Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,687 members, 7,862,145 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! (1772 Views)

A Faithful Broke Man Or A Rich Cheater (pics) / This Is How A Faithful Man Looks Like (pic) / How Many Of Us Can Boast Of A Faithful Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2012
Humans like to think of themselves as a faithful species, but when it comes to true fidelity, many other animals offer better examples of how to keep a relationship together. Although monogamy and lifelong pair bonds are generally rare in the animal kingdom, here's our list of 11 animals that pull it off.

Swans form monogamous pair bonds that last for many years, and in some cases these bonds can last for life. Their loyalty to their mates is so storied that the image of two swans swimming with their necks entwined in the shape of a heart has become a nearly universal symbol of love.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:23am On Feb 09, 2012
Gibbons
Gibbons are the nearest relatives to humans that mate for life. They form extremely strong pair bonds and exhibit low sexual dimorphism, which means that males and females of the species are of roughly equal size, a testament to the fact that both sexes are on relatively equal footing in their relationships.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2012
Black vultures
Good looks are not a prerequisite to a faithful relationship. In fact, black vulture society makes sure of that. They have been known to attack other vultures that have been caught philandering!

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Killz3(m): 11:26am On Feb 09, 2012
That Golden Gibbon looks like someone i know! cheesy
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:30am On Feb 09, 2012
Bald eagles
They are the national emblem of the United States, and when it comes to maintaining relationships, bald eagles soar much higher than the country they symbolize. Bald eagles typically mate for life, except in the event of their partner's death or impotency — a number far lower than America's divorce rate, which now exceeds 50 percent.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by LaParisienne(f): 11:32am On Feb 09, 2012
~Killz~:

That Golden Gibbon looks like someone i know! cheesy

Hehehehe. Just when I thought you've changed like me. LWKMD
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2012
Turtle doves
There's a reason that turtle doves come in pairs of two in "The Twelve Days of Christmas." These emblems of love and faithfulness have even inspired poetry in Shakespeare, being the subject of his poem, "The Phoenix and the Turtle."

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Killz3(m): 11:36am On Feb 09, 2012
La Parisienne:

Hehehehe. Just when I thought you've changed like me. LWKMD
I've changed. grin You mean you also changed overnight like me? cheesy
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:38am On Feb 09, 2012
Although most rodents have a reputation for promiscuity, prairie voles break the trend, generally forming monogamous pair bonds that occasionally last a lifetime. In fact, the prairie vole is typically cited as an animal model for monogamy in humans. They huddle and groom each other, share nesting and pup-raising responsibilities, and generally show a high level of supportive behavior.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by LaParisienne(f): 11:39am On Feb 09, 2012
~Killz~:

I've changed. grin You mean you also changed overnight like me? cheesy

No haven't changed yet, still exihibitng your old traits. Maybe love will change you, like it did me tongue
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Killz3(m): 11:40am On Feb 09, 2012
Babasessy. . . nice thread! smiley
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by claremont(m): 11:41am On Feb 09, 2012
Babasessy:

Humans like to think of themselves as a faithful species, but when it comes to true fidelity, many other animals offer better examples of how to keep a relationship together. Although monogamy and lifelong pair bonds are generally rare in the animal kingdom, here's our list of 11 animals that pull it off.

Swans form monogamous pair bonds that last for many years, and in some cases these bonds can last for life. Their loyalty to their mates is so storied that the image of two swans swimming with their necks entwined in the shape of a heart has become a nearly universal symbol of love.
Reference source: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/photos/11-animals-that-mate-for-life/old-faithful.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Killz3(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2012
La Parisienne:

No haven't changed yet, still exihibitng your old traits. Maybe love will change you, like it did me tongue
Tell love i'm waiting. . . Maybe you can make recommendations! cheesy

claremont:

Reference source: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/photos/11-animals-that-mate-for-life/old-faithful.

We know. Just let us enjoy the thread! wink
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:44am On Feb 09, 2012
Termites
In an ant colony, a queen mates once with the male(s), stores the gametes for life, and the male ants die shortly after mating. In contrast, several species of termites can form lifelong pair bonds between a female "queen" and a single male "king" who literally give birth to their entire kingdom.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:49am On Feb 09, 2012
Albatrosses
An albatross may fly great distances over the oceans, but despite its extensive travels, this bird will always return to the same place — and the same partner — when it's time to breed. Pair bonds between males and females form over several years and will last for a lifetime, cemented through the use of goofy but affectionate ritual dances.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:52am On Feb 09, 2012
Often portrayed as tricksters and con artists in popular folklore, wolves have a family life that is more loyal and pious than most human relationships. Normally, packs consist of a male, a female and their offspring, essentially making wolf packs akin to a nuclear family.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:55am On Feb 09, 2012
French angelfish
You're unlikely to ever find a French angelfish alone — these creatures live, travel and even hunt in pairs. The fish form monogamous bonds that often last as long as both individuals are alive. In fact, they act as a team to vigorously defend their territory against neighboring pairs.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by LaParisienne(f): 11:56am On Feb 09, 2012
~Killz~:

[color=#000030][font=tempus sans itc][size=11pt]Tell love i'm waiting. . . Maybe you can make recommendations!  cheesy
I recommend erm. . . brb. **running for my dear life**  cheesy

claremont:

Over sabi go kill some people. Smh

@OP
I'm enjoying your thread.
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Babasessy(m): 11:58am On Feb 09, 2012
Schistosoma mansoni worms
They may not offer the conventional image of love, but these parasitic worms are usually far more faithful than the humans they inhabit. As unromantic as it sounds, they cause the disease schistosomiasis, also known as snail fever. When they reproduce sexually within the human body, they form loyal monogamous pair bonds that typically last the entire cycle.

Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Killz3(m): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2012
La Parisienne:

I recommend erm. . . brb. **running for my dear life**  cheesy
Running already? sad
Re: Do You Think Yourself A Faithful Partner? Check This Out! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2012
these are animals not human being, do you know what goes on in the animal kingdom

(1) (Reply)

Why Does This Always Happen To Me? / Twin Brothers Arrested Over Whose Turn It Was To Have SEX With Girlfriend / He Called His Girlfriend "f0cking B1tch" @ The Subway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.