadian embassy don't collect original documents?
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by KlarkDevlin: 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2016
To all of you can get used!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by ceemac: 12:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
please anyone knows who is studying in University of Western Ontario here? I need some clarifications and assistance...

Also from the experienced, How easy is it transferring from Course based Masters to Thesis based Masters in order to reduce cost on arrival?
what are the possible implications?

@IyaEjima @earthgreeners @Fhemmy @ifegy and @allforumites
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by FKBZ: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
Please i have a friend in Nigeria whose last degree was an OND but wishes to study further abroad.

He would prefer to do it online due to his business commitments but doesn't know how to go about it.

I would appreciate if any one can recommend schools with good online degree,affordable fees and minimal travel i.e traveling there only maybe for convocation or practicals would be ideal..

I would have suggested a Nigeria university but we all know the standard right now.

I need hands-on experience or first hand information,links ,website thankssss.

I have tried google but it isn't so explanatory.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by Mjones77(m): 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
please i am a recent t graduate planing to go to travel to USA to hustle with a six months visa what wud u advice.
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by yungreezy: 7:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hi, what course are you going for? And whats the tuition for ur course
ceemac:
please anyone knows who is studying in University of Western Ontario here? I need some clarifications and assistance...

Also from the experienced, How easy is it transferring from Course based Masters to Thesis based Masters in order to reduce cost on arrival?
what are the possible implications?

@IyaEjima @earthgreeners @Fhemmy @ifegy and @allforumites
Re: Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? by senatonato(m): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Hello house
My sponsor is my dad..his account has good inflow and outflow of cash. But his current balance is abt 1m plus. Can i use it lyk that to apply for trv..my programme starts may. Time isnt on my side. I await response and advice of gurus.. i have also already paid part of the tuition which is 6800Cad

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (84) (Reply)

Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.