Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) (15490 Views)

Islamic Teachings on Intimate Relations Between Spouses / Who Are The Ahl Al-bayt (Household) of The Holy Prophet (saws)? / Some "wonderful" Teachings Of Mohammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:26pm On Feb 10, 2012
" The worship done by the one who earns his living on unlawful money is similar to a building constructed upon sand.”

-The Holy Prophet Muhammad (sa)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2012
"There is no successful outcome in treating people unjustly".

-Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as),the first Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2012
"It is love which brings closer those who are remote by ancestry, and it is (the absence of) love which causes dissociation between those who are related by ancestry"

-Imam al-Hassan Ibn Ali,al-Mujtaba (as),the second Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:37pm On Feb 10, 2012
"Never will be salvaged the people who win the consent of the creature at the cost of the dissatisfaction of the Creator".

-Imam al-Hussain Ibn Ali (as),the third Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2012
"The greatest right which is on you is from Allah Himself and this is the root of all other rights , The greatest right of Allah on you is to worship Him without associating anything with Him. If you do that with purity of heart, He promises to give you sufficiently what you need here and in the next world".

-Imam Ali Ibn al-Hussain,as-Sajjad (as),the fourth Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:48pm On Feb 10, 2012
Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (as) once said to one of his companions: "O Jabir it is not enough that a person says; I am a Shia and I love the Prophet (sa) and the Prophet's family and the Imams. By Allah, a Shia is the one who is perfectly pious and obedient to Allah's commands. Anyone else is not a Shia no matter how much they say they love Imam Ali (as) and no matter what they call themselves. O Jabir Our Shias are known by these signs: (a) They are truthful, trustworthy and loyal; (b) They always remember Allah; (c) They offer their prayers, observe fasts, and recite Qur'an; (d) They help their neighbors, take care of orphans, and say nothing but good of people; (e) They act nicely towards their parents; (f) They are worthy of peoples trust and confidence.

-Imam Muhammad Ibn Ali,al-Baqer (as),the fifth Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:49pm On Feb 10, 2012
"The most perfect of men in intellect is the best of them in ethics".

-Imam Ja'far Ibn Muhammad,as-Sadeq (as),the sixth Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2012
"Whenever people committed new sins which they didn't use to do , God gives them new afflictions which they didn't expect"

-Imam Musa Ibn Ja'far,al-Kazim (as),the seventh Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 10:55pm On Feb 10, 2012
"The one for whom the day of Ashura is a day of tragedy, grief and weeping, Allah The Mighty, The Glorious, shall make the Day of Judgment, a day of joy and happiness for him".

-Imam Ali Ibn Musa,ar-Reda (as),the eighth Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2012
"Tawba" depends upon four things: sincere regrets, verbal "istighfar", deeds and determination never to repeat the sin".

-Imam Muhammad Ibn Ali,al-Jawad (as),the ninth Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2012
"No one can describe Allah with attributes other than those with which He describes Himself. How can anyone describe Him when senses are too short to perceive Him, illusions are too short to comprehend Him, ideas are too short to mark Him, and sights are too short to appreciate Him? He is remote in His nearness and near in His remoteness. He created the how without being asked "How?" and founded the where without being asked "where?" He is out of how and where. He is the One and Only. Exalted be His Majesty and sacred be His Names".

-Imam Ali Ibn Muhammad,al-Hadi (as),the tenth Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2012
"An age will approach when the people’s faces would be laughing (exalting) & their hearts would be dark , bleak & dirty . The sunnah to them would be innovation & heresy & innovation would be (considered) sunnah among them. The faithful would be belittled & debased among them , & the transgressor would be honorable & respectful among them. Their lords & chiefs would be ignorant & aggressive ones. And the religious scholars would be on the threshold of the aggressors & tyrants".

-Imam Hassan Ibn Ali,al-Askari (as),the eleventh Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 11:14pm On Feb 10, 2012
“When Allah permits us (i.e. the Ahlul-Bayt) to speak, truth will prevail and falsehood will vanish”.

-Imam Muhammad Ibn Hassan,al-Mahdi (ajtfs),the twelfth Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 11:03pm On Feb 12, 2012
"People are slaves to the world, and as long as they live favorable and comfortable lives, they are loyal to religious principles. However, at hard times, the times of trials, true religious people are scarce"

-Imam Hussain (as),the third holy Imam.
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 6:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
"Everything has a foundation, and the foundation of Islam is love for us, the Ahl al-Bayt".

-The Holy Prophet (s)
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 11:12pm On Feb 27, 2012
“If man perceived his death and its speed towards him, he would certainly detest the world and its hopes.”

-Imam Ali (as)
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by Zhulfiqar1: 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
"A free man remains free under all circumstances. He will be patient if he suffers from a calamity. He will not break down if he is stormed with catastrophes, even if he is captured in war, or is hurt and his comfort turns into hardship. An example is the Prophet Joseph (a.s), who was deported, imprisoned and hurt, but his freedom was not affected in the least bit. The darkness of the well (in which he was left by his brothers), and whatever else that happened to him did not hurt him at all. Then God honored him and turned the tables around. He made the oppressor who ruled over him his servant. He (Allah) appointed Joseph to be His Prophet, and brought His Mercy upon a nation through him.This is an example of practicing the art of patience well. You should be patient, too. You will be victorious. Remain patient until you get divine rewards."

-Imam Ja'far Ibn Muhammad,as-Sadeq (as),the sixth holy Imam from the progeny of Prophet Muhammad (sawaws).
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2012
"If you scold a child, then leave him room to turn away from his wrong action, so that you do not leave him with obstinacy as his only way out".

-Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as)
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
Holy Prophet Muhammad [sa] said:

"O Fatimah! Every eye shall be weeping on the Day of Judgment except the eye which has shed tears over the tragedy of Husain [as] for surely, that eye shall be laughing and shall be given the glad tidings of the bounties and comforts of Paradise."
Bihar al-Anwar, Volume 44 page 193

Imam 'Ali Ibn al-Husain (as),Zaynul-Abidin (the fourth holy Imam) said: "Every Mu'min (believer), whose eyes shed tears upon the killing of Husain Ibn' Ali (A.S.) and his companions, such that the tears roll down his cheeks, Allah shall accommodate him in the elevated rooms of paradise".
(Yannaabe' al-Mawaddah, pg.: 429.)
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by bigbash(m): 9:30am On Apr 22, 2012
no matter how you make your false creed attractive you will not prosper in spreading this falsehood, REPENT NOW!

2 Likes

Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 8:10pm On Apr 22, 2012
the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him and his family),Muhammad Ibn Abdullah (sa) said:

"I am leaving among you that which if you hold onto you will never go astray after me. One of them is greater than the other. It is the Book of Allah, a rope stretching from the heaven to the earth. The other is my itrah (progeny), my Ahlul-Bayt. The two will never be separated until they reach me at the Pond. Watch closely how you treat them both after me".

Sunan al-Tirmidhi 5/663 No. 3788;Sahih Muslim, 031:5920
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2012
Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as),the first holy Imam,said:

"I have never argued with an ignorant fool and won; nor have I argued with a
rational person and lost".

"O people know that the maturity in religion lies in the pursuit of knowledge and putting it into practice. Indeed! The pursuit of knowledge is more incumbent upon you than endeavor for livelihood; for, your livelihood has been apportioned and guaranteed by Allah the Just One and will be provided to you. Knowledge is stored with its possessors and you have been commanded to acquire it from them."

1 Like

Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by bigbash(m): 8:40pm On Apr 22, 2012
ok I am ready to learn, are you the knowledgeable one? may Allah forgive you for all the fabricated narrations you attribue to the prophet Muhammad and Ali.

1 Like

Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2012
bigbash: ok I am ready to learn, are you the knowledgeable one? may Allah forgive you for all the fabricated narrations you attribue to the prophet Muhammad and Ali.

https://www.nairaland.com/908175/progress-iran-under-islamic-regime#10658693
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
" Do not fall into despair over wrong action, when the door of turning to Him in repentance is always open".

"Every statement in which God is not mentioned is a vanity. Every silence in which there is no thought of Him is carelessness. Every reflection in which there is no consideration of Him is an idle pastime".

"The one who is prudent is the one who has control over his passions".

"Prefer to be one who is overcome while being just, rather than one who triumphs while being unjust".

"If you hear words that hurt you, then bow your head before them and they will miss you".

"The value of each person lies in the good he does".

"Beware of being lazy, for surely whoever is lazy is not fulfilling the duty he owes to God".

"True worship is not to pray and to fast excessively, rather true worship is to ponder on God, the Most High".

"Tears only dry up and fail to flow as a result of hard-heartedness and the hearts only harden as a result of an abundance of sins".

"I am amazed at the one who settles down in the abode that passes away, and ignores the abode that lasts for ever".

1 Like

Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 4:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
For those who refused to side with any party, Imam Ali or his enemies, Imam Ali (as) said: "They have forsaken religion and are of no use to infidelity also".
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2012
"People often hate those things which they do not know or cannot understand."

Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
"Behold! The similitude of my Ahlul-Bayt (as)is like the Ark of Noah:The one who embarks on it will save himself, and the one who turns away from it is doomed"

-Prophet of Allah (swt),Muhammad (sa).
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by Rafidi: 3:37pm On Jun 23, 2012
"As the stars protect mankind from losing the way in a journey,so are my Ahlul-Bayt (as).They are the safeguard against discord in matters of religion.The community dissenting from their teachings on Divine Commands shall be split up by dissensions and become the party of Satan"-Prophet Muhammad (sawaws).
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by ghazzal: 4:38pm On Sep 26, 2012
Informative(may God forgive us for our errors in ignorance). but if i may ask, what is the shia position on other caliphs: Abubakr, Umar, Uthman that were before Ali
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2012
ghazzal: Informative(may God forgive us for our errors in ignorance). but if i may ask, what is the shia position on other caliphs: Abubakr, Umar, Uthman that were before Ali

The Actual Shia Position On The Sahaba
https://www.nairaland.com/822675/actual-shia-position-sahaba

"My Heroes: The Companions Of The Prophet"
https://www.nairaland.com/820316/heroes-companions-prophet/1#11009234

Also check this out for relevant info:

https://www.nairaland.com/1001212/why-it-bidah-forbidden-sinful/1
Re: Sayings And Teachings Of The Ahlul-Bayt (as) by LagosShia: 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2012
Imam Ali Ibn Musa, ar-Rida (as) reported from his fathers, who reported from Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as) who reported from the Prophet (sa) who reported from Jibra'eel who reported from Mika'eel who reported from Israfeel from the Board (al-Lawh) from the Pen (al-Qalam) and said:

" Allah the Almighty says:" The Wilaya (Divinely bestowed Leadership) of Ali Ibn Abi Talib is My Fort; hence, whoever enters My Fort shall be safe from My torment."

Sources:
Tafseer Akhbar Al-Rida (pbuh) vol.1 p.146, Amali Al-Sadouq p.306, Al-Bihar vol.39 p.246, Ta'weel Al-Ayat vol.1 p.93, Al-Manaqeb vol.2 p.296, Maani Al-Akhbar p.371, Shawahed Al-Tanzeel vol.1 p.170, Al-Jawaher Al-Sania p.225, Tafseer Kanz Al-Daqa'eq vol.1 p.505, Tafseer Nour Al-Thaqalain vol.5 p.39 Inspected & Translated by Sayyid Shouhadaa's (A.S) Center for Islamic Research.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Ritual bath(janaba) Compulsory On Him Or Not? / Fasting The Healthy Way. / What Are The Signs Of A Good Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.